[Current Drama 2024] Su Ji and Woo Ri - 수지맞은 우리 - Mon to Fri 20:30 KST

0ly40

Poll 1: Su Ji and Woo Ri   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Doctor Han and Mari will divorce?

• For sure! The man has been unhappy for years. It is too late to reconcile
    • This is a daily. All will be forgiven and they will have a nice happy photo in end
    • I don't care!
    • Something else. What?
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Sun Young (restaurant mom)?

• She will have romance with Doctor Han
    • She will have romance with uncle
    • She will have no romance and live happily single
    • She wiill have romance with both Dotor Han and uncle
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Do you think Woori is the son of Mari?

• Yes, all clues suggest that way
    • Nah. It is too easy if that happens
    • Maybe, maybe not!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/19/2024 at 03:00 PM

Seems SML maybe will like NY for now and marry her? I thought they will get married by drunk sex night, seems i was wrond.  And later he will divorce her?

i just hope he will no like her, this witch NY doesn't deserves  this lol, but i think unfortunaly they will all becomes a family at the ending

• Like 5

NEW EVENT!

Guess the K-Drama!

Hello future/ budding Sherlocks and Poirots!  :heythere:

Get ready to put on your thinking caps for we, the EO Team is back with a new event!  :yay:

Guess the K-dramas from their brief plot outlines and find out how well you know your K-dramas! Are you just one step away from being the next 'Walking K-Drama Encyclopedia! :coolshades:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with yamiyugi’s post above.

also, came here to say Na Young’s smile is absolutely insane. If someone smiles at me like she does, showing all her teeth, I actually get scared. It’s not smiling so much as baring teeth like a wild animal.

• LOL 4

11 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Sorry ratings are late, I was so busy yesterday.

Here is the ratings for Episode 50! :)

It’s doing well! I thought it wouldn’t considering it’s in a bit of a slump in the story.

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

It’s doing well! I thought it wouldn’t considering it’s in a bit of a slump in the story.

I don't think that its rating will drop now, and the story is in a declining quality.

we are already in the important parts of the drama (SY and YJ already meet, SJ and UR blooming relationship and now I think assumably the revelation of SJ since the summary of Episode 52 is really good and interesting).

Spoiler

Episode 52

Ara, who was shocked by Sooji, disappears, and the yard house becomes a mess as everyone searches for Ara. Jin-tae, who visited the yard house, sees Su-ji and Uri, and Na-young receives Mari's invitation and heads to Hyeon-seong's home. Meanwhile, Seon-young, who is angry because of what Su-ji said to A-ra, has a tense confrontation with Su-ji...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay this story secondary plot has just gotten disappointing. I am about to go on a rant over here so be warned. Look I get the fact that a story can have only so many variations to it before you end up telling the same story just change the names, locations and a few more things to call it a new story. If you don’t believe me, take a look at James Cameron blockbuster movie Avatar. At first glance it looks like a great Sci-Fi movie until someone pointed out that Disney did that first in their animated movie Pocahontas. But with totally different visuals add aliens and all James Cameron made it feel like a totally different movie but when you compare plot points you realize this isn’t the case. Now with K-Dramas we have come to see a lot of common points that we like to refer to as tropes. Examples of some of these can be seen in Birth Secrets, drunk scene depending on whether you are the main or secondary characters will often result in a piggy back ride or sleeping together and ending up pregnant respectively or the famous White Truck Of Doom.

But when you simply recycle the plot from the previous drama so soon, I call that lazy. Perhaps after say 5-10 shows we had this plot repeated it wouldn’t have been an issue for me. Again, let me demonstrate my point.

In the last drama a couple is divorced because of a misunderstanding (regarding an affair). The wife wants a divorce but mentions that she wants to raise her children and that she is going to return for them in a few days. Unfortunately, she ends up in an accident and when she returns, she discovers that her Ex Husband has not only moved away without warning and taken the children with him. It also turns out that the husband had informs her sister about his plans and even handed over some money to her so that His Ex could use it as alimony and perhaps to raise the kids. But the sister instead gives the money to her Ex Boyfriend (they were dating at that point) who is being hounded by loan sharks. So, she never reveals this to her sister who believes the worst of her Ex (well that and the fact that she considered that he cheated on her as well.)

Now let’s look at what we have over here. Suji’s mother wants a divorce from her husband (no misunderstanding this time round though) because her husband was caught cheating on her. She makes the same request that she is leaving but she will return to take her daughter and raise her. She also ends up in an accident which results in her coming to late. The family also ends up relocating and her searching for her daughter. Though in this case she did arrive when they were still living but she is deceived by Na Young’s mother to give them a few more days before coming before the family and she then uses the time given to leave for the States. Now you may be wondering okay but the money plot hasn’t been reused. Wrong. Apparently, it turns out that the husband had some money in the safe which he was planning on giving to her as child support and all. But turns out that she ended up stealing the money because she was the one that was hounded by loan sharks.

As you can see the plot points are so darn similar it is like the writers from the previous show and this one were sharing plot points or something. KBS should have noticed this earlier or someone else and brought it up. I get the fact that writers for dailies work differently, and a lot of things happen last minute but this is just wrong.

Anyway, enough of the rant and let’s get on with the show itself. Some of you must be wondering how Na Young’s mother could have gotten away for so long with her stealing said money and no one brought up this point. This is actually partially explained in the latest episode. If anyone were to notice the missing money all she had to do was tell them that Suji’s mother showed up when nobody was at home, and she handed over the money to her. She may have had to figure out what lie to tell them if they asked her how she figured out the code to the safe. She could perhaps say that Suji’s mother told her that (assuming she did know it). They might believe her. She may have then further lied to them that Suji’s mother told her that she had nothing to do with their family and that she had moved on with her life so they should take care of Suji from this point. Hence the people in that house would believe that she had abandoned Suji at this point. The only way her lie would be discovered is if Suji’s mother suddenly appeared and exposed her lie by denying that she received any money at this point. Hence her reason for panicking when she saw her after the accident.

Now someone suggested that Ara might be Uri’s daughter by his Ex. I think that the writer may be keeping that plotline open for the moment depending on how many episodes remain and if we get an extension (hopefully not). Because as of now there is already another issue for the two of them (Suji and Uri) to breakup. We know how in these shows the main leads have to break up at least once either due to some misunderstanding or noble idiocy on the part of the other. For instance, someone might try and guilt trip them into breaking up. But once the other party discovers this fact, they realize just how much the other cares for them and declares that they aren’t breaking up, but their feelings only grow stronger. So, for instance when Suji was dating Hyung Sun his father could have pointed out to Suji that he disapproves of her and if she continues to date Hyung Sun he is going to cut him out of the family and that she is going to be responsible for separating a child from their parents.

Thankfully that didn’t happen but like I was saying that one of the reasons that the main leads could perhaps end up breaking up temporarily is Suji discovers that she is currently living with her biological mother (Na Young’s mother could be the one to reveal this fact in the hopes that she leaves the house). At this point one has to realize that she thinks that her mother is Uri’s mother. She isn’t aware that she has legally adopted him. So, she might think that she has fallen for her brother so she might want to break up without explaining her reasoning. Eventually either her mother or Uri is going to discover the actual reason and they will clear up their misunderstanding. Thus, they will end up back together.

Then depending on how many episodes remain we might get the Ex to pop back up or the fact that Uri maybe Hyung Sun’s brother. Na Young will probably try and hide this fact so she will cause issues so that there are misunderstanding between them so that they don’t realize the truth etc...

Na Young is still someone I have a hard time to get a read on. On one hand it seems like she is getting better then on the other hand she is back to old scheming methods. For instance, after seeing Hyung Sun’s muscles she seems to be physically attracted to him and then just when they feel a bit of a connection they are about to kiss. But she comes to her senses and stops him in time. Was she actually feeling guilt in that brief moment and realizes that she was doing something wrong. But then a few scenes later we see her take advantage of a situation. His mother calls her over for dinner. She then persuades Hyung Sun to show up knowing full well that he will see her and think that this is an amazing coincidence and all. She already knows that he is drawn towards her from that near kiss. This will allow them to get another step closer.

His mother can already see the sparks between them. Just how real are they is the question.

Oh, and speaking oh his mother I just can’t believe her. She tells her son that his father is having an Emotional Affair with Suji’s mother. She feels hurt because of that but my question here is just who exactly is to blame for said situation. Whenever her husband tries to communicate with her, she has an issue. The guy needs to express himself she herself fortunately has an outlet with her hospital’s psychology department what about her husband. Perhaps he should do the same. But are those sessions even working. Granted I get where she is partially coming from. It might not have been a major issue for her if he was seeing another guy to get his issues of his chest. But then again you never know she might have made an issue of that as well. Also, her accusing her husband that he deliberately brought Suji’s mother to his office for her to see. I am not a 100% sure what she was implying (i sort of do but at the same time don’t) but this again doesn’t make a lot of sense. For him to do that he must know that she was coming and how could he do that unless she contacted him beforehand about her arrival time.

In other words, any misunderstanding is on her part because she refuses to have a civil conversation with her husband. Not only that she doesn’t want to divorce him because of her ego. Just because she can’t be happy, she doesn’t want the same for her husband and she thinks that she is punishing him. But what she doesn’t get is that she isn’t going to be happy either way. Once she gets a divorce, she may actually discover the things that are keeping her unhappy and find her own happiness instead of being stuck in the past.

I think Hyung Sun’s father on the other hand is finally discovering that Suji is actually a better person than he thought. She after all was honest with him by pointing out that his son helped her out with her family debt and that once she is in a better financial position, she plans on paying him back. Also, the fact that she is done with him and how she left so abruptly on the engagement party day. Perhaps it can be a plot point in the future when he thinks that she might make the better DiL and gives her his approval only to be reminded that she has moved on as she pointed out earlier and she is happy in her current life. Granted that would make Na Young furious and we can get more plots where she is scheming to get him to hate her and Uri.

Oh, and the part when Na Young orders the rack and tells Hyung Sun not to worry as she will manage. Then calls him over as she is having a hard time fixing it. The prop department should have done this better. They already provided her with an almost done shelf. What exactly did Hyung Sun have to do at this point. Tighten up some screws? Maybe if it was more in parts I wouldn’t have an issue. Time saving points correct.

Rapper Brother at least is the only one in his family that is decent at this point. He is realizing just how much trouble his father is going through to keep the family together. Secretly doing another job. That he is helping him out over here as well. I was really hoping to see more time with him and Doori but he just doesn’t have time. He is definitely growing from when he started out.

Doori acting cute and faking to be his girlfriend just didn’t work. Don’t get me wrong sure she looks pretty and all it is just that cute tone these characters tend to use that bugs me. Again, if they might have been younger like little kids I might be able to bare with it. But not when they are adults like this. Still, it was so satisfying to see Rapper Brother finally beat his rival in something. Perhaps we can see more of him teaming up with Doori. Like I said she seems to be a positive affect on him.

I don’t like the fact that Na Young’s mother has spotted Suji’s mother with the Uncle because this will further justify her earlier claims that Sujis mother has left the family for another man and she is living happily with them. Another reason to cause misunderstanding between her former family and think that she abandoned Suji. It isn’t like the others in that family will go and confront those two. I am just waiting till the truth is exposed.

Perhaps we should have a poll at this point on what will happen to Na Youngs mother when they do. With possible answers.

Nothing (She will come up with a lie)

She will get kicked out of the house (allowing her to return in the future)

She will get divorced

Something Else.

Speaking of her she is so insistent on wanting to make Hyung Sun her future SiL. Perhaps she is simply looking out for her family in her own twisted way. But my question is what she is going to do when she discovers that Na Young has been pursuing him. Will she eventually let it slide after all she is still getting him as part of the family or will she try and break them up. Clearly, she is going to initially scold her for trying to steal her sister’s man. Until Na Young will point out that those two were over and Suji has no interest in getting back with him and that she has her own love interest at this point as well. That might go well until she realizes just whose son Uri actually is. She will then try and break them up because Suji’s mother is bound to be involved and she can’t allow that.

Okay I will end my post over here. So, till then take care all of you and let’s see how the show pans out. Surprisingly the morning daily got faster subs than the latest episode for over here. Not that it matters. We still got it in one day. So, all is good.

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Now someone suggested that Ara might be Uri’s daughter by his Ex. I think that the writer may be keeping that plotline open for the moment depending on how many episodes remain and if we get an extension (hopefully not). Because as of now there is already another issue for the two of them (Suji and Uri) to breakup. We know how in these shows the main leads have to break up at least once either due to some misunderstanding or noble idiocy on the part of the other. For instance, someone might try and guilt trip them into breaking up. But once the other party discovers this fact, they realize just how much the other cares for them and declares that they aren’t breaking up, but their feelings only grow stronger. So, for instance when Suji was dating Hyung Sun his father could have pointed out to Suji that he disapproves of her and if she continues to date Hyung Sun he is going to cut him out of the family and that she is going to be responsible for separating a child from their parents.

Thankfully that didn’t happen but like I was saying that one of the reasons that the main leads could perhaps end up breaking up temporarily is Suji discovers that she is currently living with her biological mother (Na Young’s mother could be the one to reveal this fact in the hopes that she leaves the house). At this point one has to realize that she thinks that her mother is Uri’s mother. She isn’t aware that she has legally adopted him. So, she might think that she has fallen for her brother so she might want to break up without explaining her reasoning. Eventually either her mother or Uri is going to discover the actual reason and they will clear up their misunderstanding. Thus, they will end up back together.

Then depending on how many episodes remain we might get the Ex to pop back up or the fact that Uri maybe Hyung Sun’s brother. Na Young will probably try and hide this fact so she will cause issues so that there are misunderstanding between them so that they don’t realize the truth etc...

Based on what Suji did to Ara by telling her that her mother abandoned her, I'm starting to believe that Ara's mother might not be assosiated with Uri. Why you ask? Well, because Ara defended her mother that she didn't abandon her. She has to be right. You don't want Suji right in this situation. 

Also, let's say there is a scenerio that Uri is the hospital chaebol son, and SML's half brother. You don't want to give this character having more makjung secrets than he already has. This is suppose to be light hearted family drama. Having one makjung secret is enough.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Based on what Suji did to Ara by telling her that her mother abandoned her, I'm starting to believe that Ara's mother might not be assosiated with Uri. Why you ask? Well, because Ara defended her mother that she didn't abandon her. She has to be right. You don't want Suji right in this situation. 

Also, let's say there is a scenerio that Uri is the hospital chaebol son, and SML's half brother. You don't want to give this character having more makjung secrets than he already has. This is suppose to be light hearted family drama. Having one makjung secret is enough.

I felt it was strange everyone is trying to associate them with Uri. If this woman knew Uri, wouldn't Uri know Ara is his daughter. 

• Like 1

SuJi should have explained to Ara, better but her own trauma forced her hands. She was not right to do so but I understand why she did it. Since this is a daily the mother will come back .

I feel SJ’s mom needs a wake up call. How can she tell SJ that mother do not abandon their child when she can see that a lot of children has been abandoned by their family at the orphanage. She appears to be naive or delusional? 
What do you guys think? 

I may not stick around till end of this drama. Waiting to see if Jang Yun Ja will be kicked out and divorced. She has to fall in despair for all her sins. If they forgive whatever but she doesn’t deserve the Jin family. Her MIL is in pain and she doesn’t even care, she only cares about her clothes. She has expensive taste and doesn’t know that MONEY DOES NOT GROW ON TREES. It would not be fair for them to stay married and still live a good life until the end of the drama.  She stole from her husband, lied to her husband’s ex  and made sure to keep them from finding out that she did come back. Even now Jang Yun Ja doesn’t feel bad for separating mother and daughter. She is still going down a path of destruction like her daughter. She will keep trying to find ways to make SJ leave that house. I don’t even know how far she go to keep them apart

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 1:07 PM, UnniSarah said:

I felt it was strange everyone is trying to associate them with Uri. If this woman knew Uri, wouldn't Uri know Ara is his daughter. 

This woman could of not told uri that she was pregnant with his baby. 

• Blob 1

She has done terrible things x like stealing money and lying about SJ’s mother being a typical woman. A woman who has moved on and doesn’t want anything to do with her child. I believe she feels superior in her delusion that SJ’s mom is a bit selfish. Na Young‘s mother only sees NY as her perfect daughter.

Sometimes I can’t help but feel she treats her son and daughter very differently. She doesn’t doesn’t have any blinders on for his faults but with NY it is on full blast. 
I am disgusted by the way Jang Yun Ja speaks to Su Ji and always calls her a brat. What kind of mother would ever call her child like that? The more the drama progresses, it doesn’t feel like a light-hearted drama. 

• Like 1