Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Spoiler

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Director Explains Reasoning Behind Season 2 Plot + Teases Lee Dong Wook’s New Storyline

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Director Explains Reasoning Behind Season 2 Plot + Teases Lee Dong Wook’s New Storyline

Lee Dong Wook will be starting a new hunt in the upcoming season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed”!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938 in Season 2. “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

Ahead of the premiere, director Kang Shin Hyo discussed the new season, Lee Dong Wook’s character, and more. He shared, “It felt regretful to part ways with the characters we developed well in the previous season, so I’m really happy to be able to greet viewers again with this good opportunity.”

Lee-Dong-Wook-1.jpeg

On the upcoming season’s premise, Kang Shin Hyo explained, “I debated which we should show between Yi Yeon’s past, present, and future. If we dealt with Yi Yeon’s love and brother previously, this time we wanted to show the expansion of Yi Yeon as a mountain god. That’s why we decided to send him to the time period when he most neglected his duties as a mountain god and the time period with the people who needed his help the most.”

He revealed that the Season 2 story arose from questions about what mountain god Yi Yeon would have been doing in this era, where humans and even mountain gods, native gods, monsters were all having a hard time. The director added, “Of all eras, that era happened to be the one in which Yi Yeon was the most indebted.”

Lee-Dong-Wook-2.jpegLee-Dong-Wook-3.jpeg

With regards to the mission Yi Yeon will have to undertake in the year 1938, Kang Shin Hyo commented, “Yi Yeon fights to the death in order to return to present day where his love Nam Ji Ah is. In that journey, he will realize his debt and return after paying it off to Joseon and the characters around him.”

Finally, Kang Shin Hyo shared, “Even more mountain gods, native gods, and foreign monsters ravaging the land will appear. We will showcase much more action and diverse stories.”

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will begin airing on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584031wpp/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-director-explains-reasoning-behind-season-2-plot-teases-lee-dong-wooks-new-storyline

LeeDongWook and KimHyeJun officially confirmed cast for Disney+ novel based drama TheKillersShoppingMall, a nephew who lost her parents, knows the truth of a suspicious shopping mall after her uncle's sudden death, and the obituary is known to customers. Release in 2024.

Lee Dong Wook And Kim Hye Joon Confirmed To Star In Upcoming “The Killer’s Shopping List” Spin-Off Drama

Lee Dong Wook And Kim Hye Joon Confirmed To Star In Upcoming “The Killer’s Shopping List” Spin-Off Drama

Lee Dong Wook and Kim Hye Joon will be starring in “The Killer’s Shopping Mall” (working title), a spin-off to “The Killer’s Shopping List”!

On May 2, Disney+ revealed the lineup of cast members for its upcoming drama “The Killer’s Shopping Mall” including Lee Dong Wook and Kim Hye Joon, who were reported to take on the lead roles last year.

Based on author Kang Ji Young’s novel, “The Killer’s Shopping Mall” is an action drama that follows the story of a character living with her uncle, who runs a shopping mall, after her parents’ passing. However, she faces new truths following the sudden death of her uncle.

Lee Dong Wook takes on the role of uncle Jung Jin, who secretly runs a suspicious shopping mall and takes care of his niece who lost her parents, whereas Kim Hye Joon plays the role of his niece Jung Ji An, who lost her parents and grew up under her extraordinary uncle. Anticipation is high for the chemistry between the two actors who are working together for the first time through this drama.

“The Killer’s Shopping Mall” is set to premiere in 2024. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584081wpp/lee-dong-wook-and-kim-hye-joon-confirmed-to-star-in-upcoming-the-killers-shopping-list-spin-off-drama

*** Looking forward to this drama. It looks interesting.   :ohboy2:

13 New K-Dramas To Add To Your Watch List In May

May has arrived, and so have various new K-dramas to bring excitement to you this month!

These are some new K-dramas that are set to premiere over the next few weeks:

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”

tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938.jpeg

Cast: Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung Soo, Hwang Hee, Kim Yong Ji, Nahyun, Kim Joo Young, Jo Dal Hwan, Woo Hyun Jin, Kim Seung Hwa, Kang Na Eon, Han Geon Yoo, etc.

Premiere Date: May 6

Broadcast Details: Saturdays and Sundays at 9:20 p.m. KST

The first season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, told the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he gets swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938 in the new season. “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

Watch the first season below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Lee Dong Wook, Ryu Kyung Soo, And Kim So Yeon Praise Each Other’s Acting In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

Lee Dong Wook, Ryu Kyung Soo, And Kim So Yeon Praise Each Other’s Acting In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has shared a look at the main characters’ past!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

The newly released teaser previews at a glance the special chemistry between the three mountain deities Yi Yeon, Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon), and Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo), who were close from a young age. The three young friends as children put their hands and hearts together, and even as adults, Yi Yeon, Ryu Hong Joo, and Cheon Moo Young remain together as close friends. Despite looking bored as Cheon Moo Young reads his books, Yi Yeon stays by his side, and Ryu Hong Joo looks upon the two with a fond smile. Although they’re not as young and carefree as they were when they were children, their bond and trust remain as strong as ever.

Spoiler

tale-of-the-nine-tailed-2.jpeg

tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-So-Yeon-2.jpeg

However, the atmosphere takes a stark turn in 1938, and the people who greet Yi Yeon are no longer his friends. Ryu Hong Joo wields a blade with a fierce gaze, while Cheon Moo Young aims his bow and arrow, making viewers curious to find out how and why their relationship has changed.

Lee-Dong-Wook-.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-So-Yeon.jpegRyu-Kyung-Soo.jpeg

Regarding the addition of Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo as cast members for the upcoming season, director Kang Shin Hyo shared, “It feels like we’ve gained an army supporting us.” The director added, “The synchronization [of the actors] and their roles is really great. Every scene where Yi Yeon, Ryu Hong Joo, and Cheon Moo Young gathered together delivered staggering tension and laughter. If I could make [the story] again, I would want to make them encounter Yi Yeon early on.”

Lee Dong Wook also picked the narrative that the mountain deities have as a point to look out for in the story. Regarding his co-stars, Lee Dong Wook shared, “They are all people with great dispositions. Their acting is also outstanding. It was to the extent that I just had to react well [to their acting].”

Regarding Lee Dong Wook on set, Kim So Yeon remarked, “He was like a pillar on set. I was so happy to work together with him, and I was able to film enjoyably thanks to him.” She added, “Actor Ryu Kyung Soo has a mature side, and I relied on him a lot because he is also great at acting. I learned a lot from the two actors, and I want to convey my gratitude.”

Ryu Kyung Soo shared, “They’re both acting seniors to me, but I couldn’t have asked for more because they matched [my acting] so that I could act comfortably.” He continued, “I was grateful to Lee Dong Wook because he went to great efforts to take care of and lead the people who were newly introduced this season. I was able to act comfortably thanks to him.” In regards to Kim So Yeon, Ryu Kyung Soo shared, “She has incredible energy to the point that just exchanging [lines] with her was a great help to my acting. I even felt better thanks to her positive and friendly energy.”

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will premiere on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584105wpp/lee-dong-wook-ryu-kyung-soo-and-kim-so-yeon-praise-each-others-acting-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

*** I'm excited to see the never-before-seen synergy between Lee Dong Wook and Kim Hye Jun who join hands to work in a drama series “The Killer’s Shopping Mall,” for the first time. The details on the number of episodes and the exact release date are yet to be decided. I hope we could get to know them soon.  :heart:

*** As this will be the 1st time between Lee Dong Wook and Kim Hye Jun to work together in “The Killer’s Shopping Mall,”, I hope they will have an awesome chemistry. This will also be my 1st time see her acting. I can't wait to see how the story will unfold. As the drama is said to be an exciting thriller, I 'm sure this will keep us on the edge of our seats.   :Ohboy3:

*** LDW has been recognized for his visuals since his debut, but, his yearbook photos show that even before he hit the  screen, Lee Dong Wook was always boyfriend material. The yearbook photos were released on SBS‘s Good Morning some years ago, showing that even as a student, it was clear he was born to be a star as he stood out from his peers with his actor-like visuals.   :blush:

nODwHPdFnoSPkwviCZKBTbDN6Zq1u1WQSOS7iFCo

eSFX3WagHuDFE9qLo3dO7qI9bawldqmw0jZbmqqQ

eSFX3WagHuDFE9qLo3dO7qI9bawldqmw0jZbmqqQ

photos source : Koreaboo

*** The newly released stills capture Yi Yeon lying in the middle of the road in Gyeongseong in broad daylight.  We can also see Yi Yeon’s heartwarming reunion with his younger brother Yi Rang (Kim Bum), who sacrificed his life in Season 1. In the next set of stills, Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) makes a formidable entrance by presenting a bouquet of roses to Yi Yeon.   :shaq:

New stills from the drama “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

002.jpeg

001.jpeg

004.jpeg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim So Yeon Woos Lee Dong Wook With Roses In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

Spoiler

20230504094153_ldw_ksy.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Dong Wook has been thrown off by his unexpected reunion with Kim Bum and Kim So Yeon in “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

The newly released stills capture Yi Yeon lying in the middle of the road in Gyeongseong in broad daylight. Not too far from him, a mysterious man wearing a red and white mask watches Yi Yeon. The gaze beyond the mask is somewhat chilling and unmoving as if he has been watching him from the beginning.

002.jpeg

003.jpeg

Yi Yeon’s heartwarming reunion with his younger brother Yi Rang (Kim Bum), who sacrificed his life in Season 1, also draws attention. Yi Yeon’s face is full of emotions as he hugs Yi Rang. On the other hand, Yi Rang seems to be frozen by the sudden embrace from his older brother.

001.jpeg

In the next set of stills, Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) makes a formidable entrance by presenting a bouquet of roses to Yi Yeon. In contrast to Ryu Hong Joo’s proud expression, Yi Yeon seems perplexed by her gesture.

Viewers are curious to find out more about Yi Yeon’s turbulent journey back to 1938.

005.jpeg

004.jpeg

006.jpeg

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST. Stay tuned! Watch a teaser here!

While you wait, watch Season 1 with subtitles below:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

Lee Dong Wook has been thrown off by his unexpected reunion with Kim Bum and Kim So Yeon in “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”!

The newly released stills capture Yi Yeon lying in the middle of the road in Gyeongseong in broad daylight. Not too far from him, a mysterious man wearing a red and white mask watches Yi Yeon. The gaze beyond the mask is somewhat chilling and unmoving as if he has been watching him from the beginning.

002.jpeg

Spoiler

003.jpeg

Yi Yeon’s heartwarming reunion with his younger brother Yi Rang (Kim Bum), who sacrificed his life in Season 1, also draws attention. Yi Yeon’s face is full of emotions as he hugs Yi Rang. On the other hand, Yi Rang seems to be frozen by the sudden embrace from his older brother.

001.jpeg

In the next set of stills, Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) makes a formidable entrance by presenting a bouquet of roses to Yi Yeon. In contrast to Ryu Hong Joo’s proud expression, Yi Yeon seems perplexed by her gesture. Viewers are curious to find out more about Yi Yeon’s turbulent journey back to 1938.

Spoiler

005.jpeg

004.jpeg

Spoiler

006.jpeg

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST. Stay tuned! Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584739wpp/kim-so-yeon-woos-lee-dong-wook-with-roses-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

10 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lee Dong Wook has been thrown off by his unexpected reunion with Kim Bum and Kim So Yeon in “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”!

In the next set of stills, Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) makes a formidable entrance by presenting a bouquet of roses to Yi Yeon. In contrast to Ryu Hong Joo’s proud expression, Yi Yeon seems perplexed by her gesture. Viewers are curious to find out more about Yi Yeon’s turbulent journey back to 1938.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584739wpp/kim-so-yeon-woos-lee-dong-wook-with-roses-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

@backstreetboysfan hey, you double-posted again this article. This was again posted above.........please check before posting. :surprisedwut:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Good Data Corporation shows an insight into the Korean entertainment industry by providing a weekly ranking of the most talked actors and dramas in Korea. This aims to spotlight the most actors and dramas that are gaining attention in Korea on the 4th week of April. I'm happy that "Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938" is trending in Korea at the moment.   :Megathanks:

Hottest Korean TV Drama on April 4th Week

1. "Dr. Romantic 3"

2. "Doctor Cha"

3. "The Good Bad Mother"

4. "Pale Moon"

5. "The Real Has Come!"

6. "Oasis"

7. "Queen Of Mask"

8. "Family: The Unbreakable Bond"

9. "Joseon Attorney: A Morality"

10. "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938"

good-data-drama-050423-5.jpg

*** “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938” will also be premiering globally on Prime Video tomorrow May 6. Ahead of the premiere, the stars had an interview with Manila Bulletin and other Asian media outlets where they talked about the series and their roles. The drama involves time travel to the past and will have more action scenes, according to Lee Dong-wook and Kim Bum. When asked to compare playing their characters in seasons 1 and 2 of the drama,  Lee Dong-wook and Kim Bum said the first season was more challenging since it was the first time that they worked on the drama. During the interview, Lee Dong-wook explained why gumiho has become an interesting subject in dramas and how it is portrayed in the upcoming “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938.” “Usually, people are familiar with the gumiho being a woman. But we twisted that a little from the past season into creating a gumiho that was male. And we followed the journey of this male gumiho in his endeavors to protect the woman he loves as well as his family. I think it also taps into the curiosity of what it would be like for a mythical character or an otherworldly being to come into live in the contemporary days. I think all of those elements combined has led to all the great response we’ve been getting, as well as helped gumiho become a intriguing subject matter in the drama scene.” The drama involves time travel to the past and will have more action scenes, according to Lee Dong-wook and Kim Bum. “Compared to season 1, I’d say that because we’re situated in a different time period, that means everything’s about to change. Also, you can expect a greater scale of action. As for romance, because I’m going back in time as a married man to Ji-ah, my love stands very firm. And holding on to that love, I’ll be going back in time and responding to many different events, in order to protect what I love,” said Lee Dong-wook. When asked to compare playing their characters in seasons 1 and 2 of “Tale of the Nine Tailed,” Lee Dong-wook and Kim Bum said the first season was more challenging since it was the first time that they worked on the drama. “If I had to choose, I’d have to say it’d be the first season that was more challenging. Because for this time around, we have what we’ve already built in the former season, so we know how to work off of one another, we have the chemistry, and we have a full understanding of the narrative between the characters,” said Lee Dong-wook. According to him, “The first season wasn’t that difficult either, but if I had to choose, it would be season 1 because we had to create everything from scratch. For 1938, thankfully, we could just go with the flow because everything was just there from the previous season. And we actually returned to the show in about two years, but it felt as if we had just wrapped up the shoot for season 1 yesterday and we were just picking up where we left off right away.” The two said that if given the chance, they want to visit the Philippines. Lee Dong-wook has been to the Philippines five to six times. “Because of Covid, we couldn’t travel, and it’s been a long time since I met with my fans overseas. In fact my last Asian tour was back in 2017, so about six years ago. I can’t believe it’s been that long,” he said. He added, “I really miss my fans in Asian countries, including the Philippines fans. I remember the fans being so welcoming and loving toward me, and I only have great memories of the country. So I truly hope I’ll be able to visit again soon.”

Prime Video subscribers in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, and Japan can watch a new episode of “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938” weekly, every Saturday and Sunday. The show will launch globally everywhere else later in the summer.    :ohboy2:

Tale2_15_2f9a2578ee.jpg

Tale2_22_2847252a0a.jpg

Tale2_2_c53938b7d3.jpg

*** While many popular dramas make triumphant returns with a second season, usually centering on the lives of the lead characters after the end of the previous season, but, "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938" is doing the opposite - it will take viewers back in time, bringing the lead character to 1938. However, I think there will be more thrilling action, and mythical creatures and monsters for the new series.   :heart2:

*** The drama series, "Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938" is set to air from Saturday evening. They continue the story into the second season because for sure it would be better than the first and would be much more exciting than the first. The second season will air its first episode at 9:20 p.m. KST.   :wut: