Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

3 hours ago, winterdew said:

Hi dear chingus! Sorry it's been such a long time. The days leading up to the Singapore FM were really hectic due to the fan support we had to prepare, and thereafter I was trying to cope with the disappointment regarding the fan support we did, while busy prepping for my HK trip, during which I also attended the HK FM. Will share more about my experience at both FMs a bit later, but first, after reading @Puppywookie's post, I'd like to share my story with regards to the fan support we did for the SG FM and which eventually led me to feel down and disappointed for quite a while. @Puppywookie, I hope you get a chance to read this and it helps you to put things in perspective :)

As some of you may know, @Princi_86 and I started a crowdfunding project to raise funds to do food and fan support for Wookie's SG FM. Given that Singapore was the first stop in Wookie's FM tour (outside Korea), we wanted him to feel warmly welcomed and loved by his fans here, so we really put our hearts and souls into it. Raising funds was one thing. The next was coordinating all the various gifts we were planning to give him--cake, beer bouquet, wine, fan book, customised sashes, shirt, among many other things that we wanted to include in the gift basket. Also, we had to design and arrange to print handheld banners and coordinate food support for Wookie and his Korean crew. It involved weeks of hard work, and many nights, I and I'm sure @Princi_86, @joyezz@bunnyb and a few others who had been actively helping us with this project, slept only three to four hours. And as the person coordinating these things with the organiser, whom had sprung many last minute "surprises" on us, the experience can only be described as stressful and gruelling at times. With everyone's help, we thought we had managed to pull it off... that is, until what happened at the FM. We saw with our own eyes how the photo passes were randomly given away to fans, many of whom were in the Cat 2 and 3 categories who weren't supposed to get them. But what was worse, to me, is the fact that up till today, we still have yet to get any photo proofs or written/verbal confirmation from the organiser that our gifts had indeed reached Wookie (we had to pass them to the organiser who then passed the gifts to him backstage).

My personal motivation for spending so much time and effort in doing this (for the weeks leading up to the FM, it was really squeezing in whatever time I have in between or after working hours to work on this project) was solely to make him feel welcomed, so you could imagine my disappointment when the organiser failed to show us any photo proofs or acknowledgements. Furthermore, we were also hoping that with these photo proofs, we could share our joy with fellow contributors, including some chingus in this thread, who participated in our crowdfunding project. For over a week, I felt incredibly down and demoralised. I started questioning why I or we did so much to prepare his gifts. It also felt like those who weren't actively supporting him got more benefits (e.g. the photo op) than us lot who contributed time, effort and money to make him feel happy and welcomed... not that getting fan benefits was ever a motivation for us to do this. I also wondered if there was any point to this fangirling at all. It bothered me tons that all the hard work didn't translate to the results we had hoped for--just simply knowing that he has received and appreciated our gifts. 

Since that incident, I've gotten many words of consolation and encouragement from fellow fans, including some of you :) I had some time to reflect and think through the things that happened, and what made me a fan of his at all. I've come to the conclusion that there are many highs and lows in life, including fangirling which is a journey in itself too. I'm sure things will turn out better next time, as we learn from what went wrong this time so we can do better next time. @Puppywookie, our situations are a bit different, but I understand where you are coming from, as a fellow passionate fan of his who gave a lot to show her support to him. I was there at the HK FM too, and I agree that he seemed quite dazed at the hi-touch session. I think he briefly made eye contact with me (like half a second, haha) and he didn't respond to what I said either. But that's him--he's not the kind who dishes out fan service just because. He's very influenced by his mood, which makes him more real in a sense... for all we know, he could have been tired, disappointed about the Baeksang Awards, or a combination of both. So don't feel disheartened. As fellow chingus in this thread have said, for us fans, seeing our idol succeed and receive love everywhere would be the biggest reward for us :) Anything other than that, such as being able to meet them, talk to them, take photos with them... those are wonderful bonuses that we all hope for someday. But till then, I hope we can all continue to support him together. Take the time you need to heal and think things over, because that worked for me :) Anytime you wanna talk, we're here for you. Because like you have said, Wookie fans are such nice people. That's what keeps me and I'm sure you and many others in this lovely fandom ^_^

@winterdew Sorry dont mind i ask u a random question. Are u the one behind the Lee Dong Wook Addicts instagram account? I would also like to join u guys for future projects! I am the sg cong girl

• Like 6

@winterdew welcome back chingu , we missed your sensible thoughts here:heart: i think you already get over your experience since you manged to travel all the way to Hong Kong fanmeeting .

i think we all need group hug including Wookie who seemed a little different in his last fanmeeting as @Puppywookie said before and now @winterdew @joyezz and i already read many comment stating he looked tired , GET WELL SOON Wookie

Image result for group hug gifs

• Like 10

Lee Dong Wook on the kiss scene with Yoo In Na "We were filming for 24 hours, it was cold and raining, I just wanted to go home"

0000962057_001_20170505202315539.jpg

Lee Dong Wook also said that the Goblin cast keep a group chat where they update each other on their activities.

[+4172, -76] Just looking at the making I could feel it, there's no selfishness very professionalㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+1849, -33] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+1409, -45] I miss Goblin againㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+1245, -33] Grim reaper oppa ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ  I miss you 

[+892, -88] It looks good

[+249, -17] He must have a girlfriend... that statement was a wall

[+228, -11] So there's a girlfriend then ㅠㅠㅠ

[+219, -8] That's way too honest..

[+221, -9] Lee Dong Wook. In an old episode of Healing Camp, his sister came out and thanked her oppa. He is a family man and has a great image. and also a good actor

[+206, -10] And that's an unexpected Lee Dong Wook 1-0 Yoo In Na ㅋㅋ (closest I could explain의문의 1패)

if you are interested

• Like 13

@Puppywookie Fangirling is your choice. Whether you still want to be LDW's fan or not, it is totally up to you. We totally understand your not so preferred situation and disappointment. Since I still haven't meet him in person, and I'm totally a newbie in fangirling him compared to your in-depth feelings and experience, I actually have nothing to say other than take your time and sort out your feelings. Feel free to come back to us when you feel right about him. And if you don't come back at all, bless you girl for still sharing with us such a detailed story from HK FM, presscon, and bit of your own life story after all that happened to you, when we are all strangers to you. Well, LDW brought us all here, with many different reasons I guess. But don't feel ashamed on having LDW as an escapism. You should be grateful that you can escape from your bad experience by fangirling him. People tend to escape by doing much much worse stuff. So stay positive! And glad to have such a husband of yours. My sister, her husband, brother, cousin are all K-dramas and Western dramas lovers. We are all GR team in Goblin. We will watch his upcoming FM together. Don't know what will happen. And because of that I know it feels nice to have someone to accompany you. Cheer up girl!

@winterdew Glad to have you back! I'm so amazed by your dedication to greet LDW in SG. I feel bad about your experience in SG FM. But I'm happy you can sort out your disappointment and come back here to comfort our chingu. Yes, LDW's fans are amazing bunch of people. Actually the first time I joined this forum, from my first post, it was only to ask about a magazine LDW featured in March and then done, leave the forum. I didn't have any intention to continue posting and sharing here. Haha, you all hold me back here. 

Our LDW is back to work. He will be featured in Marie Claire Taiwan. Ooooohhh, so it's Louis Vuitton now? Oppa, you're so expensive. I remember some time ago, I said I wish he will model LV in earth color for their jungle and animal theme, preferrably outdoor setting. But LDW in white... I will not say no.... I half wish some editorial chief will take him out to do pictorials outdoor. It will be different and of course look amazing.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, noname111 said:

@Puppywookie Fangirling is your choice. Whether you still want to be LDW's fan or not, it is totally up to you. We totally understand your not so preferred situation and disappointment. Since I still haven't meet him in person, and I'm totally a newbie in fangirling him compared to your in-depth feelings and experience, I actually have nothing to say other than take your time and sort out your feelings. Feel free to come back to us when you feel right about him. And if you don't come back at all, bless you girl for still sharing with us such a detailed story from HK FM, presscon, and bit of your own life story after all that happened to you, when we are all strangers to you. Well, LDW brought us all here, with many different reasons I guess. But don't feel ashamed on having LDW as an escapism. You should be grateful that you can escape from your bad experience by fangirling him. People tend to escape by doing much much worse stuff. So stay positive! And glad to have such a husband of yours. My sister, her husband, brother, cousin are all K-dramas and Western dramas lovers. We are all GR team in Goblin. We will watch his upcoming FM together. Don't know what will happen. And because of that I know it feels nice to have someone to accompany you. Cheer up girl!

@winterdew Glad to have you back! I'm so amazed by your dedication to greet LDW in SG. I feel bad about your experience in SG FM. But I'm happy you can sort out your disappointment and come back here to comfort our chingu. Yes, LDW's fans are amazing bunch of people. Actually the first time I joined this forum, from my first post, it was only to ask about a magazine LDW featured in March and then done, leave the forum. I didn't have any intention to continue posting and sharing here. Haha, you all hold me back here. 

Our LDW is back to work. He will be featured in Marie Claire Taiwan. Ooooohhh, so it's Louis Vuitton now? Oppa, you're so expensive. I remember some time ago, I said I wish he will model LV in earth color for their jungle and animal theme, preferrably outdoor setting. But LDW in white... I will not say no.... I half wish some editorial chief will take him out to do pictorials outdoor. It will be different and of course look amazing.

I hope you will enjoy your FM :)

can't wait for your report haha

• Like 4

6 hours ago, joyezz said:

@winterdew actually I am curious of what makes him dazed like that :( at SG FM hi touch he wasn't like that 

he needs free hugs

from us hehehe

@Ida_Dosh welcome back :)

@noname111 @marie1986  Wookie makes me do a lot of things I've never done before too (for example greet him at the airport haha)

Although I've been fangirling for years haha

@joyezz Wookie does make me do lots of things i did not do before too. Like buy tickets for a fanmeet and even go for a fanmeet. His fanmeet is the first (and most memorable) fanmeet in my entire life. Number 2 is to watch a celebrity's arrival live.

• Like 4

His swollen eye in the latest pic and this again makes me worry :( what has happen in Hong Kong or maybe before .made you this way Wookie ??

anyway luckily the IG owner was grateful though .

this is awesome lucky girl

• Like 8

After reading all your long messages and also seeing some views of the internet that some people also thought he was tired and a bit down, I am really not so affected anymore and feel grateful that several of you guys had tried to comfort me like real friends. To be honest he was really happy the day of the press con and different on the day of his fan meeting. The only thing I could think of in between that happened was the Baeksang awards. Also he has mentioned several times in interviews he has not had a break after Goblin at all so I guess the exhaustion increases too over time. And I also do know from other interviews that he can be quite moody and it completely changes the way he is. Even when he was an MC in strong heart, you can tell the days when he was in a good mood and when he was in a slightly bad mood.

To be honest when I saw the pics of the stuff arranged by the Singapore girls like the Best Actor and Best stylist ribbons and the beer bouquet and the cake, it actually did make me smile about how cool and creative those gifts are, I think that the work you guys did affect other international fans and probably Wookie smiled too when he saw them, so Winterdew, don't think your efforts were in vain, it affected more people than you realize.

I saw some instagram videos and pics of Gong Yoos fan meeting. Not to say that he is always one up on Wookie, but he had a whole sofa of guests and a very smug look on his face and also DoDo geh, she is a famous old timer HK movie/TV star, I was kind of surprised even she was there. It made me feel for Wookie a bit and remind me of his hard times before Goblin, and how he had overcome them. Maybe because their fan meetings were so close together and in contrast, Wookie seemed have less support than Gong Yoo once again. And I think Wookie really does need the support of the loyal fans he has.

So guys thanks sincerely for your messages and have a great Sunday!

• Like 9

@winterdew welcome back, girl! I really miss you and your posts, and regarding the result of SG FM, just like your post, it's not part of LDW's fault but more at EO's fault (note 1: Don't believe at EO's promise). I really love your post and how you overcame your discouragement and you still support him until the end! Despite of the silences of SG EO about SG's fans gifts, I hope someday KKE will upload those fans gifts as an appreciation to the fans, I mean shouldn't be it later appeared at his official ig? Several weeks ago, I saw Coldplay's official ig pic where they posted Korean's gifts from the fans. Overall, I assumed that LDW already felt the loved from SG fans, we don't need recognition from him but seeing him happy at his FM is enough. And agreed with puppywookie, your SG fans projects was daebak and made us also feel those unconditional love. LDW's fandom such a great community and I'm glad to be part of that. Hope you'll share more projects and post about your experience at his other FM.

@Puppywookie Glad that now you feel better. I agreed that LDW's emotion showed very clear in many circumstances. And since you knew it from his strong heart-MC era, don't you think it's part of his traits that make us love him even more? His straightforward personality made me felt in love since LDW act's is so pure and natural where he didn't spend of life to satisfied the fans. Sometimes, some of actors could act so nicely like Idols like PBG or SJK but most of them are more eccentric like GY, I'm glad that LDW is still at the middle. Oh plus, I remember LDW's a B-blood type and I'm a B, whereas I also couldn't pretending about my mood like him. Hope someday you could attend his FM whereas you'll have better outcome. As for me, since HK FM, my only pray that he's now have a great rest before his INA FM. I also keep my expectation low whereas I just wanna him to be happy at INA. His last visit to INA and the next to be is definitely at a different scale but his last visit definitely looked so fun! He laughed lot and just hope he'll have great laugh too... I already prepared the gift for him but If I couldn't have time to give it (or based on note 1) since the EO doesn't very supportive maybe I'll keep it first until next time where I could drop it by myself at KKE's office. LOL

@noname111 Glad that you're still stay here! Please don't switch for another Wook!

On 5/6/2017 at 0:24 PM, marie1986 said:

Besides, we are as fans our only reward for supporting an actor is to see him growing in his career, having better chances and for his name to be resounding all over the world. This is our real reward and our main goal.

And thanks for beautiful words! Seeing LDW rises and gets recognition as an actor is definitely our biggest rewards!

• Like 12

Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted something in this forum. Glad to see that everyone is actively sharing news and pics of Wookie here :) 

Thank you @Puppywookie and @winterdew for sharing your fangirling experiences and being so candid about the ups and downs you went through.

I'm currently watching The Partner after Bubblegum and Wild Romance to get over the withdrawal symptoms after Goblin. At Ep 3 and liking it so far. However I can't help a sense of deja vu while I'm watching it. It's like I have watched a similar storyline before but I can't put my finger on it. Anyways Wookie is so young The Partner! I love that his character here is insolent and a bit of a jerk rather than the perfect romantic type. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-07%20at%2010.43.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

while he was singing:heart:

Ahhh omg omg omg!!! :wub: Loves! :heart: Thanks whoever for these pics! :)

1 hour ago, theinvinciblered said:

Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted something in this forum. Glad to see that everyone is actively sharing news and pics of Wookie here :) 

Thank you @Puppywookie and @winterdew for sharing your fangirling experiences and being so candid about the ups and downs you went through.

I'm currently watching The Partner after Bubblegum and Wild Romance to get over the withdrawal symptoms after Goblin. At Ep 3 and liking it so far. However I can't help a sense of deja vu while I'm watching it. It's like I have watched a similar storyline before but I can't put my finger on it. Anyways Wookie is so young The Partner! I love that his character here is insolent and a bit of a jerk rather than the perfect romantic type. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-07%20at%2010.43.

@theinvinciblered Jerk or not, he is still cute!  He looks even younger here! <3

• Like 3

On 5/6/2017 at 2:55 PM, winterdew said:

Hi dear chingus! Sorry it's been such a long time. The days leading up to the Singapore FM were really hectic due to the fan support we had to prepare, and thereafter I was trying to cope with the disappointment regarding the fan support we did, while busy prepping for my HK trip, during which I also attended the HK FM. Will share more about my experience at both FMs a bit later, but first, after reading @Puppywookie's post, I'd like to share my story with regards to the fan support we did for the SG FM and which eventually led me to feel down and disappointed for quite a while. @Puppywookie, I hope you get a chance to read this and it helps you to put things in perspective :)

As some of you may know, @Princi_86 and I started a crowdfunding project to raise funds to do food and fan support for Wookie's SG FM. Given that Singapore was the first stop in Wookie's FM tour (outside Korea), we wanted him to feel warmly welcomed and loved by his fans here, so we really put our hearts and souls into it. Raising funds was one thing. The next was coordinating all the various gifts we were planning to give him--cake, beer bouquet, wine, fan book, customised sashes, shirt, among many other things that we wanted to include in the gift basket. Also, we had to design and arrange to print handheld banners and coordinate food support for Wookie and his Korean crew. It involved weeks of hard work, and many nights, I and I'm sure @Princi_86, @joyezz@bunnyb and a few others who had been actively helping us with this project, slept only three to four hours. And as the person coordinating these things with the organiser, whom had sprung many last minute "surprises" on us, the experience can only be described as stressful and gruelling at times. With everyone's help, we thought we had managed to pull it off... that is, until what happened at the FM. We saw with our own eyes how the photo passes were randomly given away to fans, many of whom were in the Cat 2 and 3 categories who weren't supposed to get them. But what was worse, to me, is the fact that up till today, we still have yet to get any photo proofs or written/verbal confirmation from the organiser that our gifts had indeed reached Wookie (we had to pass them to the organiser who then passed the gifts to him backstage).

My personal motivation for spending so much time and effort in doing this (for the weeks leading up to the FM, it was really squeezing in whatever time I have in between or after working hours to work on this project) was solely to make him feel welcomed, so you could imagine my disappointment when the organiser failed to show us any photo proofs or acknowledgements. Furthermore, we were also hoping that with these photo proofs, we could share our joy with fellow contributors, including some chingus in this thread, who participated in our crowdfunding project. For over a week, I felt incredibly down and demoralised. I started questioning why I or we did so much to prepare his gifts. It also felt like those who weren't actively supporting him got more benefits (e.g. the photo op) than us lot who contributed time, effort and money to make him feel happy and welcomed... not that getting fan benefits was ever a motivation for us to do this. I also wondered if there was any point to this fangirling at all. It bothered me tons that all the hard work didn't translate to the results we had hoped for--just simply knowing that he has received and appreciated our gifts. 

Since that incident, I've gotten many words of consolation and encouragement from fellow fans, including some of you :) I had some time to reflect and think through the things that happened, and what made me a fan of his at all. I've come to the conclusion that there are many highs and lows in life, including fangirling which is a journey in itself too. I'm sure things will turn out better next time, as we learn from what went wrong this time so we can do better next time. @Puppywookie, our situations are a bit different, but I understand where you are coming from, as a fellow passionate fan of his who gave a lot to show her support to him. I was there at the HK FM too, and I agree that he seemed quite dazed at the hi-touch session. I think he briefly made eye contact with me (like half a second, haha) and he didn't respond to what I said either. But that's him--he's not the kind who dishes out fan service just because. He's very influenced by his mood, which makes him more real in a sense... for all we know, he could have been tired, disappointed about the Baeksang Awards, or a combination of both. So don't feel disheartened. As fellow chingus in this thread have said, for us fans, seeing our idol succeed and receive love everywhere would be the biggest reward for us :) Anything other than that, such as being able to meet them, talk to them, take photos with them... those are wonderful bonuses that we all hope for someday. But till then, I hope we can all continue to support him together. Take the time you need to heal and think things over, because that worked for me :) Anytime you wanna talk, we're here for you. Because like you have said, Wookie fans are such nice people. That's what keeps me and I'm sure you and many others in this lovely fandom ^_^

Hey @winterdew I just want to let u know that you are not alone, I'm very sure our oppa will appreciate the gifts sent by u guys too (I didnt even know he has a soompi fanclub and a instagram fanclub account @leedongwookaddicts (not sure if u guys are the ones behind it) until the fanmeet day itself when i received the banner SINGAPORE :heart: WOOK and I saw the instagram account and the LDW Soompi Fans Sg name on the bottom right of the banner then i found out then i started to find that insta account and follow and only then did i see the things that was done). I saw that u guys even sent a beer bouquet, a cake and even the colour banners for him and even his stylist/manager and I was so touched,  and i asked if anyone knows he received it. Too bad I didnt find out abt the insta account earlier, if not I would have helped u guys out too... Dont feel discouraged ya, I believe he appreciates the efforts too. Tbh, i and some other fans that went for his sg fm also felt that the photo op thing was also abit unfair. But tt one is the organiser's fault and I shall not complain cos I got picked to be the cong girl. Dont give up girl, Im sure he appreciates all the support we give him. In future, if there's any projects for him esp for sg side do let me know. I am willing to help out, ok? :) And if u do need to talk, we are also here. :) I wanted to go to his hk fm too but oh wel, no $$.... I want to go for his taiwan fm next!

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Puppywookie said:

After reading all your long messages and also seeing some views of the internet that some people also thought he was tired and a bit down, I am really not so affected anymore and feel grateful that several of you guys had tried to comfort me like real friends. To be honest he was really happy the day of the press con and different on the day of his fan meeting. The only thing I could think of in between that happened was the Baeksang awards. Also he has mentioned several times in interviews he has not had a break after Goblin at all so I guess the exhaustion increases too over time. And I also do know from other interviews that he can be quite moody and it completely changes the way he is. Even when he was an MC in strong heart, you can tell the days when he was in a good mood and when he was in a slightly bad mood.

To be honest when I saw the pics of the stuff arranged by the Singapore girls like the Best Actor and Best stylist ribbons and the beer bouquet and the cake, it actually did make me smile about how cool and creative those gifts are, I think that the work you guys did affect other international fans and probably Wookie smiled too when he saw them, so Winterdew, don't think your efforts were in vain, it affected more people than you realize.

I saw some instagram videos and pics of Gong Yoos fan meeting. Not to say that he is always one up on Wookie, but he had a whole sofa of guests and a very smug look on his face and also DoDo geh, she is a famous old timer HK movie/TV star, I was kind of surprised even she was there. It made me feel for Wookie a bit and remind me of his hard times before Goblin, and how he had overcome them. Maybe because their fan meetings were so close together and in contrast, Wookie seemed have less support than Gong Yoo once again. And I think Wookie really does need the support of the loyal fans he has.

So guys thanks sincerely for your messages and have a great Sunday!

I agree with u @Puppywookie . Both actors had their hk fanmeet few days after each other and I believe wookie is tired too. Imagine he has no break after Goblin and he has to  travel to and fro countries. I cannot help but worrry for his health too. Especially when he has to adjust to different weather conditions in such a short period of time (my country singapore is very hot unlike the cold weather in korea) (im not sure what is hk weather like now though when i was there last december, it was at a cool 20 degrees) and then back to his country where it is cold. Maybe his body is also tired and fatigued thats why he appear dazed during the hk fm. Yes I also agree wookie does need more support from fans like us. It seems like he has less support than Park Hyungsik and Bo Young when they had their fanmeet here in sg 2 weeks ago. so all the more he needs our continuous support and love!

• Like 7