Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Helloooo @onrainydays47 welcome to LDW thread! Glad that you finally join LDW thread -and please also drag your friend to be here too- LOL. let's spazz about LDW more and more!

@Puppywookie Ahahaha... I know how you feel, PBG over LDW? EWWW! But well, we talked about K-audience whereas they loveeeee PBG so much during 2016, he's like a son of korea, LOL, meanwhile for our LDW, despite of Goblin's success, K-audience talked about GY more and more. But I agreed that even he didn't get the official recognition from acting judges at least he was loved by his fans and got so many CF offers! YAY! About the next role, I also wait with anxious feeling, LOL. I just hope he'll choose wisely based on the writer-main lead. Anyway Puppywookie, if you want to give a Kdrama a try maybe you could tried Defendant/Voice/Whisper, those 3 dramas had great story and got a very manly main lead, not like PBG type since they're at their mid30s.

@joyezz yes, at SK, everything about popularity we just hope next year LDW could make it to BAA nominee based on his performance at newest drama! YAY!

• Like 11

K-ent either go for younger ones or the main leads. I somehow still glad Wookie took Goblin and lead him to they he is right now. Was it much better when he was in My Girl or SOW? The so called his peak time? 

And talking about award and nomination. It was never fair in Korea. But awards don't mean eveerything. I somehow think most of the times juries prefer the younger ones or super popular ones. Even Daesang category now easily won by the young ones. But, one of my friend who's fan and follows all mainstream K-actors said GY for TTB was also devastating in award. Despite the popularity, GY didn't win a single acting award. But he got bunch of CF. At least Wookie kept saying in FM or interview, he didn't get any rest proves him being busy with works.

I'm also nervous with Wookie's next role. Aside from his role and the script, he really needs decent if not A class actress. The one generally loved by K-ent.

@onrainydays47 Welcome to this thread!

• Like 11

Seems that ticketing for Bangkok FM has started couple of hours ago and is doing quite well. The 2 cheapest category sold out. Let's hope the other 2 will do good eventually. This will prove Wookie is loved by international fans. I wasn't hoping it will sold out in 60sec or 10min, as long as it's doing well I'm happy already.

• Like 11

Hi Ladies! About the BAA, I'm very disappointed. I thought LDW will at least get nominated. And he played 3 high-level of difficulties characters, totally different personalities, he cried a lot, looking so devastated for his WY, created standard of elegant yet broken hearted King, and so on. Everyone can call him 2nd lead but it doesn't make his character less complex than other so called male leads. I think his characters are portrayed and appealed even better than other nominees. How can you compare his WY with character who spent most of screentime chasing a girl in his pretty prince outfit? Sorry for anyone who get offended. But, that's my honest opinion. Yes it also got high ratings but Goblin is in cable chanel, with only quarter or one-third of subscribers compared to free broadcasting chanels. 

So my delusional brain that hardly accept this fact, thinks the reason is because most of award ceremonies don't acknowledge winners who won't attend the event (we all know he will be in his HK FM on 3 May 2017 instead of BAA). Remember the Grand Bell Award 2015? Since then, it's quite rare to see any acting award nominee absent from the event, let alone have him/her win it. Knowing LDW won't be there, they don't nominate him? Too bad LDW, better beat them all in your next project! 

Spoiler

And I was hoping that GY will visit LDW's HK FM and vice versa. If that comes true, my theory of no-show no-award is not valid anymore, because GY still got nominated, probably might win (?) even if he is well known of no-show at award events or even in the end shows up at LDW's FM. But GY is the main lead and the drama was named after his character. And speaking about guesting at each other FM, it's more likely for LDW to guest in GY's FM and not the other way around. Since GY came to him already. Unless they will keep visiting each other, but LDW has more FM's than GY. And it's very rare for GY to keep showing up in public event, on top of that, someone else's FM which he guested already recently. Hope I'm wrong about this.

To ease some of my sadness, thanks to Alvolo for a video with LDW repeatedly enjoying his pizza. Oh, hungry. 

Am I the only one thinking LDW is getting thinner especially his waistline? I notice from his pictorials, LDW has 'waist' (as in curvier waist to hip line compared to most adult men, that's why he looks great in everything he wears, most male runway models have waist). But lately he kept pulling up his pants, in his Seoul FM and Ferragamo event. Please eat properly and gain back your posture, Oppa!

C6tBwI7U8AAz00S.jpg

C8ktbBjUAAUiqgG.jpg

C8ktaswUAAAaIMY.jpg

Oppa, please take care of your body and don't get thinner!

Spoiler

Yo, Ladies! Look at my sexy waist!

b327e517-e272-4d1e-b220-3db566e602ec.jpg

5071f706-54ae-4458-8cbc-c4125eb54823.jpg

@Princi_86 I live in US and will fly 14hrs flight to see my handsome Oppa! Hehe. @winterdew told me you both are interested in Japan FM. Great, we can meet each others! Please tell me if you need help on the tickets. My friend can help, I told him about you both and he's fine with it. @world_peace Sure! I'll share Japan FM experience. I look forward to it actually! And hope Bangkok FM ticketing will continue to do well for expensive category. Welcome @onrainydays47 Are you Beast fan? Your name and number 47 is quite obvious hehe.

• Like 12

Thanks for the welcome everyone! @noname111 yes! I'm a long time B2ST fan! How could you know? Even to the extent of Dujun's birthday? Are you Beauty as well? Sorry if off topic. 

From my point of view, as I'm also follower of B2ST / Highlight which is very very underrated though they are talented, don't worry too much, enjoy fangirling and suport your idol/actor as much as you can. I'm sure your idols also don't want their fans to worry too much, over and over again. I think Wookie is very lucky to have fans like you ladies whom will chase him to other side of country, worry to the extent of ticketing sales, next project, co-actress, health, waistline (i cracked up when i read this, seriously?), and some of you are long time fans, right? At least followers of k.actors are a bit more loyal than k.pop. It's cruel world outside. But i see that Wookie is doing very well, with or without a single nomination or recognition from Baeksang. Proud to be his fan!

• Like 9

Watch Special Broadcasts Of Lee Dong Wook And Park Hae Jin On V LIVE!

VIKI_800x450-1.jpg

April is a month of blooming flowers and cool spring breezes — and this year, it’s also a month for two special new programs on V LIVE! Heartthrob actors Lee Dong Wook and Park Hae Jin will begin hosting regular broadcasts on V LIVE starting this month!

First up is “On The Air,” a new live content platform from NAVER V LIVE. This visible radio show will be hosted by trending actor Lee Dong Wook, who recently captured our hearts in the hit drama “Goblin.” “On The Air” will be broadcasted live every 12th day at 11:00 p.m. at the V LIVE “Lee Dong Wook” channel. The first show is scheduled for April 12, so get excited!

But that’s not all! V LIVE will also broadcast “Man to Man Detectives,” an entertainment show featuring the cast of the drama “Man to Man.”

“Man To Man Detectives” will be broadcasted right after the drama “Man To Man,” giving fans the opportunity to ask the cast questions about the latest drama episode through V LIVE chat.

The drama cast, featuring Park Hae Jin, and three MCs, including Shin Bong Sun, will investigate the main cases from the drama and discuss the filming locations, famous scenes, and standout lines together with the viewers.

“Man To Man Detectives” will premiere on April 22, and it will air every Saturday at midnight, following the broadcast of the drama “Man To Man.” You can catch this show at the “V Drama” and “Park Hae Jin” channels on V LIVE.

Don’t miss out on these extra doses of two of Korea’s hottest actors on V LIVE!

credit : soompi news

• Like 7

@onrainydays47 Ahahahaha, I understand your concern, sometimes, I also feel my concern towards LDW feel like a protective mom towards her child. I really just want to enjoy fangirling time but after Roommate, my concern towards him got a lil deeper than my actual concern to other actress/actors since I saw him at his rough time at that time, and now we glad for finally seeing his success at Goblin. Just hope my happiness will last long!

LDW is on the air is just like another exercise for him to be a host tho'! Couldn't wait to see him this week!

Anyway since his SG FM will held this weekend, goodluck for all of you who come for his FM!

@noname111 you should bring princi come to Japan too! Idk about may condition, but in April, spring time in JP was so beautiful!

• Like 9

@biglove27 I'm looking for any ad with LDW. The human-size standing is awesome. They are having promotional event in SK, if you purchase their pizza, you'll get LDW poster below, the one I like so much!

I'm craving now, for this Handsome Namja. I can't believe this is pizza ad. It could be cosmetic or hair advertisement.

DBueYh0UIAAdNY3.jpg

LDW Oppa can really advertise anything, including HIMSELF. LOL.

DBueYh5UIAAh1Ss.jpg

Looks fun! Girl, I definitely can do better than you in posing, though it will cause everyone to stare at me.

Handsome Namja craving for Pizza. Honestly, his 'DO-NO' thing got stuck in my head already.

@giegie Japan FM is end of June. I'll be watching Hot Namja in the Hot Summer LOL. Yes, sakura viewing is very beautiful. I watched once but in Korea 2 yrs ago. Plane tickets are so expensive! People travels for sakura flower viewing, but I travel overseas for LDW Oppa, he is the flower of my life (eeeeww, pardon my cheesy words).

@onrainydays47 Nice words, if all fans are like you there'll be no need to use term 'fan-war'.

Spoiler

I bought some of Beast CDs and know only few of their facts and fictions. LOL probably only two of us understand my lame joke.

@MaysoonD Let's just navigate our disappointment towards excitement for his 'On The Air' talk show later. I'm so looking forward to this. And afterwards, we will be having his airport fashion report for his trip to SIngapore FM! Yay!

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, noname111 said:

@biglove27 I'm looking for any ad with LDW. The human-size standing is awesome. They are having promotional event in SK, if you purchase their pizza, you'll get LDW poster below, the one I like so much!

I'm craving now, for this Handsome Namja. I can't believe this is pizza ad. It could be cosmetic or hair advertisement.

LDW Oppa can advertise anything, including HIMSELF. LOL.

Looks fun! Girl, I definitely can do better than you in posing, though it will cause everyone to stare at me.

Handsome Namja craving for Pizza. Honestly, his 'DO-NO' thing got stuck in my hea Japan FM is end of June. I'll be watching Hot Namja in the Hot Summer LOL. Yes, Japan sakura viewing is very beautiful. I watched once but in Korea 2 yrs ago. Plane tickets are so expensive! People travels for sakura viewing, but I travel overseas for LDW Oppa, he is the flower of my life (eeeeww, pardon my cheesy words).

@onrainydays47 Nice words, if all fans are like you there'll be no need to use term 'fan-war'.

Reveal hidden contents

I bought some of Beast CDs and know only few of their facts and fictions. LOL probably only two of us understand my lame joke.

@MaysoonD Let's just navigate our disappointment towards excitement for his 'On The Air' talk show later. I'm so looking forward to this. And afterwards, we will be having his airport fashion report for his trip to SIngapore FM! Yay!

Hi noname, thanks for sharing the photos. Right you are - that picture doesn't look like a pizza ad - hahaha - :lol:

• Like 3

Hi Ladies, it's 9AM here at my place, I woke up early in the morning, skipped my breakfast, ran to business center at my hotel (I'm traveling these days) just to listen to "LDW's ON THE AIR". LOL. It turns out better than I expected. I'll just do a general recap. I love to recap stuffs and one day I read through it and see how many mistakes I did, bwahahahahaha. What a foolish habit. Some screencaps are mine, some credit to twitter owner. Sorry if I messed up the sequences. I was too immersed into his voice and smile LOL.

Part 1.

DBuhGuAV0AE8e86.jpg

For our Late Night Date, handsome DJ LDW wore a white-pinkish stripes color outer top, I got similar vibe to his FM outfit when he performed TT (cute, Oppa). But more romantic with boyfriend feel from him. His voice is sweeter than any I've ever heard from him (or is it just me?). He greeted us, waved to the screen and started the broadcasting session.

DBuhGuGUAAAX35w.jpg

DBuhGuAUwAMi5-n.jpg

He said some things about how he's been doing for awhile. Thanks Salon-Nim, great job! He looked as handsome as ever.

DBp0JEqVYAAelQh.jpg

DBp0JEqUwAEpL0a.jpg

DBp0JEsUMAAz0Pq.jpg

The concept is, he will read stories sent from listener, give advises and comments, and he will video call some of them. How lucky! Should I learn hangul now, like NOW? (can someone help me next month?) He played a song from "Reply" to start the session.

DBuhGuBVYAA86mD.jpg

DBuhIaWV0AArlvc.jpg 

First story, someone who got complains over food? Haha, our DJ gave professional consultation and suggested to open up and be honest. Second story, someone who lives in US (huhu not me) called parents in Korea to vote for election. And LDW said he voted every single election since he was of age, it's something about person's rights. He said next broadcast is after election, and he will tell if he made it.

DBp0WMWU0AAFHmt.jpg

DBuhIaXV0AQjxHK.jpg

DBqKAaCVYAAZGzE.jpg

DBqKAaEUIAAsvin.jpg

37yo Namja acting cutesy without effort LOL.

DBp0JEsUAAE3KaP.jpg

DBqJ4hhV0AA2lzW.jpg

Our DJ's lips and eyelashes appreciation time.

Third story, came from middle school student whose brother addicted to games. LDW said he fought a lot during his younger age (haha, would love to see this). He suggested to allow game playing when grades are good. Fourth story, someone from Seoul who cried easily. He said for acting, he controlled his crying scenes well and he had to be in character all the time. That's the end of first session and he said if you want advice, send stories to him. He played BTS "Spring Day" and showed some photos (what a handsome ninja LOL).

DBuhIaXU0AUfb_X.jpg

To be continued to Part 2.

• Like 10

Part 2.

DBuhIarVYAEBvPg.jpg

Someone asked what song is his favorite. He chose all songs himself. And he read stories from fanboard, about someone who opened restaurant but not doing well. He suggested to think positive and said not all business have great openings, think ahead and be patient. When he is in stress, he will walk around his house and think through. Someone skipped study to listen to him (I skipped breakfast, Oppa) and he suggested to go back to study like a Good Oppa.

DBuhKplUAAAtDdz.jpg

DBqKCoKUAAE2C8A.jpg

DBqKAaEUQAQ95Yc.jpg

There you go, licking your lips again.

DBqJ4hfUQAAFfWG.jpg

And you bite your lips. You know you're cute, aren't you? Adorable Oppa (and cheesy recapper here).

He read a poem and said he got a lot of emails. He read story of someone who lives in the neighborhood where LDW and YIN filmed Goblin and missed meeting him in 10 minutes. And he called her? Facetime? OMG. That's like seventh heaven! And she picked up right away, of course. What a boyfriend feel!

DBuhKoiUQAAk6CX.jpg

He jokingly asked if she saw his face as big as he saw hers. Bwahahaha, is this translation error or what? He asked which character she likes better between Goblin and GR? GR of course. Between his 3 characters? She said WY. And he had runny nose but he said he is not sick, it's because the room is cold. How cute! So adorable.

DBqO3WKUMAAzbpk.jpg

DBqO3WMU0AAwfMr.jpg

He asked some questions to the girl and engaged a pretty natural conversation. The facetime ended, he said it's fun and awkward.

DBuhKoeU0AkUBC3.jpg

Someone posted the many faces of LDW, cute! (credit to @ImChanniesWife).

DBuhKoeUIAACqD_.jpg

DBuhMzSUAAAOlPr.jpg

DBuhM0HUAAErlnR.jpg

DBqJ4hiUwAAiaSt.jpg

LDW's smiles appreciation time. Love it!

Next story, someone who failed to get ticket to his FM. And he called her as well (what a nice and caring Namja). She couldn't do video call, because she dropped her phone and broke the front camera. They talked about the ticketing and he nicely asked if talking like this helps (of course Oppa! It's even better than FM). He asked her to fix her phone haha.

DBuhMzUUAAABEOR.jpg

That's the last story and he played the last song "Mutual". He said some ending words, read poems and finally said goodbye. "The same day, the same hour, I'll be waiting for you". Me too, Oppa! See you next month! Goodbye! Annyeong Oppa! You did an amazing job, DJ LDW! Hope they will full-sub and we can re-watch again. What a great romantic hour with LDW!

DBuhM6oUwAA6Ksq.jpg

One thing I learn from him, is his all-the-time positive thinking. Also to be honest and grateful. I love it! I'm sure he experienced lots of ups and downs before, which he didn't show and probably his long-time fans still don't know. Don't worry, we will support you Oppa! Till next broadcast!

• Like 10