Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

42 minutes ago, Princi_86 said:

Sorry, guys for silence. Just returned from Korea and work is hounting me. Will add some comments to @winterdew post about FM in a while.

Our prince charming! Why he looks better and better...and better? How can he do this to me?

Love his look so much! And so glad he's keeping his social life active

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRp4F7SjwbE/?taken-by=allurekorea

Looks like High Cut likes him a lot.they have posted only his pic from Valentino event as well. Can he be on their next cover?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRp8iMzjnLd/?tagged=이동욱

As well I'm glad that now he has so called stalkers among Korean fans who'll be providing us with pics which are sometimes better then official ones.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRqBu-Khd2E/?taken-by=day_issue

UPD: idk why Instagram posts are inserted only as links in post...

looks like model in catwalk B)

C69kthMVoAAj8T-.jpg

he looks so cool ^_^

@Changsky yea haha 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRpp99HAjft/?tagged=yooinna

• Like 12

@Princi_86 @joyezz Hi there! Exactly what I'm thinking. This Mr. Handsome Almighty (OMG how cheesy I am bcos of this Oppa, sorry), I think he becomes 1,000,000x more handsome than he was in the 1st episode of Goblin when I started pay attention to him. His body language, his confidence, the way he walk, lalala lilili, all become sooooooo attractive and pleasant to watch. 

He is one multi-talented guy. From Actor LDW, Endorser LDW, Model LDW, Catwalk LDW, Emcee LDW, Entertainer LDW, Nation-Samchoen LDW, and now Fashionista LDW. Did I miss anything? Ah, he is forever our Oppa LDW. 

And I haven't even finish enjoying all the fan-videos of his Seoul FM, tomorrow comes his short Onstyle drama, and we get this smexy chic LDW in Burberry. Is this Grim Reaper 2.0? What a great mid-week! 

Ladies, be prepared for Mr. Handsome in High Definition (bwahahahaha). He surely is handsome in every angle. 

154915_199022_4057.jpg

154936_199051_2457.jpg

154913_199020_4014.jpg

(hey you tree branch, how dare you block our Handsome Namja in HD)

154914_199021_4039.jpg

154935_199052_2522.jpg

154937_199050_2433.jpg

154934_199053_2552.jpg

기사의 0번째 이미지

Heaven in spoiler below. 

Spoiler

76817_70085_5835.jpg

76819_70086_5945.jpg

76820_70088_127.jpg

76819_70087_07.jpg

기사의 1번째 이미지

C69nMU4U0AAGl4u.jpg

@missbuttercup @world_peace Glad that you like my gif. Yeah I find it as new hobby to make my own video and gif of him. I feel soooo happy while working on it. Cropping his face, enjoying his zoomed-in skin complexion, hoho if there is any company that will hire me to do this as a job, I'll immediately volunteer for a permanent staff. I just finished his Bubblegum and about to start making gif from that, but now the Burberry aaaaahhh....

• Like 18

Thanks guys for the lovely pics. I found some more here https://twitter.com/actor_wookie?lang=en

I really hope he looks like that in his next drama. It will sure do well if he looks so handsome like a prince. To me that would be a great vampire look/seduct the ladies look.

Actually, I am worried what he will do for his next drama. I know he wants to be a detective but I feel like a lot of new dramas soon to come out this year will have this kind of theme. So it may be hard to stand out. I feel like he should pick the good script instead of be fixed on a certain role as it worked out for him when he picked Goblin from the script. Also, he has got to pick a popular role, one that keeps this popularity going or even more so. I am not sure if the so called popular role may be not the contrasting acting role he is looking for and he may turn them down. Can he pick this so called popular role before he tries to challenge himself as an actor so he can keep his popularity going?

Anyways, I was so impressed with his fan meeting. There are some small things that I noticed.

1)He said he had writers from roommate and strong heart help him but throughout the whole thing, he didn't even read off any cards, and the feeling was more like a conversation with the fans. Honestly, I think a lot of so called popular Korean actors could not pull this off without cards to read off of, but Wookie can as he is a great MC and interesting, smart guy who can think on his feet.

2) He was able to show his uniqueness especially with the LDW talk show, MCing and getting so close to fans. I think the way he entered the room, MCed and did the talk show is a unique thing for fan meetings and is really creative.

3) He is so humble. He was not afraid to say it was only his second fan meeting after 6 years and also he was afraid it may not be sold out so he picked a smaller venue. He is not afraid to admit he was in a slump too.

4) You could really feel his sincerity. Although he prepared food for his fans, he only had a bite to eat himself (prob worried about showing his abs). Also, he chose to MC so he could spend more time with his fans. You can tell a big reason he was non stop working and working so hard, non stop talking and doing everything he can to please the crowd to thank his longterm fans who he really appreciates a lot.

As for his ideal type, someone had asked this here. From my views on his interviews, it seems he does not believe in love at first sight, and would prefer to know the girl as a friend first and know her personality before he carefully advances. And he prefers to have a longer relationship like 2-3 years so he is not a player. I think this would make it hard for him to find a gf because he would need time to really get to know her first and some opportunities may be missed, but it also shows he may be more into internal rather than external qualities in woman.

Anyways sorry for the long post, got a bit carried away.

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, noname111 said:

@Princi_86 @joyezz Hi there! Exactly what I'm thinking. This Mr. Handsome Almighty (OMG how cheesy I am bcos of this Oppa, sorry), I think he becomes 1,000,000x more handsome than he was in the 1st episode of Goblin when I started pay attention to him. His body language, his confidence, the way he walk, lalala lilili, all become sooooooo attractive and pleasant to watch. 

He is one multi-talented guy. From Actor LDW, Endorser LDW, Model LDW, Catwalk LDW, Emcee LDW, Entertainer LDW, Nation-Samchoen LDW, and now Fashionista LDW. Did I miss anything? Ah, he is forever our Oppa LDW. 

And I haven't even finish enjoying all the fan-videos of his Seoul FM, tomorrow comes his short Onstyle drama, and we get this smexy chic LDW in Burberry. Is this Grim Reaper 2.0? What a great mid-week! 

Ladies, be prepared for Mr. Handsome in High Definition (bwahahahaha). He surely is handsome in every angle. 

154915_199022_4057.jpg

110533_155564_251.jpg

154936_199051_2457.jpg

154913_199020_4014.jpg

(hey you tree branch, how dare you block our Handsome Namja in HD)

기사의 0번째 이미지

Heaven in spoiler below. 

Reveal hidden contents

76817_70085_5835.jpg

76819_70086_5945.jpg

76820_70088_127.jpg

76819_70087_07.jpg

154914_199021_4039.jpg

기사의 1번째 이미지

110535_155566_251.jpg

C69nMU4U0AAGl4u.jpg

154935_199052_2522.jpg

154937_199050_2433.jpg

154934_199053_2552.jpg

@missbuttercup @world_peace Glad that you like my gif. Yeah I find it as new hobby to make my own video and gif of him. I feel soooo happy while working on it. Cropping his face, enjoying his zoomed-in skin complexion, hoho if there is any company that will hire me to do this as a job, I'll immediately volunteer for a permanent staff. I just finished his Bubblegum and about to start making gif from that, but now the Burberry aaaaahhh....

love your gif :wub:

he has that kind of face that become more handsome the more you look at him 

at first he just handsome 

now he is super handsome haha

I want to cut off those tree branches :D

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, Puppywookie said:

Thanks guys for the lovely pics. I found some more here https://twitter.com/actor_wookie?lang=en

I really hope he looks like that in his next drama. It will sure do well if he looks so handsome like a prince. To me that would be a great vampire look/seduct the ladies look.

Actually, I am worried what he will do for his next drama. I know he wants to be a detective but I feel like a lot of new dramas soon to come out this year will have this kind of theme. So it may be hard to stand out. I feel like he should pick the good script instead of be fixed on a certain role as it worked out for him when he picked Goblin from the script. Also, he has got to pick a popular role, one that keeps this popularity going or even more so. I am not sure if the so called popular role may be not the contrasting acting role he is looking for and he may turn them down. Can he pick this so called popular role before he tries to challenge himself as an actor so he can keep his popularity going?

Anyways, I was so impressed with his fan meeting. There are some small things that I noticed.

1)He said he had writers from roommate and strong heart help him but throughout the whole thing, he didn't even read off any cards, and the feeling was more like a conversation with the fans. Honestly, I think a lot of so called popular Korean actors could not pull this off without cards to read off of, but Wookie can as he is a great MC and interesting, smart guy who can think on his feet.

2) He was able to show his uniqueness especially with the LDW talk show, MCing and getting so close to fans. I think the way he entered the room, MCed and did the talk show is a unique thing for fan meetings and is really creative.

3) He is so humble. He was not afraid to say it was only his second fan meeting after 6 years and also he was afraid it may not be sold out so he picked a smaller venue. He is not afraid to admit he was in a slump too.

4) You could really feel his sincerity. Although he prepared food for his fans, he only had a bite to eat himself (prob worried about showing his abs). Also, he chose to MC so he could spend more time with his fans. You can tell a big reason he was non stop working and working so hard, non stop talking and doing everything he can to please the crowd to thank his longterm fans who he really appreciates a lot.

As for his ideal type, someone had asked this here. From my views on his interviews, it seems he does not believe in love at first sight, and would prefer to know the girl as a friend first and know her personality before he carefully advances. And he prefers to have a longer relationship like 2-3 years so he is not a player. I think this would make it hard for him to find a gf because he would need time to really get to know her first and some opportunities may be missed, but it also shows he may be more into internal rather than external qualities in woman.

Anyways sorry for the long post, got a bit carried away.

I don't mind long post about Wookie :D

I agree with you

he didn't choose popular roles after the success of MG and SOAW

his follow up drama after MG was LDV :o (after 3 years break from drama)

he likes unconventional roles

that's one of the thing we admire about him

but this time he has to play it safe first 

• Like 10

@Puppywookie oh yes ,I totally agree with you .I am so worried about his next project .I don't want him to challenge the actor inside and as @joyezz said play it safe this time my Wookie .I want him to pick not only the character but also the scriptwriter ,director and his female co-star .

Regarding his pics ,this man is beyond perfection, statute alive indeed  .But eat more my dear 

• Like 11

Hi Joyezz,

Haha thanks! Glad you like the post. =)

Hopefully, he will read our comments here before he carefully decides. Actually, a spy role might not be bad. My friend said, the Night Manager is really really good, it is a UK tv series with Tom Hiddleston that he works undercover as a hotel manager but he is really like a James Bond type. Or IRIS 3 might be good too. But the script, plot or idea has got to be catchy!

• Like 10

@Princi_86 glad you're back and we'll patiently wait for your FM report. Is it the 3rd time you met him right? I hope 3rd is a charm!!!

Thanks for the newest pics, loveeee him in a black over-sized coat and damn, I'm green with envy with his great skin. LOL

Regarding the next role, I think we need to cross any vampire/myth characters bcos he wanted to play the real character for the next project. Damn, I still want him as a vampire, I just hope he would change his mind. About his interest to play detective/investigator, Kdrama now is more creative too, I remember that I enjoyed watching Squad 38 bcos the script and the casting were great. I hope LDW could choose a script like that -with the good scriptwriter and an A-list actress too-

@Puppywookie OMOOO.... The Night Manager was good! Hiddleston got an award for his acting at this miniserie but rather than imagine him played character like that, when LDW said he want to play as investigator, I screamed that he should choose a script like a True Detective season 1 and he play the similar role like McConaughey did. TD season 1 was so great and it also consist of two detective, so maybe he and GY could teamed up again, LOL.

• Like 9

@noname111 @joyezz hahahahaha, I also want to cut the tree branch. How come the reporter took photo from the angle of tree branch :D Is he/she that eager to take pic of our precious Wookie? For me he is already super handsome since beginning, now super duper handsome LOL.

@giegie @Puppywookie yay, Wookie and GY can team up again playing detective duo or cop duo ala American style TV. Korean Starsky and Hutch? Holmes and Watson?  :D LOL just joking. But it will be great.

• Like 7

@fikachuuu welcome here! Have seen your posts in Goblin topic ^^ You're still hesitating if to go for SG fm? Really? After all those vids and pics? Don't hesitate, chingu! Just do it! I'm from ****** Europe and I will try to make SG fm as well. At least -5-7 of us here will go there so you will not be alone. He's so freaking charming. We all should try and get front row tix. lol

btw I was thinking about his possible collaboration with LJK in Criminal Minds aswell, but now I don't want it cos it seems that htere will be major changes and female lead who'll have love line with LJK. I don't want love triangle. 

• Like 7

Thanks for the welcomes all. ^^  Hmm..I guess I agree that while it's important to challenge different roles maintaining his popularity is important as well. Honestly, I thought it was kind of smart of him to have chosen Dokkaebi as his project since he was not only able to play a a main role as agrim reaper (which became popular) but he was also able to try different roles as well(even though its only for a short period of time).@Puppywookie I wasn't aware of the different detective drama roles that are coming out recently since I don't closely follow kdrama news. But I think it's ok for him to choose a detective role as long as it's a unique one? Haha. Or he could try play a criminal/other interesting character for only an episode of criminal minds (or other detective story) but pick a popular role for his main project. I think that way he can maintain his popularity while challenging a different role as well. (I don't know if that's possible but just merely suggesting here) Then again, playing a popular role does not mean that it will be popular since the writing and direction of the project also contributes to a project's appeal to the audience. So I agree that picking out from a good script is important.

@Princi_86Oh hi there again from the goblin thread ^^. After watching the SG fM msg that @noname111 posted, my concern over the price has wavered a little. It's like he's beckoning me to come to the FM haha. I've talked to my sis again and she said she would go if I were to pay for her tix and I agreed lol but I'd really love to meet you guys if given the opportunity^^ (I'm pretty sure after this my bank acct would be weeping but surely me heart will be fully satisfied? Haha). About the criminal minds thing not aware of the changes. I'm not a big fan of love triangles too but wouldn't mind if he played a small but good role in it then (preferably one that does not take too much time from taking on other roles maybe like a criminal or smt). It'd be nice to see him in movies too.

• Like 4

Hi Fikachuuu,

The detective/prosecutor ones I know about are Criminal minds, I think Li Jun Ki was offered and While you were sleeping, Lee Jong Suk is confirmed with Suzy and is a prosecutor, already 2 hot actors in this genre. 

I guess for me as his fan since Hotel King his sudden popularity lately is really cool, you can tell he is really happy and people love him, but in Korea popularity could be short lived as mass fans are not as loyal. So since he made this really smart move with Goblin, which did miracles for him, sometimes I worry how long this wave of miracle/popularity is going to last, especially he is already 35/37, pretty much this is his golden time before he reaches 40, I don't want him to fall into a slump again before that, just because he makes a so called mistake in challenging role picking like he did in blade man (kneitizens didn't like that choice at all)  that is my only concern that he will pick his next project carefully and use the same smartness and instinct he did in picking the grim reaper role.

I personally think he would be a very good vampire, it could keep the grim reaper vibe going and he could keep this mysterious cool thing going, wear long black capes etc which really works for him. Something like brad pitt in Interview with a Vampire would be perfect, but we all know he is definitely not going to pick fantasy genre again. Also to play it safe needs a popular female lead. 

• Like 10

Hello everyone, 

I am new here as you can see ^_^ I have been a fan since long ago I watched scent of a woman when it was still airing and fell in love with lee dong wook acting and followed him afterwards in wild romance, joeseon fugitive, hotel king, etc. then recently I watched bubblegum and goblin and enjoyed his acting in them haha I wasn't sure about goblin at first loll I normally don't go for fantasy unless it is reallyyy interesting but it was sooo interesting I couldn't wait for it to end then i was left wanting more in the end. I don't have a Fav character though but I like how different all his characters are ... it is hard to find an actor with such a wide range of characters these days. 

I just watched the broadcast from the fan-meeting lol wish I was there it looked like fun... he is a very good MC

• Like 9

Appreciate @winterdew's meeting report. Really thanks. I can't watch him during V-live, luckily they posted the video later. He looks good and lovely. Can't believe he is already in mid30s. Thanks @noname111 for LDW's Burberry Event HD pictures. He still has that GR's vibe on his wardrobe style. I am loving it.. Yeayy, new endorsement for LDW. Thanks @biglove27. Thanks @MaysoonD too for the gifs and navertv link for LDW's part onstyle minidrama. Make me missing him more in romantic drama.:)

Missing him with daebak also. Yes LDW, you are the best! This is nothing new, just an old video of TROS. 

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Muhammad Amber said:

anyone,where can i watch lee dong wook's fanmeeting eng sub?

The v.live broadcast is fully subbed on V.live just write lee dong wook on the website and check the fanmeeting video, but it is not the full fan-meeting you won't be able to find the rest anywhere just bits and pieces on instagram and so on. 

• Like 8

@NouraNasser welcome to our thread full of love, passion and sometimes addiction to Wookie :D It's quite rare now to meet his fan who has fallen for him in Scent of a woman so it's glad you're the one. Have you watched his varieties? he's great MC indeed. 

@Muhammad Amber here you are: http://www.vlive.tv/video/24659?channelCode=E47357

@miecha me too I wish he'll visit Deabakie and sisters again. Hopefully Wookie will change his mind to visit them off cams only.

We need him in variaties before he'll come back with drama.

I was hoping he'll do another magazine pictorial in April as well, but it looks like I want too much. Gladly there is chance for Prizza Alvolo CF in April. I hope before his Singapore fm he'll appear somewhere else. We need our dose. :wub::ph34r:

• Like 11