Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Aww. This thread is moving like a crazy. 

@ilmare I was confused as well with your nick and thought that you're @st4rdust but then I remembered that you have posted in Goblin's thread, right? Anyway welcome here. I have no idea what's on your avatar but I love it, it's so cute. What kind of dramas do you usually like? Maybe we as LDW dramas guru can suggest you taking into account your taste.

@siddy09 chingu, the MV is awesome! I love the song and coloring! If WangSun got skinship scene/scenes earlier I believe there will be hundreds vids of them since their chemistry is much more powerful then main's couple and after their kiss I see people who loved main couple are posting arts and vids telling that they're sold to the secondary couple after all . Btw, what do you mean under cheating? that we're cheating here with discussing WangSun here and not in shippers paradise? Actually I don't care where to discuss unless it's total off-topic. I value atmosphere. If we can get friendly chat and even arguing here then I'm ok, if we can do it in Goblin's thread I'm ok as well (but unfortunatelly that thread has dissapointed me). Here we can discuss WangSun as a part of Wookie's drama. If to take shippers paradise I'm not sure that there is sence to create thread for them since it's only 3 eps left and I'm not sure that they will have much shippers after drama will end since like @giegie said we have just few bts of them and they seem really friendly and trasing each other but I don't feel that they'll have developement as off-screen couple. They had too lack of screen time to show that bts fan service skinship that LDW had with LDH during their 32(!!) eps drama to make shippers of on-screen couple to become shippers of off-screen couple. For me I find all those bts really cute but I know that all of them is fan service. If I was shipper type then I would rather pay attention on LDW/KGE bts and fancam on which shippers type people can see much more then in LDW/YIN bts. Apparently KGE likes LDW a lot. As for Wookie he's just like this with his co-stars: very friendly and open for skinship and teasing. 

@longleg aaa! Mongolia! Wow! I have forgotten. So is it really the coldest country? And you speaks Russian? Очень приятно встретить русскоговорящую поклонницу Донука на этом форуме! Класс!

• Like 8

@giegie I got tickets to the Saturday show (it was annoying that the second batch of tix released ended up being for the Friday show, haha). Thanks chingu, I'm excited as it'll be my first time seeing them! Yes, if we can, we should do a little event on our own. It'd be fun :) 

@longleg Hopefully Wookie's fanmeet date will be around the same time as Coldplay's concert and you can attend both events! Thanks for the tip on viagogo. Haven't tried it but I'm sure it'll come in handy for future events! 

@MaysoonD @longleg Agree that he is the sexiest king in all of K-drama history. I don't normally like sageuk dramas because the kings/princes in them usually look quite feminine, but wow, Wookie is so different in that he oozes so much manliness and sexiness as the king that it makes me wish he'd do a sageuk drama for his next project. Do you guys think he deliberately tried to look sexy while acting as the King? :D I'm just amused because he's supposed to be brooding and sad but so many people (me included) are commenting about how hot or sexy he looks while at it. Hahaha.

• Like 8

Girrls hello I am new here but been lurking before ahahah I just wanted join you guys because of that spoiler!!! i am going crazy i am so excited!!! but i feel like it is for the last episode since they are filming it today so it kinda makes me sad but stil!!! i am so happy :bawling:

I am going to do backreading now so I don't know what you guys have talked about yet but I saw someone talking about a WangSun topic I have been thinking about it too, since the main couple has their own page, should we also? But I think Yoo Inna doesn't have much fans here so it would be harder to keep the page active after drama ends. What do you think?

I am so exciteddddddddd this is me right now

dHviNwv.jpg

• Like 11

@giegie Knetizens are always make me frustrated but i think we may get along hopefully for good

For three years i used to think Wookie is mine ,maybe share him with @Princi_86:grin::grin: but now he has new fans and he belongs to many many fans , i am jealous but i am sooooooooo happy for him and wish him all the success but i want to see him THE FIRST and always THE FIRST:heart::heart:

Image result for lee dong wook goblin

• Like 11

@gamshe I don't think that this hug will be in episode 16, since ep 16 seems to be the future in 10 years. Or even episode 15. I don't think KES will bring WangSun together only in last episode. If to look on her couples pattern KES tries to bring secondary couple together few episodes before finale and give fans some lovely dovely moments in last episodes...with some obstacles ofc. My bet is that this scene will be either at the end of ep14 or first half of episode 15. I prefer ep14, which will give us at least one day to be happy before finale. If KES will not give justice to WangSun she's totally insane. One of the best kissers in kdramas are LDW and YIN. Even without skinship their chemistry is explodive. KES should have given them steamy scenes long ago and ratings would be even higher then now. haha. As to shipper's thread honestly I'm not shipper type even though I love YIN and for sure will be waiting for her next drama, but I'm not delulu at all to investigate couple's items or who was in the same country during the same week. And to discuss WangSun there I thinks it's quite late already for creating shippers thread :( I swear I will follow it's updates if it will be and even can take part in some discussions but not like constant hardcore shipper. 

@MaysoonD Rise, Wookie, rise! I'm really proud of him. He has managed to steal knets attention as an actor the most after epic episode 13 finale. That means something :phew: 

• Like 9

@Princi_86 lmao I am not the delulu type either but I tend to ship the actors too ahaha that also happened to me after My Girl and Hotel King, I was so shipping Wookie with Lee Da Hae ahaha I wonder what you guys think about that ship? Since I am very new here I don't know much. And about skinship, I knowwwww I was going crazy after that poster release but it was the opposite of it in the actual drama ahahha *cries* and that hug looks so tight i might cry when i see the scene. :tears: And I imagine they would play the I Miss You ost or even better maybe a new ost???? I would be dead.

Edited by gamshe
i was so excited that forgot to complete my sentence ahaha
  • Like 9

@Princi_86 @gamshe  @giegieTBH, I am really new to soompi so I don't know what happens in shipper's paradise..I just thought that it might be nice to have a separate thread for WangSun..to you know show their popularity. But I guess you guys are right, we don't know if the thread will remain alive after the show ends or not. It's okay, I love this place more. Goblin thread is pathetic. I mean if you one of those who literally skip the scenes of Canada couple, then that thread will go over your head. :crazy:

About Happy or Sad ending..lols...my preference is a happy one but seeing the pain of WangSun, I am now more inclining towards a bittersweet one. Lets see. But I want a good kiss atleast if not skinship. To our bad luck KES will not give us a shirtless Grim Reaper..sigh.:(

• Like 11

@siddy09 yeah it is flowing with the main couple shippers :(((( that's why i wanted to join the conversation here since i can really feel that i am talking with people who share my excitement :rolleyes:

After that spoiler pic I am suddenly hopeful for a happy ending but I hope KES doesn't give us that and then seperate our couple...I am in Seoul now I would freaking find her house, break in and delete all of her WangSun writings in her computer lmao one can only dream

and yes for skinship i agree with @Princi_86 there is a possibility for cute scenes so I am hoping we can see lots of scenes with it. Have you guys seen Queen In Hyun's Man? The cute scenes and skinship were amazing there, ahhh how amazing it would be if a whole episode was full of cute WangSun scenes :wub: I still watch that cafe scene sometimes, where GR said ''I like you,''  :wub::wub:

• Like 10

ANNYEONG CHINGGUS!! 

tumblr_nrmgcnSyvR1tvtd3lo1_500.gif

How are you all?! Wow! We got a lot of new members here. @gamshe, @leea84, @longleg, @ilmare, @st4rdust, @katakwasabi, @paolaadl, WELCOME TO THE THREAD WHERE YOU 'LL FEEL NOTHING BUT LOVE. Yes, I exaggerated it. :sweat_smile: Anyways, it's good that LDW is gaining more fans from around the world. Enjoy your stay here and feel free to call us if you need anything. *whut?* HAHA!

Anyways! Guys! This was me right after watching LDV...

tumblr_ojumdyETYL1vlavlqo1_500.gif 

Yes. It was one of those melodramas with so heavy and thick plots. It woke up the 'writer- soul' in me, but then, I decided not to write my POV because in the first place, I don't know where to write it. :joy:

Spoiler

I just couldn't accept the fact that LDW's character CHOSE to kill himself there, when in fact, every life, no matter how grave your sin(s) was (were), is given a chance to be redeemed. I guess, this was one of the reasons why he became the GR. :joy:

OTW to his other projects (if time permits). :grin:

@giegie, @lucifercorner, Thank you guys! I'm sorry I wasn't able to say my gratitude sooner. I was busy with LDV and looking for a job nowadays. You know, I need to have money for me and LDW to live. :blush: Just kidding. Please don't hurt me. Kekeke... 

tumblr_ojp4w67odH1qfcx4to1_250.gif

@Princi_86, wow! That food truck from fans! DAEBAK! Soon, that will be bigger! YEY! 

It's good to read different (not so different :lol: ) POV's here about LDW and his current project. I have to agree that GR/ WangSun screen time is too oppressed compared to the main lead. But there is one thing that makes this a bright side: every screen time of GR/ WangSun couple is like a firework you've been waiting on a New Year's Eve. You greatly anticipate for it. You are excited for it to happen; and when it happens, you are always left either stunned or will anticipate for more.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but when it comes to the main lead, when its their time on the screen, its like, we already know what will happen, we are not expecting too much already (but still, it makes an impact). We still expect though, but there is not much complexity to the main lead now. Compared to WangSun, especially GR, we have lots of questions like, "What will happen to WY since he is a Grim Reaper?" "Will he become human? Ottoke?" "What will happen to them, how did that happen?" etc.. 

Omaygash. I can't explain myself clearly. :cry:

Ok. Back to LDW. I have to be honest that I ignored LDW back then. I just noticed that he is tall and handsome, especially when he appeared in RM for the first time. I began being intrigued by him when he guessed there that second time and was paired up with my girl crush, SJH. They were sweet and oh- so good looking. I began searching for him (of course, images were prioritized :joy:). I then had a crush on him already. Time didn't let me continue my fangirling over him because at that time, I had so many things to do in and outside the school. So, he vanished inside my head for a while. And then, before my review for my licensure examination,  I read this news about an upcoming series: Goblin. And to my surprise, LDW was there, YSJ was there, and GY was there! All my crushes in one serious series! DAEBAK. So, what I did was I focused on my review, passed the examination, and finally, had the time to relax. By that time, Goblin wasn't airing yet, so I managed to watch other KDramas. Then when it was already airing, I managed to focus on LDW past projects. :love::heart: 

Anyways again, :grin:, @winterdew, I'm from Philippines. I really hope that one day, we can all get together, and our surprise host will be LDW. I guess I'll faint when that happens. :sweat_smile:

• Like 13

@puuuumash hi!! :rolleyes: thank you for welcoming ^^ I am actually a fan since Hotel King. There was a scene where Wookie cried so beautifully (i sadly don't remember which episode) and watching that scene I felt I fell hard for him ahaha. :wub: But yeah I am a new fan here. 

gS7T6tK.png

I love your fireworks metaphor. That is how I exactly feel. :tears: I agree that GR as a character is so complex and offers so much to tell. If this was in America he would get a spin-off haha.

And good luck with your job troubles!:tears:

• Like 12

@Princi_86, yes you invited me to this thread! Congrats on the food truck project! 

i am more into medical and mystery drama, recently faves Signal, Memory and Oh My Geum Bi. of cos Reply series. Saeguk dramas for their beautiful hanboks.

@puuuumash love your description of our WY-Sunny moments! so so true. an impact just like how WY/GR was introduced in ep1!

i feel that WY/GR character has a better character development and his story is more complex. esp now with WY being "dead" while Sunny is alive, it will be interesting how their happy ending will be like/told.

• Like 11

Why I'm always loosing text while typing after refreshing page :tears:

@gamshe btw where are you from? Not from Asia since you're awake hehe. Regarding your question about Hotel King ship. As I said before I'm not delulu or shipper. While watching I was in love with the couple. It's my first and last such long Korean drama with such numerous romantic scenes. But after some time after finishing I has moved to another drama and another love story, then one more. I mean, I love Wookie's chemistry with almost all co-stars. It's just in HK there were so many skinship, kisses, romantic and angst moments, even bed scene!!! Ofc their chemistry is awesome hehe. But knowing YIN from Queen In-Hyun Man (yes, I love this drama) and seeing their poster, bts, and then those scenes in cafe when everything was magic around WangSun I believe that they would have killer chemistry if they had more romantic and skinship scenes. So sad that they're secondary couple with no chances to have proper developement and screen time. I really craving for spin off or for another drama where best kissers from dramaland will be main couple. oh.

As to that scene on the bridge. I have thought...that they look like they have been running into each others arms. It can mean that they haven't seen each other for a while...10 years? Oh no. Or...hopefully it can be that WY has been punished or he has been dealing with life and death and was in danger and she was waiting for any news...and then they have met on their bridge. I hope for second and that it will be in episode 14. Please, KES give us some skinship and at least 2 good kisses :tears: We need to have at least smth to survive till another projects.

• Like 9

@puuuumash @ilmare thanksfor your warm words! we have been trying to do our best to make in happen huh.

@puuuumash I love your description of WangSun. Actually even though I can complain I'm still happy that they have such sort of story. I could never be able to fall for love story like main leads have. On the other hand WangSun with their limited screen time give me all the feelz which I need to fall for couple's romantic and tragic story. The only thing which I'm still complain is lack of skinship and kisses lol. 

As to LDV have you already finished it? But have you appreciated LDW's acting in it? I can't remember how many times I have cried. Actually his (LDV character's) story reminds me a bit of WY's that'smaybe why I'm so impressed with GR/WY and LDW in it. It has depth, it has inner conflict, it has personal disorder, it has sins, it has innocence. Both characters are controversial and multi layered. And I can understand their suicides even though I still blame them for doing that. 

My wish. I want Wookie to play some sort of character Ji Sung has played in KLHM, but smth new an fresh lol.

@ilmare I have invited you? Haha. Then I did the right thing lol. Oh you have good taste. Besides Reply (which I haven't tried to watch since I didn't like 2nd one) all my faves. Wookie is lacking of medical or mystery dramas. The only mystery drama is "Blade man". I love this drama for his acting but the plot is too controversy. Maybe you can try "Wild Romance". It has a bit of detective, romance and comedy in it. And this drama is really fun to watch. 

@leea84 @shamelessmiss welcome here, gals! hope you'll stay here with us and will share our love to Wookie 

:phew:

@giegie so you think that to film YOF takes 3 weeks? Of I'm not sure that it will happen cos YSJ has his group activities, as for GY I have read that he's not into variety and that Running Man was a big challange for him. And I don't think Wookie will go there along or even with hoobae GR...or PJW lol. Can he be added to Three Meals a Day cast? 

@st4rdust I understand your message and point of view in your post and I know that there might be sence in it. But what I have seen and I have felt from all those scenes of KS being all that mad on WY that he has tried to show WY how miserable and foolish he was, how low person he was and that he was the only one who is responsible for KS, KS and his own death. This message I have read from GY's acting. I have tried to watch again and to be more calm and open minded. Yet again same. All I can see that KS has made WY think that it's all his own fault. And with telling that WY has been loved it was some sort of message for me "You are even worse and foolish since you have killed people who loved you". I don't know KS's real motives of this words. Maybe you're right and he was trying just to tell WY that he was loved and not causing him even more pain. But I haven't felt it. I have seen that he was trying to make WY realise that he's even more miserable then he thought. Same at the ending. I can't understand KS's joke about fullfilling King's order. Instead of forgiven him and asking to look after ET he's joking that way? Yes, maybe KS has forgiven him and yes, I know that he hasn't kicked WY from the house and it means a lot. But you know...people are usually underestimate the meaning and value of the words. Words can hurt even more then knife. But wodrs can heal even more then any medecine. And what I have felt that WY has been tortured by KS's words much more then he has been tortured in hell for 600 years. And honestly Idk how he'll be able to forgive himself after that. :( Believe me Iwant to be wrong but I have just talked to my real life friends who're watching drama and are really neutral and they're not fans at all and they have been complaining on the bromance scenes as well making suggestions that KES will finish it the same as in Heirs when both guys will remain nor enemies not friends. I don't want it to happen and I believe in KES but to believe again in bromance I want KS to accept in front of WY that it's not only WY's fault but his and WY's brother's as well. Otherwise WY will believe that he's the only one who's guilty and he will not forgive himself. I hope you don't think that I'm KS hater. That's not true :lol: It's just the way I feel that situation and how WY has accepted all those words. 

• Like 10

I watched episode 13 again and, God, those scenes as WY.... I'm so proud of his performance, I want to cry! When it cut back to GR... is so shocking. Hard to believe that they are the same person. It's mind blowing.

1 hour ago, Princi_86 said:

Why I'm always loosing text while typing after refreshing page :tears:

@gamshe btw where are you from? Not from Asia since you're awake hehe. Regarding your question about Hotel King ship. As I said before I'm not delulu or shipper. While watching I was in love with the couple. It's my first and last such long Korean drama with such numerous romantic scenes. But after some time after finishing I has moved to another drama and another love story, then one more. I mean, I love Wookie's chemistry with almost all co-stars. It's just in HK there were so many skinship, kisses, romantic and angst moments, even bed scene!!! Ofc their chemistry is awesome hehe. But knowing YIN from Queen In-Hyun Man (yes, I love this drama) and seeing their poster, bts, and then those scenes in cafe when everything was magic around WangSun I believe that they would have killer chemistry if they had more romantic and skinship scenes. So sad that they're secondary couple with no chances to have proper developement and screen time. I really craving for spin off or for another drama where best kissers from dramaland will be main couple. oh.

As to that scene on the bridge. I have thought...that they look like they have been running into each others arms. It can mean that they haven't seen each other for a while...10 years? Oh no. Or...hopefully it can be that WY has been punished or he has been dealing with life and death and was in danger and she was waiting for any news...and then they have met on their bridge. I hope for second and that it will be in episode 14. Please, KES give us some skinship and at least 2 good kisses :tears: We need to have at least smth to survive till another projects.

OMG I would die of love seeing that! <3

I'm from Brazil, btw

• Like 10

@puuuumash thank you for welcoming me lol I have been watching Goblin but not been active in soompi...  After LDW's performance these past few eps I need a place to spazz lol thank you for having me :wub: 

I have seen some of his previous works like My Girl, Scent of a woman, Fugitive of joseon... But this role, even though it's a 'second lead', is all I can focus on, and feel glad that he managed to have a break through with this character! 

*waves to @ilmare *you are here! We missed you :lol:

Now I just need to sort my feelings lol is this giddy feeling what I feel for the GR or LDW lol he is so cute on RM and Tros ...  I will try to watch Room mates soon... 

Also many thanks to the ladies who liked the posts, I'm preparing the GR sunny one...  Which is going to make things difficult... Can I type through tears? TT have a happy week ahead! 

• Like 11

@Princi_86 I am from Turkey but I stay in Korea right now haha my sleep schedule is a bit messed up thats why i was awake :rolleyes:

Sunny has a big bag in that scene so I am guessing it is for Euntak? God i hope it is not after 10 years i can't bear the pain if i know they lived another 10 years apart :''''(((((((( if they run to eachother i am dead ahahhaa (btw where are you from ^^?)

I am actually a very fresh(?) fan since all I watched by him is My Girl and Hotel King, I dropped Bubblegum but will pick it up again after Goblin ends, do you guys have your favorites? maybe i should start another drama of wookie?

@st4rdust hello fellow suntaek shipper! ^^

• Like 11

Hello to you. @gamshe, @leea84, @longleg, @ilmare, @st4rdust, @katakwasabi, @paolaadl,  And if I miss anyone, that is not my intention to do so! I'm often MIA from this thread, because the other thread runs too fast and I feel like I have to catch up like an exhausted marathoner... so I mostly hang out over there.See my weird logic? :D:crazy:

@Princi_86  I missed the food truck event! Congratulations, you guys! A bit sad that Wookie is too busy with filming. I hope he's happy about the results. Also, I posted something "over there" which explains Wang Yeo's background, if you're interested. Although I can't say he was 100 per cent innocent, sadly.

@giegie Please let me know if you meet Wookie, dear. Send my love and regards from our country.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 11

I know that @gamshe  @winterdew and others had explained so much about Wang Yeo's background. But even after my wordy post, I'd still like to add my two cents.

A. SNAPPING OUT OF NEGATIVE THOUGHTS?

In my personal battle against depression, I found it difficult to realize the blessings in my life. Even though I know that suicide isn't a solution, I understand why people kill themselves in despair, especially if they run out of mental support. (sorry, @puuuumash , for disagreeing with you).

EDIT: In my case, I stopped myself from committing suicide because I knew that my son needs me. But Wang Yeo had nothing and no one (or so he thought---again, he was too depressed to ever deliberate).

I think the people who expected Goryeo!Wang Yeo and Present Day!Wang Yeo  to just "snap out of his dark mindset" have to see that it's really REALLY difficult, and for some,  impossible. As a malleable and trusting child, Wang Yeo lived under the misleading guidance of Park Joong-hun, until all that was left of him was only the shell of a human being.

Park Joong-hun had effectively incapacitated Goryeo!Wang Yeo, but we all know that once all of his baleful influences were stripped, the king himself was a decent man. This is who our Present Day!Wang Yeo is.

B. THE BENEFITS OF THE REAPING JOB

I used to think that the Reaping job is demeaning and dehumanizing, but now I think this job has done Present Day!Wang Yeo more good than harm--aside from the bonus that is supernatural powers:

a. It instills him with confidence. There is no way that Goryeo!Wang Yeo could shout "PARK JOONG-HUN!" like Present Day!Wang Yeo at the end of Ep 13.

b. It allows him to mingle with co-workers. In Goryeo, his interactions were shadowed by Park Joong-hun.

c. It inculcates a sense of duty, while in Goryeo his reign was practically Park Joong-hun's (so he couldn't and hadn't practiced being a good leader at all).

d. It provides him with a chance and a responsibility to nurture, because of the sunbae-hoobae system. Such responsibility will encourage people to develop their leadership and managerial skills (and there I go with sociology again :crazy:).

EDIT

e. It challenges him with difficulties in finding a home and providing foods for himself, so he can appreciate more of what he has.

f. In reaping various kinds of deceased souls, he can observe the good, the bad, and the gray area in human nature (he has 300 years at this). This is why, upon regaining his memories, he is floored by the gravity of his mistakes and later is determined to catch Park Joong-hun.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 13