Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

12 hours ago, winterdew said:

@lucifercorner

I agree with what you said about MG. It's lots of fun to watch even though it's been more than a decade since it was released. True that, I watched this drama a couple of years after its release, and LDW left a deep impression on me (can't quite put a finger on it because his role there wasn't the deepest, but I'd say it must be his magnetic charisma). But it was one of his later dramas that sealed the deal for me as a fan :)

I watched HK first and then MG, both of dramas were great in their own way. I also agreed with you. All the sweetness at MG was definitely fun to watch! I couldn't stop grinning when watching MG. I agree with you, LDW still left a deep impression eventho' his character was just a rich young chaebol.

Meanwhile, HK left different impression from MG, it's not as dark as Bittersweet Life, but all the angst between Jaewan and MoNe was killing me, and ugh, HK's plotline also made me had some heart attack!  And.... the best point from those two dramas, I could see LDW grew up as an actor himself, his acting were so great at HK, so much better than at MG. Oh plus, how could I left out LDW and LDH's great chemistry in both of dramas? It almost 10 years, and both of them still had those sizzling chemistry! HK and MG is part of my fave LDW's dramas. I also agreed with you that Kim Sun Ah wasn't very compatible with LDW at SoaW eventhough LDW succeed made me drooling during his bicycle kiss. Maybe it's my biased, but when LDW paired with LDH, I found the dramas were much better than LDW's other dramas. But luckily, Wild Romance impressed me in a very fun way, the comedy tone made me feel happy and I didn't mind if the chemistry between LDW and LSY was so-so

On 17/10/2016 at 6:52 PM, joyezz said:

@winterdew hmm unintentionally sexy moves.Gotta keep an eye on it while watching his drama :D I will watch Bubblegum this week :) looks like a sweet story.I am watching Roommate too.I lmao at the water slap game,he is hilarious when the water hit him he is wobbly and his face look like he is about to faint haha than he said "my eyelid flip" Everytime he sees Children and animals he will look at them so tenderly *sigh* why so perfect :wub:

LDW at Roommate was definitely my fave all the time! I felt in love with him during TROS and Roommate made me fell in love more and moreeeee. Too many funny and sweet interactions between him and his roommates during two season. The way he acted as big hyung to Kang Joon and Min Woo, a best friend to Se Ho, and the way he cared to the female members were daebak! I did remember when he cried during Ga Yoen's matched. Omo.... He totally a big brother to the girls. During Roommate, I felt that he felt shy when some of fans/audiences said they like him instead of younger actor. How could he couldn't believe we love him more than those younger actors? I also love on how he still showed us his childish part like during some games or Osaka trip. Season 1 of Roommate is always be my fave.

And yes, the way he cared to the LDG's kids at TROS was loveeeee! I did remember how happy he was when Daebak chose him instead of his father. LDW said he wants to bring Daebak to his home. I just yelled, please just make your own baby bcos you're gonna be a wonderful dad too!

• Like 5

@MaysoonD Effing Sexy:wub: He knows what it takes to be a heartthrob. And his dressing style & fashion sense are impeccable. He is a natural clothes hanger. He looks great in almost any outfit!!!

He has proven the old saying that some things just get better with age!!! His beautiful jawline & his expressive eyes are just to die for. In fact, whenever he wears Pink, I use to wonder how can a guy look so hot in pink. Wookie's versatility in acting proves that he's not just about looks.

@joyezz I watched bubblegum soon after I finished with HK, and I realised that this guy isn't afraid to take on challenges when it comes to the roles he chooses. his soft look in BG, the way he did justice to the role and his sweet 7 bickering chemistry with the female lead were just wow. After BG, I went to watch some other popular dramas of other actors and alas!   I started getting LDW withdrawal symptom!!!

As U said  the sad thing about lee dong wook, he's been in the acting industry for a while now, but still not achieved the fame he deserves. He desperately need a Pirates of the Carribean to his name. Hollywood should try him once.

When LDW is all scruffy, he looks like a korean version of JOHNNY DEPP!! SO HOT!

@willenette His body language impressed me more & yes, as u said, he can sing in tune:D

@winterdew I don't  stand a chance to meet him:(  Only way is to go to Korea to stalk Lee Dong Wook sshi? *DREAMING BIG*!! But, I am happy watching him on screen & sharing my little craziness here:P

@giegie He was his real self in roommate and a total sweetheart. Very sensible and caring. No wonder, Joon came to babysit the Lee siblings on Wookie's request and Jackson called him during Wookie's recent special radio DJing. Not to forget, Seho, Youngji, Bae Ok, Minoo dote on him. Roommate season1 is my fav too:) I love donghae and wookie with ryeo won. I also loved the bickering chemistry of Wild Romance between wookie and LSY.

I also love him in Running Man and TROS. he was so competitive in RM & so caring in TROS. This guynever fails to amaze me

• Like 4

i really want to know what Wookie needs to be A class actors ??? Good scripts ! i have watched couple of episodes of Dots and almost all episodes of Cinderella and four knights .the first made me cringe from chessy lines and nothing special in acting and regarding the later i was always asking myself what the drama is about ,we are getting no where and it was very cliche but eventually Dots was  hit and the latter had decent rating !!! so why not Wookie's drama though i admit it had its bitfalls but so do those dramas

maybe coz he is not typical asian look ?! but that wasn't obstacle before

maybe he is not a flower boy ,i rememberd a scene in my girl , LJK told him you are manly look while LJK had been misunderstood as a girl while he was with LDH in sauna or maybe coz he is not singer or Kpop idol ?

marketing  problems ?!!

If you have to give advice to Wookie ,what would it be ?? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

i really want to know what Wookie needs to be A class actors ??? Good scripts ! i have watched couple of episodes of Dots and almost all episodes of Cinderella and four knights .the first made me cringe from chessy lines and nothing special in acting and regarding the later i was always asking myself what the drama is about ,we are getting no where and it was very cliche but eventually Dots was  hit and the latter had decent rating !!! so why not Wookie's drama though i admit it had its bitfalls but so do those dramas

maybe coz he is not typical asian look ?! but that wasn't obstacle before

maybe he is not a flower boy ,i rememberd a scene in my girl , LJK told him you are manly look while LJK had been misunderstood as a girl while he was with LDH in sauna or maybe coz he is not singer or Kpop idol ?

marketing  problems ?!!

If you have to give advice to Wookie ,what would it be ?? 

Unfortunately most fans love flower boys  , cheesy lines that's why many good actors like lee dong wook gong yoo Jo in sung aren't so popular like lee min hoo , song joong ki but for me I don't care about popularity I care only about good project 

My advice to LDW is to do what GY did he should focus on movies more than dramas

k movies are perfect and show true talents and it's reason why GY a list star now 

Or he should choose dramas like signal , it's okay that's love with great plot :)

Finally I wish Goblin 'll be popular and successful so he can shine again:wub:

• Like 5

@lucifercorner someone on tumblr thought he kinda looks like young Johnny Depp.Not exactly alike but has similar facial features :) deep eyes and chiseled face

Image result for young johnny depp

@giegie I love him in Roommate too,too bad it was cancelled :( I have watched his other variety shows but Roommate still the best

@MaysoonD maybe his eurasian looks makes him unrelatable to Korean. Is there any A list who is mixed blood or looks mixed? 

I think he should actively look for interesting and challenging roles.Ask his agent to hunt for great script.Approach great writers, directors and producers.Create the filmography that you can look back and be proud of (that's what Leonardo DiCaprio said :) ).I think for him to approach Goblin's team is a great move.Instead of waiting for offers,he accually pursue a role.

I am not sure this advice can get him the A list status but I am sure it can at least help him to become a respected critically acclaim actor. Being an A list not gonna last forever anyway.

For his current position he's got nothing to lose,unlike those A-list actor who have to think twice before taking up a dark roles like Wookie in Bittersweet Life.Because of their fame thay cannot grow as an actor

@winterdew in Hotel King he is the main lead unlike MG and SOAW. Maybe that's why a lot of Wookie's fan like it the most.Plus he looks great and charismatic in it.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

Love Wookie's reaction to the fans shout. It is soo Wookie. Thanks for sharing. I thought i watched all Wookie related videos on utube but i guess there're still more that i haven't watched. 

• Like 2

@princess nour90  Word. Most of the Kdramas are so cliched & predictable. I recently started watching Jealousy Incarnate on my friend's recommendation, but just couldn't move ahead after a few episodes. It's still very successful. God knows why:blink:

In Korea, the selling point of a drama seems to be boyish charm (flower boys), lots of romance, female lead disguised as a male & love triangles.

Yes, its a good point that he can concentrate in movies. But, again the script and success of the movie is not something predictable.And you also  need to have the luck to land in successful roles. 

@MaysoonD There is a long list apart from DOTS & Cindrella. Recently I am watching a drama called woman with a suitcase. Interesting plot. But, alas!! the subbing takes atleast 2 days because of the lack of viewers. Everyone is busy watching the much hyped Moon lovers/Scarlet Ryeo which gets subbed within 3 hours flat. Such is the power of pretty boys!!!!

I especially don't understand when they make these Idols to act. 95% of them SUCK:angry: For some reason, Idols  are exempted from bad acting criticism.

Wookie inspite of his good looks and awesome acting skills lacks the LUCK factor.  Though hard work pays in the end, there are many a times when you feel that luck does play its part. One popular drama or movie to the kitty & U are safe. so, marketing definitely plays a major role in the popularity of the drama. His agency needs to project him outside Korea. With internet, a drama or movie can do wonders outside Korea.

Inspite of the low ratings of his previous few dramas, Wookie is still being courageous enough to be himself.  Right now, he needs something notable so that his career does not go downhill. And I would like to appreciate him that he took the second lead role in Goblin, setting aside his image as a lead without any ego. Hope and pray it works wonders for him & give him a rise in his career.

I personally feel that he should learn English and try out for projects outside Korea. Why not when He has got the skills!!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, joyezz said:

@lucifercorner someone on tumblr thought he kinda looks like young Johnny Depp.Not exactly alike but has similar facial features :) deep eyes and chiseled face

@giegie I love him in Roommate too,too bad it was cancelled :( I have watched his other variety shows but Roommate still the best

@MaysoonD maybe his eurasian looks makes him unrelatable to Korean. Is there any A list who is mixed blood or looks mixed? 

I think he should actively look for interesting and challenging roles.Ask his agent to hunt for great script.Approach great writers, directors and producers.Create the filmography that you can look back and be proud of (that's what Leonardo DiCaprio said :) ).I think for him to approach Goblin's team is a great move.Instead of waiting for offers,he accually pursue a role.

I am not sure this advice can get him the A list status but I am sure it can at least help him to become a respected critically acclaim actor. Being an A list not gonna last forever anyway.

For his current position he's got nothing to lose,unlike those A-list actor who have to think twice before taking up a dark roles like Wookie in Bittersweet Life.Because of their fame thay cannot grow as an actor

@winterdew in Hotel King he is the main lead unlike MG and SOAW. Maybe that's why a lot of Wookie's fan like it the most.Plus he looks great and charismatic in it.

Hi joyezz, I couldn't agree with you more - he somewhat looks like JD. He's not on the category of A-list but Daniel Henney is one.  He was born between an American-Irish father and a Korean mother. In these (3) dramas you mentioned, HK/MG & SOAW, LDW is the male lead. I love HK - Although this drama seemed to be a revenge story but from the beginning we actually understand it is more about forgiveness and trust. Here we really got a beautiful cinematography that was a treat to the eye.  I really liked shots they took for the hotel surrounding view and the outdoor shooting locations they choose. I love LDW's character here but I would like him to tone down his facial expressions in his angry scenes. I know the drama is called “Hotel King” and I expected them to focus more on the male lead, who is LDW.  I really liked Lee Dae Hae’s character. Both main leads are super in acting with good chemistry.  I’m glad they had this reunion.  I have many expectations about the new drama of Dong Wook soon. :P

• Like 3

@willenette seems like a lot of Daniel Henney movies are English speaking movies and in KDrama he mostly play supporting.Yea after I watch all of Wookie's works:lol:,I will rewatch HK again :) Sorry I meant to say  MG and SOAW stories are more about the female lead than the male lead

3 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

@joyezz The pic was bang on. Both of them have a perfect chiseled face. That high & wide cheekbones and the bow shape of their top lips- He def.y looks like ASIAN JOHHNY DEPP:heart:

image_zpsd0bbhjqn.jpeg

image_zps1jovjldr.jpeg

image_zps6xvcvc1d.jpeg

Close enough!!!!:wub:

I just love these pics:))) Swoonworthy!

Wow the first pic looks like JD :) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, joyezz said:

@willenette seems like a lot of Daniel Henney movies are English speaking movies and in KDrama he mostly play supporting.Yea after I watch all of Wookie's works:lol:,I will rewatch HK again :) Sorry I meant to say  MG and SOAW stories are more about the female lead than the male lead

Wow the first pic looks like JD :) 

joyezz, you're right - You know, if you can somehow get yourself to speak Korean fluently, you will have absolutely no problem finding gigs as an actor. Of course, it is highly unlikely that a non-Korean will be a top star in Korean acting scene. Ye, MG & SOAW stories are more about the female leads it's because of the title itself of the drama. :P

• Like 3

@MaysoonD Totally agree, chingu! He always brings something new to every project he takes on, be it a drama, movie or even a pictorial. I'm totally swooning over these new pics. He looks like a handsome gentleman in some, and in others, he looks like he has his dark grim reaper gaze on. Oh Wookie, it's so much fun being a fan of yours because there are always new (as in refreshing) things to look forward to :) 

• Like 5

Chingus, hi! I've missed a lot, but just have read everything. Will be in da house tomorrow and will join your convo. 

In a meanwhile Wookie had dinner today with SeHo and another comedian (don't now him).

The owner of this Instagram posted that he took selca with SeHo, but Wookie was there too. I guess Wookie has refused to take picture or this guy is SeHo fan and hasn't asked Wookie. Anyway sad that we've missed the chance to see our darling, but nevertheless it's great that he goes out with friends in between drama filmings. He couldn't afford himself such pleasures when was solo lead. 

• Like 5

@joyezz and @lucifercorner Awwwww thanks for LDW's Depp'esque pics! definitely a swoon worthy. LOL. I agreed with both you. LDW's choice of dramas reminded us with Depp's choice of eccentric movies such as Blade man had a resemblance with Edward Scissor-hand. Same like all you, I hope he'll find his momentum just like Depp had on his PoC's installment

@MaysoonD Well, movie/drama production somehow like a gambling. I think the 3 main components of a success is definitely great directing - great script and great acting. Besides that, you also need a great production team and promotion too! But in reality, eventhough the script was enough cheesy, it could be still a successful one like DotS with its 30% rating. LOL. Oh plus, just like some of you stated, K-people love flower boys-type for the dramas since the dramas was aired after they back from works. It's more fun to see some pretty faces with simple story lines rather than serious dramas (I think that's why 'heavy' dramas like Signal and Misaeng was picked by cable rather than 3 main broadcast channel). The different treatment happened in movies, some of successful K-movies didn't need a pretty face. I didn't consider Yoo Ah In or Kang HaNeul as flower boys since they looked enough masculine with their tanned skin, but looked on how they ended with some great movies project like The Throne or DongJu. The problem is, LDW is trapped in his image as a handsome one and big star based on his popularity as part of the first hallyu wave during My Girl. In his interview (which Princi_86 translated it for us) he stated that he didn't receive many indie project bcos his image. So, being a grim reaper and second lead proved us that LDW finally stepped out from the comfort zone. It feel like he tells to all the K-production house that he's okay with eccentric roles and as supporting one. So yes, I hope after Goblin, he'll receive more eccentric projects offer like his wishes before

@Princi_86 Thanks for LDW's daily life update! Just like you, I'm happy if he still could maintain his personal life with his friends despite of his Goblin's shooting schedule. His relationship with SeHo always be a highlight in Roommate and totally glad they're still friend after Roommate's cancellation (another proof how genuine buddy LDW is!)

• Like 5

@joyezz @lucifercorner Let's stay positive, chingus! There's still exactly 1.5 months to go till the drama airs, so there's still time for them to pull in viewers. They're up against some strong competition though, with The Legend of the Blue Sea and Entourage airing some time before Goblin, so I hope they can come up with something strong to attract people to watch Goblin. Please let Goblin succeed :heart:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, winterdew said:

@joyezz @lucifercorner Let's stay positive, chingus! There's still exactly 1.5 months to go till the drama airs, so there's still time for them to pull in viewers. They're up against some strong competition though, with The Legend of the Blue Sea and Entourage airing some time before Goblin, so I hope they can come up with something strong to attract people to watch Goblin. Please let Goblin succeed :heart:

Hi winterdew, December is still a bitfar but time flies so fast..........And although LDW is just a support here I simply need to be thankful to see him grace my screen once more. And the plot is so promising… Now give us some LDW stills please! And couldn’t ask for more! :P

• Like 3