Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

8 Enemies-To-Lovers K-Dramas To Make Your Heart Skip A Beat

They say there is a thin line between love and hate. Boy meets girl and BOOM! It’s hate at first sight. The battle lines are drawn, and the volatility of their dislike is so heated that they are better off apart than together. The RickRoll'D in the armor crack, and the spark of hostility has ignited a flaming passion. The one-time enemies are now hopelessly and passionately in love. Have you ever loved and thrived on the push and pull of apathy and ardor between a couple, the intensity of their feelings so strong that it burns up the screens? K-dramas have given us several such moments. Here are eight such K-dramas which have made many hearts skip a happy beat.

Touch Your Heart

Touch-Your-Heart-2.jpg

He is a brilliant and self-contained attorney, and she is a vivacious yet naive superstar. They have absolutely nothing in common. Oh Yoon Seo (Yoo In Na) starts working at a law firm to prepare for her next film, and she is assigned as a secretary to Kwon Jung Rok (Lee Dong Wook), a workaholic lawyer with a reticent personality. Unlike the rest of his colleagues, Jung Rok is not starstruck by Yoon Seo’s presence. On the contrary, he is exasperated by her since Yoon Seo’s constant goof-ups and mess-ups wear down on his patience. But it does not take long for Jung Rok to succumb to Yoon Seo’s charm. Jung Rok realizes that underneath her superficial and sometimes ditzy exterior, she is a warmhearted and straightforward person.

Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na’s on-screen compatibility comes to the fore once again after their screen outing in “Goblin.” They will give you some delightful moments with the sheer innocence of their love story. “Touch Your Heart” is a feel-good and simple romantic drama that will give you several reasons to smile.

Start watching “Touch Your Heart”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Love 1

*** I'm surprised why amongst all LDW's dramas, "Bubble Gum" from tvN had low ratings. I don't think it deserved it. In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.   :weary:

Ep. Original broadcast date Title Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[4] TNmS
Nationwide Nationwide
1 October 26, 2015 (저주가 깃든 아이) 1.232% 1.0%
2 October 27, 2015 You asked me, so I...
(당신은 내게 부탁했지요, 그래서 나는…)
1.736% 1.7%
3 November 2, 2015 All I Want is What You Want
(내가 원하는 건 네가 원하는 건)
0.866% 1.0%
4 November 3, 2015 (오늘의 우리는 어제의 우리가 아닌 걸) 1.316% 1.4%
5 November 9, 2015 That's What You Really Mean
(그게 진짜 네 마음이잖아)
1.065% 1.0%
6 November 10, 2015 (어떤 꿈은 현실에 깊이 스며들기도 하죠) 1.697% 1.4%
7 November 16, 2015 (화양연화, 그때는 알 수 없었던) 1.113% 1.1%
8 November 17, 2015 (얼룩져도 좋아, 흉터라도 괜찮아, 사라지지는 마) 1.310% 1.0%
9 November 23, 2015 Too heavy, Too Scary, Love
(너무 무거운, 너무 무서운, 사랑)
1.105% 1.0%
10 November 24, 2015 Haeng-ah, I Love You
(행아야, 사랑해)
1.396% 1.7%
11 November 30, 2015 Memory is More Than Love
(기억이란 사랑보다 더)
0.754% 1.0%
12 December 1, 2015 I'm calling you, like an unending song
(나는 너를 불러, 끝나지 않는 노래처럼)
1.705% 1.4%
13 December 7, 2015 (깜깜한 밤하늘에 푸른 신호등) 0.710% 0.8%
14 December 8, 2015 (그리움과 행복은 한 걸음 차이) 1.335% 1.2%
15 December 14, 2015 (행복을 지켜내는 주문, 고마워) 0.766% 1.0%
16 December 15, 2015 (그렇게 빈 틈 사이로 다시 봄이 옵니다) 1.179% 1.3%
Average 1.205% 1.188%

*** Lee Dong Wook expressed his disappointment about him and Hyun Bin not being recognized at all in Latvia during March 18 when he was featured in a YouTube show 'Pinggyego' hosted by Yu Jae Seok. In Latvia, Lee Dong Wook filmed 'Harbin', which is a film scheduled to be released within this year. During their conversation, Yu Jae Seok told them that as someone with fame, he occasionally feels uncomfortable to receive a lot of attention, and asked Lee Dong Wook if being a celebrity suits the lifestyle of his. He laughingly explained "Not very long ago, I spent some time in Latvia. I was there with Hyun Bin, Jeon Yeo Been and Park Jeong Min for the shooting of our upcoming movie. You know what though? Nobody recognized us there! It was awesome at first. I thought to myself, 'Wow, it's nice that no one recognizes me. As no one continued not recognizing us when we were walking around the streets together on our second day, I was like, 'Hold on... This isn't right. Why isn't anybody recognizing me? I was a little disappointed, you know. I mean, we're all big in Korea, and I thought 'Hallyu' ('Korean Wave'―the global boom in Korean popular culture) was a thing. It made me wonder whether it had not reached Latvia yet. I realized that it's truly a must to appreciate every little thing as a celebrity while there are still people out there giving me love."   :blush:

201763431_1280.webp

201763430_700.webp

source : (SBS Star)

58 minutes ago, willenette said:

I realized that it's truly a must to appreciate every little thing as a celebrity while there are still people out there giving me love."   :blush:

LDW has a really great fan service. He treasures his fans and it shows in his actions. He's one of the most successful, yet humblest actor in K-industry. I take pride in being one of his fans. He's well-mannered, too. :wub:

• Love 1

*** The phrase in the teaser poster of LDW's upcoming drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho' reads,  'I and the world I belong to have all begun to twist'  is displayed prominently, hinting at the direction the story will take us. But, wait - 1938? How come the hair and coat are not period accurate. Well, I guess, it's time travel................    :shaq:

tvN's 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' will premiere at 9:20 PM KST.

1679963742-gumiho.jpeg

Lee Dong Wook’s Time And World Get Distorted In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Poster'

Lee Dong Wook’s Time And World Get Distorted In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Poster

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed” is gearing up for a new season!

On March 28, tvN dropped an eye-catching poster for their upcoming drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” starring Lee Dong Wook.

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

Previously in May 2022, it was confirmed that Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum will be returning for Season 2 joined by Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo. Director Kang Shin Hyo and scriptwriter Han Woo Ri from Season 1 will be reuniting for the new project.

In the teaser poster, Yi Yeon is standing in the middle of an unfamiliar street in the darkness. The Japanese signboards suggest that he crash landed in Gyeongseong in 1938. The text that reads, “I and the world I belong to are all becoming distorted,” on top of the backdrop of the modern era in coexistence with 1938 suggest the prelude to huge turmoil that Yi Yeon will face.

Tale-of-the-Nine-Tailed-1938.jpeg

tvN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will premiere on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST following the conclusion of “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1575651wpp/lee-dong-wooks-time-and-world-get-distorted-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-poster

*** I'm happy that we get to see LDW soon in a new season of tvN’s "Tale of the Nine Tailed". He will be forced to re-meet familiar faces, with the complication of knowing the future. We will be seeing him again with his half-brother Lee Rang –  Kim Bum  reprising his role. As far as I remember, the siblings got to reconcile. So we are back to square one? Is Rang still has animosity against Yeon? When I first heard about this sequel I was completely taken aback because I 'm not really into sequels/part2s/remakes/ but, LDW is one of my biases so, no choice but to support him. I like the season 1. "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938"  is slated to premiere on May 6 in the weekend slot.   :7555_attack:

6 K-Dramas To Watch On Netflix And Viu If You Love 'The Glory'

Two weeks have already passed since all of the episodes of The Glory were released, and we're still not over THAT *glorious* ending. While the drama mainly revolved around Moon Dong Eun's meticulous revenge process towards her perpetrators and bystanders, we were also able to witness how the series tackled bullying because of differences among social statuses, introduced us more to the world of shamanism in South Korea, and many more.

With this, we made a list of some K-dramas on Netflix and Viu that you should watch after The Glory:

3. Goblin (2016)

Where you can watch it: Viu

Don't you just love the Song Hye Kyo and Yeom Hye Ran duo in The Glory? While the drama gave us heavy feelings, these two surely made it a little bit lighter. Another duo we love is definitely the Goblin-Grim Reaper match in the famous Goblin series! These two always gave the viewers a laugh with their neverending bickering, almost always trying to prove who is better between them. That legendary scene where they walk in slow-mo, vegetables in their hands while wearing extremely fashionable coats is totally unforgettable!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/kloka/korean-drama/k-dramas-like-the-glory-a5075-20230328?ref=home_feed_1

*** Watching the teaser, I can say that it's even more thrilling. It left me wonder why Lee Yeon, who had found happiness, was transported to 1938. I'm curious of what kind of event he will face in the future. The teaser looks amazing! "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938"  will premiere on May 6th.   :blush:

202303310939512410_2.jpg

photos source : https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202303310939512410

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Is Forced To Adapt After Being Summoned Back In Time In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teaser

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Is Forced To Adapt After Being Summoned Back In Time In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teaser

tvN has released a thrilling first teaser for “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”!

Starring Lee Dong WookJo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

On March 31, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” unveiled its first teaser that captures the chaotic times of year 1938 that Yi Yeon has been thrown into. Why has Yi Yeon been summoned to the year of 1938 and what kind of missions await him?

As he evaluates his new and unusual surroundings, Yi Yeon comments, “The world I belong to has all begun to get twisted. I’ve come back to 1938.”

Watch the action-packed teaser below!

Season 1 leads Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum will return for Season 2 alongside new cast members Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo. Director Kang Shin Hyo and scriptwriter Han Woo Ri from Season 1 will also be reuniting for the new project.

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1576614wpp/watch-lee-dong-wook-is-forced-to-adapt-after-being-summoned-back-in-time-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-teaser

10 Besties-Turned-Lovers K-Dramas For The Romantic Soul

You may fall in love many times, but some people think that falling in love with your best friend is the best thing ever.

And many great K-drama couples have taken this advice quite literally. The progress of childhood friends who progress from nitpicking, bickering, and bantering to some very explosive chemistry and romance is a much loved trope in several dramas. If you are looking at your best friend and wondering if they are the one, here are 10 such K-dramas to check out where childhood friends transitioned to life partners.

“Bubblegum”

Bubblegum.jpg

This drama features a slow burn and bittersweet romance between two childhood friends Park Ri Hwan (Lee Dong Wook) and Kim Haeng Ah (Jung Ryeo Won). Ri Hwan’s wealthy family had taken in Haeng Ah after the demise of her parents. Though inseparable as children, Ri Hwan’s mother has resented Haeng Ah’s presence and makes her constant dislike towards the girl apparent. Now grown up, Ri Hwan practices oriental medicines while Haeng Ah is a radio producer. Haeng Ah has had her share of bad relationships, and Ri Hwan has constantly looked out for her. But when the two realize their feelings go beyond being just friends, the biggest hurdle is not just parental opposition, but another inexplicable fear that has consumed Ri Hwan, which forces him to reject Haeng Ah.

“Bubblegum” scores for its simplicity and a straightforward storyline which deals with the friend to lover angle naturally. Though the writing lags a bit, the drama makes makes for a soft, lilting watch. And Lee Dong Wook and Jung Ryeo Won make for a very compatible couple on screen, and their chemistry is gentle and easy going.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, And More Start Hunting In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, And More Start Hunting In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has shared a new poster featuring the hunting of Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, and more!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

The newly released poster features the six main characters Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook), Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon), Yi Rang (Kim Bum), Chun Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo), Koo Shin Joo (Hwang Hee), and Seonwoo Eun Ho (Kim Yong Ji) who exude powerful auras. They walk out from the destroyed banquet hall as if they have just finished hunting. On top of this, the text that reads, “The era where there is nothing left to protect. It is time to hunt,” implies that they are back in an era where there is no more taboo, raising anticipation for their new mission in 1938.

Tale-of-The-Nine-Tailed-1938_poster.jpeg

The production team remarked, “As the backdrop has changed, Yi Yeon’s hunting method will also change. Gumiho Yi Yeon’s unique [hunting] style, exhilarating action, and the next level spectacular story development with an expanded worldview will present the essence of a K-fantasy action drama.”

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise.” Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1577074wpp/lee-dong-wook-kim-so-yeon-kim-bum-and-more-start-hunting-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

50 Best KDramas to watch right now

Right from Crash Landing on You and Alchemy of Souls to Squid Game and Goblin, keep scrolling for a comprehensive list of the best KDramas to watch ASAP!

It’s good news for all the entertainment-loving audiences out there, because this time we have curated an ultimate list to guide you through the world of Korean entertainment. In fact, right from interesting cast to addictive plots, we have hand selected only the best Kdramas to watch right now. Apart from an interestingly intense and unpredictable storyline we have made sure to list down incredibly binge-worthy shows that will definitely make you a K-drama fanatic.

Ahead, find the best Kdramas to watch right away, along with their IMDb ratings and OTT platforms. 

39. Touch Your Heart

• Genre: Comedy, Romance
  • Cast: Lee Dongwook, Sangwoo Lee, Sung Yoon Son
  • Director: Ji Yeong Choi, Joon Hwa Park
  • Writer: BoRim Choi, Myeong Suk Lee
  • Year of release: 2019
  • OTT Platform: Netflix
  • IMDb Rating: 7.6/10

This show takes the cake for being the sweetest romantic comedy. The show titled Touch Your Heart will definitely manage to hit the chords. The workplace romance features impressive performances by Lee Dongwook, Sangwoo Lee, and Sung Yoon Son among others. The 2019 K-drama is available on Netflix to watch. 

40. Goblin (Guardian: The Lonely and Great God)

• Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy
  • Cast: Gong Yoo, Kim Goeun, Lee Dongwook
  • Director: Eung Bok Lee
  • Writer: Kim Eunsook
  • Year of release: 2016
  • OTT Platform: Netflix, MX Player
  • IMDb Rating: 8.6/10

The show titled Goblin is one of the best fantasy-based romance dramas. The 2016 Korean drama is available on Netflix to stream and features the best of Gong Yoo, Kim Goeun, and Lee Dongwook among others. The highly-rated show features a modern romance with just the right blend of fantasy and plot twists and we highly recommend you watch it right away.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Pinkvilla