[Drama 2024] Marry My Husband, 내 남편과 결혼해줘

larus

Park Min Young Undergoes Bold Transformation And Reunites With First Love Lee Gikwang In “Marry My Husband”

Park Min Young Undergoes Bold Transformation And Reunites With First Love Lee Gikwang In “Marry My Husband”

Jan 8, 2024
by M. Lim

tvN’s “Marry My Husband” teases Park Min Young’s captivating transformation ahead of the upcoming episode!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of the terminally ill Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young), who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and her husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) having an affair—and is then murdered by her husband.

When Kang Ji Won is transported 10 years back into the past and gets a second chance at life, she winds up seeking revenge together with her boss Yoo Ji Hyeok (Na In Woo).

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Jung Soo Min hid the fact that a high school reunion was happening and called Kang Ji Won there, intending to catch her off guard and humiliate her. Having been bullied in high school, in her first life, Jung Soo Min’s plan succeeded and Kang Ji Won visited the reunion unprepared, leaving her with a bitter memory.

Remembering this, Kang Ji Won pondered whether to attend the reunion or not. Meanwhile, Yoo Ji Hyeok overheard about Kang Ji Won and Jung Soo Min’s high school reunion plans and decided to visit Baek Eun Ho (Highlight’s Lee Gikwang) in person to inform him of the reunion.

In the newly revealed stills, Kang Ji Won boldly severs ties with her past life through a symbolic haircut, marking a drastic shift in style that mirrors her transformed mindset. Once timid and cautious, Kang Ji Won now embraces a vibrant makeover, bidding farewell to her long and dark previous life as she sheds her long hair and glasses.

MMH-Park-Min-Young.jpeg

Spoiler

MMH-Park-Min-Young-1.jpeg

MMH-Park-Min-Young-2.jpeg

With a chic short haircut, Kang Ji Won radiates confidence and flashes a radiant smile, embodying a more proactive and self-assured version of herself as she enters her reunion venue. Unlike in her previous life when she was busy hiding in the restroom, Kang Ji Won confidently stands among her classmates, no longer subject to Jung Soo Min’s manipulation.

Spoiler

MMH-Park-Min-Young-3.jpeg

The unexpected appearance of Kang Ji Won’s first love Baek Eun Ho at the reunion venue also adds an unexpected twist. Reuniting after a decade, a subtle and enigmatic atmosphere envelops Kang Ji Won and Baek Eun Ho, who were each other’s first love in high school. Jung Soo Min’s surprised expression and wavering gaze heighten the anticipation surrounding the unfolding events at the reunion.

MMH-Lee-Gikwang.jpeg

Spoiler

MMH-Song-Ha-Yoon.jpeg

MMH-Song-Ha-Yoon-Park-Min-Young-Lee-Gikw

As Kang Ji Won and Baek Eun Ho had misunderstandings in the past that prevented their relationship from blossoming and resulted only in unrequited love for each other, the upcoming episode promises to unveil more of their nostalgic first love story.

The next episode of “Marry My Husband” airs on January 8 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1636001wpp/park-min-young-undergoes-bold-transformation-and-reunite-with-first-love-lee-gikwang-in-marry-my-husband

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode's 3! :).

“Marry My Husband” Continues Perfect Streak Of Setting New Personal Best In Ratings

“Marry My Husband” Continues Perfect Streak Of Setting New Personal Best In Ratings

tvN’s “Marry My Husband” continues its streak at No.1 ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 3 of tvN’s “Marry My Husband” starring Park Min YoungNa In WooLee Yi Kyung, and Song Ha Yoon achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 6.4 percent. This is a 0.5 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 5.9 percent, renewing the drama’s personal best every broadcast since the premiere episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1636151wpp/marry-my-husband-continues-perfect-streak-of-setting-new-personal-best-in-ratings

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode's 4! :).

“Marry My Husband” Sees Impressive Jump In Ratings For 2nd Week

“Marry My Husband” Sees Impressive Jump In Ratings For 2nd Week

tvN’s “Marry My Husband” continues to see its ratings rise at an impressive pace!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 4 of “Marry My Husband” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 7.6 percent. This is a 1.2 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 6.4 percent, marking another new personal best score.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1636418wpp/marry-my-husband-sees-impressive-jump-in-ratings-for-2nd-week

• Like 2

:what!:

That is the ML's second life but he doesnt know that JW has also returned to the past.

I like how JH is a little clumsy...:D

Finally the two of them are relaxed and smiling...

GDapHJ9XsAEgXtN?format=jpg&name=360x360

GDapGsTWIAUOSw0?format=jpg&name=360x360

Eunho is so sweet and kind guy. 

MH and SM...she is a cunning fox and the scenes with MH are more creepy than funny...

The panic scene in the car...poor JW...

I didnt understand why JH said that JW's dressing was inappropriate for work...:unsure:

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, January 9, 2024
12 5

The tvN drama Marry My Husband scored ratings of 6.42% (nationwide) and 7.1% (metropolitan) for episode 3. The rise comes after it scored 5% nationwide ratings for its first two episodes. 

The K-drama also retains its popularity on Prime Video in numerous countries.

jQA60B_2f.png

Where to watch the K-drama Marry My Husband?

Episode 4 of Marry My Husband will air on January 9 (Tuesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Prime Video. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-min-young-s-marry-my-husband-scores-its-highest-ratings

• Like 2

Defo seein' a lot o'similarities between this and "Perfect Marriage Revenge". Both are also manga adaptations. 

Park Min Young, as said by her jerk bf Min Hwan is all skin and bones. In fact when she was still in her pre-glow up phase, I thought she looked so mousy and frumpy(?) But not bad actually ahah. Of course the post her is chef's kiss but sight of her twig arms in her white dress was er kinda.. like she appeared emaciated almost.

The actress playin' Su Min is doin' a hell of a great job playin' the worst bff ever LoL. I just get this visceral reaction whenever her scenes come up or constantly roll my eyes ha-ha! Her and Min Hwan are oy (facepalm) the very definition of evil. Such vile , disgusting beings they both are. Added to that, the mean girls crew from Ji Won's school LoL.

I fail to understand why anythin' Su Min does concerns them LoL?! They really do have too much time on their hands to worry about others or prey on others for fun. Like these are supposedly women in their 30s for goodness sakes. Then again I have come across many women at all ages that still act like they're at high school (facepalm) and I do mean even women in their 70s okay!??! Older don't necessarily mean gettin' wiser if ya ask me tsk.

I don't find Ji Hyuk leading man material ; sorry LoL. Eun Ho either - the dialect is cute though. It's now revealed that Ji Hyuk had a chance to "start over" just like Ji Won. I find the acting here almost caricature-like LoL. Still watching though 'cause I am rooting for Ji Won and I want Su Min to get her just desserts.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Marry My Husband: Episodes 3-4

by solstices

Signifying the start of her new life, our heroine reinvents herself with a new look and burgeoning assertiveness. She’s finally building a backbone, standing up for herself, and refusing to be treated like a doormat any longer, and it’s glorious to watch. Out with the old, in with the new!

EPISODES 3-4

In the midst of Min-hwan’s uncomfortably unwarranted advances, a timely chicken misdelivery engineered by Ji-hyuk gives Ji-won the opening to shove her lecherous boyfriend out the door. The close call gives Ji-won the incentive to change her door passcode, which means the next time Min-hwan and Soo-min come knocking, they find that they can no longer waltz into Ji-won’s space as they please.

Next on the schedule is the dreaded high school reunion, but before that, Hee-yeon invites Ji-won out for a meal and a makeover. Hee-yeon’s advice — to give a difficult situation her all so that she can leave it in the past with no lingering regret — strikes a chord with Ji-won, and at the salon, she asks for a drastic change as if she’s been reborn.

When Ji-won emerges with a stylish bob cut, elegant makeup, and a sophisticated dress, she can’t help but hold back tears in front of the mirror. I love that it’s Hee-yeon who gives Ji-won the fairy godmother magic — not only is it an uplifting act of female friendship, but it also serves as a direct contrast to Soo-min’s deliberately poor styling of Ji-won in the past.

With her newfound confidence, Ji-won turns heads at the reunion and flips the past timeline’s confrontation on its head. Not only does she reveal the truth about Soo-min’s gift of knockoff earrings, but she also demands the full story from her high school bullies. It turns out Soo-min had spun a tale of Ji-won coveting all the men she’d been interested in, including Min-hwan and Eun-ho.

Of course, thanks to Ji-hyuk’s intervention, Eun-ho is conveniently present to counter Soo-min’s lies. Not once had they ever dated, and needless to say, Ji-won hadn’t orchestrated their breakup. Aww, Eun-ho looks so happy to see Ji-won again, especially since she just admitted that she had a crush on him back then.

Ji-won runs off in mortification, and Eun-ho rushes after her to blurt out that he’d felt the same. He nervously apologizes for grabbing her hand to stop her, then tries to wipe her hand, only to realize that he’ll need to hold her hand again to clean it, hee. This confession is witnessed by Ji-hyuk, who notices Ji-won’s awkward discomfort and calls her to give her an excuse to leave.

That excuse turns out to be a professional platform showcase, where Ji-hyuk advocates for Ji-won’s capabilities while she smoothly puts a nasty power-tripping businessman in his place. Afterwards, Ji-hyuk treats her to coffee, and for the first time we see a reinvigorated Ji-won, who smiles freely and radiates a confident glow.

Ji-hyuk’s endearingly awkward nerdiness is on full display this week, from the way he keeps putting his foot in his mouth while trying to nudge Ji-won away from the disastrous path she once took, to the way he pours his worries out to his adorable pet cat. What he lacks in charisma, he more than makes up for with genuine sincerity.

After a bout of judo with his buddy, spurred by Ji-won’s offhand remark that she’d like to learn self-defense, a shower scene gives us an excuse to spot something unusual about our leading man. Ji-hyuk has a heart-shaped mark below his collarbone, just like the one Ji-won’s father used to draw! We finally see what happened in the original timeline: Ji-hyuk had attended Ji-won’s funeral, where Min-hwan and Soo-min had been apprehended for murder, and that’s where he’d overheard the gossip about Eun-ho and the high school reunion. On the way home, Ji-hyuk had gotten into an accident while swerving to avoid a cat, and then he’d woken up in his second chance at life. Now, he’s determined to protect Ji-won at any cost.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/marry-my-husband-episodes-3-4/

• Like 3

Hello 

Yes I am still watching Marry My Husband.

Episode 4 ended with a deserving climax and a feeling of urgency for the next episode. 
i never expected to enjoy this drama but drama keeps surpassing my expectations and looking forward the next episode.

One reason I enjoy this drama is because it started on an interesting note, Ji Won believes to change her fate she has to transfer her fate to someone else. In Kdrama it can be possible but not in real life. This realization kinda made sense because for example: she was supposed to get burned by the pot, but when Ji Hyuk save her, he got burn scar ( at first o thought the scar was from needle marks until they explained) lol  I am so silly. 
Now for her cancer, she definitely can not avoid it if it is meant to be , but I don’t think the writer want us to believe it can happen. She can delay it like some of you said? If she takes care of herself. 

Another example , when she almost bumped into the trolley in the first life, but avoided it in the present,  due to fact she avoided, she still ended up getting hurt in the same place. If she had gotten someone else  there at the moment to got hurt , she would never had gotten hurt at all. 

Jung Soo Min is shameless and cruel. Watching her from the first life and present, it makes me so angry because Ji Won finally admits, there were some instances she knew her best friend was targeting her when she didn’t get her way. She made sure to isolate her from everyone, she she can be used. That is such a lonely life.  To see her be in romantic relationships that is abusive and friendship that is emotional abusive made me so angry. 

A nice touch to this story, is that Ji Won’s dad is playing matchmaker from beyond the grave. It was really sweet of him to mark her soulmate for her..

Flash. flash back scene 

Ji Won and Ji Hyuk may have slept together hence drinking is bad for Ji Won . 

• Like 3

Great moments for me 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d74a010b220aee171323

Ji Hyuk’s sister, hopefully she won’t lose her job this time around. Ji Hyuk is a very good brother. She is the apple of her grandfather’s eye. I am so happy his family is not toxic and there is a lot of love in their little family. 

Something to be happy for Ji Hyuk, can’t stand Jung Soo Min. All her tricks can never catch his eye. lol lol 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7b6f03250d63d700a7a

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7b6f03250d63d700a7a

Ji Hyeok was really surprised and frustrated to see her makeover. I truly loved her answer. She did it for herself. She decided to play their game, be happy and not trust people who only aim to ridicule or try to hurt her. 
Do you guys agree with her answer 

why no reaction butting under my post??

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (January 13, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Marry My Husband: I didn’t think I would be sticking around, to be honest, but this show knows how to hit all the right beats and it’s been really fun. What a testament to storytelling, too, that it can have virtually the same plot and plot points as Perfect Marriage Revenge but be telling an entirely different story in an entirely different way. As for our cast, Lee Yi-kyung is so great at what he does, Song Ha-yoon has never been so painfully aegyo-y despicable, and Na In-woo is still weirder than ever (but it’s strangely growing on me?).

DaebakGrits

Marry My Husband: Color me surprised. I’m still invested in this one, but I can’t entirely wrap my head around the concept that everything — even something as minor as a small bump to the knee — is an unavoidable fate unless it is stolen by or from someone. By that logic, Ji-won shouldn’t be able to deviate at all from her previous timeline, but she and Ji-hyuk have already made several changes to the timeline without engaging in an equivalent exchange. Or am I to believe that Ji-won’s friendship with Hee-yeon and subsequent makeover were stolen from someone else?

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-january-13-2024/

• Like 2

20240114102124_marry-my-husband.jpg?s=90Watch: Park Min Young, Na In Woo, And More Have Nothing But Praise For Each Other On Set Of “Marry My Husband”

Jan 14, 2024
by S. Nam

“Marry My Husband” has shared a new behind-the-scenes video of the cast hard at work!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of the terminally ill Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young), who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and her husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) having an affair—and is then murdered by her husband.

Spoilers

The newly released making-of video begins with Na In Woo complimenting Park Min Young on her new short hairstyle. He remarks, “Both [long and short hair] suit her well. She looks pretty wearing glasses and without glasses.” Park Min Young teases, “He learned well,” and Na In Woo responds, “She comes in every day with barely any makeup. She’s pretty.”

The cast of “Marry My Husband” also discusses in depth how to film each scene, rehearsing each little detail. Lee Yi Kyung gets playful with his ideas and makes detailed suggestions that add depth to his character and enhances the scene.

When filming with Choi Gyu Ri, Park Min Young praises her confident acting, saying, “You’re doing such a good job.” Choi Gyu Ri responds, “I’m so embarrassed that I’m sweating.”

In the scene where they film the characters’ past school days, Park Min Young shares, “I didn’t know I would be wearing a school uniform. I’m saying this so people don’t misunderstand, but I said from the beginning that I wouldn’t play high school Ji Won.”

When Highlight’s Lee Giwkang joins the set, Lee Gikwang mentions how difficult it is to tell that Park Min Young is wearing a wig, conveying how well the two pull of their characters’ high school looks.

Despite the difficulties of filming, the actors actively suggest doing multiple takes until they are satisfied with their acting, highlighting their dedication to the drama.

https://youtu.be/RgqVMe0WXcU

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637181wpp/watch-park-min-young-na-in-woo-and-more-have-nothing-but-praise-for-each-other-on-set-of-marry-my-husband

• Like 2

“Marry My Husband” And Park Min Young Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

Jan 14, 2024
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Marry My Husband” dominated this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

In its first week on air, the new revenge drama debuted at No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Marry My Husband” top this week’s list of most buzzworthy dramas, but its leading lady Park Min Young also took No. 1 on the list of buzzworthy drama cast members, followed by her co-stars Song Ha Yoon and Lee Yi Kyung at No. 9 and No. 10 respectively.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Marry My Husband”
  2. SBS “My Demon”
  3. JTBC “Welcome to Samdalri”
  4. MBC “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”
  5. KBS2 “Korea-Khitan War
  6. tvN “Maestra: Strings of Truth”
  7. KBS2 “Love Song for Illusion”
  8. TV Chosun “My Happy Ending”
  9. ENA “Tell Me You Love Me”
  10. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows: 

1. Park Min Young (“Marry My Husband”)
  2. Song Kang (“My Demon”)
  3. Shin Hye Sun (“Welcome to Samdalri”)
  4. Lee Young Ae (“Maestra: Strings of Truth”)
  5. Bae In Hyuk (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  6. Lee Se Young (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  7. Ji Chang Wook (“Welcome to Samdalri”)
  8. Kim Yoo Jung (“My Demon”)
  9. Song Ha Yoon (“Marry My Husband”)
  10. Lee Yi Kyung (“Marry My Husband”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637243wpp/marry-my-husband-and-park-min-young-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

• Like 1

20240115084505_marry-my-husband-5.jpeg?sPark Min Young And Na In Woo Are Deeply Intertwined Since Their First Meeting In “Marry My Husband”

Jan 15, 2024
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Marry My Husband” unveiled new stills of Park Min Young and Na In Woo!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of the terminally ill Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young), who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and her husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) having an affair—and is then murdered by her husband. When Kang Ji Won is transported 10 years back into the past and gets a second chance at life, she winds up seeking revenge together with her boss Yoo Ji Hyeok (Na In Woo).

Spoilers

Previously, it was revealed that Yoo Ji Hyuk was actually from the year 2023 and also returned back in time like Kang Ji Won, shocking viewers. At Kang Ji Won’s funeral, Yoo Ji Hyuk learned of Park Min Hwan and Jung Soo Min’s atrocious acts, and it was revealed that he was secretly helping Kang Ji Won after recalling his conversation with Baek Eun Ho (Highlight’s Lee Gikwang) about the school reunion from 10 years ago.

Furthermore, Yoo Ji Hyuk had a blue heart drawn on his chest that was similar to the drawing Kang Ji Won’s father put on the pocket money he gave to her, hinting at how the two could be connected. Nevertheless, the two have yet to interact as much more than just colleagues at work, and viewers are curious to find out why Yoo Ji Hyuk is using his second chance at life to help Kang Ji Won.

The newly released stills unveil the first meeting between Kang Ji Won and Yoo Ji Hyuk. The stills portray a lovely and sweet Kang Ji Won and a youthful Yoo Ji Hyuk in his judo uniform who are in stark contrast to how the two are now as adults set out to change their futures.

Furthermore, the stills depict the strange atmosphere between the two as Yoo Ji Hyuk runs into a completely drunk Kang Ji Won, raising questions about what happened between the two in the past.

marry-my-husband-2-.jpeg

The next episode of “Marry My Husband” will air on January 15 with a delayed broadcast time of 10:30 p.m. KST due to the broadcast of the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2023.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637408wpp/park-min-young-and-na-in-woo-are-deeply-intertwined-since-their-first-meeting-in-marry-my-husband

• Like 3

Here is the ratings for Episode's 5! :).

“Marry My Husband” Remains No. 1 In Ratings + “Love Song For Illusion” And “Tell Me You Love Me” See Slight Rises

“Marry My Husband” Remains No. 1 In Ratings + “Love Song For Illusion” And “Tell Me You Love Me” See Slight Rises

“Marry My Husband” continues its reign over Monday-Tuesday dramas!

Despite the delayed broadcast time on January 15 due to the coverage of the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2023, tvN’s “Marry My Husband” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 7.4 percent. This is a 0.2 percent dip in ratings, yet it is the drama’s second best score.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637557wpp/marry-my-husband-remains-no-1-in-ratings-love-song-for-illusion-and-tell-me-you-love-me-see-slight-rises

• Like 2

I watch dailies regularly and the FLs being TSTL are many, at least for the first 1/4 or 2/3 of the shows, so I do have a high tolerance for the aggravating type of FL.

But what is this FL doing? The manager is still a scumbag and she can’t disengage from SFL. At least she should gain the upper hand with the backstabbing bestie. The woman is still manipulating her
She let MH drag her around but was very upfront about being uncomfortable with the man who cared. I can’t see changes in her relationship with the jerk or the backstabbing bestie. 

I hope she has a plan to transfer her fate to SM and start it soon. I am getting antsy.

Highlights of epn5

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7830bd40d9734a3d743

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7830bd40d9734a3d743

to ruin her bff relationship. She has succeeded in making Minhwa no longer trust her because her mom was a cheater. 
Su Min purposely made it appear that Ji Won was cheating on him like her mother. 
Soo Min created drama just so she could watch Minwan and Jo Won fight. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7ex1r0nwj93lcakzfau

One of the main reason why , I call her a sociopath. She actually like Min Hwan, I believe they are a good match. He has a temper and Soo Min had the nerve to tell him. She should control him.