[Drama 2024] Marry My Husband, 내 남편과 결혼해줘

larus

Here is the ratings for Episode's 15! :).

“Marry My Husband” Ratings Remain Steady Ahead Of Finale + “Love Song For Illusion” Enjoys Boost

“Marry My Husband” Ratings Remain Steady Ahead Of Finale + “Love Song For Illusion” Enjoys Boost

“Marry My Husband” ratings remain strong with just one episode remaining!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 15 of tvN’s “Marry My Husband” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 11.1 percent, which is the same score as its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643533wpp/marry-my-husband-ratings-remain-steady-ahead-of-finale-love-song-for-illusion-enjoys-boost

• Like 1

Park Min Young, Na In Woo, And More Bid Farewell To “Marry My Husband” With Closing Remarks

Feb 20, 2024
by S. Kim

“Marry My Husband” stars Park Min Young, Na In Woo, Lee Yi Kyung, Song Ha Yoon, and Lee Gikwang have shared their feelings and thanked viewers ahead of tonight’s final broadcast!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of the terminally ill Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young), who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and her husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) having an affair—and is then killed by her husband. When Kang Ji Won is transported 10 years back into the past and gets a second chance at life, she winds up seeking revenge together with her boss Yoo Ji Hyuk (Na In Woo).

Spoilers

To begin with, Park Min Young, who showcased brave spirit to fight until the end as Kang Ji Won who pioneers her own destiny, expressed her special affection for the drama by saying, “Fortunately, many viewers showed great love [for the drama], so I think we can all bring closure with bright smiles. I feel blessed and grateful. I think a lot will change in my acting career in the future.”

MMH1.jpeg

Na In Woo, who portrays Yoo Ji Hyuk, a destined and reassuring partner who unconditionally loves Kang Ji Won, shared, “It doesn’t feel real yet, and I feel like I’ll have to get up again tomorrow and come to the filming site, so I feel very sad. All of our actors and staff worked really hard. Also, I love you so much, our viewers.”

na-in-woo-still.jpg

Lee Yi Kyung, who plays the villain role of Park Min Hwan, shared his honest feelings, “I feel good because this will be the last shoot. I feel a bit relieved because I can let go of my villainous acting. As everyone gave us so much love, the expression ‘bad person’ did not sound so bad. Thank you for giving so much love to ‘Marry My Husband.’”

Song Ha Yoon, who perfectly portrayed Jung Soo Min who hides her true intentions behind her angelic face, expressed her feelings, “There were some scary parts while acting as Soo Min. I made it throughout 16 episodes while pondering, ‘Is this a real feeling or a fake one?’ countless times. It still doesn’t feel real that this is my last shoot, but I guess I’ll continue living a different life, right?”

Lastly, Lee Gikwang, who plays Baek Eun Ho, a star chef who is not good at romantic relationships, drew laughter as he gave energetic closing remarks, saying, “I feel proud that the overall atmosphere [on set] while filming for the past six to seven months seemed really great. I feel like my hard work has been rewarded, and I will do my best until the end to present great acting.”

lee-yi-kyung-song-ha-yoon-lee-gikwang.jp

With just one more episode remaining, anticipation is high for how the revenge of Kang Ji Won, who is living her life for the second time, as well as the lives of those who constantly hindered her path will end.

The final episode of “Marry My Husband” will air on February 20 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Don’t miss out!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643643wpp/park-min-young-na-in-woo-and-more-bid-farewell-to-marry-my-husband-with-closing-remarks

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, February 20, 2024
21 12

The cast of Marry My Husband shared their thoughts ahead of the K-drama's finale.

tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama Marry My Husband has only its finale left to air, and Park Min YoungNa In WooLee Yi KyungSong Ha Yoon, and Lee Gi Kwang shared their thoughts as they bid farewell to the series.

Park Min Young, who played Kang Ji Won, expressed her gratitude, saying, "Fortunately, many people have loved it, so I think I will be able to say goodbye with a bright smile." She further added, "I feel blessed and grateful. I think a lot will change in my acting career in the future." 

Bd3x65_2f.png

Na In Woo, who played Yoo Ji Hyuk, commented, "It still doesn't feel real. I feel like I have to wake up tomorrow and go to the set again. I feel sad." He added warmth by expressing his appreciation, saying, "All of our actors and staff worked really hard, and to our viewers, I love you all very much." 

2wq36E_2f.png

Lee Yi Kyung, who played the antagonist Park Min Hwan, humorously expressed his genuine feelings, saying, "It feels good because it's the last time. I feel a bit relieved to be able to let go of villain acting." He also expressed his gratitude to the viewers, saying, "Thanks to all the love, [getting famous for] playing a bad person doesn't sound so bad. Thank you all for loving Marry My Husband so much." 

Spoiler

RB3Z6z_2f.png

Song Ha Yoon, who plays the antagonist Jung Soo Min, commented about playing her character, saying, "There were times when I felt a bit scared while acting as Soo Min. I thought countless times, 'Is this feeling real or fake?' and I went through until episode 16." She also expressed anticipation for the future, saying, "The feeling that this is the last shoot still hasn't sunk in, but I guess I'll move on to another work, right?" promising to return to the screen with another production.  

Spoiler

XdvKYJ_2f.png

Lee Gi Kwang, who played chef Baek Eun Ho, expressed his satisfaction, saying, "We filmed for about 6 to 7 months, and the atmosphere was very good, so I feel proud. I feel like my hard work was worth it, and I'll do my best until the end with great acting." 

Spoiler

jQVAzJ_2f.png

tvN also dropped Park Min Young and Na In Woo's ethereal stills. 

4e346K_2f.jpg

Spoiler

rNOb4N_2f.jpg

vXyd0W_2f.jpg

qYobmP_2f.jpg

Marry My Husband will air episode 16 on February 20. The K-drama is available to stream on Prime Video. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/marry-my-husband-park-min-young-na-in-woo-and-the-team-bid-farewell-with-heartfelt-messages

• Like 2

Bad people got bad karma and good people got rewards. I like the ending.

Spoiler

It’s quite good the way that the writer transferred fate from FL randomly to others. Her death to SML’s, ML’s death to the snooty woman’s. Her own bad marriage moved to her good friend. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

“Marry My Husband” Drops Stunning Wedding Pictorial Featuring Park Min Young And Na In Woo

“Marry My Husband” Drops Stunning Wedding Pictorial Featuring Park Min Young And Na In Woo

“Marry My Husband,” which ended on its highest viewership ratings last night, has gifted viewers with a heart-fluttering wedding pictorial of Park Min Young and Na In Woo!

On the night of February 20, tvN uploaded photos of the “Marry My Husband” couple Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young) and Yoo Ji Hyuk (Na In Woo), who came to bear the satisfying fruit of flipping their destiny and marrying each other.

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of the terminally ill Kang Ji Won, who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and her husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) having an affair—and is then killed by her husband. When Kang Ji Won is transported 10 years back into the past and gets a second chance at life, she winds up seeking revenge together with her boss Yoo Ji Hyuk.

Check out the beautiful wedding pictorial below!

na-in-woo-park-min-young-6.jpeg

Spoiler

na-in-woo.jpeg

Spoiler

park-min-young.jpeg

na-in-woo-park-min-young.jpeg

Spoiler

na-in-woo-park-min-young-1.jpeg

Spoiler

na-in-woo-park-min-young-2.jpeg

na-in-woo-park-min-young-3.jpeg

Spoiler

na-in-woo-park-min-young-4.jpegna-in-woo-park-min-young-5.jpeg

The drama has been steadily increasing viewership ratings since the premiere episode on January 1. After its ratings broke into double digits with episode 10, “Marry My Husband” ended its run with a new personal best in ratings.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Marry My Husband”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643852wpp/marry-my-husband-drops-stunning-wedding-pictorial-featuring-park-min-young-and-na-in-woo

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode's 16! *Last episode* :).

“Marry My Husband” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

“Marry My Husband” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

tvN’s “Marry My Husband” has ended on a high note!

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 20 broadcast of the “Marry My Husband” finale garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 12.0 percent, which marks a new personal best in ratings and a 0.9 percent increase from the pervious episode’s rating.

“Marry My Husband” follows the story of Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young) as she teams up with her boss Yoo Ji Hyuk (Na In Woo) after being granted a second chance at life to get revenge on her former best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and ex-husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) following their affair.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643862wpp/marry-my-husband-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, February 21, 2024
14 9

Actress Song Ha Yoon (37), who played the villain Jung Soo Min in the tvN drama Marry My Husband, dishes about her experiences. 

The actress had an interview at the Starship Entertainment building in Seoul on February 20, and it is reported that she repeatedly coughed dryly during the interview. She said it was because her throat hadn't fully recovered yet due to the strain it suffered as a result of screaming in anger in scenes of the second half of the drama.

Song Ha Yoon, who has mainly played innocent and lovely characters, experienced a turning point in her acting career after 20 years since her debut. She immersed herself in the character and put in immense effort, and to say the least, her efforts paid off, as it is believed that one of the key reasons behind the K-drama's popularity is Song Ha Yoon.

Talking about the reason she chose the drama, she said, "To be honest, I felt like I was always at a standstill. I was weary of my life as an actor, [acting the characters with] the same patterns. And when I came across this script, I immediately decided to take on the challenge."

She continued, "I think a character like Soo Min is a great opportunity for any actress. It was something I couldn't afford to miss."

Continuing, she said, "Marry My Husband was a work in which I really put everything aside to act [as the character]. Since it was a character I hadn't tried before, I felt I had to completely let go of my [real] self to show a new face. I felt like my old self was holding me back and wouldn't let me go, so I [even] deleted all the photos I had posted on social media." 

qYoonK_2f.png

Song Ha Yoon also stated, "I started (the project) in February last year and worked on it for almost a year. I never once openly spoke out about the difficult emotions I felt as a human being. I felt like I would completely break down if I said, 'It is hard.' I kept it in and filmed. And when it ended and I said, 'It was tough,' tears welled up. I didn't shed tears last year. I don't know how I managed to do it." 

Talking about her character, she said, "Soo Min was a character I couldn't understand no matter how much I thought about it."

She continued, "I have always expressed characters with emotion, but this time when I tried to put emotions into it, I got sick and suffered. So, I separated myself rationally, built an ego, and kept persuading myself. If that didn't work, I tried to memorize the emotions and continued (on my own). I tortured myself."

"I blocked all contact with acquaintances. That's how it was for a year. It was my first time playing a villain, so I didn't know how to handle it. I did what I could do. Although it was cruel to Song Ha Yoon, I took Song Ha Yoon's misfortune and turned it into Soo Min's happiness."

"When you watch a fun entertainment show, you might feel a moment of relief. I didn't even do things like that, but instead accumulated stress and poured it into Soo Min's emotions."

Song also mentioned seeking professional help when she couldn't understand the character of Jung Soo Min. She said, "Jung Soo Min has the exact opposite personality to mine. So, I met a psychiatrist and a profiler and asked 'why does she have such emotions.' I studied such emotions and expressions from a technical point of view." She added, "But as I analyzed the behavior, the conversation got deeper." "I really don't know how Soo Min lived [the way she did]. No word or disease could define it."

Elaborating about the professional help she received, she said, "It's not that I received help because I was mentally struggling (laughs), but when I was filming, I was emotionally immersed in the character, and my whole body was trembling, and I felt sore. It was so tough. I felt like I could never finish if I continued like this. I felt like I wouldn't be able to endure it, so I thought I should thoroughly separate myself [from the character] and act with reason. The questions I asked the profiler teacher were also about that psychological aspect. Even the experts said Soo Min is a sociopath."

2wqqdV_2f.png

Talking about her experiences, she said, "I was so immersed in the filming that I couldn't even remember how I acted. When I was filming, as soon as I heard 'action', I went to another world. I don't have that experience very often, but when I played the role of Soo Min, there were a lot of things I couldn’t remember. There was a time when I collapsed after filming everything."

"One time, the emotions I was feeling were so overwhelming that I even said, 'Please help me!' on set without even realizing it." "Without any extra effort, I naturally became very angry when I heard harsh words from Park Min Hwan and Kang Ji Won on set. My face and neck would turn as red as a sweet potato, so there were times when I had to cool down before shooting. My hands were shaking so much that I had to hold on to my clothes while acting."

Song Ha Yoon cited the scene where Soo Min is abandoned by her father and bursts into tears as the scene that best reveals the true character of Soo Min.

She explained, "Soo Min shed fake tears when she was cornered, as she is not a person who shows genuine her emotions in front of others. It was the only scene where Soo Min, who had lived a life of a lie, revealed her true self."

"After filming that scene, my throat started to ache, and it was such a heartbreaking scene that made it difficult for me to breathe while filming."

RB330o_2f.png

Commenting about how she improved as an actress, she said, "I gained so much as an actor. My acting range has widened. My personality is changing too. I used to be a person who didn't take up challenges, but playing Soo Min, I think it's good to take on a challenge even if you regret it."

Song also said she would like to play more villain roles, "I'm thinking of playing a villain again. I'm open to all [kinds of] roles."

Looking back on her memories from the time of filming, Song Ha Yoon choked back tears and even shed some. Then she smiled as if she  was embarrassed, and said, "These tears are an after-effect."

She jokingly said, "Song Ha Yoon is also a victim of Soo Min. It feels like Soo Min used me." She laughed.

Talking about her experience with her co-stars, she said, "It was all good. There were so many good things, so I learned from them and envied them. However, Soo Min's relationship with other people is like water and oil. To express that feeling, I felt like I shouldn't become too close to others, so I was alone on the set all the time. I had to be like that. If I became close to other actors, it might show in the drama. The viewers can notice such details easily." "Instead, I expressed my affection once in a while." "Min Young and I cried just by looking into each other's eyes. That's why we didn't meet a lot."

When asked about who was Ji Won to Soo Min, she said, "She loved her as a friend. I'm sure of that. And she also hated her. She was sincere when she said [to Ji Won], 'I love you,' and she was also sincere when she said, 'I wish you would disappear.' It was really complicated. There doesn't seem to be an answer."

When asked about who is the best villain in the drama, she said, "I didn't act thinking of Soo Min as a villain. She just lived a hard life, so why is she being criticized like this? (Laughs) I'm sorry, but to Soo Min, the villain was Ji Won."

Before this drama, Song Ha Yoon was an actress who did not enjoy as much popularity as she should have, considering her solid acting skills.

In regards to this, she said, "I think everyone has their own time," and "If I get angry when I see others succeeding early, it only makes me miserable, so I think it's important to stay healthy and seize the opportunity when it comes."

https://mydramalist.com/article/i-tortured-myself-marry-my-husband-song-ha-yoon-dishes-on-her-experience-acting-jung-soo-min

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, February 21, 2024
3 0

The tvN drama Marry My Husband concluded on February 20, scoring its highest nationwide rating of 11.95%. 

The K-drama commenced with a viewership of 5.21% and saw steady improvement throughout its run. It hit a double-digit nationwide rating for episode 10 (10.71%) and maintained the streak till the finale. 

Moreover, Marry My Husband has been among the most trending shows on Prime Video in countries across North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia. 

Bd3bA1_2f.png

Where to watch the K-drama Marry My Husband?

All the episodes of Marry My Husband are available to stream on Prime Video. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/marry-my-husband-concludes-scoring-highest-rating

• Like 3

Marry My Husband: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by solstices

Our fairytale turns the page to its final chapter, circling back to how it all began. With significant character growth and satisfying villain takedowns, the story remains imbued with magic to the very end, as our leads take their final steps towards a happily ever after.

EPISODES 15-16

After Min-hwan’s attempted strangulation and his well-deserved pummeling by Ji-hyuk, they wind up in a holding cell, where Ji-hyuk’s swiftly released and Min-hwan has to wheedle Yoo-ra into bailing him out. “You cry for fairness in a disadvantageous situation, but revel in your strength when you have the upper hand,” Ji-hyuk accurately points out, to the oblivious Min-hwan’s protests. In the aftermath, a deeply retraumatized Ji-won can barely stave off her panic, but the unwavering support of Joo-ran and Ji-hyuk eventually enable her to pull through.

Since Min-hwan has demonstrated his utter lack of remorse, it’s time for Ji-hyuk to pile on the pressure. The very next day, Min-hwan finds out that he’s been fired, and he needs to repay his company loans pronto. The clincher comes when Min-hyuk receives a copy of his company insurance policy, which allows him to claim 500 million won in the event of his spouse’s accidental death.

Driven to desperation by his debt, Min-hwan pays Yoo-ra a visit at her hotel suite, requesting for her to provide the means with which to take Soo-min out. That works out perfectly for Yoo-ra, since Soo-min is holding an incriminating voice recording over her head. With a little assistance, Min-hwan will take Soo-min out and go down for murder, allowing Yoo-ra to wash her hands of these pesky shrimps.

As for Soo-min, the wheels are also being set in motion. When Ji-hyuk asks to meet up, Soo-min preens at the perceived attention, but Ji-hyuk cuts to the chase. Pretending to sympathize with her plight, he suggests that they charge Min-hwan and Ji-won for adultery. She’ll get compensation, and he’ll get Ji-won back.

Soo-min smiles sweetly, before her gaze grows hard. She can’t understand why he dislikes her, to which Ji-hyuk delivers another astute observation. Soo-min is someone who only cares about herself, at the expense of everyone around her. “You aren’t trustworthy, so you don’t trust anyone, because you assume everyone is like you,” Ji-hyuk remarks, leaving Soo-min seething.

Soo-min may not trust Ji-hyuk, but above all, she can’t stand the thought that Ji-won is still more sought-after than her. Confronting Ji-won in the company building, Soo-min sneers at her for seducing her husband, but the self-assured Ji-won doesn’t back down in the slightest. “Why would I sleep with someone else’s man? It’s not like I’m you,” Ji-won retorts.

To rub salt into the wound, Ji-won “mistakenly” sends Soo-min texts addressed to Min-hwan, laughing over how no one takes Soo-min seriously anymore. Infuriated, Soo-min immediately calls Ji-hyuk to take him up on his offer, playing right into our leads’ hands.

Lured to the hotel by Ji-won, Soo-min barges into the suite room, believing she’s going to catch Min-hwan and Ji-won in the act. Instead, she finds herself living through Ji-won’s experience — Min-hwan and Yoo-ra are canoodling in bed, gloating over claiming Soo-min’s life insurance. Furious, Soo-min snaps photos of the cheating couple, but Yoo-ra’s secretary knocks her out cold.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/marry-my-husband-episodes-15-16-final/

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2024] Marry My Husband, 내 남편과 결혼해줘

[Beanie Review] Marry My Husband
by DB Staff

It’s your time to shine, Beanies! Add your voice to the community and help Dramabeans provide trustworthy fan(atic) reviews for people looking for their next drama.

Provide a quick review of this drama in the comments below for the benefit (or is that safety?) of others. Please keep your reviews as spoiler-free as possible and share your thoughts on the show’s overall quality, squee-factor, writing, etc. (Standard character limit applies).

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/beanie-review-marry-my-husband/

• Like 2

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (February 24, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

Marry My Husband: Thoroughly enjoyed this show, particularly in the way it took a fantastical webtoony revenge-romance premise and found the small human moments to give it a poignant sense of groundedness. Yes, it’s about time-traveling and revenge and the invisible hand of fate, but it took care to develop real emotional and character development, such as our heroine’s personal journey of self-discovery and some glimpses at twisted psychology in her arch-frenemy. The first ten episodes were perfection, and it stirred that feeling of fluttery excitement that only comes once in a blue drama moon, and had me entirely obsessed — this drama literally got me through tough weeks, and I’d find myself replaying favorite moments in my mind during tedious tasks and arduous work meetings. Episodes 12 through 15 veered somewhat south of perfect, and I was reminded once again not to jump the gun in making definitive judgments, and also to be extra appreciative of those rare shows that maintain their excellence through the very end. That said, this show had earned such goodwill through the first two-thirds that I was happy enough to close one eye to the makjang excesses of the Villainess Who Couldn’t Stop Herself and the Villainess Who Couldn’t Act. (One of those things was plotularly interesting; the other was decidedly not.) I was gratified when the ending sequence brought us back to that muted, heartfelt introspection that had made the earlier half such a standout, and all of the characters’ various endings felt fitting. (I wish we’d gotten to those endings with a bit more nuance and finesse, but am I going to look a gift prison sentence in the mouth? Nope.) Last but not least, the drama gave me newfound appreciation for my new dramaland boyfriend, Na In-woo, whose performance had me beelining to the internet to see if he’d fulfilled his military service yet and subsequently wailing to see we’re gonna be losing him soon. Well, one helluva way to leave your mark before the long goodbye!

missvictrix

Marry My Husband: Complaints (*cough* Yoo-ra) aside, I loved this ending. I loved how magical it was, and how it took its time to show us a true happily ever after. The main thread of a happy, meaningful life carried through the drama in such a lovely way, and I actually found it quite moving to contrast the misery and isolation of Ji-won’s original life to the joy and connection she’s able to experience by the end. (Also, everyone deserves to be loved the way Ji-hyuk loved her.)

Dramaddictally

Marry My Husband: I caught up in time for the finale! And what a delightful trainwreck it was. Admittedly, I got a little less interested in the story when the Yoo-ra character became so central (and the drama was one episode too long for me), but they hit every trope at a breakneck pace and I couldn’t turn away. I feel like there was a good balance of light and dark (or happy and crazy) all the way through. And even though a little part of me wants to complain about a few things, I can’t bring myself to do it. Overall, this was exactly what I needed right now. Plus, Na In-woo — I wasn’t really paying attention to him before, but I sure am now.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-february-24-2024/

by Lily Alice, February 23, 2024
7 0

Recently, Park Min Young had an interview at a café in Seoul for Marry My Husband, during which she shared her experiences and thoughts about her character and the K-drama. 

This marked her first media interview since the controversy that erupted two years ago. Park Min Young had previously addressed the issue with an apology at the press conference for Marry My Husband.

Talking about that, the actress said, "I don't want to turn that unpleasant incident into something that never happened. I wanted to convey my sincerity in not making the same mistake again." She added, "It might seem like a quick return [to the screen], but if I hadn't done it, there might not have been such an opportunity [as this one]."

Going on to talk about her experience, Park Min Young recalled the challenging process of transforming into Kang Ji Won, saying, "Initially, because my character was a terminally ill cancer patient, I got my weight down to 37kg. Because I only drank ion drinks, I had no strength. And when I screamed, I used to get tinnitus and would feel dizzy. Since I am not a great actress, I felt like I needed to break my body a little [deteriorate my health] to get a little closer to that feeling [of how a terminally ill cancer patient feels] when acting. Two weeks later, when I shouted after my body had strengthened [a bit], it felt so refreshing. Clear vocals came out. I thought I should approach it with this feeling when I [my character] went back to 10 years ago [in the drama]. The new Ji Won needed a more mature appearance because she [had returned after] experiencing death."

E5P3g7_2f.png

When asked why she chose Marry My Husband, Park Min Young stated that the message conveyed by the K-drama was the reason. She mentioned that she drew strength from the story of a woman who seeks happiness after being betrayed by her husband and best friend.

"There are times when you wish tomorrow would never come. I've felt that too. While working on the project, I kept telling myself, 'I am Kang Ji Won,' 'I can rise too.' Through this drama, I wanted to provide something interesting to those who are tired of [their] lives," she said.

When asked what Marry My Husband means to her, she said, "This is the project I got when I was experiencing the worst time [of my life]. In some ways, I thought I couldn't do it, so I met with the production company's CEO to politely decline. But the production company's CEO, CP, director, and writer said, 'It has to be Park Min Young.' They said they really wanted me to do it. It was an attempt at a project that I tried after someone advised me that it would be better to show myself more as an actor [especially] in times like this. I guess I already disappointed those who trusted me once. To not cause further disappointment, I worked even harder." "I wanted to show that I gave my all in every moment, and I wanted to surpass myself. Although I felt scratched [flawed or obstructed by setbacks in life] as a human, as an actress who has been acting for 20 years, I decided to [go with a] do-or-die [attitude] because I felt so dignified. There was also underwater filming, which I managed on my own. Therefore, it [the drama] feels even more meaningful." 

XdvEBd_2f.png

Talking about her character, Park Min Youn expressed she felt a kind of empathy towards Kang Ji Won. She said to The Korea Times, "I may seem extroverted but easily grow lonely inside. So when I felt Kang was always lonely, I felt a sense of empathy … (With the makeover scene,) that moment hit me. She could've looked like that all this time, but she didn't because she didn't live for herself. And reflecting on myself, I may always seem flashy, but I realized I've never really taken care of myself."

In response to the question, "Was there a reason for setting Ji Won's hairstyle to short hair," Park said, "In Marry My Husband, Ji Won's appearance was so similar to the character's smile in What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. I thought people might spot the resemblance, so I considered cutting my hair short. When I thought life hit rock bottom, I wanted to transform. It felt like living a new life, so I changed [my hairstyle] to a short haircut and also switched stylists to get a new look. However, there were communication issues in the middle, so I went back to the team I had worked with for ten years. I admit there was a point in the middle when the transformation attempt deviated a little from what was allowed for the drama. I think I was too fixated on the fashion trends of 2013. However, because the work itself is [in] fantasy [genre], I had the desire for a change, so that's what I intended." 

When asked if she is considering entering the United States, the actress replied, "I've auditioned before. ... Due to circumstances, I couldn't go in person, but during the COVID-19 period, I auditioned via Zoom. It was fun. [Now,] after forgetting about that for a while, I have gained the courage to go [about it] again and the desire to try, so I'm thinking about auditioning in earnest. I think it'll be fun. I have no fear of [acting in] foreign countries. It's the same even with [doing] unfamiliar things."

Lastly, when asked what she would like to do if she could go back to the past like Kang Ji Won, she expressed her desire to give herself a break in her 20s. She felt she had been too engrossed in her acting career and had dedicated all her time to work.

"If I were to go back, I would like to tell Park Min Young to take a break sometimes. If you run too fast, you might get tired, and if you hit a big wall, it will hurt just as much. So, I'd like to advise myself to stay strong and find happiness," she concluded.

https://mydramalist.com/article/i-thought-i-couldn-t-do-it-park-min-young-almost-rejected-offer-for-marry-my-husband

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20240310025408_Lee-Gikwang-Song-Ha-Yoon.Watch: Song Ha Yoon Reveals How She Prepared For “Marry My Husband” In “Knowing Bros” Preview

Mar 10, 2024
by E. Cha

“Marry My Husband” stars Song Ha Yoon and HIGHLIGHT’s Lee Gikwang are coming to “Knowing Bros” (“Ask Us Anything”)!

On March 9, the popular JTBC variety show aired a sneak peek of its next episode, which will feature the two actors as guests.

The preview begins with the “Knowing Bros” cast pretending to be scared as Song Ha Yoon and Lee Gikwang make a dramatic entrance and recite some of their famous lines from the hit drama.

After Song Ha Yoon screeches a line at the top of her lungs, Super Junior’s Kim Heechul remarks in shock, “Ha Yoon, that was so scary!”

Song Ha Yoon then reveals just how far she went in preparing for her buzzed-about role in the drama, recalling, “I deleted all of my photos on social media, I met with a profiler, and I even met with a psychiatrist.” Seo Jang Hoon comments in awe, “So you’re really an actor who puts in a lot of hard work.”

After Lee Gikwang shows off his dancing skills, the guests and cast members team up for a fun sketch in which they pretend to have gone back in time to 2014—in keeping with the time-travel premise of “Marry My Husband.”

Song Ha Yoon and Lee Gikwang’s episode of “Knowing Bros” will air on March 16 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out the full preview below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647593wpp/watch-song-ha-yoon-reveals-how-she-prepared-for-marry-my-husband-in-knowing-bros-preview

Marry My Husband” Cast Poses Together In Adorable Photos From Reward Vacation In Vietnam

Mar 14, 2024
by

“Marry My Husband” Cast Poses Together In Adorable Photos From Reward Vacation In Vietnam

Earlier in February, a representative of “Marry My Husband” announced that the cast and crew will go on a reward vacation to Vietnam starting from March 10.

On March 14, Lee Yi Kyung took to Instagram to share group shots of the “Marry My Husband” crew including Park Min Young, Na In Woo, and Choi Gyu Ri on their vacation to Vietnam.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20240324042514_Song-Ha-Yoon.jpg?s=900x60Song Ha Yoon Talks About Relating To Her “Marry My Husband” Character + Her Love Of Acting

Mar 24, 2024
by E. Cha

In a recent interview and pictorial for Arena Homme Plus magazine, Song Ha Yoon opened up about her experience starring in the hit drama “Marry My Husband.”

Song Ha Yoon earned rave reviews for her scene-stealing performance in as the villainous Jung Soo Min in “Marry My Husband,” and she even topped the list of the most buzzed-about drama actors in the show’s final week on air.

Reflecting on the dark and jealous character of Jung Soo Min, Song Ha Yoon remarked, “I do get it. Why [Soo Min] became that twisted. I think all people probably understand Soo Min’s inner nature. We simply don’t choose to live that way. I myself personally understand [how she feels], but I don’t choose to live like that—to give in to that twisted possessive desire.”

Song-Ha-Yoon-3.jpg

Song Ha Yoon also went on to share, “This drama made me realize that I truly, crazily love acting. Although I’ve been acting for 20 years now, I was able to solidify my love for acting with more certainty through this drama. A number of experiences actually strengthened my faith [in acting].”

Spoiler

Song-Ha-Yoon-4.jpg

Song-Ha-Yoon-2.jpg

Finally, the actress mused, “I often find myself thinking that the ‘flower path’ isn’t one piled with laurels, but rather the road that I’m walking right now. I think the little joys that I feel in between the struggles are the true flower path. And the journey of being able to continue this line of work is itself the flower path.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1650751wpp/song-ha-yoon-talks-about-relating-to-her-marry-my-husband-character-her-love-of-acting