[Drama 2024] Lovely Runner, 선재 업고 튀어

larus

Byeon Woo Seok Tries To Comfort Kim Hye Yoon With His Warm Embrace In "Lovely Runner"

Apr 16, 2024
by S Kim

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has dropped new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a new time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

Spoilers

Previously, Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol shared their first kiss that had viewers’ eyes glued to the screen. However, an unexpected twist unfolded toward the end as Im Sol, who could not remember what happened the night before, was suddenly brought back to the present time of 2023 when Kim Tae Sung (Song Geon Hee) asked her out. In particular, the sight of 34-year-old Im Sol—who was shocked at the unchanged future as she saw the news of Ryu Sun Jae’s death—and 18-year-old Im Sol—who responded to Kim Tae Sung’s confession by saying, “Yes,” came as a shock to viewers.

The newly released stills capture Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol deserted near a reservoir waterfront at night. The two are completely soaked in water, raising curiosity as to what will happen to them.

lovely-runner-01.jpeg

Ryu Sun Jae carefully checks on Im Sol to see if she is injured, and Im Sol looks at Sun Jae with teary eyes, pulling at veiwers’ heartstrings.

lovely-runner-02.jpeg

Then, Ryu Sun Jae embraces Im Sol in his arms tightly as if he is trying to comfort her. Viewers are left eager to find out what the incident is and how their relationship will change as a result of this incident.

lovely-runner-03.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1655169wpp/byeon-woo-seok-tries-to-comfort-kim-hye-yoon-with-his-warm-embrace-in-lovely-runner

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 4! :).

20240417024933_rating-0416.jpg?s=900x600

"Nothing Uncovered" And "Lovely Runner" Are Neck-And-Neck In Fierce Ratings Battle

The Monday-Tuesday ratings battle is fiercer than ever!

Episode 4 of tvN’s “Lovely Runner” also garnered an average nationwide rating of 3.4 percent. This is a similar score to its previous episode’s rating and personal best of 3.44 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1655369wpp/nothing-uncovered-and-lovely-runner-are-neck-and-neck-in-fierce-ratings-battle

• Like 1

Lovely Runner: Episodes 3-4

by Dramaddictally

Squee is down so that swoon can go up, and man does this drama do it right. Our lovely leads get closer this week, even as our hero realizes how far he’ll have to trek to reach his biggest fan. I was already prepared to follow these two actors anywhere on their own, but when they’re together I find them meltingly magnificent.

EPISODES 3-4

“If you were in another time, I’d jump over everything to come see you.” This drama is balancing epic dialogue and themes against sweet and breezy storytelling in a way that’s very hard to pull off — and it’s succeeding in the most satisfying way.

At the core, we’ve got a story about a fan and an idol, but this week, we dive into the differences between fan love and real love. That’s a heavy topic to take on, but Lovely Runner braids it into the plot so effortlessly that there’s nothing heavy-handed about it. And with the writer of True Beauty at the helm, I wouldn’t expect less.

Let’s start with Sun-jae’s confession. Much of the movement this week comes from Sun-jae trying to get up the nerve to tell Sol that he likes her. I mean, to be clear, his actions are speaking volumes — she’s the first person he looks up at when he wins the gold at his swim competition, and that’s before he gives her his jacket on their walk home. (Gah!) But, if he doesn’t spit out the words, our heroine is just not going to read the signs.

On top of that, Sun-jae gets this line of advice from his friend: “Liking you as a man isn’t the same as being your fan.” Here’s that theme I was talking about. It’s the first indication we get that Sun-jae is starting to understand the true distance that exists between him and Sol. She keeps saying she’s devoted to him — as a fan (his “swim” fan, that is) — but he has a crush on the girl next door. This becomes the tender center of the conflict as Sun-jae tries to be seen as a regular guy underneath his gleam.

His first shot at saying, “I like you,” goes up in flames when they visit a photo booth and Sol tries to live out her dreams of cutesy pics with her bias. Sun-jae is just a teen boy at this point, with no idol training, and he’s not so into making hearts with his hands. But, when the camera snaps, he does it for her (and they may be making half hearts, but my whole heart stopped when he did this). He’s ready to confess, but she cuts him off — because she’s more concerned with the images the machine is spitting out than the moment they’re living together.

Each time he tries to tell her, Sol finds a way to accidentally intercede. There’s a tremendous scene (with falling flower petals, lol), where their like for each other is so strong — a.k.a. the anxiety is so high! — they totally botch everything with miscommunication.

Sun-jae says he doesn’t want her to be his fan anymore. This is the lead in to the fact that he wants to be her boyfriend. But Sol freaks out at the idea of not being by his side as a fan, and offers to be friends instead. It’s the only way she can think of to stay near him — but he takes it as a rejection. (And can we please just talk about how real the emotional uncertainty is here?)

When he finally succeeds, Sol is drunk. She’s unintentionally slurped up some home brew from Sun-jae’s dad and stumbled onto her idol while he’s alone by the pool one night. Wobbly and flirtatious, she keeps getting closer to him until the moment she falls back and he catches her around the waist. Upright, she puts her hand on his cheek (like she’s about to kiss him) and he decides the timing is right.

He tells her he likes her and she responds: “Keep smiling like this. I’ll be by your side. When you’re struggling, I won’t let you feel alone. I won’t let you think dark thoughts. I’ll stay by your side your whole life.” To Sun-jae it sound like a love confession and he plants his lips on hers immediately.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/lovely-runner-episodes-3-4/

• Like 2

On 4/16/2024 at 11:52 AM, bibianni19 said:

Omg i m addicted to this drama...its an agony to wait for new ep next week...both leads are so cute and have good chemistry. and the time travel plot is interesting too. 

The time travel plot is certainly very interesting. The creators of this drama and web novel was creative. I did not expect to enjoy watching episode 4.

i had to watch episode 4 before commenting on this weeks episode. Episode 3 started off on a good note. Im Sol is having the time of her life, spending time with Sun Jae. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a31ot4413yakrs8hri

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7m9kd2ngjoaqjjl4y6k

thinking of Im Sol. He just can’t help himself . lol 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7m9kd2ngjoaqjjl4y6k

I have started the webtoon at Tapa’s 

Tomorow’s if anyone is interested in checking it out Here.  It seems it a bit different from the webtoon and still interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I just finished ep 4. I like this drama. I laughed a few times. I don`t find the toilet jokes funny but there were some other good comedy moments. The funny scenes blend well with the melancholic moments. I was not expecting to see Im Sol to go back on her timeline but I knew why she had to. She will find clues of what happened to her in the accident and why Sung Jae died. I had my doubts that Sun jae killed himself but now I know it was not the case. Who rang the doorbell before he 'killed himself'? Sol was not the last person Sun jae talked that night. I suspect CEO Kim (he looks fishy for some reasons). Who was the person in that taxi?  That person hit Im Sol with the car? Why? 

I like when Sol said to herself in the end of ep4...."It was my memory that I lost or it is you?"

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, larus said:

I just finished ep 4. I like this drama. I laughed a few times. I don`t find the toilet jokes funny but there were some other good comedy moments. The funny scenes blend well with the melancholic moments. I was not expecting to see Im Sol to go back on her timeline but I knew why she had to. She will find clues of what happened to her in the accident and why Sung Jae died. I had my doubts that Sun jae killed himself but now I know it was not the case. Who rang the doorbell before he 'killed himself'? Sol was not the last person Sun jae talked that night. I suspect CEO Kim (he looks fishy for some reasons). Who was the person in that taxi?  That person hit Im Sol with the car? Why? 

I like when Sol said to herself in the end of ep4...."It was my memory that I lost or it is you?"

I'm starting to think the same thing - Sun Jae didn't commit suicide, he was pushed.

As we've been shown already with the picture, Im Sol is slowly changing the past, I can see her doing just what she said in the latest episode, she'll get to him first back in the future and save him from whoever it was that attacked him on the balcony.

I'm really enjoying this drama

• Like 2

After watching episode 4, I am left with a question because I thought it was weird that younger Im Sol dower remembers what older Im Sol does? Someone answered my questions that , Older Im Sol’s visit didn’t happen but how is that possible? Who was the one who saved  younger Im Sol before her visit? Am I right? Or is it after older Im Sol’s visit

In the drama we find out that Sun Jae did meet younger Im Sol but she clearly bumped into him when he was returning her mail to him??? So what was the purpose of showing their first encounter before Old Im Sol times traveled to the past. 

Sun Jae’s debut song 

this song is certainly about Im Sol

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

20240421000705_Lovely-Runner-6.jpg?s=9004 Things Kim Hye Yoon Does To Try To Change Byeon Woo Seok's Future In Episodes 3-4 Of "Lovely Runner"

Apr 21, 2024
by andyzar

It’s only week two of “Lovely Runner” but so much is happening already in this incredible new K-drama that you barely keep up the pace to Im Sol (Kim Hye Yoon) and Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok) on the race of time and fate. As Im Sol is on an almost impossible feat to change the future and save the person she loves, there’s little she wouldn’t do to achieve her goal. Here are four of the most important moments where she tries to potentially make a change in her life and Ryu Sun Jae’s.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 3-4 below! 

1. Warning Ryu Sun Jae to not compete in his swimming match

This week’s episode starts with Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok) and Im Sol (Kim Hye Yoon) discussing her more than suspicious actions towards him. It’s a conversation that ends up with her half-way confessing her fears of him being injured during the competition, which in the future will hinder his possibilities as a swimmer. What she doesn’t know, and what we find out later in this episode, is the depth of his feelings for her, which started without her even knowing. As he is dead set on winning a medal to later on declare his feelings, he assures her that everything will be alright. And Sol decides to trust him, both of them oblivious to the consequences of this.

But he really wins a medal and asks Sol out on a sweet date, in which he tries multiple times to confess his feelings, making everybody’s hearts flutter in the process, everyone’s except Sol’s at least. But despite trying his best, even having help from his best friend, Sun Jae fails to convey his feelings, and Sol instead offers to be friends. Sadly, this cheerful tone changes once they discover that Sun Jae injured his shoulder and that he will never be a professional swimmer again. This further fuels Sol’s worst fears that she can’t do anything to change the past – and in consequence – prevent Sun Jae’s death.

2. Supporting him as a devoted fan but accidentally missing Sun Jae’s confession

Despite the terrible news, Sol doesn’t give up that easily and starts to do what any devoted fan would do: take care of her bias. From giving away cupcakes, to feeding him nutritious food, she makes sure that Sun Jae has proper support in a difficult moment in his life, hoping that this will make him remember their times together and bring him comfort. This is also after she prevents a fire at her house, giving her some hope of actually being able to change the past despite being unable to tell anybody about it.

lovely-runner3_c3a468.jpeg

To anyone who sees her, she is the perfect and most successful fan in the world, but to Sun Jae this only adds to his frustration as he isn’t able to see her or thank her personally. However, as a gesture of kindness, his father gives her a jar of liquor that she mistakes as fruit tea, and Sol ends up getting drunk. Though the drunken scene is rather cliché, it serves its purpose, giving the main leads the chance to confess their feelings and share their first kiss. But as unfair as it seems, fate once again plays its dirty tricks, and the moment she is about to hear his confession (because of course she can’t remember what happened), she is tossed back to the future, where Sol painfully realizes that nothing has changed.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1655853wpp/4-things-kim-hye-yoon-does-to-try-to-change-byeon-woo-seoks-future-in-episodes-3-4-of-lovely-runner

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (April 20, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

Lovely Runner: As much as I hate the wait for new episodes (years of live-watching dramas has cultivated not an ounce of patience within me), knowing I had two new hours to look forward to got me through a fair bit of work-induced Sturm und Drang this week. (Aside: It makes me think wistfully upon the days of being here full-time, which was still the best and most rewarding job I’ve ever had, and while I have no regrets about the paths my life has taken me on, it makes that time even more precious in my memories. *tear*) The first two episodes already had me hooked, but I particularly loved the direction the story took this week in deepening the characters’ connection and up-leveling Sol’s struggles when trying to change the past. I was willing to accept what initially was presented as a coincidental, fateful meet-sad (aka the radio call) because dramaland stories are full of those and some amount of implausibly convenient connections is standard fare, but the new developments fit the plot pieces together into something much less happenstance and a lot more heartbreaking. I feel so much for Sun-jae that I’m retroactively a bit sorry for finding Byun Woo-seok so thoroughly unremarkable in Record of Youth, although to be fair that was really a writing fail more than an acting one. And isn’t what really matters that I see the appeal now?

missvictrix

Lovely Runner: What a great second week for this drama. I was slack-jawed when the story sent Sol back to the present day again — it just changed the whole scope of the story that I was expecting, and I love the upped ante and the fact that Sol is basically fighting against her past self to keep Sun-jae safe in the future. Because, keep Sun-jae safe! I love this boy.

mistyisles

Lovely Runner: This show makes me all kinds of happy, even as it puts my heart through the wringer with Sun-jae’s life-changing injury and Sol’s feelings of helplessness when all her efforts to save him seem to fall short. It’s got the perfect balance of silly sweetness and serious depth, where the darker themes don’t weigh the whole thing down, and likewise the comedy doesn’t weaken the emotional impact (in fact, sometimes it enhances it!). Waiting for new episodes is torture, but unlike some shows it’s not so much because I’m impatient to find out how it ends — it’s because I want to savor every second of the journey towards (what I desperately hope will be) that happy ending.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-april-20-2024/

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Sun Jae’s debut song 

this song is certainly about Im Sol

I thought that the song ment something for Sun Jae and Im Sol`s relationship when I heard it the first time. It was cute that they were listening to this song when he confesed his feelings. 🥰

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

As we've been shown already with the picture, Im Sol is slowly changing the past, I can see her doing just what she said in the latest episode, she'll get to him first back in the future and save him from whoever it was that attacked him on the balcony.

We all hope for a happy ending for them. I wonder what happened with Tae-Sung too. Im Sol  remembers that he dropped out of school and we see that he has his own issues. I hope he will have a better ending too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Am watching ep 2 as per request of my dongsaeng @4evrkdrama but I just can't get into the groove of it.

I just find Im Sol childish and too impulsive. She's supposed to be over 30 years old but when she goes back into her teenage self, she acts without thinking and just blabbers anything. It's just not believable for a 30 year old to be that immature. Does she get any better in ep 3 and 4?

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Am watching ep 2 per request of my dongsaeng @4evrkdrama but I just can't get into the groove of it.

I just find Im Sol childish and too impulsive. She's supposed to be over 30 years old but when she goes back into her teenage self, she acts without thinking and just blabbers anything. It's just not believable for a 30 year old to be that immature. Does she get any better in ep 3 and 4?

I think Im Sol is supposed to act like this because she never actually grew up/ matured after her accident. I believe Im Sol did not mature at all and her childishness will be what get her closer to Sun Jae. If you continue to watch you will notice she never did mature. Even her room looked like a teenager room in my opinion. @partyon

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

If you continue to watch you will notice she never did mature. Even her room looked like a teenager room in my opinion. @partyon

That's the first thing I noticed in ep 1, chingu.... :unamused:

I can buy your theory about her having never grown up, but she isn't even acting as a 17 year old. She's more like a 12 year old.

Yeah, I know, this is a super popular drama but something about it just annoys the heck out of me. :joy:

Sorry @4evrkdrama , I think I'm gonna drop it. I'll let Yoongi do it for me.

Min Yoongi Mic Drop GIF by BTS

• LOL 3

4 Unforgettable "Lovely Runner" Episode Endings With Kim Hye Yoon And Byeon Woo Seok

Apr 21, 2024
by S Nam

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” is capturing viewers’ attention with its heart-fluttering romance!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a new time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

Ahead of the upcoming episodes, “Lovely Runner” reflected on the heart-fluttering episode ending scenes so far!

Spoilers

Episode 1 – Umbrella

lovely-runner-1-.jpeg

The ending of the first episode depicted 19-year-old Ryu Sun Jae holding an umbrella out for Im Sol, who was crying in the rain. When Im Sol saw her bias Ryu Sun Jae smile, she became emotional and began to tear up. Ryu Sun Jae shielded Im Sol from the rain with his umbrella as if to comfort her. The scene also mirrored how 34-year-old Ryu Sun Jae in present time shielded Im Sol with an umbrella on the Hangang Bridge.

Episode 2 – First love

lovely-runner-2-1.jpeg

In the following episode, the ending captivated viewers by revealing that Ryu Sun Jae’s first love is Im Sol. Before Im Sol became Ryu Sun Jae’s passionate fan, 19-year-old Ryu Sun Jae fell in love with Im Sol at first sight, highlighting how the two are connected in more ways than one over a span of 15 years.

Episode 3 – Time slip

Although Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol shared a heart-fluttering kiss, Im Sol shockingly traveled back to present time after being asked out by Kim Tae Sung (Song Geon Hee) and once more heard news of 34-year-old Ryu Sun Jae’s passing, leaving viewers in great shock at the unexpected twist.

Episode 4 – Im Sol’s savior

Through the most recent episode, it was revealed at the ending that Ryu Sun Jae saved Im Sol from an accident in the past. With the two trying their best to save one another and being each other’s shining beacon of hope, viewers can’t help but anticipate their romance going forward.

The next episode of “Lovely Runner” will air on April 22 at 8:25 p.m. KST, which is 25 minutes earlier than its usual broadcast time of 8:50 p.m. KST due to the broadcast of the AFC U-23 Asian Cup.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656179wpp/4-unforgettable-lovely-runner-episode-endings-with-kim-hye-yoon-and-byeon-woo-seok

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, larus said:

4 Unforgettable "Lovely Runner" Episode Endings With Kim Hye Yoon And Byeon Woo Seok

How many umbrella scenes have we had in total during the first 4 episodes?

8effd58bb28ba6e0a150cd3697f80f3b6ffbcf7d

• LOL 3

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

How many umbrella scenes have we had in total during the first 4 episodes?

Many. I did not count.

• LOL 3

27 minutes ago, larus said:

Many. I did not count.

I saw at least 3 or 4. Could have been more :D

19070167.gif

Am sorry, but could kdramas come up with a new trope soon? :D

I just don't find them the least bit romantic. Or realistic. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1