Developed by: Jung Hoe-seok

Production Company/s: Barunson Studio, Hi Ground

Episodes: 16

Director/s: Shin Woo-cheol, Jung Yeo-jin

Writer/s: Im Sung-han

Release Date: June 24, 2023 – present

Runtime: Sat - Sun @ 2110KST

NOTES

The series was originally titled Fairy Durian (선녀 두리안; Seonnyeo Durian). Filming began soon after the script reading of the cast, which was held on February 15, 2023.

OST

PLOT

Two women from a noble family in the Joseon dynasty get entangled with men through time travel to the year 2023, the present.

CAST

Park Joo-mi as Du Ri-an

A woman from Joseon who looks gentle and nice, but is strong and tough in spirit.

Choi Myung-gil as Baek Do-i / Madam Kim

Baek Do-i: a member of chaebol Dan family, and is the chairwoman of its conglomerate.[7]

Madam Kim: Ri-an's mother-in-law.

Kim Min-jun as Dan Chi-gam / Dol-soe

Dan Chi-gam: Do-i's second son who is the heir of the Dan family.[15]

Dol-soe: Ri-an's parent's farmhand

Han Da-gam as Lee Eun-seong

Chi-gam's wife.

Jeon No-min as Dan Chi-gang / Nobleman Kim

Dan Chi-gang: Do-i's first son who is the director of a maternity hospital.[17]

Nobleman Kim: Madam Kim's father.

Yoon Hae-young as Jang Se-mi

Chi-gang's wife.

Ji Young-san as Dan Chi-jung / Park Il-soo

Dan Chi-jung: Do-i's youngest son who is the representative of a golf club.[20]

Park Il-soo: Ri-an's husband.

Yoo Jeong-hu as Dan Deung-myung / Park Eon

Dan Deung-myung: Chi-gang and Se-mi's son who is a famous actor.[19]

Park Eon: Ri-an's son.

Lee Da-yeon as Kim So-jeo

Ri-an's daughter-in-law.

Kim Chae-eun as Ayla

A popular anchor.

Hwang Mi-na as Go Woo-mi

Chi-jung's bride-to-be who is an actress.

Kwak Min-ho as Joo-nam

Se-mi's cousin who is a TV production director.

POSTERS

g_gPi90vcNvRjeclrqGtkCP5HYRIQZBPoIuu5_16

IGTTi2T0HUum_piOZ1hA_OubU9xt-eEIGC0PyMTp

TEASERS / TRAILERS

SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA & MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4

I gave up after the 4-5 episode. Too confusing and also too hackneyed notion : good: feminine (maternal), classy, conventional Joseon ladies vs. bad sterile,  overly westernised, dog- mum, youth-fixated old woman, lesbian today's women.

After Perfect stranger, I needed a break from time travel. But always, curious about the ending. I think Du Ri An will go back to Joseon, maybe takes back the ML and the actor son will end up with his previous wife, true love and all that. 

Will pop in later. Much later :smile:

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am on ep.8 and it's getting interesting.  I like the plot but don't really like how this drama run, just so so slow:(  I don't like how the first daughter in law being a lesbian OMG.   Hope the writer will know how to make it interesting towards the end.  keep my finger across:hooray2:

The wedding night between Rian and her husband...poor girl... But looks like he was a good guy... :unsure:

I laughed so much...this duo is so hilarious...

both women are strong and smart...

F1nNAY1aMAAiaXh?format=webp&name=360x360

Mr. Dan gave RIan the binyeo, that was so thoughtful... 

ES is so annoying when she calls her husband Ohyiji's dad...  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

As usual, Phoebe has me rooting for her madness :sweat_smile:. A possessed household manager, cousins fighting over one woman, she makes the absurd beautiful!

After episode 13, I am not sure who I want to end up with Do Yi. Is the best outcome with possessive daughter in law, or with the director who is happy to live out the story of the dramas he makes? Two episodes earlier, I wanted Daughter and Mother in law together, now I don't know. Lol!

• LOL 1

Do Yi and the Director

I like how their relationship is developing but Im not sure if she is just lonely and enjoys his company. 

It seems that Doyi is not completely indifferent to Semi. 

Semi....she literally pushed her son into an unhappy marriage. 

Deung Myung...I dont know if he is stupid or he is a coward :rolleyes:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Do Yi and the Director

I like how their relationship is developing but Im not sure if she is just lonely and enjoys his company. 

It seems that Doyi is not completely indifferent to Semi. 

Didn't she celebrate quite an advanced birthday in the first episode? 
The woman is too idle, she should be strengthening their companies.

So this show is showing us that women are free to do what they want? DY, 2 DILs and 1 dog do not work, don't they? Hardly a model of feminism. DY inherited from the husband. The first DIL or SM does not work either. The second DIL mothers a dog. :surprisedwut:

I am going to guess the ending. The son DM will be reincarnated in an era, and his wife of course will follow suit. 

The second son? I didn't watch enough, but I thought they cheated in Joseon because the husband was non performing, guessing they are going to do it again because the wife is a dog-mother, sterile. :phew:

The mother? Can't guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maribella said:

I am going to guess the ending. The son DM will be reincarnated in an era, and his wife of course will follow suit. 

The second son? I didn't watch enough, but I thought they cheated in Joseon because the husband was non performing, guessing they are going to do it again because the wife is a dog-mother, sterile. :phew:

The mother? Can't guess.

I dont watch makjang dramas so I cant even imagine what will happen.   :D

I guess Rian and SJ will go back to the Joseon era where they belong.

I would like if Rian would hug her son at least once. 

they got married...  nice...  :approves:

F22dXNNWUAAnAnD?format=webp&name=small

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I dont watch makjang dramas so I cant even imagine what will happen.   :D

I guess Rian and SJ will go back to the Joseon era where they belong.

I would like if Rian would hug her son at least once. 

they got married...  nice...  

This show is too unbelievable for me to watch week by week. 
Who got married? 

The matriach and the director.

I know some people think carefree lives are to aim for. If you have worked your life or slogging daily then a carefree life should be your reward. But she has not worked at all, probably be the elegant hostess for her husband. No wonder she spends her time leading the pampered life. But she'll wake up one day to find out her surgery does not work anymore.

8 hours ago, maribella said:

The matriach and the director.

I know some people think carefree lives are to aim for. If you have worked your life or slogging daily then a carefree life should be your reward. But she has not worked at all, probably be the elegant hostess for her husband. No wonder she spends her time leading the pampered life. But she'll wake up one day to find out her surgery does not work anymore.

I understood that she, after the death of her husband, continued to build the company and that  is why 

she is a chairwoman.  :unsure:

Anyway, the wedding is completely unrealistic but I think it will be successful.   :D

:fullofhearts:

F251qAsbkAAH954?format=webp&name=360x360

F251pwja4AAkzUp?format=webp&name=360x360

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

understood that she, after the death of her husband, continued to build the company and that  is why 

she is a chairwoman.  :unsure:

Ok, I don't understand Korean corporates.

They have the Chairman, President, VPs, CEO too. She seemed to be horse riding,  partying even nightclubbing. Then going to work. At that age, she'll get vertigo. :D. I think the chairman has the most shares and the CEO plus the directors do the donkey work.

Alright, I'll move on. I am old fashion, there must be some propriety if you are heading a corporation. 
Two more episodes I think..

Who-is-that-fan-twirling woman? She is strange.

• Like 3

Writernim!! 

My ambition now is to appear on one of her dramas!:D

Writernim lays down that dialogue and next thing you know, I'm firmly behind that lightning speed marriage!

I can't believe I used to roll my eyes at her dramas (hello Princess Aurora!), like, "OMG! Makjang belongs to halmeonis!!" I'm a fan!:joy:

• LOL 3

Ok there is another episode and now the second son found out his old self from the fan twirling shaman. 

The lesbian DIL is quite strange, why is she still staying in the marriage? To be close to the MIL? Too late, she is married to the director.

The youngest son who was the husbandvof DRA in Joseon is now confessing his feelings too. 

The grandson while enjoying his time with SJ is still talking marriage plans with his fiancee. A cheater in the making.

This is a confusing show. I can't even guess what the underlying theme is.

• Confused 1

I really need the subs. 

The grandma became insane, karma for killing the ML in Joseon time.

But her youngest son got cuckolded? His daughter is not his daughter. He wasn't a bad guy in Joseon.

What happened to DRA? The grandma's husband vanished?