[drama 2006] Shin Don 신돈

Guest Angel4you

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pyoungsang

Uh... I actually think the contrary. Korean producers nowadays willingly do a mess with history to score in the ratings, whereas I've been impressed with some of the things I've seen on CCTV and Hunan-Tv the last 4-5 years. I might just base this on my Chinese friends, but they're OBSESSED about historical detail, and the stuff I've seen on various history-themed forums aren't too different. OK maybe HK or Taiwan sageuk are a mess, but the mainland ones seem to respect history in a way I haven't seen done in Korean sageuk in... uh almost a decade? Save the few Jeong Ha Yeon. Watch Da Ming Wang Chao 1566, Han Wu Da Di, The Great Revival, any of Hu Mei or Chen Jialin's works really. That's the trifecta... good script, great production values and historical value.

Frankly of the last five years, you can count the Korean sageuk with a respectable quotient of historical value on your hands. Shin Don, 8 Days, Conspiracy in the Court, Sayukshin, Age of Warriors... that's about it. Things like Emperor of the Sea, Seo Dong Yo, Dae Jo Young are just fantasy filled action flicks with a touch of history. Even Immortal Lee Soon Shin is filled with inaccuracy. Entertaining? Yes. Educational? Eh.

Korean history, on the other hand, is only now beginning to be considered independently of Chinese history, and beginning to be interpolated into the broader context of world history<--- that sort of itches me the wrong way. Unless you meant "by mainstream quasi-historians."

꺼벙이, or should I call you ... eh ... nevermind ... I also did get a few hair raised when I read the last sentence. ONLY NOW BECOMING CONSIDERED INDEPENDENTLY??? Maybe to foreigners (especially westerners) ... anyway, I have to check out your subs just out of curiosity. But I do agree, most of saguks nowdays are pretty much fantasy ... some more so than others. I thought I was going to throw up in the first couple of episodes of Hong Gil Dong, if you know what I mean ... Disco balls and bikini bras made out of silk??? Uhh ... no. I guess that's just so overboard that it's obviously fantasy but still ... guess I'm just too old fashioned.

Guest souichi

Sorry, but the fact is that the damage done by the dictatorship to Korean studies did not suddenly heal overnight. And as distasteful as it might be, international peer review is, in almost all cases, carried out in English. Peer review exists so that legitimacy and consensus may be achieved... If it's a matter of personal pride to expose Korean drama to non-Koreans via English subtitles, it should be just as much a matter of pride to share Korean history. Unless of course you want to argue with the Germans over who invented movable type until doomsday.

Guest puela

I will upload the whole thing.. but still working on the files.. so while the subs are getting done I figured I have sometime. Too many dramas and this is one is 60+ episodes ... but I will put up MU Links for all episodes.. just give me sometime ok :)

Guest 꺼벙이

patieeence folks. We'll complete the series. We're at 6, by the time we get to 14 there'll be other eps up to download and down that path.

Guest puppylove

i'm just wondering where i can get the raw sindon files....some clubboxes have the files, but it's uber slow.

today i uploaded episode 15 (raw) (it took forever to get!) in case the subbers couldn't get a hold of it. i know it's a long way off, but it may help :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59RAHV53

:D

Guest thunderbolt

Thanks for the upload, puppylove. :)

WITH S2 has all the episodes, so it's just a matter of uploading them. We do have many ongoing projects and Shin Don is a long drama. There's plenty of time and the links for an episode will definitely be up before that episode is subbed. Rest assured the WITH S2 uploaders are working very hard. Thanks for your patience.

Guest puppylove

Thanks for the upload, puppylove. :)

WITH S2 has all the episodes, so it's just a matter of uploading them. We do have many ongoing projects and Shin Don is a long drama. There's plenty of time and the links for an episode will definitely be up before that episode is subbed. Rest assured the WITH S2 uploaders are working very hard. Thanks for your patience.

no problem

i'd love to have the raw files if anyne has them

• 2 weeks later...

Archived