[drama 2006] Shin Don 신돈

Guest Angel4you

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thunderbolt

The camel~ Best Non-Vocal Supporting Performance of 2006.

You mean the camel doesn't speak the rest of the series? Dang! :D

Don't you love that close-up of his eye? I was completely mesmerized! Aren't those little details wonderful? There's obviously a lot of thought and care going into the sets and props (and supporting cast, four-legged ones included...^^).

I'm gonna rewatch some of the ep 1 scenes again. ㅋㅋ

Guest 꺼벙이

You mean the camel doesn't speak the rest of the series? Dang! :D

Don't you love that close-up of his eye? I was completely mesmerized! Aren't those little details wonderful? There's obviously a lot of thought and care going into the sets and props (and supporting cast, four-legged ones included...^^).

I'm gonna rewatch some of the ep 1 scenes again. ㅋㅋ

The camel kicks @ss later. It's not just there for the hell of it. Deep meaning~

Wait till they get to Tibet. Cross the desert... ahwww. Just rewatching this gives me chills.

Ep.2 work in progress right now.

Guest souichi

Thanks to the uploaders who are putting these on megaupload, and thanks to WITHS2 for this, and all the other fantastic projects that they have done!

The average quality of WITHS2 releases is EXCEPTIONAL. I own a huge pile of "official" dvd's of Korean dramas, and the WITHS2 subs are all far beyond what KBS, MBC, and, ugh, YAE are serving up.

Special thanks to thunderbolt for all sorts of stuff!

pokute

Guest thunderbolt

Thanks to the uploaders who are putting these on megaupload, and thanks to WITHS2 for this, and all the other fantastic projects that they have done!

The average quality of WITHS2 releases is EXCEPTIONAL. I own a huge pile of "official" dvd's of Korean dramas, and the WITHS2 subs are all far beyond what KBS, MBC, and, ugh, YAE are serving up.

Special thanks to thunderbolt for all sorts of stuff!

pokute

Hey pokute, great to see you here. Thanks for supporting Shin Don. :P And thanks for your feedback on ep 1 subs too. *wink*

Some ep 2 screencaps. (Softsubs by WITH S2)

Oh Man Seok's eyes are like saucers, no thanks to the shenanigans that Son Chang Min's character is so capable of, lol.

snapshot20080405171024.jpg

snapshot20080405171136.jpg

snapshot20080405171202.jpg

Princess Deoknyeong, mother of sickly King Chungmok.

snapshot20080405171408.jpg

snapshot20080405171456.jpg

Many of my favorite scenes in this episode were of the monks.

snapshot20080405171620.jpg

snapshot20080405172153.jpg

snapshot20080405172350.jpg

snapshot20080405172420.jpg

snapshot20080405172442.jpg

Haha, he's back!

snapshot20080405172624.jpg

snapshot20080405172609.jpg

screencaps by thunderbolt

Guest daddict

Puela and Annchong,

What program do I use or how do I join the split files back together? By the way, I was trying to play part 2 of Episode 7 but found that file is bad. Can you please verify?

Please disregard above question. The recommended Hj-Split works great!

Thanks!

Guest Hanjae

What program do I use or how do I join the split files back together?

Thanks!

Download HJSplit, put all the files in the same folder, run the program and click "Join", select the correct .001 file, and it'll join all of them for you.

Guest souichi

Woah, episode 2 already?! You guys are awesome!!

I'm reserving comment on the show itself until I've seen a few episodes. I will say that the first episode seems to rely too heavily on "close-ups", which makes me worry that the action was not well-planned in advance. But since X rated the show so highly, I will stick it out, assuming that it will pay off ;^)

Guest kawaiigarden

Thanks a lot for this explanation on this drama and a big thanks to WITH S2, I'm an historical drama addict and you sub a lots of them recently, so thank you.

Guest thunderbolt

I'm reserving comment on the show itself until I've seen a few episodes. I will say that the first episode seems to rely too heavily on "close-ups", which makes me worry that the action was not well-planned in advance. But since X rated the show so highly, I will stick it out, assuming that it will pay off ;^)

Oh, I love the close-ups, especially the one of the camel's eye.^^ I thought those details were really cool.

Compared to ep 1, ep 2 was lighter in tone (and funnier). Wonderful chemistry between Son Chang Min and Oh Man Seok. I'm loving the drama so far, and X's translation ROCKS! :w00t:

Found this synopsis of Shin Don at koreandrama.org and it seems to suggest that Shin Don's character is going to get deliciously complicated. :ph34r:

Synopsis

King Gongmin of Goryeo was taken by the Yuan Dynasty as a political hostage and was forced to stay there for 10 years before coming to the throne. After he became the King of Goryeo, he decided to make his country more independent. Shin Don was a Buddhist priest who enjoyed King Gongmin’s confidence. He was born as the son of a princess and a slave. Shin Don became so powerful that later he gained absolute control over the country. Though he was a Buddhist priest, he relied on political power more than compassion or loving kindness in order to survive the troubled times. He was an innovative philosopher who both despised and worshipped all the established ideas. While some people considered him a man blinded by greed for power, others believed that he was a true social reformer who struggled to revive Goryeo during a period of turmoil. This drama will introduce viewers to Shin Don’s ambitious life full of ups and downs, as well as the love and betrayal of King Gongmin and Princess Noguk.

Shin Don is one of the most disputed historical figures. He could be a mere vicious Buddhist priest or he could be a hero. Since there are many different stories about him and the truth remains unknown, his life seems almost mythical. The drama portrays him as a schemer obsessed with power, willing to resort to trickery. On the other hand, it also shows him as a revolutionist who tries to create a democratic power structure. Religion was his ideal; however, it was also his tool of seizing political power and winning popular support.

Guest hummer75

puela: Are you going to complete episodes 6-8-10-13-14 of Shin Don??? I sure hope you do. I'm very new to this and are having a hard time tying in uploads, downloads and suptitles. But I am learning how to do this. I thank you in advance for your support and hard work.

Archived