[Drama 2024] Queen of Divorce/Great Problem Solver, 끝내주는 해결사

larus

Here is the ratings for Episode 1! :).

“Like Flowers In Sand” Ends On Its Highest Ratings + “Queen Of Divorce” Joins Race

“Like Flowers In Sand” Ends On Its Highest Ratings + “Queen Of Divorce” Joins Race

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Queen of Divorce” premiered to an average nationwide rating of 3.3 percent.

“Queen of Divorce” follows the story of Sara Kim (Lee Ji Ah), Korea’s greatest divorce problem solver, and eccentric lawyer Dong Ki Joon (Kang Ki Young) as they fearlessly bring justice to “bad spouses” with their solutions.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1640329wpp/like-flowers-in-sand-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-queen-of-divorce-joins-race

9 hours ago, partyon said:

Anyone catch the first episode?

I'll just say this. Lee Ji Ah's character chose to defend a domestic abuser. All so she can be accepted in a law chaebol family. Once MIL told her she won't be accepted, she dedided to do the right thing. Imagine if MIL didn't take back her word. She'll continue defending a domestic abuser.  

• Shocked 1

• partyon changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Queen of Divorce/Great Problem Solver, 끝내주는 해결사 - Lee Ji Ah & Kang Ki Young-Wed&Thu
2 hours ago, kboramint said:

I'll just say this. Lee Ji Ah's character chose to defend a domestic abuser. All so she can be accepted in a law chaebol family. Once MIL told her she won't be accepted, she dedided to do the right thing. Imagine if MIL didn't take back her word. She'll continue defending a domestic abuser.  

Yep. And then the show went full on homophobic. TT Do they not know the amount of BL fans?

I was going to let the show slide, but it tripled down on it in the weirdest ways possible.

First, it equates gay people to drug users. But then the drugs depicted seem weirdly off because it has an IV bag.

Then all of the gay people in the bar are dressed exactly the same. WTH. Are you serious show? Are you serious that all gay people have 2 buttons open on their shirt, wearing loud patterned button up shirts all the time? I know gay people and I've seen gay people on Youtube, and no... they don't all dress like that.

Then it shows that the person who is a domestic abuser is also gay. WTF.

Then it states that if he likes men, then he has to be gay. No. Bisexuality exists. Or are you going ti vilify that too, show?

Then it says because he married a woman, that he couldn't love her? Again, Bisexuality exists.

And then the drama uses the fact the guy is gay to paint him as evil for wanting to be married. But same sex marriage isn't allowed in Korea and there is no such thing as surrogacy allowed. And they rub this in by mentioning that the woman had IVF to have her child. (This is subtle, but really show? You're calling this feminism when the loss of rights for the LGBTQIA community and women historically in Korean history has been lockstep?)

Then it goes on to state the reason he's touchy feely inappropriately towards women is because he's gay. i.e. all gay people do sexual assault all the time to "innocent" straight women? Really show? You don't think he might hang around lesbians? Show, gay people know boundaries too, and they don't always inappropriately touch people. WTH, show?

'cause he's gay he's going to cheat?

Other than that, the writing feels a bit scattered. I got the time jump to the past, though I thought it might have been handled better. The character, from a lot of the feedback feels inconsistent. It's not the acting. It's the writing that's demanding she be opposing things while not connecting those opposing things well.

The best part is the set design. I really like the set design. The costuming could use some work, I think. (The costuming on the present v. past, I think they could have thought of sharper contrasts for that. For example, make her look more by the book, and closed off in how she uses her costume versus the present, where they could play more with looseness and textures to show more of a maverick)

I'm iffy on some of the directing choices. The chair and the shoes bit was overblown for me.

But dear screenwriters, do you hate gay people that much? Do you know how much the international fanship goes gaga for BL? and you really think you're going to "change" them by seriously arguing that gay people are evil drug addict abusers? Seriously, show?

Besides, have you been to the bars in Itaewon that cater to gays? !@#$ That was the straightest bar I've ever seen in the show. Straights go to gay bars for a reason. And I'm not even a gay man. I'm just saying, are you sure, show, you want to go down this path?

You really want to go with the anti-gay sentiments? !@#$ It won't fix your population problems. You know what will? Supporting single mothers divorced or otherwise instead of sex shaming them and making deadbeat dads take paternity tests and actually pay for their children. And also fixing the freaking exporting of children problem. Also fix the day care system. Support working moms better. And I get to say this as a Korean. But will South Korea ever really support single mothers who were unwed? Will it instead try to blame the low birth rate on gay people? C'mon, seriously? I hang my head in shame.

The reason women need to uphold men too, is because the loss of gay rights is often locked with women's rights and visaversa because in Korean society, gender and sexuality are still somewhat tied together. Since gay men are coded often as feminine in the current day, often hating on gays has negative consequences towards women. And BTW, I did do a thesis on this. I can present it to you with worldwide history. I'm ticked off.

• Shocked 2

Spoiler

Lee Ji Ah Reunites With Her Ex Kang Ki Young After 9 Years In “Queen Of Divorce”

Lee Ji Ah Reunites With Her Ex Kang Ki Young After 9 Years In “Queen Of Divorce”

JTBC’s latest drama “Queen of Divorce” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Queen of Divorce” follows the story of Sara Kim (Lee Ji Ah), Korea’s greatest divorce problem solver, and eccentric lawyer Dong Ki Joon (Kang Ki Young) as they fearlessly bring justice to “bad spouses” with their solutions.

Spoilers

Previously, Sara Kim lost everything from her status as the daughter-in-law of Korea’s greatest law firm and a talented lawyer overnight and was imprisoned for a crime she didn’t commit. This was the result of a trap planned by her former mother-in-law Cha Hee Won (Na Young Hee), who was against Sara Kim from the start of the marriage, and her husband Noh Yul Sung (Oh Min Seok) who was willing to betray his wife for the sake of his ambitions.

While living each day in hardship, Son Jang Mi (Kim Sun Young) visits Sara Kim and raises a question. Son Jang Mi, who succeeded in divorcing her husband thanks to Sara Kim’s help, proposes the idea of the divorce settlement company Solution.

As she begins a new chapter in life, Sara Kim sets out to find a lawyer to fill the vacant position at Solution. Having been incarcerated, Sara Kim is unable to work as a lawyer for five years even after her release, so she needs a lawyer who can take care of the legal aspects of Solution.

Sara Kim heads out to personally meet Dong Ki Joon, who is recommended by Solution’s CEO Son Jang Mi. However, this leads to an uncomfortable encounter between Sara Kim and Dong Ki Joon as they used to date in the past. As exes, the two reunite and meet face to face for the first time in nine years. The tense atmosphere between the former couple raises questions about their past.

However, as Sara Kim doesn’t want to collaborate with Dong Ki Joon, she will make an unexpected proposal that will make him turn his back, making viewers wonder about the future of Solution.

kang-ki-young-lee-ji-ah-.jpeglee-ji-ah-8.jpegkang-ki-young-5.jpeg

“Queen of Divorce” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1640436wpp/lee-ji-ah-reunites-with-her-ex-kang-ki-young-after-9-years-in-queen-of-divorce

by Lily Alice, February 1, 2024
3 1

JTBC's Queen of Divorce started off scoring ratings of 3.31% (nationwide) and 3.36%(metropolitan) for episode 1. 

Queen of Divorce is the story of Kim Sa Ra (Lee Ji Ah), South Korea's top divorce troubleshooter, and a cunning lawyer, Dong Ki Joon (Kang Ki Young), working at the divorce settlement firm Solution, where they with wicked spouses. 

Z8rjA7_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Queen of Divorce?

Episode 2 of Queen of Divorce will air on February 1 (Thursday). Stream the K-drama on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-ji-ah-and-kang-ki-young-s-queen-of-divorce-starts-off-with-promising-ratings

@kboramint @Kim Yunmi Wasn't a huge fan of the first episode. The writing felt quite uneven to me.

I also agree that the points that you both brought up in your posts are valid.

Didn't find the FL to be very sympathetic - she seemed very robotic and only seemed interested in her own career.

The husband (or ex-husband) is quite hot - too bad he's stuck with an overbearing mother. Didn't really understand that his mom said that she knew that his heart belonged to Sa Ra (FL) despite the fact that he kept cheating on her..

Didn't find an ounce of warmth between the couple.

Oh well, let's see if she has better connection with the ML.

Will watch ep 2, but if it doesn't improve I won't continue this drama.

EDIT: Watching ep 2 on FF now. It's official. The ex-husband is a scumbag :unamused:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 2! :).

“Queen Of Divorce” Ratings Jump Significantly For 2nd Episode

“Queen Of Divorce” Ratings Jump Significantly For 2nd Episode

JTBC’s new drama “Queen of Divorce” is on the rise!

“Queen of Divorce” tells the story of Sara Kim, Korea’s greatest “divorce problem solver” (played by Lee Ji Ah), and eccentric lawyer Dong Ki Joon (Kang Ki Young) as they fearlessly bring justice to wronged spouses.

On February 1, the new drama enjoyed a significant increase in viewership for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Queen of Divorce” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.9 percent, marking a jump of over 1.5 percent from its premiere the night before.

Congratulations to the drama’s cast and crew!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1640532wpp/queen-of-divorce-ratings-jump-significantly-for-2nd-episode

@TheQueenReturns I know. It’s a conundrum that I find the ex-hubby kinda hot when he’s so evil… haha 

Wanna bet he’s gonna get jealous when he finds out his ex-wife is working with her ex-bf? And he’s gonna lose it when she gets back together with said ex-bf. 

I hope he has character growth because it seems like the true reason he’s evil is because of his mother - who is emotionally abusing him too.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 9:49 PM, partyon said:

Oh well, let's see if she has better connection with the ML.

Will watch ep 2, but if it doesn't improve I won't continue this drama.

EDIT: Watching ep 2 on FF now. It's official. The ex-husband is a scumbag :unamused:

are you goign to drop because the hot evil guy is evil? :D

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, agenth said:

are you goign to drop because the hot evil guy is evil? :D

No, I will continue to watch his scenes because he's kinda hot. :D You know how I love cheating scumbag dirt husbands in dramas. I have Thai lakorns for breakfast. :D

Are you watching this drama, chingu?

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Are you watching this drama, chingu?

yes

i don't find his scenes hot hahaha

+

i like KKY as ML, but LJA as FL doesn't convince me. Again witht the stamp fraud... one wonders why she went to prison. 

and how she learned how to box...

ugh

• Shocked 1

Queen of Divorce: Episodes 1-2 (First Impressions)

by Unit

QOD1-00012.jpg

What happens when an ex-lawyer, an ex-wife, and an ex-prosecutor come together? They form an ex-ceptional one-stop service team for divorce seekers! With a fast-paced premiere, borderline makjang plots, and a delicious revenge brewing in the corner, I think we’re in for quite the ride with this show.

Editor’s note: Weekly drama coverage will continue.

EPISODES 1-2

I knew this drama wasn’t messing around when it gave us a gun scare, a combat sequence, hacking, a negotiation, and a child extraction from a kidnapping step-parent all within its first five minutes! It almost felt like I was watching a spy thriller rather than a divorce drama. I mean, what type of divorce show features a badass team of elite operatives? Well, Queen of Divorce does. And now I’m curious. What’s their story and how did these guys even become a team in the first place?

To answer that, we start, like every good show, with a flashback to two years ago. We meet the first member of our elite divorce team: our heroine and the queen of divorce herself, attorney KIM SARA (Lee Jia). Sara might be the daughter-in-law of the prestigious Chayul law firm, but being a member of the royal family doesn’t make her a princess. Chayul’s founder, CHAIRWOMAN CHA (Na Young-hee), is the textbook definition of an awful mother-in-law, and she doesn’t hide her disdain for Sara.

Sara’s husband, NOH YOOL-SEONG (Oh Min-seok), spends his days feeling inferior to his very capable wife, craving his mom’s acknowledgement, and of course, he’s having an affair. The only bright spot in Sara’s life is her son and her loving mom.

When we meet the second member of our divorce team, SOHN JANG-MI (Kim Sun-young), she’s the housewife to a famous plastic surgeon — who is verbally and physically abusive towards her. Jang-mi eventually files for a divorce, and her husband hires Chayul to represent him in the divorce and custody suit. Chairwoman Cha insists that Sara takes the case, and dangles a promotion at her if she wins. As a mother herself, Sara wrestles with the implications of winning the suit and having the child custody go to the shitty husband. But the additional bait to finally be able to address her mother-in-law as “mother” rather than “chairwoman” keeps her going.

The divorce suit escalates when it’s revealed that: 1) Jang-mi’s husband is cheating (not surprising); 2) his alleged partner is Chairwoman Cha (wait, what!?); 3) he is gay (okay, I give up!). I guess this is why Cha was okay with the skinship. In the midst of all this, Sara is passed up for the promotion, and she confronts the chairwoman for intentionally leading her on. As payback, Sara “lets it slip” to Jang-mi that she was in a fraudulent marriage, and Jang-mi uses this information to get child custody and a very generous alimony from her ex-husband.

It is noteworthy that the third member of our divorce team, prosecutor DONG KI-JOON (Kang Ki-young) — who was investigating Jang-mi’s husband for distribution of Propofol at his clinic — was the primary source of the fraudulent marriage information. And from his brief interaction with Sara, it seems like there’s some history between them.

Jang-mi’s husband cuts ties with Chayul after losing the case, and since the firm’s other expansion plans aren’t working out as quickly as she hoped, Chairwoman Dearest makes her next move: she instructs her already married son to marry the daughter of the chairman she needs to approve her dream Chayul law school project. Is polygamy now legal in Korea? Of course not! As it turns out, Yool-seong and Sara have been divorced for a while. What in the makjang…?!

Apparently, Chairwoman Cha got Sara’s stamp under a false pretext and filed for a divorce. The reason: to enroll her grandson at an international school that only admits students on the condition that one parent is a foreigner. To beat the system, a number of couples get divorced, the wives register their marriage with a foreigner to get admission for their children, and afterwards, the couples get back together. Sara was kept in the dark about the admissions process for her son, but Yool-seong was in on the whole thing. Daebak!

Before Sara can process the fact that she has been divorced — and possibly married off to some foreigner — without her knowledge, Chairwoman Cha throws her under the bus when the illicit admissions scandal breaks. Yool-seong wavers when Sara is sent to prison because somehow he loves her despite all the cheating. But Chairwoman Cha promises to finally acknowledge him if he goes ahead with his upcoming remarriage, so he sides with his mom over his Sara. Mama’s boy also gets full custody of their son, and Chairwoman Cha uses her influence to ensure that Sara is not released on bail.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/queen-of-divorce-episodes-1-2-first-impressions/

Spoiler

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “Queen Of Divorce”

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “Queen Of Divorce”

After much anticipation, Lee Ji Ah graces the screen with her new show “Queen of Divorce.” This Wednesday-Thursday JTBC drama offers a fast-paced and witty revenge story. With a strong cast of supporting actors and Kang Ki Young as the main lead for the first time ever, “Queen of Divorce” seems like the perfect way to kick off your year.

Here are some thoughts on the drama’s premiere episodes:

Warning: contains spoilers for episodes 1-2.

LOVED: a strong female lead

lee-ji-ah-1-1.gif

“Queen of Divorce” is undoubtedly a K-drama featuring a strong female lead. The first episode begins with Sara Kim (Lee Ji Ah) descending from the ceiling into a house shrouded in darkness. She is dressed as a stereotypical fighter in an action movie and effortlessly takes down the antagonist, her client’s husband, who has kidnapped the client’s son. Despite the clichéd attire in her introductory scene, Sara is not your cold-hearted, stereotypical female lead. Not only is she physically strong and capable of handling bad spouses, but she is also emotionally strong and compassionate.

Spoiler

lee-ji-ah-kim-sun-young.gif

We learn about Sara’s compassionate nature in the first episode, set two years before the present time. As a divorce lawyer working at Cha Yul Law Firm, Sara is assigned to Kim Tae Hyuk’s case—an abusive husband who shows no concern for his wife or son. Despite everything, Sara’s mother-in-law and chairwoman of Cha Yul Law Firm, Cha Hee Won (Na Young Hee), assigns the case to her. Initially, Sara tries to secure Tae Hyuk’s son’s custody, but upon realizing the man’s evil nature, she ends up providing crucial information to Tae Hyuk’s wife Son Jang Mi (Kim Sun Young), helping her win the case.

Further insight into Sara’s compassionate nature is revealed in episode 2, where she saves her potential client’s daughter Jang Soo Ji, who is on the verge of ending her life. In that specific scene, we witness how she converses with high school student Soo Ji and helps her understand how the world would be incomplete without her.

LOVED: Kang Ki Young and his diverse acting

Spoiler

kang-ki-young-2-2.gif

Whether it is Jung Myung Seok, the world’s favorite boss from “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Hwang Pil Gwang, an evil gangster demon from “Uncanny Counter,” or Park Yoo Sik, the funny and kind subordinate from “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim,” Kang Ki Young has always brought life to every K-drama he has been in with his supportive characters. However, for the first time in his entire career, he is going to play the main lead, and I could not be more excited for him.

lee-ji-ah-kang-ki-young-1.gif

From his introductory scene, you can tell Kang Ki Young is the perfect candidate for the sassy yet morally right prosecutor Dong Ki Joon. Furthermore, as the story progresses, we get to learn more about Sara and Ki Joon’s past love life. Kang Ki Young’s wide acting range proves he has everything that one needs to be the romantic main lead. Those few short romantic scenes in episode 2 were enough to make viewers sympathize with Ki Joon, and it’ll be exciting to see what Kang Ki Young brings to the table next.

LOVED: Solution – a team of exes

queen-of-divorce_356484.jpg

When you hear the phrase “Solution: A Divorce Settlement Company,” the first thought that might come to your head might be that this establishment is a law firm specializing in divorce settlements. But that couldn’t be further from the truth. This small team consists of an ex-divorce lawyer, ex-prosecutor, ex-hacker, and an ex-detective, AKA people who were let go from their previous jobs for one reason or another. And now this team of “exes” helps people with bad spouses by getting them a good divorce deal and sometimes revenge. Another great member of this team is the CEO of the company, Son Jang Mi, a woman who Sara helped in the past. In K-drama terms, Solution is the “Taxi Driver” of divorce settlements.

HATED: Sara’s stupid decision of giving Cha Hee Won her personal name stamp

Spoiler

lee-ji-ah-3.jpglee-ji-ah-4.jpg

This week we learned that in the past Sara had given her dojang (Korean name stamp) to her mother-in-law. Unknowingly to Sara, Hee Won, her now ex-mother-in-law, ended up using the name stamp to sign her son and Sara’s divorce papers. Sara was well aware that Hee Won hates her to the extent of not letting Sara call her mother. Wouldn’t you think that someone who is a lawyer would know not to give their personal dojang to someone else, let alone a person who hates her?

Spoiler

lee-ji-ah-2-2.gif

However, one can easily argue that the reason why Sara gave her dojang to Hee Won shows how desperate Sara was for her approval. Still, the entire situation came out looking like a cheap plot catalyst, lazy writing, and slightly unrealistic.

LOVED: hybrid narrative – standalone episodes and overarching plot = more plot

Spoiler

seo-yoon-a.gif

No matter how great the cast or the plot is, if the show is filled with filler scenes, it’s the quickest way to bore the viewer. That’s why the hybrid narrative of “Queen of Divorce” is so great. We are just two episodes in, but by the look of it, every episode is going to have a standalone story where Solution will help a new client with their divorce case. Meanwhile, the overarching story of the show revolves around Sara getting revenge on her ex-husband No Yul Sung (Oh Min Seok) and her ex-mother-in-law Cha Hee Won and getting custody of her only son.

Spoiler

lee-ji-ah-oh-min-seok.gif

This hybrid narrative promises that each episode is going to be filled with so much plot that you might not even be able to blink while watching the show to prevent losing any story.

Check out “Queen of Divorce”:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1641072wpp/4-things-we-loved-1-thing-we-hated-about-the-premiere-of-queen-of-divorce

@TheQueenReturns Very little evil but hot ex-husband in today's episode. Looks like he drugged and SA:ed the FL back in the day - who became pregnant. It doesn't seem that she was actually in love with her ex-hubby at any point in time. She clearly still has feelings left for the ML. Haha to the ex-hubby already feeling jealous that ML and FL are working together.

Ep 3 was an improvement. The plot and its pacing was better. Looking forward to ep 4.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 3! :).

“Queen Of Divorce” Ratings Continue To See Rise For 3 Consecutive Episodes

“Queen Of Divorce” Ratings Continue To See Rise For 3 Consecutive Episodes

JTBC’s “Queen of Divorce” has soared to its new personal best rating!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 3 of “Queen of Divorce” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 5.8 percent. This is a 0.9 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 4.9 percent.

“Queen of Divorce” tells the story of Sara Kim (Lee Ji Ah), Korea’s greatest “divorce problem solver,” and eccentric lawyer Dong Ki Joon (Kang Ki Young) as they fearlessly bring justice to wronged spouses.

Congratulations to the drama’s cast and crew!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1641738wpp/queen-of-divorce-ratings-continue-to-see-rise-for-3-consecutive-episodes

10 hours ago, partyon said:

@TheQueenReturns Very little evil but hot ex-husband in today's episode. Looks like he drugged and SA:ed the FL back in the day - who became pregnant. It doesn't seem that she was actually in love with her ex-hubby at any point in time. She clearly still has feelings left for the ML. Haha to the ex-hubby already feeling jealous that ML and FL are working together.

Ep 3 was an improvement. The plot and it's pacing was better. Looking forward to ep 4.

I liked today's episode. Is it me or did it go by fast?

• Blob 1

Queen of Divorce: Episodes 3-4

by Unit

Team Solution settles into the new week with new cases and new faces that keep them clashing with the same old problematic humans of Chayul. But what’s a little professional rivalry to our heroine when she has to deal with working with her charming ex-boyfriend, and unavoidable run-ins with her scummy ex-husband?

EPISODES 3-4

Ki-joon is now onboard the Solution team, but Sara isn’t as welcoming of him as their other team members. Ki-joon promises to leave if she’s still uncomfortable around him after three months, and Sara agrees to the deal. She’s almost sure he won’t last till then. *Laughs in famous last words of dramaland* Ki-joon is immediately brought to speed on Solution’s newest divorce case between a news anchor on trial for sexual assault, and his bestselling novelist wife. Ki-joon isn’t sure the divorce will proceed smoothly if the husband wins the trial. But isn’t that why the wife came to Solution?

Of course, Anchor is represented by Chayul, and that’s a major reason Sara took on the case. Her ex in-laws have refused to allow her to see her son, and when she confronts Yool-seong, he tells her to step down from the case otherwise he will send their son abroad. He also makes a fuss about Sara’s work partnership with her ex (Ki-joon), and I wonder how that is any of his business seeing how they’re divorced and he’s remarried.

Then again, anyone can tell that Sara and Ki-joon look good together. And despite her initial resistance, Sara warms up to Ki-joon soon enough. When he asks about her dreams, she mentions that she wants to screw over her ex husband in order to bring her son back, and he offers his assistance. Cheers to “comradeship.” Heh.

Back to the ongoing divorce case, Novelist reveals that she was also a victim of Anchor’s sexual assault — in fact, they got married because the assault resulted in pregnancy! Wow! The husbands in this show are seriously competing for the Trashiest Husband of the Year crown. Novelist initially labels her husband’s latest victim as an adulteress to avoid their daughter being tagged as a “sexual offender’s daughter.” She then begs Sara not to reveal that she was assaulted in court, because she doesn’t want her daughter to find out the circumstances surrounding her birth.

When Solution finds out that Anchor — through Chayul — has bought over his victim’s lawyers, they approach her with an offer to team up with Novelist. Of course, Novelist has to apologize first for making the victim out to be an adulteress. And I love how Sara was all matter-of-fact about how the victim doesn’t have to forgive Ms. Novelist because this isn’t a reconciliation case, it’s about putting that SOB anchor behind bars!

After Novelist gets Anchor’s “A guy who asks for consent is a total fool” confession on tape, Solution serves Chayul with an uncontested divorce agreement — which Anchor has to sign, or else the tape goes public. Novelist and her daughter leave to start a new life abroad, but as part of the divorce agreement, she can’t testify against him in his ongoing trial. Thankfully, Sara can. And with her testimony, the SOB is sure to pay for his crimes in prison.

Chayul suffers another defeat when Yool-seong’s assemblyman father-in-law is arrested for illegal solicitation. With the Chayul law school bill now in jeopardy, Yool-seong sets his sights on politics to salvage the situation. Since his new wife, HAN JI-IN (Lee Seo-ahn), has now become useless to him, Yool-seong and his mom get ready to kick her to the curb. But first, they must make her out to be the guilty party in the marriage (meaning no alimony) since Yool-seong’s reputation must be spotless for his political ambition.

To make matters worse for Ji-in, someone blackmails her with an old (illegally filmed) sex tape — and from all indications, Yool-seong might have been sent a copy of the tape to use against her in their divorce. Ji-in heads to Solution, but Sara declines the meta case of representing her ex-husband’s soon-to-be ex-wife in a divorce suit. Ji-in then informs Sara that her son has been sent abroad, and she offers to give Sara a number to contact him if Sara takes on the case.

Contacting her son aside, Sara decides to take on the case because Yool-seong warns her to stay away from it. How dare he tell her what to do? Of course, Ki-joon is all up for it because it’s a chance to knock Yool-seong down a peg. Hehe. I guess the earlier case of the victims teaming up against their abuser was a foreshadowing to Yool-seong’s ex-wives joining forces against him.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/queen-of-divorce-episodes-3-4/