[Drama 2023] Heartbeat ❤, 가슴이 뛴다 - Taecyeon, Won Ji An

partyon

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So is it just me, or did anyone else find that ending entirely unsatisfying?

They left it open... :unamused:

@4evrkdrama Well at least we found out that Mr. Cat "stole" the gold.

Bored Married With Children GIF

Mr. Cat actor is playing a funny role in Cold Blooded Intern btw, if anyone's interested.

:coolshades:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

46 minutes ago, partyon said:

Well at least we found out that Mr. Cat "stole" the gold.

Huh! So that's who did it! I left this show after ep 7, and that entire time I thought Mr Cat was a good guy.

I really dislike open endings, so I don't think I'll be finishing this one. The first few episodes were hilarious, though.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, sweetroad said:

I thought Mr Cat was a good guy.

Oh,  I think he was “keeping it safe”

You Know What I Mean Teacher GIF by Foil Arms and Hog

I really dislike open endings, so I don't think I'll be finishing this one. The first few episodes were hilarious, though.

All of the comedy went out the window after ep 4. So you won’t miss much 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

They left it open...

I really dislike open endings, so I don't think I'll be finishing this one.

It wasn't just that ...

- Mr Cat stealing the gold to "protect" it from developers was a meh ending to that sub plot

- 2 out of the 3 antagonists have little to no explanation for their last episode transformations, and what little explanation they do give was extremely weak.

- Woo Hyul creates some loving memories with In Hae on their beach trip and then destroys that by stabbing himself in the heart in front of her on the very same beach that same night.

- Is he alive? Is he a ghost?, Is he just her imagination? 

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

With very few exceptions, I dislike open endings - Rom Coms especially shouldn't have them - JMHO

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

With very few exceptions, I dislike open endings - Rom Coms especially shouldn't have them - JMHO

Totally agree. Otherwise what was the point of us investing in this relationship?

5 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- Woo Hyul creates some loving memories with In Hae on their beach trip and then destroys that by stabbing himself in the heart in front of her on the very same beach that same night.

:o

no way wtf GIF by AwesomenessTV

I haven't been tracking with the show but that sounds confusing and nonsensical.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

I haven't been tracking with the show but that sounds confusing and nonsensical.

Some clarification ( it won't make it better )

1 of the antagonists is on the beach with Woo Hyul - (subplot, the antagonist needs Woo Hyul's blood) - Since Woo Hyul knows he's dying, in another humane act, he volunteers to sacrifice himself to save the antagonist 

-THEN-

In Hae suddenly appears and sees the two standing there, knife in hand.  Woo Hyul sees her and suddenly grabs the dagger and stabs himself 

Come On Wtf GIF

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 2

I'm quite disappointed with the drama. As it reached episode 7, the momentum is no longer there. There are so many filler scenes which I believe they have taken numerous scenes, but the editor has failed to utilize all the scenes. Episodes 13 and 14 are the worst, and this continues into 15 and 16. However, I still watched it till the end, for Taecyeon.

9 hours ago, partyon said:

They left it open... :unamused:

@4evrkdrama Well at least we found out that Mr. Cat "stole" the gold.

Mr. Cat actor is playing a funny role in Cold Blooded Intern btw, if anyone's interested.

I was too stunned to speak !

whet-what.gif

I watched it until the last eps just so that i could know how it will end,

Open endings too has its own standard Eonni @partyon @LeftCoastOppa

This drama's ending was as open as a  door without hinges 

giphy32.gif?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

thanks #Heartbeat writer:crazymad:

Spoiler

cto

===

So, what was the curse all about?

In-hae was actually Hae-sun’s reincarnation and was the reason why she was the only one who could open Woo-hyeol’s coffin and also why she could bite Woo-hyeol and actually harm him. Unfortunately, thanks to Yang-nam, they were tied together with a curse which essentially made it impossible for both of them to live together – Woo-hyeol needed In-hae’s “love filled” blood to survive while In-hae couldn’t be alive if Woo-hyeol lived. In the end, Woo-hyeol decided to sacrifice his life for his love, considering he has already lived for hundreds of years, yearning and waiting for Hae-sun’s rebirth. Now that he has experienced that love, it didn’t make sense for him to see her die.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Learry said:

So, what was the curse all about?

I thought right up to the end that the "curse" was actually just a metaphor for what needed to happen. 

The so called drinking of "loved filled" blood was actually that Woo-Hyul need to fall truly in love and be loved truly in return. Drinking the life with another as it were.

I figured near the end he'd fall into a comatose state, be given up for dead, tears & goodbyes, and when they came to claim the body he was gone - In-Hae and the crew return to the mansion to find him standing there, very much alive and now very much human, having simply woken up as humans do.  Happy ending montage - roll credits.

But no ... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 16 *Last episode* !:).

“Not Others” Continues Reign Over Monday-Tuesday Dramas With No. 1 Ratings + “My Lovely Liar” And “Heartbeat” Rise

“Not Others” Continues Reign Over Monday-Tuesday Dramas With No. 1 Ratings + “My Lovely Liar” And “Heartbeat” Rise

Meanwhile, KBS2’s “Heartbeat” wrapped up with an average nationwide rating of 3.0 percent. This is a 0.4 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 2.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1607352wpp/not-others-continues-reign-over-monday-tuesday-dramas-with-no-1-ratings-my-lovely-liar-and-heartbeat-rise

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- Mr Cat stealing the gold to "protect" it from developers was a meh ending to that sub plot

He did try to return the gold earlier, but WooHyeol wanted him to hang on to it so he could spend more time getting to know InHae.  I figured it was either him or Dad.

Since he was going to die anyway and seemed to be turning into some kind of monster, he may have been afraid that at the last moment, when the red moon appeared his vampire instincts would kick in and he would attack InHae.  When his scar evaporates, I believe he actually becomes human at that point.

- Is he alive? Is he a ghost?, Is he just her imagination? 

I would say imagination and hope.  Taec said it was "open" but that would be too difficult for me to process.  Why would they hold a funeral if he was still alive?  I say be reborn now, come back to the guest house as a 20-something and woo 40-something InHae!!! :P

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

So when did Do-sik drink woo hyul's blood? I doubt In hae would allow Do-sik drink the blood anytime soon.

I liked the drama up to the last4-6 episodes.  The slow burning romance was nice; I appreciated that over the one glance and they're in love drama.  Oh, and I loved the bromance.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 8/16/2023 at 7:07 AM, Fazlina LyNN said:

I'm quite disappointed with the drama. As it reached episode 7, the momentum is no longer there.

For me this drama was fun up and including ep 4. It made me laugh, but after that the tone just changed. The writing was too inconsistent for me.

On 8/16/2023 at 11:08 PM, CarolynH said:

So when did Do-sik drink woo hyul's blood? I doubt In hae would allow Do-sik drink the blood anytime soon.

I don't think he did. It seemed like he had to do it as WooHyeol was dying but InHae was too busy crying over him for Do-Sik to get in there with his mouth. During his press conference he also talked about not knowing when he would die so he wanted to pay for kids to have surgery while he was alive, so that seems like he didn't get to save himself.

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 1