[Drama 2023] Heartbeat ❤, 가슴이 뛴다 - Taecyeon, Won Ji An

partyon

On 7/8/2023 at 9:19 PM, Auntie Mame said:

Hmmm, if and when she finds out that the kiss was because he sucked her blood, I wonder if she'll charge him for the blood and add it to his tab.:lol:

No, she realized he was out for her blood and called him a mosquito :D 

spacer.png

tagging @CarolynH

• LOL 4

Just caught up through Ep 4 and this show is hilarious! I love how WH is being born again into this strange modern world and how hard it is for him to be unexpectedly poor. And that he insists on wearing suits during his leisure time. He’s cocky but learning to do humble jobs. The show is handling his progression as a newbie human really well. 

Glad that punk kid got his comeuppance.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Won Ji An Is Shocked By Taecyeon’s Affectionate Gesture In “Heartbeat”

Jul 10, 2023
by S. Nam

“Heartbeat” has released new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Heartbeat” is a new KBS fantasy romance drama starring Taecyeon as Seon Woo Hyul, who is half-human and half-vampire. Although he desperately wants to become human, he misses his chance because of one fateful day out of 100 years. He eventually winds up moving in together with Joo In Hae (Won Ji An), a cold-blooded woman who lacks humanity despite being fully human.

Spoilers

In the last broadcast, Seon Woo Hyul and Joo In Hae started living together. Through their kiss, Seon Woo Hyul felt his former lover Yoon Hae Sun (Yoon So Hee) in Joo In Hae’s blood, and he received the special mission from Go Young Nam (Kim In Kwon) to fill up Joo In Hae’s blood with love.

In the newly released stills, Seon Woo Hyul and Joo In Hae appear to be much closer than when they first met. Seon Woo Hyul looks at Joo In Hae who is lost deep in thought with concern, and he casually comforts her by patting her head. He even wears a bright smile full of affection for her, making viewers anticipate Seon Woo Hyul’s actions to try to get Joo In Hae to fall in love with him.

Taecyeon-3.jpeg

Won-Ji-An-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Taecyeon-5.jpeg

Won-Ji-An-.jpeg

Won-Ji-An-3.jpeg

Additional stills depict Seon Woo Hyul with Shin Do Shik (Park Kang Hyun). Seon Woo Hyul is reading the “Principles and Practice of Eastern Medicine” (Dongui Bogam), a Korean book by the royal physician Heo Jun from the Joseon dynasty, with a serious expression, and he even appears to be making his own medicine with various medicinal materials and a bowls.

Taecyeon-7.jpeg

Spoiler

Park-Kang-Hyun-2.jpeg

Taecyeon-8.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599525wpp/won-ji-an-is-shocked-by-taecyeons-affectionate-gesture-in-heartbeat

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Please stop making Shin Do Shik such a nice guy ... I almost started rooting for him today :rolleyes:

Have been seeing some comments online that people think he could be a bad guy and that his intentions are not pure... What are your thoughts?

• Shocked 1
  • Blob 2

I'm really savoring this drama.  I haven't seen anything I've enjoyed this much in a long time.:heart:

That would be an unexpected twist if Shin Do Shik turns out to be a bad guy.  I expected that he would be the losing party in  a love triangle.  

Oh, I saw that this is 16 episodes!  Yahoo!  

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

22 hours ago, partyon said:

Have been seeing some comments online that people think he could be a bad guy and that his intentions are not pure... What are your thoughts?

I was thinking initially he was a descendant of the vampire hunters who is still trying to find them to help prolong his life( is he cursed? ) - but it seems he (at least for the time being) truly cares for In Hae.

Todays Episode ...

- So if the previews can be believed it appears Hae Won doesn't know Woo Hyul ... I wasn't expecting that.

- Woo Hyul's sidekicks didn't steal the gold, which brings up an interesting question on who did?

- Still think the nosy neighbors have a part to play, just not sure what that is?

So refining my predictions - I think we see the powers that be try to pair Woo Hyul to Hae Won & In Hae to Do Shik only to be thwarted because Woo Hyul & In Hae are clearly into each other. 

... even though they keep trashing tender moments with camp humor ... which is getting REAL old ... please stop. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

13 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I was thinking initially he was a descendant of the vampire hunters who is still trying to find them to help prolong his life( is he cursed? ) - but it seems he (at least for the time being) truly cares for In Hae.

This is my theory too! :glasses:

Am still on ep 5. This scene made me laugh so much :joy:

MOVIE DATE EXPECTATION:

image.png?width=1246&height=685

REALITY:

image.png?width=1356&height=715

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

Joo In Hae casually calling out the reincarnation romance tropes::partyblob:

#literally different kdrama scenarios popped out in my head when in hae said that from Hottest / Oktizen

Spoiler

#literally different kdrama scenarios popped out in my head when in hae said that from Hottest / Oktizen

The supernatural beings who got hit hard::surprisedwut:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Kdramas: HeartBeat, My Love From The Stars, Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, Tale of the Nine Tailed

On 7/11/2023 at 7:25 AM, partyon said:

@Learry @CarolynH I have questions. Why is he using a wet towel to bring her fever down?

On 7/11/2023 at 7:25 AM, partyon said:

With no blood circulation, the half-vampire could surely bring her fever down faster with his cold hand.

:evilelmo:

chingu for me maybe just a way the director to romanticism the situation rather than realistic way:lol:

:emmm:

Spoiler

==

I have no idea whether Do-sik really likes In-hae or whether he is simply manipulating her in order to get the mansion. He seems pretty genuine, but when it comes to money, things can get dirty.

I was intrigued to see what they do with Baek Seo-hoo’s character because we see a bit of him today without much context. I don’t yet understand why we wasted the 10 minutes that we did following him around. Maybe he has done something to Woo-hyeol; who knows?

On the other hand, Hae-won’s reveal to Woo-hyeol felt a little flat. She was just randomly standing in front of her house for no reason. However, hopefully, we get some funny and heartfelt moments in the next episode.:approves:

adding

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/heartbeat-episodes-5-6/

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I was really torn between Rich Boy vampire & Butler Joo, but have to go with the butler as he knew what was going on in the house where rich boy didn't.  Which means the gold in this case probably wasn't "stolen" just moved for safe keeping ... and as the direct descendant, In Hae will probably be the one to find it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I was really torn between Rich Boy vampire & Butler Joo, but have to go with the butler as he knew what was going on in the house where rich boy didn't. 

But Rich Boy Vampire became rich suddenly. Even Woo Hyul's side kick vampires were wondering how he was dripping with money...

:notsureifserious:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Hey! A poll!  Fun!  I think Woo Hyul misplaced his gold.  I can't believe his two friends, knowing they would see, Woo Hyul again would steal it.  

I don't think Do-sik is a vampire.  Hasn't he been treated for whatever illness/disease he has?  Wouldn't his blood or something be unusual?

One thing that is driving me nuts is the number of times Woo Hyul clears his throat.  I'm going to start counting.  

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

On 7/10/2023 at 7:25 AM, partyon said:

I'm thinking he is sincere about his feelings for InHae, however, when he confirms that WooHyeol is a vampire, whose blood he needs to survive, all bets are off.

Thank you for the poll.  I pegged HaeWon for taking the gold, but I really think it was HaeWon AND ManHwi, hence the "partnership".  My theory is that HaeWon is HaeSun, not a reincarnation, but the real HaeSun.  She's related to the vampire hunters.  When she told WooHyeol to take her blood, she took some blood from his wound and consumed it, leading to immortality.  Since she got what she wanted, there was no reason to contact WooHyeol through the many years to follow.  She may or may not be a vampire.  

She looks surprised when WooHyeol hugs her, because she didn't expect to see him.  She only met with InHae regarding the investment. 

From Prime Video interview, Yoon SoHee, 3 words to describe Na HaeWon:  Money, Greed, Princess

I'll probably keep changing my theories as we move along.  Did I already say, I am thoroughly enjoying this drama.  I love the campy humor.  It has the right amount of laughs and emotional bits to balance that out.

Thank you for this thread.

I'm still here.

spacer.png

mosquito bite or not, it was a great kiss.  They way he dove in. :ohboy2:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 3