Confessions of a Drama Addict (Part 1): Their Most Favorite Drama Characters

partyon

46 minutes ago, partyon said:

For me Mr. Darcy (the original tsundere character) and Elizabeth would rank very high. Actually most BBC period dramas would rank high on my list. :wub:

which Mr Darcy though? the one in the gif is the 2005 version  and not BBC:

colin firth drama GIF by BBC

I really like the 2005 Mr Darcy though, especially the scenes with the rain (as pictured but better with sound) and also this:

de135b9e5966354a66cc8cb08f4b002a.gif

but this one is fun too:

Awkward Pride And Prejudice GIF

51 minutes ago, joccu said:

best female character for me is Minshil. 

from what drama is this?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

On 5/15/2023 at 8:20 PM, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, if I really have an all time favourite drama characters, that would be David Duchovny's Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson's Dana Scully. I wasn't a TV addict but I'd make sure I finished all school stuff then stay up to watch whenever an episode was aired. I even went to the theater and watched the X-Files movie in between classes! ^_^

ctto

according to internet, the term 'shipping', 'shipper', 'ship' came out of the x-files fandom! 

they really had great chemistry. :D 

56 minutes ago, joccu said:

agree; I thought of her as well. she had some really awesome lines and made the drama..

I feel like I have amnesia -- I like characters and then after a season, I forget the drama as well as the character. so it seems like I have watched so many that I can't nominate for this event. ^_^

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

9 hours ago, willenette said:

Lee Min Ho in “Faith”

actually one of my favourite portrayals of LMH. I keep rewatching the drama. There's just something about him as General...

4 hours ago, Gumiho said:

I know this is cliché.. but I only watch drama if the oppa handsome lol :joy:

It's okay :D

Do you only watch romcom / romance / melo, but also thriller ?

12 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

What if one of your favorite characters isn't a Male or Female Lead?

Then you can have several favourites? :D

greys anatomy love GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, partyon said:

did you see that Won Bin's RL wife Lee Na Young is going to be Yoongi's first female guest on Suchwita?

I've only seen her in Romance is a Bonus Book but I like her! Should be fun for Suga to have her on.

For me Mr. Darcy (the original tsundere character) and Elizabeth would rank very high. Actually most BBC period dramas would rank high on my list. :wub:

Agree! If you're asking about favorite drama characters from any country these would be it for me :). Also Jonny Lee Miller as Mr Knightley in Emma:

jonny lee miller bbc emma GIF

For Kdramas, I love:

Staying Awake Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

and:

Happy Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

The narrative arcs for both of them are just too good. :wub: And the Superman/ Clark Kent vibe, and how adorkable Ji Chang Wook is as Bong Su, was so creative and well-written.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 5

23 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

(Now you made me think about all those dramas from various languages that I've watched.  I'll come back.)

Latin American dramas were absurdly crazy, LOL! Japanese drama, that would be Oshin for me. I was a kid when I saw it, but I still remember it till now. 

42 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

according to internet, the term 'shipping', 'shipper', 'ship' came out of the x-files fandom! 

they really had great chemistry. :D 

X-Files was popular for a reason! :D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

3 hours ago, joccu said:

Lady Mishil was actually a very interesting character. Almost throughout the drama she had control over everyone, was very perceptive and would make pretty wise decisions. She climbed the power ladder very steadily and carefully.

She was evil in the drama, but only for the good guys, and that is what the viewers knew. But as a political figure she had followers who believed in her as a leader and were ready to sacrifice their lives for her. 

Apart from her, Bidam was another character who I liked a lot, and he actually was the character I liked the most in that drama. Dude appeared out of nowhere in between the drama and stole the show for me. He was another exceptionally smart character who knew diplomacy pretty well, and at the same was pretty complex as a person.

df6862c114506a16eea27492e4944ab0.jpg

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

agree; I thought of her as well. she had some really awesome lines and made the drama..

She is one of the best written villains in Sageuk for me :piggydance:

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Latin American dramas were absurdly crazy, LOL! Japanese drama, that would be Oshin for me. I was a kid when I saw it, but I still remember it till now. 

I have heard about that drama a lot! I do plan to check it out once, but it is very old Japanese drama :eats:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

33 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I have heard about that drama a lot! I do plan to check it out once, but it is very old Japanese drama

It's a drama with plenty of trigger warnings. :(

Though I've grown up watching a lot of Japanese animated series, Oshin was way, way darker. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

10 hours ago, partyon said:

May I ask why? All I remember was that he was annoyingly narcissistic? :sweats:Did his character get any better as the drama progressed?

@partyon  Park Seo Joon as "Young Joon" actually gets to tackle some of his emotional issues and showcase that to us as the audience. At first, I was a bit cheated out of actual character development from him, however, because it is revealed he was actually in love with Park Min Young as" Mi So" and knew she was his childhood friend even before he hired her as his secretary. That makes him learning to “love” and treat her with kindness actually just a reflection of his feelings at the start of the series. He isn’t really a better person by the end of the drama, but only because he wasn’t exactly a bad one, to begin with. I will say at times this drama toes the dangerous line between Young Joon learning to be courteous to Mi So and Young Joon being a mild perpetrator of demeaning gender role stereotypes, like women should be cared for by men instead of working hard for their own benefit. I did very much enjoy watching it. Park Min Young is just a delight to watch in this drama, too as she did a fantastic job of conveying the professionalism of a career woman that still also had a rather naive side to her, and I did feel that she had a genuine chemistry onscreen with Park Seo Joon. I don’t even feel like I even need to explain how Park Seo Joon was both charming and convincing as a narcissistic Vice President. His performance, even in a role as silly as Young Joon, is always nuanced. Down to every last eyebrow twitch, he made Young Joon’s more egotistical antics tolerable, and his softer side actually endearing.   :Megathanks:

9 hours ago, agenth said:

actually one of my favourite portrayals of LMH. I keep rewatching the drama. There's just something about him as General...

@agenth  As always, I wasn’t disappointed with Lee Min Ho’s performance in this drama. I think this role is a bit challenging since the character is a mature and serious one (plus the super powers), compared to the teeny-bopper and playful Gu Jun Pyo.   :kaching3:

13 hours ago, Gumiho said:

I know this is cliché.. but I only watch drama if the oppa handsome lol :joy:

so I see Won Bin is my type.. I mean this is the define of handsome for me. So I decided long ago that he is oppa and all of his drama are my favorite :Megalol: if not handsome even if that drama win baeksang award or the actor is A list actor I would not watch ever. I need butterflies effect to watch drama. I only watch dramas that makes me fall in love in 16 or 20 episodes. I want feelings. Like Hyun Bin oppa. Only by watching his drama tailer I already fall fall and keep falling even before ep 1 of that drama start. Hua hahaha :Megalol:

@Gumiho  I do agree with you because like you I only watch dramas of my biases.   :heart3:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

On 5/11/2023 at 10:41 PM, partyon said:

Who are your favorite kdrama/cdrama/Thai lakorn/dorama/Indian serial/etc. characters and why? Confess below!

Lmao Just saw the topic...

Fav Kdrama Character --- Moon Young Its ok not to be ok ..she was whacky, I love Whacky

Cheong Song Yi from MLFAS , Yumi from Yumi's cells.Also Lee Rang from TONT (I dont really prefer S2 Rang but still lol)

Fav Cdrama Character ---Shao Peng Cheng My true friend , he was sarcastic and honest, also called the FL Idiot and SML wooden which I agreed lol... Also Qiqi fro Sweet Dreams ...I have been a lets say gaga fan over people I shouldnt so I could get her annoyance lol.

Fav Indian Character ----hmmmm Maybe 20 years back Sujal G from Kahiin to Hoga, that show was a rage , like for real also a very fresh take back in 2003. Now that hero is a RED Flag lmao...

Never seen thai to comment yet.This year I may start some but I only see BG no BL or GL please...so its hard to find lmao..

Special Mention :

Uncle Jessie from Full House...Have Mercy and also No one rocks 80s 90s era like they did.

Full House Aunt Becky GIF

Cristina Yang from Grey's Anatomy...well because its hard to see a well written FL with no emotions whatsoever.

Kashaf from Zindagi Gulzar Hai -Pakistani drama, very raw and real FL , also her monologues made my day, back when this released South Asian Subcontinent had obedient heroines, she was ambitious heroine who wanted to be the Man of the house because she had this as the only way out to survive. People dont make characters like hers anymore.

Also recently fell in Love with Young Ho/ So ji sub from Oh My Venus...where do I get this trainer who can make me fit and healthy lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

58 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Also recently fell in Love with Young Ho/ So ji sub from Oh My Venus...where do I get this trainer who can make me fit and healthy lol.

@madmad min   Hahaha - I feel the same way - I find this drama good, it's a light drama & love it! I wonder why this drama didn't receive top ratings despite the overflowing cuteness and chemistry of the main leads. To briefly describe the plot: it is light and uncomplicated. I greatly appreciate these factors, honestly, since it doesn't give you the emotional stress that we usually encounter while watching k-dramas. I really love how the drama demonstrated women empowerment and emphasized the importance of inner health over beauty. Being naturally cute and charming, I think Shin Min-ah was effortless in giving life to Kang Joo-eun's character, which is the funniest that I've seen of her. Su Ji Sub as Kim Young-ho can be described as strong (both emotionally and physically), determined, serious-type but bubbly, and of course, insanely sexy. Given his manly and strong facial features, I never expected that he can also pull off the cutesy and playful character of Kim Young-ho. Watching this drama is not a total waste of time. As a matter of fact, I really enjoyed watching it and I re-watched it.  It is less dramatic, and it would definitely make you LOL. Every episode is worth looking forward to. I would still recommend this drama to everyone here who has not watched this yet.   :blush:

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

7 minutes ago, willenette said:

Every episode is worth looking forward to. I would still recommend this drama to everyone here who has not watched this yet

The Chemistry between these 2 was INSANE!!!! Like Shin Min A I feel sometimes overpowers her male leads in romance dept , but this one was off the charts. I think the closest I have seen is her with JJH but that was more of physical chemistry, So ji sub and her was more passionate+sexy lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, madmad min said:

The Chemistry between these 2 was INSANE!!!! Like Shin Min A I feel sometimes overpowers her male leads in romance dept , but this one was off the charts. I think the closest I have seen is her with JJH but that was more of physical chemistry, So ji sub and her was more passionate+sexy lol.

@madmad min  JJH as Ju Ji Hun? (not RAIN, huh?) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch their drama together.   :7555_attack:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

17 hours ago, partyon said:

did you see that Won Bin's RL wife Lee Na Young is going to be Yoongi's first female guest on Suchwita?

What is Suchwita? A quest? Is he doing a variety show as a host?

• Love 2
  • Blob 2

@agenth used to be I watch only romance romcom and melow.. 

nowadays I also enjoying watch thriller, serious drama and any good drama. 

I just finished the glory, queenmaker, still watching dr romantic dr cha pig mother ~ very busy in real now ^_* 

On 5/16/2023 at 12:19 AM, Ameera Ali said:

This month , I am likening Yoo In Na in Bo-ra! Deborah :D

( Deborah most be me & my twin @partyon our animal spirit ) 

what kdrama is this? I need to watch!! 

Edited by partyon
Please do not quote images/gifs, thanks :)
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, willenette said:

JJH as Ju Ji Hun? (not RAIN, huh?) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch their drama together

Yes Ju Ji Hun , I havent yet seen  the one with Rain, if I reckon that is a Makhajang Love Story...but have to be in that mindset lol...but I know I will Love it lmao....

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

19 hours ago, agenth said:

which Mr Darcy though? the one in the gif is the 2005 version  and not BBC:

Both! :wub: Love Mr. Darcy in the BBC adaptation and in the movie that came out later.

19 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I feel like I have amnesia -- I like characters and then after a season, I forget the drama as well as the character. so it seems like I have watched so many that I can't nominate for this event. ^_^

Sweetie, how about one of the Thai lakorn characters from Cheating Spouse or Switch of Fate? :kiss_wink:

Wgbqp_3f.jpg

@madmad min This is a Thai lakorn that is actually really good (as it doesn't have revenge or cheating in it, which is reserved for more seasoned Thai lakorn fans like @joccu , @Lmangla and me :D). Even @LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng loved it! Btw, dongsaeng, who is your favorite MALE or FEMALE character?

19 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Also Jonny Lee Miller as Mr Knightley in Emma:

Chingu, for once we agree on one favorite character! :cutekitty:

18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Latin American dramas were absurdly crazy, LOL!

You have watched this one, right?

It's a classic telenovela with Soraya Montenegro. Thai lakorns are NOTHING compared to them. :D

@willenette Thanks for explaining about PSJ's role in WWWSK. I must admit I couldn't get past 2 episodes. Had to drop it because I found his character so annoying.
:sweats:

5 hours ago, madmad min said:

Never seen thai to comment yet.This year I may start some but I only see BG no BL or GL please...so its hard to find lmao..

Here is the one we are recommending:

https://mydramalist.com/63755-keun-ruk-salub-chata

Don't get deterred from the soul switch theme. This one is actually really well made and makes some sense.

5 hours ago, Learry said:

i am second to that chingus:)

Let me guess, Cha Eun Woo is one of your biases? (basing this on the gifs you posted - hehe)

@confusedheart likes him too.

5 hours ago, Learry said:

Vincenzo

Chingu, you posted a gif of Kwakkie!?!?!? :scream: Let's be friends!

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

Kwakkie is one of my favorite actors. :fullofhearts:

3 hours ago, larus said:

What is Suchwita? A quest? Is he doing a variety show as a host?

It's Yoongi's talk show. :kiss_wink: He invites people to come over for a drink and then he interviews them. So far he's been interviewing RM, Jimin, Shin Dong Yeop, Taeyang, Tablo, Lee Sung Min, etc. Actress Lee Na Young will be his first female guest. Apparently she's never done a talk show before, so it's super exciting to see her as a guest in Suchwita.

You can find the subbed episodes on YouTube. Account BANGTANTV uploads them. Teaser for ep 11:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, partyon said:

It's a classic telenovela with Soraya Montenegro. Thai lakorns are NOTHING compared to them. :D

OMG, yeah, this telenovela Maria La Del Barrio was downright creepy and crazy! :lol: For context, Soraya is the ex-wife of the father of Nandito, the missing son of Maria and Luis. Teenager Nandito would have an affair with Soraya, then would fall for the sweet Alicia, Soraya's stepdaughter.

It's a merry-go-round with former exes and their children, hahaha!

Thalia (Maria) is perfect for her role, but Itati (Soraya) is batshit legendary! 

• LOL 6

Sweetie, how about one of the Thai lakorn characters from Cheating Spouse or Switch of Fate? :kiss_wink:

@madmad min This is a Thai lakorn that is actually really good (as it doesn't have revenge or cheating in it, which is reserved for more seasoned Thai lakorn fans like @joccu , @Lmangla and me :D). Even @LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng loved it! Btw, dongsaeng, who is your favorite MALE or FEMALE character?

the problem is I can't remember why I liked these characters. :lol: 

see, I have forgotten most of the plot and so I am feeling too zapped to write anything. plus there are tons of characters I loved in various dramas and so my brain is not computing. hahahahhaha. 

• LOL 5
  • Awesome 1