Confessions of a Drama Addict (Part 1): Their Most Favorite Drama Characters

partyon

1 minute ago, Wuzetian said:

So what's coming up for Part 2?

that is still a surprise :D

in the meanwhile, feel free to share your favourite characters! it can be also from cdrama of course, which I know is your favourite :D is there any particular character (male or female) that has been in your thoughts? 

Nbc Confess GIF by SVU

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

2 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Feels like I'm digging into my own diary! Lol...Too many to quote! My favourite drama Journey to the West 1996. That reminds me I have to rewatch again!

Feel free to dig haha... That's what this week is for. So this drama, everyone is your favourite character? what makes it so great? 

This Great Sage character looks interesting. Is this some kind of fantasy? He is playing a monkey god? 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 9

Hmm, if I really have an all time favourite drama characters, that would be David Duchovny's Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson's Dana Scully. I wasn't a TV addict but I'd make sure I finished all school stuff then stay up to watch whenever an episode was aired. I even went to the theater and watched the X-Files movie in between classes! ^_^

92134e543b7ee181e5e1da39f1e544ca.gif

ctto

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@partyon thanks for always tagging to the events. Love you <3

my favorite female character:

1. Hyeri - reply 1988

2. Gianna jun - my love from the star

3. Kim go eun - goblin

4. yoo in na - goblin

5. park min young - healer

6. Song hye kyo - autumn in my heart

7. Yoon eun hye - princess hours

8. kim tae hee - star way to heaven

9. kim go eun - cheese in trap

10. Honey lee - fiery priest

my favorite male character

1. all drama of lee minho

2. gong yo goblin

3. all drama of hyun bin

4. All drama of lee jong suk

5. all drama of kim soo hyun

6. all drama of wonbin

7. all drama of handsome oppa

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, if I really have an all time favourite drama characters, that would be David Duchovny's Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson's Dana Scully. I wasn't a TV addict but I'd make sure I finished all school stuff then stay up to watch whenever an episode was aired. I even went to the theater and watched the X-Files movie in between classes! ^_^

ctto

:fullofhearts:I never thought I'll see them here in this forum haha.  Yes, the series was so famous back then.  (Now you made me think about all those dramas from various languages that I've watched.  I'll come back.)

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Blob 4

@agenth Here's a lil info...I'm too lazy to write...Lol...Dicky Cheung's portrayal is the best Monkey King ever! He created the catch phrase, "Yo! Catching demons/devils, what is there to be afraid of"

Sun Wukong, "The Monkey King" or "The Great Sage Equalling Heaven"

Sun Wukong (traditional Chinese: 孫悟空; simplified Chinese: 孙悟空; pinyin: Sūn Wùkōng) is one of the fictional main characters of the Chinese novel ‘Journey to the West’.

The character, in the West known as the Monkey King, accompanies the Tang monk Xuanzang on his journey to retrieve Buddhist sutras from India. Xuanzang's safety is constantly threatened by supernatural beings, and Sun Wukong often acts as a bodyguard.

Sun Wukong was known to have incredible strength, being able to travel high speed, (he could cover 108,000 li in one leap), knowing 72 transformations, which allowed him to transform into various animals and objects. He also knew various spells such as commanding the wind, conjuring protective circles against demons, or freezing humans, demons, and gods alike with one word.

In the novel, Sun Wukong and Xuanzang are joined by Zhu Bajie and Sha Wujing, both of whom were ordered to accompany the priest to atone for their crimes. The priest's horse is actually a dragon prince who had been defeated by Sun Wukong and tamed by Guan Yin.
The group encounters a series of eighty-one tribulations before accomplishing their mission and returning safely to China.

The Monkey King should not be confused with the Monkey God Hanuman, the Hindu god. The two appear to be unrelated.

Source : https://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/Chinese_Customs/Sun_Wukong.htm

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 9

Objection! Overbroad.  Although @Gumiho helped me out by listing Honey Lee in Fiery Priest.  I really liked KNG's characters  in Fiery Priest and Through the Darkness.  Totally different characters, but KNG nailed it. 

You know, I've heard the name Won Bin many times, but I've never seen any of his dramas or movies.  If there's a rewatch, I would definitely join.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Blob 5

13 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

he nearly making me @sadthe1st declare him our favourite character this month

i'm with you chingu, hahaha as much as he is meant to be a cheater and detestable, i gotta admit the actor is darn good with his hilarious expressions..

he gets slapped, cursed to die early, and still manages to keep his straight face and smile..

@agenth chingu definitely picked the right sub-oppa this time!

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

What if one of your favorite characters isn't a Male or Female Lead?

At this rate event team ( @partyon , @agenth , @Sleepy Owl , @confusedheart ) should stop asking as our favourite character  :mrgreen: We can list trashy character more easily without gender complicated :D

IMG-6773.gif

• LOL 13
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Objection! Overbroad.  Although @Gumiho helped me out by listing Honey Lee in Fiery Priest.  I really liked KNG's characters  in Fiery Priest and Through the Darkness.  Totally different characters, but KNG nailed it. 

You know, I've heard the name Won Bin many times, but I've never seen any of his dramas or movies.  If there's a rewatch, I would definitely join.

@CarolynH   I adore Wonbin. It’s just that he has not appeared in any movies or dramas for many years now. Although, Won Bin has been keeping his fans updated through numerous appearances in commercials. If you find time, try to watch his last movie “The Man from Nowhere”. He left a deep impression with his character of Cha Tae Sik in this film. He received much praise and became one of Won Bin's most recognized films. Wonbin looks so good and he never ages. He doesn't look like someone in his 40s. He seems like he's picky on roles because he turned down a lot of offers in the past apparently. Personally, I find it cool that a celebrity at the top of his game can simply decide to press pause on his career either to try a new endeavor, or just wait for the right role to come to him. In Korea's world where artists have to always be onscreen whether it's through film, TV, variety shows, CFs, etc., for fear that fans would forget about them, Won Bin is a rarity.  :shaq:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@partyon  thanks for tagging me here again............  In the samples you posted, I have only watched (2) dramas in there: "My Lovely Samsoon" & "Hyena". Yes, I do agree because Kim Hye Soo’s character in that drama is one of my favorites. She was hilarious and cut throat!  :Ohboy3:

My own favorite drama characters, I would say:

Park Seo Joon in “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” - I’m completely infatuated with his character in this drama.

Lee Min Ho in “Faith” & “The King: Eternal Monarch” – I’m not into historical genres but, biased aside, I love his characters in these dramas.  He just stole my heart. Actually, I love all his characters in his dramas: “The Heirs”, “Boys over Flowers”, just to name a few………

Im Siwan in “Misaeng” - The perseverance and strength of that guy..just love it!

Kang Ha Neul in “When the Camella Blooms” - I like that he is so straightforward and honest about his feelings. He is very dorky but, adorable and sincere. He is a man of action. He is such a sunshine, just positive vibes all the way!  And Kang Ha Neul portrays his character so well.

Woo Do Hwan in “The King Eternal Monarch” - I have a fascination with dual roles and if they are done well, I'm always really impressed. For me, he did a stand-out job playing these two characters. And I liked how he used a super deep voice-tone for his character in this drama (if you watch his other dramas, I think his tone is slightly higher.)

Ji Sung in “Kill Me, Heal Me” – he NAILED it!

Hyunbin in “My Lovely Samsoon” - This is the K-drama that put Hyun Bin on the map. After discovering him in this drama, I became a fan. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 4

Aigoo! I have to find my shovel…

gold candle GIF

My favourite Kdrama lead characters:

spacer.png

I went on to watch many if not all of their dramas/movies, and claimed Gong Yoo as my forever oppa!

Pity Yoon Eun Hye had all the trouble with her agency, then faced plagiarism issues, and disappeared from mainstream dramas.

Cdrama lead characters I like:

ML in Love 020 played by Yang Yang - the perfect boyfriend who knows when to do what

spacer.png

Both male and female characters played by Zhang Linghe and Chen Yao in Maiden Holmes - we have an analytical logical RickRoll'D-kicking FL who suffers no fools and an incredibly gallant ML

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

I know this is cliché.. but I only watch drama if the oppa handsome lol :joy:

so I see Won Bin is my type.. I mean this is the define of handsome for me. So I decided long ago that he is oppa and all of his drama are my favorite :Megalol: if not handsome even if that drama win baeksang award or the actor is A list actor I would not watch ever. I need butterflies effect to watch drama. I only watch dramas that makes me fall in love in 16 or 20 episodes. I want feelings. Like Hyun Bin oppa. Only by watching his drama tailer I already fall fall and keep falling even before ep 1 of that drama start. Hua hahaha :Megalol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

On 5/15/2023 at 6:52 PM, Gumiho said:

my favorite male character

1. all drama of lee minho

2. gong yo goblin

3. all drama of hyun bin

4. All drama of lee jong suk

5. all drama of kim soo hyun

6. all drama of wonbin

7. all drama of handsome oppa

It's like @agenth and "all drama of Ji Chang Wook oppa" :D

21 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

(Now you made me think about all those dramas from various languages that I've watched.  I'll come back.)

For me Mr. Darcy (the original tsundere character) and Elizabeth would rank very high. Actually most BBC period dramas would rank high on my list. :wub:

204b0d0d114e545e8b7e78b4cb1072b68e92f0f0

19 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

( Deborah most be me & my twin @partyon our animal spirit ) 

Why is he running only in his underwear? Is he the lost mascot of Croatia's Eurovision entry? :D

65a72816205178900cfca31492dfc94f

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I have not watched him in anything either. :emmm:

11 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

What if one of your favorite characters isn't a Male or Female Lead?

:smashes:

8 hours ago, willenette said:

adore Wonbin. It’s just that he has not appeared in any movies or dramas for many years now. Although, Won Bin has been keeping his fans updated through numerous appearances in commercials.

Yeah, he rakes in so much money from his looks alone.

@YongZura⁷ @sweetroad @larus @4evrkdrama did you see that Won Bin's RL wife Lee Na Young is going to be Yoongi's first female guest on Suchwita? :love:

1daf8-16842284598186-1920.jpg?w=840

8 hours ago, willenette said:

Park Seo Joon in “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” - I’m completely infatuated with his character in this drama.

May I ask why? All I remember was that he was annoyingly narcissistic? :sweats:Did his character get any better as the drama progressed?

3 hours ago, rocat said:

Pity Yoon Eun Hye had all the trouble with her agency, then faced plagiarism issues, and disappeared from mainstream dramas.

Tell me about it. Our kissing queen Yoon Eun Hye, we miss you... :criesariver:

9 minutes ago, joccu said:

best female character for me is Minshil. 

What was great about her? And in which drama did she appear? :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2