Ji Ling Chen as Gong Huanyu
Lin Zi Ye as Xue Tongzi
Zeng Shun Xi as Xue Tongzi (adult)
Liang Xue Feng as Mister Hua
Chu Zi Jun as Mister Xue
Chen Du Ling as Madame Lan
Zeng Ke Ni as Zheng Nanyi

Synopsis:

A story of the rebellious son Gong Zi Yu and spy Yun Wei Shan, who yearns for her freedom. Gong Zi Yu lost his father and brother overnight, and was appointed as the head of the family but soon notices this power brought him into a dangerous situation. Yun Wei Shan is sent to him as a sleeper agent and now she has to choose between freedom and love.

Credit: MDL, Dramawiki

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 3

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] My Journey to You 云之羽, premiered 2 Sept, starring Esther Yu & Zhang Ling He

:what!:   

Spoiler

The Sword Wielder and the Young Lord are dead...

Im glad the bride Jiang is alive...So the new Sword Wielder is Ziyu...

The Wufang organization is so cruel...

The first encounter between SG(the 2FL)  and ShangJue...so tense and sexy...

love all the scenes between Sword Wielder and Shangjue....even though SJ is so arrogant towards Ziyu. 

F5GhtEZXwAAZ5DT?format=webp&name=small

I laughed so much.....  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The eldest sister is cracking me up. She’s so crazy dramatic and takes every opportunity to ogle at men like a deranged fan. Too funny.

Esther Yu is so serious in this show - I half expect her to launch into some strange antic but none thus far.  :lol:

• LOL 2

Hi everyone.  It is so difficult to find a good C-Drama these days. 

I started watching this one yesterday.  At the start, I find the Set a bit Dark and Gloomy for my liking.  Frankly, I skim thro the first 4 Eps.  Starting to watch it seriously, only at Ep 5.

I am looking forward to Ep 6 tonight.  Because Gong Zi Yu has to work very hard to pass the Ancestral Test to succeed his Father as the Sword Wielder.   It is tough.  But we know he will make it.  Perhaps with some help from the FL ??

"My Journey To You" creates a sufficiently attractive plot - complex and tense.  It focuses on the Fearlessness and Deeds of small characters, presenting a completely different world of Jianghu.

It is basically a struggle between 2 factions.

- The mysterious Gong Family which is good at making drugs and hidden weapons,  and

- The killer organisation called Wufeng which has dominated the Jianghu for many years

This is the first time I am watch the Male Lead, Zhang Ling He.  Not handsome.  But not bad.  

Yes.  @rocat  The eldest sister is so comical.  Cracking up the tensed atmosphere for us a bit!  :lol:

It is good to see that this production puts a lot of efforts into character costumes, etiquette designs and scenery props though.

The Makeup and Hairstyling of the characters are from the Qin and Han Dynasty.

The sitting posture and lanterns are from the Ming and Qing Dynasty.

While the patterns on the Roof of the Gong Family manor are from the Tang and Song Dynasty.

I expect some Chinese viewers to complain that there are some Japanese elements in the stylings.  But they must remember that the Heian period in Japan, was the period when Japan "Copied" the culture of the Tang Dynasty of China.   While the Han Dynasty has hairstyles with exposed hair tails.  They should be more Confident of their Own Culture and know who copied who.

Looking forward to Ep 6

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0904%2F2391a1eaj00s0gpgo001lc000pu00n3m.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Just finished Ep 6.  It ends in a Cliffhanger.  Which makes me look forward to Ep 7.  They should give us at least 2 eps per day, shouldn't they?? 

Jin Fan, Gong Zi Yu's male assistant is a bit densed at times.  He could not interpret GZY's silent signal to him.  

And Eldest Sis, Gong Zi Shang gave us another Hilarious Scene.  :w00t:  Every male is her target.

Whether Yun Wei Shan (Esther) succeeds or fails in her Mission, I am sure what awaits her is "Death".

Acting-wise, I am impressed by Gong Yuan Zhi.  But I don't know the actor's name.   The Male and Female Leads' actings are only Mediocre.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0904%2Ffc24be06j00s0g5a000pdc000xc00hrm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Blob 1

I love the cinematography, the acting is also a pleasant surprise. The world building is quite interesting, and I like slow burn stories. 

The use of BGM is getting on my nerves a little bit though. The changes are so abrupt, especially in episode 5. Sometimes less is more, I don't think using BGM to signal so blatantly which emotion a scene is trying to convey is a good way to go about subtle, complex story-telling. It just makes the post-production seem mediocre. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

21 hours ago, galea said:

I love the cinematography, the acting is also a pleasant surprise. The world building is quite interesting, and I like slow burn stories. 

The use of BGM is getting on my nerves a little bit though. The changes are so abrupt, especially in episode 5. Sometimes less is more, I don't think using BGM to signal so blatantly which emotion a scene is trying to convey is a good way to go about subtle, complex story-telling. It just makes the post-production seem mediocre. 

@galea I agree with you on the Cinematography :blush:

I just finished Eps 7 & 8.  Exciting!

Yuan Wei Shan managed to bluff her way into the Rear Mountains.

While Gong Shang Jue and Yuan Zhi continue to conspire to stop Gong Zi Yu from becoming the next Sword Wielder.  This time they involve Lady Wuji.  Pestering her to reveal the truth about Gong Zi Yu's birth.

Another murder.  The kind and gentle Elder Yue is the Victim.  The Assassin?  I wonder if it is Shang Guan Qian or Lady Wuji.   His son succeeded him.  This man seems to lean towards Gong Zi Yu, whose Trial of the Three Realms was interrupted.

Meanwhile Shang Guan Qian and Yuan Wei Shan are troubled by the Poison - "Fortnight Flies" which they had to drink before they come to Gong's Jinchen Valley. 

Which means both of them have to carry out their missions.  Even if they are progressing well in the Love Department.

• Blob 1

Finished ep8 and I am so curious as to what the solution Yun Wei Shan thought of to help Gong Zi Yu.

One popped up in my head …

Spoiler

She’s having hot flushes caused by the poison and he’s not good with the cold. Go into the pool together for the first test! 

just wondering how they are going to do so ….so many ways. :lol:

11 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

The Assassin?  I wonder if it is Shang Guan Qian or Lady Wuji.

It could be Wu Ming, the assassin hiding for over 20 years in the household?

• Love 1

33 minutes ago, rocat said:

Finished ep8 and I am so curious as to what the solution Yun Wei Shan thought of to help Gong Zi Yu.

One popped up in my head …

Reveal hidden contents

She’s having hot flushes caused by the poison and he’s not good with the cold. Go into the pool together for the first test! 

just wondering how they are going to do so ….so many ways. :lol:

It could be Wu Ming, the assassin hiding for over 20 years in the household?

@rocat   

1) If "Anonymous" (Wu Ming) has been hiding in the Gong Family for over 20 years, then he or she should be about 40 years old by now.   And Lady Wuji fits this time-frame.  Besides, being the Sword Wielder's Concubine, she could find out a lot of Confidential Matters and send them back to Wu Feng.

But I am not sure.  There could be somebody else.  

2) As For the Trial of the Three Realms,  I like your idea.  Simply ingenious !  :glasses:

• Blob 1