[Upcoming Drama 2023] I Will Travel For You, 여행을 대신해 드립니- Gong Seung Yeon & Yoo Joon Sang

larus

Drama: I Will Travel For You

Hangul:여행을 대신해 드립니

Genre:

Network:

Episodes:

Director:

Writer:

Release Date:

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

I Will Travel For You will depict the story of Kang Yeo Reum, a former idol who has never been a center in her life, and her journey to find true success and meaning of life as a travel reporter who goes to trips on behalf of others. The drama will capture beautiful sceneries of various travel destinations and provide heart-warming stories and healing for viewers.

Notes

I Will Travel For You is adapted from the novel "Tabiya Okaeri" (旅屋おかえり) by Harada Maha (原田マハ).

Cast

Gong Seung Yeon as Kang Yeo Reum

Yoo Joon Sang as

Kim Jae-young as

Jin Goo as

Ha Seok Jin as

Jung Man Shik as

Kim Hye Hwa as

Lee Il Hwa as

Character descriptions

Kang Yeo Reum is a former girl group member who now has been a reporter for a travel program called “One Day Travel” for five years. Despite being known as the icon of positivity and optimism at work, Kang Yeo Reum hides anxiety about the future behind her happy façade.

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1

Gong Seung Yeon Confirmed For New Drama Based On Japanese Novel + Yoo Joon Sang In Talks To Join

gong-seung-yeon-yoo-joon-sang1.jpg?s=900

Mar 31, 2023
by M. Lim

Gong Seung Yeon and Yoo Joon Sang may be starring in a new drama together!

On March 30, Gong Seung Yeon’s agency VARO Entertainment confirmed that the actress will star in the new Japanese novel-based drama “I Will Travel For You” (tentative title). The next day on March 31, a source from Yoo Joon Sang’s agency Namoo Actors shared, “Yoo Joon Sang has received an offer [for the drama] and is positively reviewing [the offer].

Based on a popular Japanese novel of the same name, “I Will Travel For You” will depict the story of Kang Yeo Reum, a former idol who has never been a center in her life, and her journey to find true success and meaning of life as a travel reporter who goes to trips on behalf of others. The drama will capture beautiful sceneries of various travel destinations and provide heart-warming stories and healing for viewers.

Gong Seung Yeon will play the role of the female lead Kang Yeo Reum, a former girl group member who now has been a reporter for a travel program called “One Day Travel” for five years. Despite being known as the icon of positivity and optimism at work, Kang Yeo Reum hides anxiety about the future behind her happy façade.

The production team of “I Will Travel For You” commented on casting Gong Seung Yeon, “With her solid acting skills and distinct color, Gong Seung Yeon is an actress who perfectly suits the character Kang Yeo Reum of ‘I Will Travel For You.’ Along with Gong Seun Yeon’s passion for this project, this drama will deliver warmth and healing [to viewers]. Please show lots of love and interest.”

Filming for “I Will Travel For You” is reported to begin soon while the broadcast schedule is currently in discussion. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1576584wpp/gong-seung-yeon-confirmed-for-new-drama-based-on-japanese-novel-yoo-joon-sang-in-talks-to-join

• Like 2

by lo_ve, March 31, 2023
0 1

Yoo Joon Sang will possibly work alongside Gong Seung Yeon in the upcoming k-drama titled I Will Travel for You.

On March 31, media outlets revealed that Yoo Joon Sang has been picked as one of the main leads of the upcoming k-drama  I Will Travel for You. He will be the main lead alongside Gong Seung Yeon in the k-drama based on a Japanese novel. 

Yoo Joon Sang's agency responded to the casting news. According to Namoo Actors, Yoo Joon Sang did receive the proposal to star in the k-drama and he is positively reviewing it.

If Yoo Joon Sang confirms his appearance, this will be his third upcoming k-drama. The actor is set to star in the youth fantasy k-drama Sparkling Watermelon. He will also return to the new installment of The Uncanny Counter Season 2 and will work alongside Cho Byeong Kyu, Yeom Hye Ran, Kim Se Jeong, Ahn Suk Hwan, and Yoo In Soo.

Last year, Yoo Joon Sang focused on being part of the two seasons of the hit k-drama Alchemy of Souls. He also appeared in the films Re-Love and The Boys.

4egyYd_2f.jpg

I Will Travel For You will base its story on the Japanese novel Tabiya Okaeri which was also made a drama. The novel was written by Harada Maha and translated into Korean by Kim Seong Mi.

The upcoming k-drama will showcase the process of realizing the true success and meaning of life of an idol-turned-travel reporter. 

Gong Seung Yeon will portray the role of Kang Yeo Reum, a travel reported for five years. There are no details yet on the character that was offered to Yoo Joon Sang. 

Meanwhile, I Will Travel For You is still under discussion, and no finalized broadcast date and channel yet. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/yoo-joon-sang-in-talks-to-join-gong-seung-yeon-in-a-new-k-drama

• Like 2

News bites: April 1, 2023

by tccolb

Gong Seung-yeon (The First Responders) has been cast in a new drama called I Will Travel for You (roughly translated), playing a travel reporter who was once an idol. Based on a popular Japanese novel by Harada Maha, the drama has also tapped Yoo Joon-sang (Alchemy of Souls) who is currently reviewing the offer. [Newsen (1), (2)]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/news-bites-april-1-2023/

• 2 weeks later...

[Exclusive] Kim Jae-young, 'I will travel for you' appearance... Working with Gong Seung-yeon and Yoo Jun-sang

599706_832672_2545.jpg

Actor Kim Jae-young appears in the drama 'We will replace your trip'.

According to Spotify News coverage on the April14th, Kim Jae-young will join the drama 'I will travel for you'. It is planned to work with Gong Seung-yeon and Yoo Jun-sang, who were previously known to appear on the show.

The drama 'We will replace the trip' is a full-fledged healing trip emotional drama depicting the process of realizing the true success and meaning of life by replacing the trips requested by an idol-turned-travel reporter who has never been a center in his life.

Based on the popular novel of the same name that became a bestseller on Amazon in Japan, it was also made into a drama in Japan. Together with the beautiful scenery of the destination, we plan to deliver heart-warming impressions and healing.

Kim Jae-young is building a solid filmography by appearing in various works such as the dramas 'My Secret Romance', 'Black', 'Hundred Days My Prince', 'Eunju's Room', 'Secret Boutique', and 'Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful'. In 'A Person Like You', which ended in 2021, he drew attention as 'Seo Woo-jae', a sculptor with fatal charm, and played an active role as a Hallyu star in 'Wolsu, Geumhwa, Mokto' in 2022.

Meanwhile, the drama 'We will replace the trip' is discussing the organization and is in full swing preparing for filming.

https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=599706

• 2 weeks later...

Yoo Joon Sang Confirmed To Join Gong Seung Yeon In New Drama

20230426045722_yoo-js_gong-sy.jpg?s=900x

Apr 26, 2023
by S. Kim

Yoo Joon Sang and Gong Seung Yeon will be starring in a new drama together!

Based on a popular Japanese novel of the same name, “I Will Travel For You” (literal title) will depict the story of Kang Yeo Reum, a former idol who has never been a center in her life, and her journey to find true success and meaning of life as a travel reporter who goes to trips on behalf of others. The drama will capture beautiful sceneries of various travel destinations and provide heart-warming stories and healing for viewers.

Previously in March, Gong Seung Yeon was confirmed to play the role of the female lead Kang Yeo Reum, a former girl group member who now has been a reporter for a travel program called “One Day Travel” for five years. Despite being known as the icon of positivity and optimism at work, Kang Yeo Reum hides anxiety about the future behind her happy façade.

Yoo Joon Sang will take on the role of Oh Sang Sik, the CEO of Ogu Entertainment, the agency that Kang Yeo Reum is signed to. Born as the youngest son of a family of doctors, Oh Sang Sik went through a lot of ups and downs in his life from being a boxer to a CEO of an entertainment company. Feeling responsible for bringing Yeo Reum into the entertainment industry, Sang Sik maintains a close relationship with her for over 15 years.

The production team remarked, “Yoo Joon Sang’s presence itself already feels reassuring. Please look forward to not only the charms of character Oh Sang Sik that Yoo Joon Sang will portray but also the synergy that he will create while working with Gong Seung Yeon. Please show lots of anticipation and interest as to what kind of warm story the two actors will showcase with the theme of traveling.”

Filming for “I Will Travel For You” has kicked off while the broadcast schedule is currently in discussion. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1582772wpp/yoo-joon-sang-confirmed-to-join-gong-seung-yeon-in-new-drama

• Like 1

by lo_ve, April 26, 2023
3 0

Yoo Joon Sang will officially lead the upcoming adventure K-drama I Will Travel for You

On April 26, it was officially confirmed that Yoon Joon Sang will be working alongside Gong Seung Yeon in the upcoming K-drama I Will Travel for You. 

I Will Travel For You will depict its story from the Japanese novel titled Tabiya Okaeri by Harada Maha. The novel also had its Japanese adaptation. It will tell the story of Kang Yeo Reum, a former idol who has never experienced being the center of her entire life. The series will showcase her journey to finding the true meaning of life and success as she became a travel reporter who goes on trips on behalf of others. 

Yoo Joon Sang will play the role of Oh Sang Sik. He is the CEO of Ogu Entertainment, the agency where Kang Yeo Reum came from. He has experienced several struggles in his life. From being a boxer and now turned CEO of an entertainment agency. Because he is the one who introduced Kang Yeo Reum to the entertainment industry, he feels responsible and keeps on taking care of her. He maintains a close relationship with her for more than 15 years. 

Gong Seung Yeon will portray the role of Kang Yeo Reum. She was a member of a girl group before she became a travel reporter for the program titled 'One Day Travel." She has been a travel reporter now for five years. 

The production team of the K-drama shared, "We are already assured with just Yoo Joon Sang's participation. You can look forward not only to Yoon Joon Sang's character Oh Sang Sik but also to his synergy with Gong Seung Yeon's character. Please look forward to the warm healing story that will be showcased on 'I Will Travel For You'."

I Will Travel For You already began its filming. The airing date is still under discussion.

1wvyJ3_2f.png

Before Yoo Joon Sang stars in I Will Travel For You, he will first return to the new season of The Uncanny Counter Season 2: Counter Punch. He will reunite with Cho Byeong Kyu, Yeom Hye Ran, Kim Se Jeong,  and Ahn Suk Hwan in the much-anticipated K-drama. 

Yoo Joon Sang will also join the upcoming fantasy K-drama Sparkling Watermelon wherein he will work alongside Ryeoun, Choi Hyun Wook, Seol In Ah, Shin Eun Soo, Choi Won Young, and iKON's June.

https://mydramalist.com/article/yoo-joon-sang-confirmed-to-be-gong-seung-yeon-s-male-lead-in-i-will-travel-for-you

• Like 2

Kim Jae-young joins ‘I Will Travel for You’, working with Gong Seung-yeon and Yoo Jun-sang

optimize

Gong Seung-yeon plays Kang Ye-reum, a former idol who is currently working as a travel reporter, and Yoo Jun-sang plays Oh Sang-shik, the representative of the entertainment company that Kang Ye-reum belongs to. Confirmed appearance.

Kim Jae-young plays the role of Lee Yeon-seok, who chose the path of a film student after graduating from a prestigious engineering college and hitting a large company in a year. He wanted to walk on the solid road after winning a prize at a small film festival in Korea with a short film, but after that, he prepares a screenplay for his debut film for the second year and earns a living by various part-time jobs such as editing assistants at broadcasting stations. As an engineering student, he is strong with numbers, but surprisingly, he has the sensitivity of a film director and likes the hidden stories contained in the frame. Lee Yeon-seok is in charge of editing the travel corner hosted by Kang Ye-reum (played by Gong Seung-yeon), raising the anticipation of what kind of development their special relationship will lead to.

In particular, Kim Jae-young is raising expectations by predicting that he will show a new acting transformation with a character with a charm that is 180 degrees different from the characters shown in previous works in 'I will replace the trip'. Above all, the meeting with Gong Seung-yeon and Yoo Jun-sang also stimulates curiosity. As actors armed with a variety of charms, expectations for what kind of interesting story will be synergized and 'we will replace the trip' are rising day by day.

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202304281005356310

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?5030804

• Like 1

Kim Jae Young Confirmed To Join Gong Seung Yeon And Yoo Joon Sang In New Drama

20230428022620_kim-jy_gong-sy_yoo-js.jpg

Apr 28, 2023
by S. Kim

Kim Jae Young will be starring in a new drama together with Gong Seung Yeon and Yoo Joon Sang!

Based on a popular Japanese novel of the same name, “I Will Travel For You” (literal title) will depict the story of Kang Yeo Reum (Gong Seung Yeon), a former idol who has never been a center in her life, and her journey to find true success and meaning of life as a travel reporter who goes to trips on behalf of others. The drama will capture beautiful sceneries of various travel destinations and provide heart-warming stories and healing for viewers.

Previously, Gong Seung Yeon was confirmed to play the role of the female lead Kang Yeo Reum and Yoo Joon Sang was confirmed to take on the role of Oh Sang Sik, the CEO of Ogu Entertainment, the agency that Kang Yeo Reum is signed to.

Kim Jae Young will portray Lee Yeon Seok, who chooses to study film after graduating from a prestigious engineering school and quitting a large company after just one year. His new career path seems to be successful at first as he wins a prize at a small domestic film festival with his short film, but afterwards, he makes a living by doing several part-time jobs while writing screenplays. Lee Yeon Seok becomes the person in charge of editing a travel program hosted by Kang Yeo Reum.

Filming for “I Will Travel For You” has kicked off while the broadcast schedule is currently in discussion.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583301wpp/kim-jae-young-confirmed-to-join-gong-seung-yeon-and-yoo-joon-sang-in-new-drama

• Like 1

by lo_ve, April 28, 2023
4 0

Kim Jae Young will be joining Gong Seung Yeon and Yoo Joon Sang for the upcoming adventure K-drama I Will Travel for You

On April 28, Kim Jae Young’s agency HB Entertainment announced that the actor has confirmed his appearance in the upcoming K-drama I Will Travel for You

This will be his follow-up K-drama after the 2022 series Love in Contract with Park Min Young, Go Kyung Pyo, Lee Joo Bin, Kang Hyung Suk, and Jin Kyung

Kim Jae Young made his acting debut in 2013 through the film  No Breathing with Lee Jong Suk, Seo In Guk, Girls Generation's Kwon Yu Ri, Park Chul Min, Jeon Bo Mi, and Park Jung Chul. Since then, he has been active both in K-dramas and films. 

He is known for being part of the cast of the K-dramas Hello Monster, Yong Pal, The Master of Revenge, My Secret Romance, Black, 100 Days My Prince, Dear My Room, Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life, Reflection of You, and more. 

kAypwv_2f.jpg

I Will Travel for You is an emotionally healing K-drama that will showcase the process of realizing the true meaning of life and success through trips. It will focus on idol turned reporter who has never put herself in the center of her life. The K-drama will depict its story from the Japanese novel titled Tabiya Okaeri by Harada Maha. 

Kim Jae Young will play the character named Lee Yeon Seok. He is an aspiring film director. He graduated from a prestigious engineering university. After working for only a year at a large company, he decided to quit and pursue his passion for film. He decided to become a film student and won a small film festival in the country. 

Lee Yeon Seok then got in charge of editing the travel program hosted by the idol-turned-reporter Kang Yeo Reum (played by Gong Sung Yeon). This raises curiosity about what special relationship the two will have in the upcoming K-drama. 

The production of I Will Travel for You is currently preparing to film. The broadcast details are still under discussion. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-jae-young-confirmed-to-star-in-the-upcoming-k-drama-i-will-travel-for-you

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
by lo_ve, May 11, 2023
8 2

Hong Soo Hyun, Yoo Ji Yeon, NU'EST's Kang Baek Ho, Dong Hyun Bae, Oh Hyun Joong, and Park Bo Yeon will be added to the cast of the upcoming K-drama I Will Travel for You.

On May 11, it was officially confirmed that Gong Seung Yeon, Yoo Joon Sang, and Kim Jae Young will be joined by the supporting casts Hong Soo Hyun, Yoo Ji Yeon, Kang Baek Ho, Dong Hyun Bae, Oh Hyun Joong, and Park Bo Yeon in  I Will Travel for You

I Will Travel for You will be based on the Japanese novel titled Tabiya Okaeri by Harada Maha. It will tell the story of an idol-turned-reporter who will realize the true meaning of success and life through trips. 

There are still no official details on the broadcast channel and release date of the upcoming K-drama. According to reports, the production is already preparing to begin the filming of the series.

2wQ3mk_2f.jpg

Hong Soo Hyun will play the role of Yoo Ha Na. She is the financial director of Ogu Entertainment. She has been in a relationship with Yoo Joon Sang's character Oh Sang Sik for 10 years. 

Yoo Ji Yeon will play the role of Yang Sun Ah. She is the ex-wife of Oh Sang Sik and runs the pub name, Dorothy. 

Kang Baek Ho on the other hand will play the role of Cha Si Wan. He is a top idol who successfully transformed into an acting idol.

Dong Hyun Bae will give life to the character named PD Song. He is in charge of the program where Gong Seung Yeon's character Kang Yeo Reum is active as a travel reporter. 

Oh Hyun Joong will play the role of Hyeon Baram, another employee of Ogu Entertainment. He is the planning director of the company and also the manager of Kang Yeo Reum. 

Lastly, Park Bo Yeon will play the role of Go Eun Chae. She is a fellow member of Kang Yeo Reum in the idol group.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/more-casts-revealed-for-the-upcoming-k-drama-i-will-travel-for-you

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, May 19, 2023

Bd7N8R_2f.jpg

On May 19th, the drama I Will Travel for You unveiled its lineup of special appearances, which will join lead actors Gong Seung Yeon, Yoo Joon Sang, and Kim Jae Young to lead diverse episodes. Jin Goo, Ha Seok Jin, Jung Man Shik, Kim Hye Hwa, and Lee Il Hwa will participate, enhancing the solidity and richness of the story and adding further brilliance to the drama.

I Will Travel for You is an authentic healing trip drama based on the Japanese bestselling novel by Maha Harada. The story revolves around an idol-turned-travel reporter who has never been the center of attention in her life. She takes on travel assignments on behalf of others and discovers true success and the meaning of life. Each episode depicts heartwarming stories and dynamic events of the travelers' requests while also showcasing the charm of travel through beautiful landscapes across South Korea.

Given the nature of the drama, with different travelers appearing in each episode and their stories unfolding alongside new travel destinations, the special appearances in I Will Travel for You are expected to play a vital role in leading the narrative and maximizing immersion. With the confirmed cast of Jin Goo, Ha Seok Jin, Jung Man Shik, Kim Hye Hwa, and Lee Il Hwa, all possessing solid acting skills and charisma, anticipation grows regarding the characters they will portray in the drama.

The production team stated, "We aimed to cast the most suitable actors for each character in every episode. Thanks to these trustworthy actors' special appearances, the drama's charm will come to life even more vividly. We ask for your continued interest and high expectations for the characters they will portray and the heartwarming stories they will bring."

Meanwhile, the drama I Will Travel for You schedule is still under discussion, and preparations for full-scale filming have commenced.

https://mydramalist.com/article/i-will-travel-for-you-cast-lineup-revealed-with-special-appearances-by-jin-goo-and-ha-seok-jin

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Gong Seung-yeon·Yoo Jun-sang·Kim Jae-young·Hong Su-hyeon 'We will replace the trip'/I will Travel For You, from the script reading to 'success'

The drama 'I will Travel for You' unveiled the script reading scene full of passion and laughter, predicting the birth of a healing drama.It is a full-fledged healing trip emotional drama depicting the process of realizing true success and the meaning of life by representing an idol-turned-travel reporter who has never been a center in his life. Director Kang Sol, who was recognized for his sensuous directing skills through 'Show Window: The Queen's House' and 'Delivery Man', and writer Jeong Hoe-hyeon, who showed witty writing skills and a story full of empathy through 'Self-Illuminated Office', came together. Here, the warm healing story that embraces the beautiful scenery and travel charm of Korea is expected to capture the hearts of viewers.

527490_653491_5042.jpg

On this day, director Kang Sol, writer Jung Hoi-hyeon, Gong Seung-yeon, Yoo Jun-sang, Kim Jae-young, Hong Soo-hyun, Yoo Ji-yeon, Dong Hyun-bae, Oh Hyun-joong, Park Bo-yeon, Kim Hye-hwa, Lim Do-yoon, Seo Jae-woo, Yoo Su-jeong, and Lee Yu-bin all came out to shine. Prior to the start, director Sol Kang expressed his determination, saying, "I hope everyone will have fun working on the set. I will do my best to fully deliver that impression to the viewers." I hope it will happen. I will work hard to back up from behind so that it can happen," boosting the morale of all the actors and staff at the scene.

As soon as the script reading began, the actors instantly immersed themselves in their respective roles and performed passionately, reminiscent of the actual filming site. Even though it was their first meeting, they perfectly implemented the characters, revealing their respective charms and presence, and created a friendly atmosphere where laughter blossomed from beginning to end, making them more excited about what kind of synergy will be completed in the drama.

https://www.newsculture.press/news/articleView.html?idxno=527490

• Like 2

• 7 months later...