[Drama 2024] Hide, 하이드

larus

4 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

An actor's face is their biggest asset, so am gonna say that the "scar" on Do Jin Woo is just the magic of good makeup LoL.

Good point, but for me an actor's best assets are his abs.

:hwaiting2:

I'm shallow, I know. lol

• LOL 1

@Latte_Anyday @Tango27 Omo, omo, omo.... Ep 6

surprise wtf GIF

Putting my thoughts in spoilers in case you haven't watched it yet.

Spoiler
  • Who was surprised that Sung Jae and Yeon Joo were having an affair for a long time?
    Sign Language Asl GIF by Sign with Robert
  • Am glad that we finally got to see what a scumbag Sung Jae really is!
  • Was happy to see some bonding between Moon Young and Jin Woo. The fact that he is an "accidental" murderer and that she is a daughter of a murderer really made sense. She has shown time and time again that she isn't judgemental of him and his past, and her being the daughter of a murderer must have caused a lot of social stigma for her too.
  • I just can't with Sung Jae's family. 😡 They're all dirty individuals.
  • What's the deal with the guy in the wheelchair? Is he really disabled / suffering from dementia, or is there more to the story than what we've seen so far?
  • Okay, so the kid is cute but her character is kind of annoying. I have a feeling that she's gonna cause trouble down the line.
  • What if Jin Woo's daughter is actually Bom? 😱
  • Oh, and now that we know that Sung Jae was cheating on Moon Young (presumably) for years, Moon Young should have no qualms about jumping into bed Jin Woo. Go for it girl! :D
    (I do realize that this is a kdrama, but I hope they would allow the women to get a second chance too instead of always having to end up alone when their husbands cheat).

@Latte_Anyday your theory regarding the scar was correct. They showed in ep 6 how he got it.

@joccu did you drop this drama? It's just getting better! Ep 5 and 6 were stellar.

@rocher22 Join my ship :D

650cf2c0-856a-46e7-979b-5d21246626f5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

YaY for Do Jin Woo, Moon Young moments in ep. 06. Good news for ya huh? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge ahah! @partyon But this year must be the season for men behaving badly across all asian dramas. From China.. Thailand.. Taiwan.. and yes - South Korea. Tsk tsk.

Sung Jae didn't just stop at committing the crimes. Oh no no no, 'cause y'know why stop there right?! He does somethin' infinitely W O R S T. He is in cahoots literally with Dir. Joo! And she moved in next to e.o. so they could jump e.o. whenever they felt like it (facepalms)

Now I think I might reconsider dropping this drama  - again. And I take back what I said 'bout Bom LoL. Moon Young I beg you PLEASE LEAVE Bom, Sung Jae and the in-laws. Remove yourself immediately!! Bom is a brat and a daddy's girl ; let them have her for all I care. Your mental health, happiness is your main priority AND oh go shack up with Do Jin Woo asap LMFAo!

• Blob 2

this was the furious phase where MY has to give him all the benifites of the doubt while still sticking to her guns 

i kno its for the sake of boma

its good that the bomb ending gave me some relief > 

and I sure saw that entanglement coming.. cause she was no ugly mafia boss ( we still dont know whats her relation to the big boss with dementia ) or is this another trap

but i think I am still confused..does this mean the kidnapping was real of a set up ! were they pulling her leg but no cause he tried to kill her ? so whats real and whats not..did he hide from his creep mistress or not !

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

YaY for Do Jin Woo, Moon Young moments in ep. 06. Good news for ya huh? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge ahah! 

:fullofhearts:

But this year must be the season for men behaving badly across all asian dramas. From China.. Thailand.. Taiwan.. and yes - South Korea. Tsk tsk.

Really??? Which dramas from Thailand and Taiwan have had cheating hubbies?

Tell Deon Cole GIF by Team Coco

@joccu and I kinda like watching Thai lakorns with really barf husbands. I really don't know why.:D

Your mental health, happiness is your main priority AND oh go shack up with Do Jin Woo asap LMFAo!

Yes, agree to this! We need a Noona Romance, pali!

5 hours ago, Tango27 said:

cause she was no ugly mafia boss ( we still dont know whats her relation to the big boss with dementia ) or is this another trap

This is the weirdest part of the drama. I just can't figure out the dude in the wheelchair.

5 hours ago, Tango27 said:

does this mean the kidnapping was real of a set up ! were they pulling her leg but no cause he tried to kill her ? so whats real and whats not..did he hide from his creep mistress or not !

This is a good point. One that I was also wondering about. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not a fully horrible human being and that he was actually trying to get away - but got pulled in again. Buuuuut.... We saw him in the car in ep 1 with mistress. So am wondering if she was in on him disappearing after all.

Also, what the heck is with her baking and eating cookies non-stop?

Cookie Monster Eating GIF by Sesame Street

• Like 2

EVENT: Noona Romances with the BEST Chemistry

NR_6.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1f96a09915e084d3

Noona romances - love them or hate them - do let us know which couples with an age gap had the best chemistry. :glasses:

Your Event Organizers

• Like 1

I'm LoLing at your post!! @Tango27 The "she's no ugly mafia boss" LMFAo!! Gosh I have tears from laughing so hard!!

So u mean to say that IF Dir. Joo really was u g l y, Sung Jae would remain faithful LoL? That still don't excuse the awful crimes he did my dear LoL. He's still a terrible human being. I especially hated how arrogant he was in talking back at Moon Young when he got pulled away by the detective. And oh him telling her to play ignorant - seriously Sung Jae?! Unbelievable. Or his father only concerned 'bout the shame on the family. Please.

@partyon

My worry was her destroying the evidence in the same oven used to bake the same cookies, pastries for the ladies' high tea meet-ups ahah. I mean the chemical radiation exposure? Isn't that dangerous to health idk LoL!? Dir. Joo doesn't care either way. She looks so bored LoL.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@Latte_Anyday

oh nah ..I didnt mean it that way.. i meant the fact that she is what she ( character and actress )  made sense that one thing would follow another..and why she would be next door 

but what kind of dangerous affiar is going on anyway.. she kidnapped him and sent him to prison and he almost killed her and hid from her ! cause that what happened or wut..thrill kill MAKEOUT..

not that its not a thing that actually happens 

the case against him still holds ! how did that dead man was riding his car and had his docs and how did he hide using  dead man stuff..just cause  they put him at another spot 

>>>

dr joo might be baking weed cookies to make an all around mafia mama

Mafia Mamma GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

• LOL 2

why should anyone die lol... maybe two were enough ..anyway i voted 

i dont think the father suicide has to do with the events now.. i think its just a heroine backstory to her to have a dad  complex and to link the past and the present 

the wheelchair man stays a question mark ..anything goes 

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, Tango27 said:

why should anyone die lol... maybe two were enough ..anyway i voted 

Because it's a thriller, chingu. We always gotta have a "Death Poll" with thrillers. Someone will surely die.

Season 2 Pointing GIF by NBC

When putting up this poll, I realized that I had so many more questions I could have asked:

- Do you want Moon Young and Do Jin Woo to end up together?

- Will Do Jin Woo find his daughter?

- Did Cha Seung Jae really try to stage his own death or was it all set up by cookie monster lady?

Oh well, I can always put up a new poll after this week's episodes :coolshades:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Jin Woo is my fav character... He and the detective are a good team.

I like him too :fullofhearts:

And I like that Moon Young isn't afraid to stand up for herself and justice. I mean I still think she should have given the police the video of her hubby and MIL, but I am gonna trust the process here. Am gonna trust she will hand it over when she's ready.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Jin Woo is my fav character... He and the detective are a good team.

they are a good team. 

17 hours ago, partyon said:

And I like that Moon Young isn't afraid to stand up for herself and justice. I mean I still think she should have given the police the video of her hubby and MIL, but I am gonna trust the process here. Am gonna trust she will hand it over when she's ready.

Moon Young should take her daughter and herself away as far as possible from that monster of a mother in law, and husband and weak father in law, all for greed. How can they sleep???. That poor daughter will be unimaginably traumatized. I hope she had copies of that video of hubby and MIL killing Tae Su. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@lila21 @rocher22 @Latte_Anyday @Tango27 Another good episode today.

I liked how they got to the root cause of what was going on. We found out the true story of Wheelchair haraboji.

I cant believe what a rotten person Cha Seung Jae turned out to be though.

:Furious:

At least I was glad to see Cookie Monster lady get scammed by him too. Looks like she was too much in love to suspect that he would scam her out of the money. And smart of Moon Young to now try to utilize her in order to take ex-hubby down.

The small snippets of Moon Young and Do Jin Woo really warmed my heart, though. I was a bit sad that Moon Young said that an affair between the two of them would be a "totally unbelievable story".

:brokenheart:

I just don't know why, but the talk about Do Jin Woo's daughter and him not finding out who adopted her.... Why do I keep going back to thinking it could be Bom....? Is it too farfetched of a theory, peeps? We don't know - but Bom could be adopted for all we know.

• Like 1

Whom I would like to get her due is grandmother. She still thinks she is not wrong to help her son kill another human being because she does not want her son to get caught scamming. She needs to get imprisoned together with her son. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lila21 said:

Whom I would like to get her due is grandmother. She still thinks she is not wrong to help her son kill another human being because she does not want her son to get caught scamming. She needs to get imprisoned together with her son. 

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

@lebeaucouple chingu, did you already watch ep 7. Thoughts?

Are you also a Do Jin Woo - Moon Young shipper?

Korean Drama Netflix GIF by The Swoon

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

@lebeaucouple chingu, did you already watch ep 7. Thoughts?

Are you also a Do Jin Woo - Moon Young shipper?

Haha. Thanks for the tagging.

No way to ship both of them, their chemistry is too far away. I don't even think they have romance on this drama. Lee Bo Young pity him only. This is not love but I would be surprised if anyone highlighted in this forum...I would be fainted, sorry. 🙃🫣

The drama has a truth-seeking, onion-peeling-every-episode vibe. The female lead is very brave and intelligent. Every episode gave me the urge to wonder why he was hiding and given up his identity all of a sudden, and the suspicious female neighbor finally revealed her true face. She was having an affair with the heroine’s husband.. 🤔Shocking at the end of the EP 7.....

I did not watch the original version of the drama series, it is based on 2017-2020 BBC Popular TV series "Keeping Faith." They were very popular and released in different seasons. Have you watched the original version? 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

I did not watch the original version of the drama series, it is based on 2017-2020 BBC Popular TV series "Keeping Faith." They were very popular and released in different seasons. Have you watched the original version? 

Only snippets of the original and I happen to know that in the original drama....

MAJOR SPOILER - DON'T OPEN UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT THE ORIGINAL KEEPING FAITH FL'S LOVE LIFE

Spoiler

She does end up having a romance with another man than her husband in the end. Actually, she even ends up pregnant...And the baby is not her husband's.

But knowing that this is a kdrama where the Female Lead is supposed to be depicted holier than the holiest (LOL), am fairly sure that they will change this arc.

14 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

No way to ship both of them, their chemistry is too far away. I don't even think they have romance on this drama. Lee Bo Young pity him only. This is not love but I would be surprised if anyone highlighted in this forum...I would be fainted, sorry. 🙃🫣

Oh, am surprised to hear that. I actually find them to have quite nice chemistry.

I think it's unfair that women whose husbands cheat in kdramas always end up alone in the end. Dr Cha, Mine, The World of the Married, etc.

The FLs are allowed to find a new nice guy too, you know. Especially a younger one :naughty:

Oh well, @Latte_Anyday and I will keep shipping them - haha :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@partyon Thanks for the spoiler, sorry too curious to know her ending...😄

The World of the Married - the female lead did go out with her colleague who work in the same hospital in the end..... (the colleague actor is now the Male lead in the drama HIDE, hahaha) 

Perhaps I am too focus on finding the truth of this drama and thus did not focus so much on their noona romance, if there is any in future. Currently I view them as "working partner" to find out where about the husband. But EP7 we have already known  the half truth, except the neighbour's female story...Let's see EP8

• Like 2
  • LOL 1