[Drama 2023] Not Others/Strangers, 남남

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 10 !:).

“Not Others” Continues Reign Over Monday-Tuesday Dramas With No. 1 Ratings + “My Lovely Liar” And “Heartbeat” Rise

“Not Others” Continues Reign Over Monday-Tuesday Dramas With No. 1 Ratings + “My Lovely Liar” And “Heartbeat” Rise

ENA’s “Not Others” continues its successful streak at No. 1 in ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 10 of ENA’s “Not Others” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.4 percent. Despite seeing a small dip from its personal best score of 4.5 percent from the previous episode, the drama successfully remained at No. 1 in ratings among Monday-Tuesday dramas.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1607352wpp/not-others-continues-reign-over-monday-tuesday-dramas-with-no-1-ratings-my-lovely-liar-and-heartbeat-rise

On 8/10/2023 at 5:28 PM, partyon said:

@africandramalover Am watching ep 7 now. Just started and this is the first time the mom is actually pissing me off with her selfishness. She just said "just treat him like a sugar daddy" to the daughter while the dad heard it. She obviously knew he would hear it. Very passive aggressive and not cool at all.

Mum has never really grown up, has she? mum is a grown up teen, but it's very consistent with her character. 

Dad is a softie, being yanked around by mum... Does he tolerate it because of guilt?

• Like 4

Spoiler

Sooyoung And Jeon Hye Jin Are Distressed To Meet Ahn Jae Wook’s Parents In “Not Others”

Sooyoung And Jeon Hye Jin Are Distressed To Meet Ahn Jae Wook’s Parents In “Not Others”

ENA’s “Not Others” has unveiled new stills capturing an awkward encounter!

Based on a popular webtoon, “Not Others” is a comedy drama that tells the delightful cohabitation story of a clumsy mother and her coolheaded daughter. Jeon Hye Jin stars as Kim Eun Mi, a bubbly physical therapist and single mother with a 29-year-old daughter. Sooyoung plays Eun Mi’s daughter Kim Jin Hee, a police station patrol team leader who urgently needs to crack down on her mother rather than on her cases.

The newly released stills capture Kim Eun Mi, Kim Jin Hee, and Park Jin Hong (Ahn Jae Wook) standing awkwardly as they find Park Jin Hong’s parents who came to visit Eun Mi and Jin Hee at their house. Eun Mi looks at Jin Hong’s parents anxiously whereas her daughter Jin Hee looks uncomfortable about the situation.

not-others-01.jpg

In front of them is Jin Hong, who is throwing a sharp gaze at his parents without hiding the discomfort. As Jin Hong has always been considerate of others and lived a restrained life, his face unusually full of emotion catches viewers’ attention.

not-others-03.jpgnot-others-04.jpg

Park Jin Hong’s parents also look tense in the still image below. They have not been in touch with their son Jin Hong for several years, but they come to visit Eun Mi and Jin Hee for an unknown reason. Viewers are curious to find out about whether Jin Hong will be able to protect Eun Mi and Jin Hee from his parents this time.

Spoiler

not-others-02.jpg

The next episode of “Not Others” will air on August 21 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608247wpp/sooyoung-and-jeon-hye-jin-are-distressed-to-meet-ahn-jae-wooks-parents-in-not-others

• Like 2

Sooyoung And Park Sung Hoon Lean In Close In “Not Others”

Aug 21, 2023
by S. Nam

ENA’s “Not Others” has shared more stills ahead of tonight’s broadcast!

Based on a popular webtoon, “Not Others” is a comedy drama that tells the delightful cohabitation story of a clumsy mother and her coolheaded daughter. Jeon Hye Jin stars as Kim Eun Mi, a bubbly physical therapist and single mother with a 29-year-old daughter. Sooyoung plays Eun Mi’s daughter Kim Jin Hee, a police station patrol team leader who urgently needs to crack down on her mother rather than on her cases.

Spoilers

With only two episodes remaining until the finale, Kim Jin Hee and Eun Jae Won (Park Sung Hoon) are making viewers’ hearts flutter as they gradually fall for one another. In particular, the preview for episode 11 raised anticipation for their romance and teased a change in their relationship, with Kim Jin Hee asking Eun Jae Won, “Sunbae, do you like me?”

The newly released stills depict Kim Jin Hee and Eun Jae Won a moment away from a kiss. The two gaze at each other gently, creating a much softer atmosphere than in the past. Amidst a warmly lit room, they exchange glances, highlighting the shift in their relationship.

Sooyoung-Park-Sung-Hoon-1-.jpg

Sooyoung-Park-Sung-Hoon-2-.jpg

The production team shared, “In today’s (August 21) broadcast of episode 11, Kim Jin Hee and Eun Jae Won confirm each other’s feelings. Viewers will be able to see their closer relationship as well as a romantic and intimate scene that follows. Choi Sooyoung and Park Sung Hoon will deliver the heart-fluttering [feelings] of romance with their chemistry that is beyond perfect, so please show lots of interest and anticipation.”

The second to final episode of “Not Others” will air on August 21 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608303wpp/sooyoung-and-park-sung-hoon-lean-in-close-in-not-others

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 11 !:).

“Not Others” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High + “My Lovely Boxer” Joins Ratings Battle

“Not Others” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High + “My Lovely Boxer” Joins Ratings Battle

ENA’s “Not Others” has set another personal ratings record!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 11 of “Not Others” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.7 percent. This is a 0.3 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 4.4 percent, also marking a new personal best score.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608447wpp/not-others-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high-my-lovely-boxer-joins-ratings-battle

• Like 1

Not Others achieved a new best-ever nationwide rating of 4.68% for its penultimate episode while remaining the most-watched show on ENA. The K-drama will now air its finale.

pdkO7V_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Not Others?

Episode 12 of Not Others will air on August 22nd (Tuesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-min-hyun-s-my-lovely-liar-ratings-drop

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2023] Not Others/Strangers, 남남

Here are the ratings for Episode 12 *Last episode* !:).

“Not Others” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

“Not Others” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

Not Others” went out on an all-time high!

According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Not Others” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 5.5 percent, marking its new personal best score. The drama premiered to an average nationwide rating of 1.3 percent and continued to set new personal bests in ratings with each episode except for episode 10.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608731wpp/not-others-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

Really enjoyed this show, but it was way too short. It made the last episode rushed, so much time was taken with the thriller part of it, and just as it was time to settle in with all the characters and their new relationships, they are off and away. I don’t think it really helps, since Korean dramas usually last 16 to 20 episodes, to try to conform to others to be bought up by Netflix or Disney or Apple or whoever. Sure less episodes may benefit some stories but it really isn’t the rhythm up until now and some shows have been coming out very cramped at the end.

However, congratulations to the cast, and for the most part, a lot of the writing and directing…

20230823030224_Not-Others-making-of.jpg?Watch: Sooyoung Grabs Park Sung Hoon’s Chin In “Not Others” Making-Of Clip

Aug 23, 2023
by S. Kim

ENA’s “Not Others” has gifted viewers with the behind-the-scenes clip of Sooyoung and Park Sung Hoon’s kiss!

Based on a popular webtoon, “Not Others” is a comedy drama that tells the delightful cohabitation story of a clumsy mother and her coolheaded daughter. Sooyoung plays Eun Mi’s (Jeon Hye Jin’s) daughter Kim Jin Hee, a police station patrol team leader who urgently needs to crack down on her mother rather than on her cases, and Park Sung Hoon plays police director Eun Jae Won, Jin Hee’s senior from the police academy.

On August 22, “Not Others” dropped a behind-the-scenes video of Sooyoung and Park Sung Hoon’s kiss scene. The new making-of clip begins with the director, Sooyoung, and Park Sung Hoon rehearsing the movement and angles to film the perfect kiss scene.

When filming the scene where Kim Jin Hee asks Eun Jae Won, “Just simply answer me. Does Eun Jae Won like me?” Park Sung Hoon turns around and asks the director, “How should I answer her?” Soon, the set bursts into laughter as Park Sung Hoon answers, “Yes,” in a high tone of voice with a light-hearted vibe.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608747wpp/watch-sooyoung-grabs-park-sung-hoons-chin-in-not-others-making-of-clip

• Like 2

Not Others concluded with its best-ever viewership of 5.53%. The average rating of the drama is 3.46%. The ENA show commenced with a nationwide rating of 1.26% and consistently continued to rise in domestic ratings throughout its run. It hit a new milestone every week and was a hit among domestic viewers. 

jQWbDd_2f.png

Where to watch the K-drama Not Others?

All the episodes of Not Others are available to stream on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/sports-k-drama-my-lovely-boxer-achieves-decent-domestic-ratings-in-its-premiere-week

• Like 1

Not Others: Episodes 11-12 (Final)

by Dramaddictally

We’re sending our mother-daughter duo off this week in the quiet and understated manner I’ve come to expect from this drama – no matter how much it tries to pretend it’s brash and loud. Even if the final scene has me feeling conflicted, I know I’m going to miss these characters on my screen each week. They stayed true to themselves until the end, with a heartfelt story that felt as real as it did outrageous.

EPISODES 11-12

We begin with Eun-mi in the hospital following her stab wound last week. As expected, she recovers without a hiccup but in the process she learns just how many people truly care about her. Jin-hong cares so much he moves into the same apartment building as Eun-mi and Jin-hee and comes over every day to support Eun-mi’s recovery and let Jin-hee relax while he’s got it covered.

Things are moving along fine until Jin-hong’s snooty parents suddenly appear and try to weasel their way into his life again. This time, they want Eun-mi to marry Jin-hong (after they request a DNA test to prove Jin-hee is really his daughter) and then they want to coerce Eun-mi and Jin-hee into living how they see fit. Jin-hong is amenable to marriage but he doesn’t want Eun-mi to feel forced and leaves the decision up to her.

Not Others: Episodes 11-12 (Final)

At first, Eun-mi considers marrying Jin-hong for Jin-hee’s sake. She feels that Jin-hee would benefit from having more people to love her — and Jin-hong’s parents are already considering an inheritance for Jin-hee. However, when everyone gets together for dinner, the parents start laying the pressure on thick. They throw their money in Eun-mi’s face, saying they could give Jin-hee a better education – and anyway, she should be a doctor or a professor, not a cop.

Jin-hong intervenes and tells them to stop but when they won’t, Eun-mi says she’s refusing the marriage and then excuses herself and Jin-hee from the restaurant. Afterward, Jin-hong and his sister both tell their parents they’re cutting ties with them and leave with Eun-mi and Jin-hee. The four of them ride home in the car together and it’s nice to see them all getting along.

Later, Eun-mi and Jin-hee argue about who was more hurt by the whole grandparent fiasco and Eun-mi kicks Jin-hee out of the apartment. This is perfect because with nowhere to go Jin-hee ends up with Jae-won having a few drinks and getting a (sort of) confession (at least, that’s how I read it!). He understands when she complains about her mom and says he gets it because he’s been observing her – the way she talks, smiles, runs (and this whole leadup feels like a slow burn that I can’t wait for).

It takes a little more time, but one night Jin-hee winds up at Jae-won’s house a little tipsy and asks if he likes her. He pauses briefly before saying yes and then she drops her purse on the floor and pulls him in for a kiss. Their scenes are always fraught with tension because of how much Jae-won holds back, and this scene is no exception, which makes the moment pretty heart fluttering.

She spends the night in his bed, but we only see the morning after where he’s making breakfast. Jin-hee is honest and ready for coupledom while Jae-won is reserved thinking about the fact that she’s supposed to return to her position at headquarters soon. He lies that last night was an accident but she tells him he’s a bad liar and it looks like she has no intention of backing down now.

Just at that moment, she gets the news that her grandmother has died – meaning Mi-jung’s mom, the woman who took in Eun-mi as a teenager and helped raise Jin-hee. She rushes out to the funeral to meet her mom and Mi-jung, where all three act as chief mourners, and Jae-won later appears with the police team to show their support for her.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/not-others-episodes-11-12-final/

• Like 1