[Drama 2023] Not Others/Strangers, 남남

larus

59 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

all  while she have best intentions at heart  :tounge_wink:

I guess she's just trying to find her daughter a hot step-father. :D

@Learry @joccu @Ameera Ali @kokodus @sweetroad

When you fight with your mom over who should do the laundry but end up throwing your dirty underwear by mistake out of the window in the tussle...

image.png?width=1300&height=721

Spoiler

image.png?width=1333&height=694

For it to land on a man biking on the street

Spoiler

image.png?width=1188&height=730

image.png?width=1401&height=729

But when you run down the stairs to retrieve said underwear, you realize that he's your sunbae from Police University :grimace:

image.png?width=1431&height=729

Oops. :sweats:

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

I think he was lucky that he was wearing a helmet. If I understood correctly, said underwear hadn't been laundered yet.

Helmet wouldn’t have save him , if she was the kind who like to wear grandma pants :mrgreen:

IMG-0799.gif

• LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

@kokodus @Ameera Ali  Daughter was transferred for a year to the local police due to a police scandal. Turns out that helmet guy is her new boss. :D

On to ep 2. According to the preview it looks like mom's underwear has been disappearing lately and she believes that someone has been stealing them.

image.png?width=1333&height=675

She calls the cops to catch the underwear thief. Daughter's boss, the chief shows up. :joy:

They are all going on an underwear hunt now. Can't believe how focused on underwear this drama is. :loolz:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 4

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

@kokodus @Ameera Ali 

On to ep 2. According to the preview it looks like mom's underwear has been disappearing lately and she believes that someone has been stealing them.

From her closet?!?! Woah this escalated quickly. The chief is not the underwear thief, is he?!?! LOL. 

• LOL 3

13 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon mom underwear is more sexy than daughter one  :surprisedwut:

LOL :D The daughter was out of clean underwear and went to her mom's drawer to borrow clean underwear. Turns out mom only wears g-strings . :D

image.png?width=1464&height=721

Daughter had to borrow a pair and now walks around at the police station pulling at her underwear because they're uncomfortable. Her sunbae/chief is like:

Eddie Murphy Reaction GIF by Laff

Apparently mom used to be a teen delinquent and had the daughter when she was still a teenager. In this mom-daughter relationship, the roles are reversed. lol

8 minutes ago, kokodus said:

From her closet?!?! Woah this escalated quickly. The chief is not the underwear thief, is he?!?! LOL. 

Not sure yet :D But someone actually broke into their home and only stole underwear. Nothing else.

The chief is suspicious, despite being a cop.

745x489-img-38427-potret-park-sung-hoon-

I mean Park Sung Hoon always plays villains, so I could totally see him playing a panty thief. lololol

• LOL 2
  • Blob 2

19 minutes ago, kokodus said:

If it’s chief , he was looking for bra to match her flying underwear gift :lol:

IMG-0806.gif

*Innocent until proven guilty *

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, partyon said:

@larus @Ameera Ali This guy they almost bumped into in the supermarket must be the stalker.

They going up the ladder 

perv

stalker 

what next murder 

**  Is the hero the mom or daughter- if it was the mom , she would have claim money prize she don’t give damn :D

IMG-0821.gif

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Anyone watching this drama? Seeing good comments online. :love:

@africandramalover @Auntie Mame @Gaia2u chingus, are you still watching it?

Apparently it's not your typical kdrama.

I AM!:love: it's got a very old school vibe to it that I'm loving. The the masturbation scene drew me to the drama when it was announced. I wish more dramas were as wild as Korean movies!:wink:

• LOL 2

Not Others: Episodes 5-6

by Dramaddictally

We hit the halfway mark with a pair of lovely episodes that tear into the meat of this drama. There’s a focus on Mom this week, as we learn more about her past — and then watch things go haywire when that past comes back to greet her. As our little family unit is faced with upset, our mother-daughter duo finally argue in earnest, showing their real feelings.

EPISODES 5-6

We left off last week when Jin-hee had a man up against a wall after spotting him in the street staring up at her apartment window. It’s the second time she’s seen him doing something strange, but she’s forced to let him go yet again. We’ll come to learn later, long before Jin-hee does, that this man is actually her father, PARK JIN-HONG (Ahn Jae-wook), and it’s complicated because he never knew Jin-hee existed.

To back up and explain, we get another glimpse of Eun-mi in high school (played by Park Yi-hyun). This time we see things aren’t as cut and dry as they originally seemed. All we knew before was that Jin-hee’s father had transferred to another school and Eun-mi had never seen him again — making him sound kinda terrible. But what we see now is that he never knew she was pregnant, and his family forced him to transfer schools simply because he was dating Eun-mi and the rumors it caused.

Eun-mi’s “friend” back then, who was Jin-hong’s sister, says Eun-mi ruined their family and beats her up quite badly with her crew of bullies. And then we meet Jin-hong as a high school student (Kwon Yong-hyun) as he comes to tend to her wounds and tell her how much he likes her, no matter what anyone says. He is freaking adorable — sweet and attentive and shy — and it’s no wonder she fell for him. Ironically, it’s their impending forced separation that brings these two to seal the deal — and that’s when Eun-mi gets pregnant.

I just love, love, love this flashback and the direction the show is taking with this story. Not only is their first love shot beautifully with low light and heart-gripping nostalgia, but it’s excruciating to see that Jin-hong is not at all how we were led to believe. From this minute on I am rooting for these two in the present timeline, where they inevitably meet again.

Before Jin-hee learns about her father, Eun-mi runs into Jin-hong at her physical therapy office, which is the first time she’s seen him in thirty years. They recognize each other instantly and, in fact, Jin-hong recognized her the other day at the police station — when Jin-hee had hauled him in as a potential pervert and Eun-mi happened to be there visiting her daughter’s work. This is the reason he’s been skulking around their apartment trying to get another glimpse of her.

Jin-hong is immediately happy to reunite with Eun-mi and we find out he’s never really gotten over her. He was banned from seeing her when they were young and then he heard she moved and met someone else, so he gave up and just spent his life studying and working to become a doctor (all this is to say: he’s single). Now, he wants to be near her again in any capacity, even if it means being friends. He’s as sweet as he was thirty years ago and I can’t help but want him and Eun-mi to get together and give it a real shot this time.

But Eun-mi is super conflicted. She’s still got feelings for him too, clearly, but she doesn’t want to. She wants to be as angry as she thinks she should be for having to raise Jin-hee on her own. She struggled, while he was off making a ton of money as a doctor (so, single and rich), and her head is telling her not to get involved with him again.

But her heart is not following what her mouth is saying. She keeps ending up at dinners with him, until somehow he’s carting her to and from work every day — which, as she explains, is just practical because he has a car and the neighborhood is dangerous with a killer on the loose. Haha. Well played, Drama. I’m almost convinced the killer makes sense just for this bit.

At their first dinner “date,” Eun-mi angrily tells Jin-hong that he has a daughter. She wasn’t planning to but seeing him there, doing well, makes her want to “be mean.” At first he’s too shocked to respond, but later he wants to compensate in some way and, not knowing how, he offers her money. Eun-mi responds, “You think you can make up for my lost time with money?” This is her back and forth: she sees how sweet and genuine he still is, but is bitter about her life.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/not-others-episodes-5-6/

• Like 2
  • Blob 1