Event: Best Female Centric Kdramas

Sleepy Owl

Best Female Centric Kdramas  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most favorite Female Centric Kdrama? (Choose as many as you like)

• Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
    • My Name
    • Her Private Life
    • Little Women
    • Extraordinary Lawyer Woo Young Woo
    • Hi Bye, Mama
    • Crash Landing on You
    • Search: WWW
    • Strong Woman Do Bong Soo
    • Mother
    • Avengers Social Club
    • Love All Play
    • Doctors
    • Second 20's
    • When Camelia Blooms
    • Hotel Del Luna
    • Nobody Knows
    • The World of Married
    • Tell Me What you Saw
    • None of the Above/Something else (Please Mention)
  2. 2. Which is your most favorite Female Centric Kdrama? (Choose as many as you like)

• Hello, Me!
    • VIP
    • The King's Affection
    • The Red Sleeve
    • One the Woman
    • Inspector Koo
    • Great Queen Seondeok
    • Dong Yi
    • Dae Jang Geum
    • Lost
    • Mine
    • The Girl Who Sees Smell
    • Sungkyunkwan Scandal
    • Thirty Nine
    • Birthcare Center
    • Lie After Lie
    • Good Casting
    • Age of Youth
    • Be Melodramatic
  3. 3. Which is your most favorite Female Centric Kdrama? (Choose as many as you like)

• Juvenile Justice
    • Angry Mom
    • Graceful Family
    • Oh My Geum Bi
    • Oh My Baby
    • Bright Girl's Success Story
    • The Last Empress
    • Baby Faced Beauty
    • Glory
    • Under Queen's Umbrella
    • The Queen of Office
    • My Name is Kim Sam Soon
    • Witch At Court
    • Glitch
    • Happiness

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/2023 at 02:30 PM

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingu its about a guy being trapped in a female body, I don't think that would make it to the poll 

I was trying to give fair fight in poll for 

Mr queen wouldn’t won against  @agenth princess :loolz:

10038-D39-3221-4-D14-B5-D6-FCC08-FFC24-C

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

There are so many that I haven't watched.

Thanks chingus for including Dae Jang Geum, one of my earliest kdramas. The first time I found out that a caesarian can be performed under accupuncture. :surprisedwut:

Almost as good as the modern IV.

• LOL 5

52 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Mother is one of the best. From first to last top notch on each point. Someday I'm going to give it a rewatch just to be overwhelmed all over again. 

Chingu, please let me know if you are planning on a rewatch! I also watched it back when it aired, but I would like to rewatch it again. It's one of those dramas you wanna watch with someone else....

It's just too heartbreaking. An amazing drama. :heart:

• Love 4

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

she a legend she cause WW3 shipping fan , when she not finishing food like she fasting for years to come :D

She's giving a tough competition to this dude

tanjiro-udon.gif

52 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Mother is one of the best. From first to last top notch on each point. Someday I'm going to give it a rewatch just to be overwhelmed all over again. 

It has been in my watchlist for a very long time thanks to @partyon Noona's recommendation, but I have not yet watched it since I am not ready to watch something this heavy and draining. But, I do plan to watch it this year, so hopefully I will go for it soon :piggydance:

7 minutes ago, maribella said:

Thanks chingus for including Dae Jang Geum, one of my earliest kdramas. The first time I found out that a caesarian can be performed under accupuncture. 

Chingu, I had to include that drama to impress "Lady Choi"

6b9cfa0244b4b0b711123e44b6166571--dae-ja

Jokes apart, this drama was my first kdrama, and I do plan to re-watch this soon too :eats:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Chingu, please let me know if you are planning on a rewatch! I also watched it back when it aired, but I would like to rewatch it again. It's one of those dramas you wanna watch with someone else....

Sure.. If we find suitable time after Stealer ends may be we can rewatch and cry together.:eats:

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

It has been in my watchlist for a very long time thanks to @partyon Noona's recommendation, but I have not yet watched it since I am not ready to watch something this heavy and draining. But, I do plan to watch it this year, so hopefully I will go for it soon 

This drama really is draining but it actually is very enlightening in so many ways. But yes.. better to watch it when you're really ready for it. Otherwise you may not find it engaging.

But it's worth the watch seriously. It's a very well made drama in every way. Find a good time when you feel like cry a lot or just enough (depending on how much tears you shade over kdramas)...:approves:

• Love 2
  • Awesome 2

9 hours ago, maribella said:

There are so many that I haven't watched.

Thanks chingus for including Dae Jang Geum, one of my earliest kdramas. The first time I found out that a caesarian can be performed under accupuncture. :surprisedwut:

Almost as good as the modern IV.

@maribella yes, most patients delivered by cesarean section under acupuncture felt no pain. It has been associated with decreased postoperative pain intensity and analgesics dose. Many doctors now recommend acupuncture.  

:wut:

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, willenette said:

@maribella yes, most patients delivered by cesarean section under acupuncture felt no pain. It has been associated with decreased postoperative pain intensity and analgesics dose. Many doctors now recommend acupuncture.  

:open_mouth: Do you mean they don't use any anesthesia?  Or less? 
years ago a friend of mine had it. The nurses made her get up and walk the next day to aid recovery. She was crying.

Dae Jang Geum was a fictitious woman but I'm curious if someone found it during the real King's time.

• LOL 3

14 hours ago, willenette said:

yes, most patients delivered by cesarean section under acupuncture felt no pain.

Surely not without anesthesia though? Performing surgery on a person with just acupuncture as a pain relief is unheard of. You will either get a spinal, epidural or general anesthesia.  @maribella I think acupuncture could be used for post analgesia, though?

22 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Sure.. If we find suitable time after Stealer ends may be we can rewatch and cry together.

Yes to this! @Sleepy Owl Let's do a rewatch together. You love Lee Bo Young. You will love Mother! :issohappy:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 3/10/2023 at 8:22 PM, maribella said:

:open_mouth: Do you mean they don't use any anesthesia?  Or less? 
years ago a friend of mine had it. The nurses made her get up and walk the next day to aid recovery. She was crying.

Dae Jang Geum was a fictitious woman but I'm curious if someone found it during the real King's time.

@maribella  / @partyon they do. As far as I know, the application is called acupuncture anesthesia. It's a traditional acupuncture analgesia. I guess most Chinese believe on this kind of medicine/treatment. Nowadays, there is a great deal of western interest and movements to integrate acupuncture into western medicine due to its beneficial physiological effects.

Because western medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) use vastly different systems of thinking.  

:wut:

14 hours ago, maribella said:

If it works, they should use it on terminal cancer patients. At some stage nothing could take away the pain.:cry:

@maribella  Acupuncture may be an effective and safe treatment associated with pain reduction in care of patients with cancer.  :sweet:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

My Lovely Kim Sam Soon was the best female centric drama, imo. I liked her character a lot. She was strong but vulnerable. Not afraid to start again after getting back on her feet and kicking some a$$. ML deserved it and so did the two-timing ex BF of hers. Moreover, she was a girl next-door. Not a stunning beauty, as we usually find in K-dramas. An ordinary looking, 'large' woman trying to make ends meet and one who takes no BS from anyone. 

K-Drama Rewind: My Name Is Kim Sam Soon

The Glory will be a close second. 

I would include Secret too. That was a one woman show. It was  Hwang Jung Eum. Yes, Ji Sung was the obsessed stalker but I'd still give the credit to Hwang Jung Eum. Ji Sung supported her well. I totally love their level of craziness. 

tumblr_mvb94yYMP31strd7po1_r1_500.gif (500×250)

I have voted for other dramas that I have watched, but not for all. Not all the women centric dramas were memorable to me. I enjoyed them but I won't rewatch them. I won't rewatch The Glory either. It is emotionally exhausting. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

The poll is now closed and we have our results!!! :piggydance:

The top 3 best Female Centric kdramas as per the poll results are: 

1. Extraordinary Lawyer Woo Young Woo - 17 Votes

extraordinary-attorney-woo-piggysgifs.gi

2. Strong Woman Do Bong Soo & Dae Jang Geum - 16 Votes

giphy.gif

3. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo & Crash Landing on You - 14 Votes

spacer.png

Thank You Chingus for participating, and we hope you enjoyed it :fullofhearts: