[Drama 2023] A Secret Woman / Woman in the Veil - 비밀의 여자 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

22 hours ago, maribella said:

I FFWed over a couple of episodes and now got the gist of things.

Major dev. TY found out that he was set up. He is an idiot. Is he the ML or YJ is? 
He must be in his 30's and he's delivering boxes, just starting that career too. :surprisedwut:

@Thong Thin the character is such a loser that they chose an ordinary looking man, not a good actor, to play him.:joy:

SR in GW is still comatose. There are 70 + episodes more, so I expect her to wake up soon. I wonder how the 3 women will be fighting each other.

That’s what I said in my last post he did not check out if the guy he push was dead or alive he just left dumb

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Yazusa said:

That’s what I said in my last post he did not check out if the guy he push was dead or alive he just left dumb

He left to console the bar girl that he had his eye on. It occurred to him that she  might have skipped town knowing that he was set up. :sweat_smile:

This show is quite highly rated in the 8-9 whereas witch's game which was quite enjoyable in beginning only managed 5-6 most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

i can't wait to see the comatose GW wake up and realised she's somebody else and how

she's gonna take her revenge .

Imagine her trying to move but she could not. The flying-off-the handle SR is  paralysed.

• LOL 3

I was hyped at first because I used to be obsessed with AMIAV back when it was airing (have been keeping up with all the dailies in this timeslot ever since Gracious Revenge aired except for Love Twist) but none of them got me that pumped up anymore after that. They all seemed to be revolved around female characters too (+ those female singer ending themes).
Also watched Second Husband so I'm used to seeing the cheating hubby ML already.
AR's backstory doesn't really make us sympathetic for her just because of another random female character in the past but in AMIAV her character was more understandable and realistic due to her poor family background and greedy mom.

All their problems could've been solved if the dad and JG ratted out the cheaters to the Chairman instead of their enemies (even if they try to get away with the cheating at least more eyes will be watching them), plus all 3 characters (including SY) working alone and keeping things to themselves instead of telling more people about it/uploading evidence online especially when it's that important. Why didn't SR and TY recognize JG from helping them out at the police station before? That incident was already ridiculous how there could be no cctvs or it's conveniently broken especially when selling expensive products.

The body switch thing is somewhat disappointing since the FL's body already lost to the villains physically (ended up in a coma/locked in syndrome) so it feels like a copout, plus being in a rich person's body it's easy to get revenge already compared to if they were poor but switching souls can help them understand each other's side more and balance out their personalities. I would've liked the 2 FLs actually meeting and JG showing off SR all of the evil deeds then she goes into a coma and the other one remains alive to get revenge for both of them instead of misunderstandings and blaming the victims' family for being villains, plus I already liked SR's feisty character in the beginning than JG so I was looking forward to her side of the story if she encountered AR or trying to figure out the truth behind SY's death if there was a clue to something being off with the murder case.
JG could've also easily told TY everything that happened so far including the body switch too then ask about the flash drive, there was nothing to even lose for telling him all that except the drama would be cut shorter and less revenge story on AR. There is less intensity in the plot now knowing the key item she needs already exists somewhere especially in the hands of an ally. 

• Blob 2

On 4/17/2023 at 1:02 PM, Thong Thin said:

i can't wait to see the comatose GW wake up and realised she's somebody else and how

she's gonna take her revenge .

am curious to see if GW v2 will be more like herself (serin's soul) or have a bit of GW. right, now serin v2 (with GW's soul) has quite a snark and bite and enjoys toying with aera. that feels more like she got possessed a bit by GW. 

surprisingly, the soul swap is actually kind of entertaining and I can see why the ratings (posted by @backstreetboysfan) seem good; even I am interested to know how it will all turn out! :D

the only question I have is why serin v2 took five years to come back. was she seriously studying in the US all this time? and who is this lady she keeps chatting on the phone with? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

the only question I have is why serin v2 took five years to come back. was she seriously studying in the US all this time? and who is this lady she keeps chatting on the phone with? 

They were toying with sending SR to the US before the accident. The ML was going to accompany her. 
She studied at the Univ. of Washington, not sure what or which level. She certainly was not in high school before leaving. 
Maybe kdramas like 5 years and it helps turn a doormat to be more assertive.

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am curious to see if GW v2 will be more like herself (serin's soul) or have a bit of GW. right, now serin v2 (with GW's soul) has quite a snark and bite and enjoys toying with aera. that feels more like she got possessed a bit by GW. 

surprisingly, the soul swap is actually kind of entertaining and I can see why the ratings (posted by @backstreetboysfan) seem good; even I am interested to know how it will all turn out! :D

I am wondering that as well. I think people like the switch.

• Like 2

Omigoodness, TY is a real loser, after finding out he was framed for murder/manslaughter 5 years ago, on the first visit to YJ's house, he was set up for stealing the old man's prized watch. :hwaiting2:, this writer is terrible. Give him a break. :joy:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, maribella said:

Omigoodness, TY is a real loser, after finding out he was framed for murder/manslaughter 5 years ago, on the first visit to YJ's house, he was set up for stealing the old man's prized watch. :hwaiting2:, this writer is terrible. Give him a break. :joy:

he is giving meaning to the expression -- "nice guys finish last" ^_^

• LOL 3

20 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Still a mystery who the lady SR chats with on the phone.

10 hours ago, maribella said:

Omigoodness, TY is a real loser, after finding out he was framed for murder/manslaughter 5 years ago, on the first visit to YJ's house, he was set up for stealing the old man's prized watch. , this writer is terrible. Give him a break. 

I am really hope the writer don't make TY a loser till the end of the drama else I'm going to flip tables. 

With the prized watch stolen and fingers are pointing at TY, this makes Joo

even more happier. She doesn't have to crack her head how to stop TY

from visiting the Hon Chairman house again.

• Like 4