[Drama 2023] A Secret Woman / Woman in the Veil - 비밀의 여자 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

Omigoodness, 

Another sweet as treacle, doormat wife against a clever, conniving rival? This is so Gold Mask. :headbang: I could only watch for 10 minutes. Aera actually walked into their bedroom???

I need a breather, I have just being hit by deja vus.  The hilarious father in Man in a veil is back. Lee Yoo Ri's clueless father in the promise is also back as a father here. Maybe I'll take a peek later, but not  now.

• LOL 5

So first of all, I wanted to start off with a recap of the first episode but since it sadly takes me about 3-4 hours to do so. I thought against it as I have to get busy packing and all. Sorry about that. But that does not mean that I won’t leave any of you high and dry. You will still be stuck with an extremely long post by me as usual.

Now remember when some people were talking about a body swap happening and I was like this isn’t the correct time slot for this. While I am still going with that assessment I would say that the starting of the show would have fooled me. The mood over there with a dark storm about to start could really give one the impression that we were about to watch a horror show. Perhaps that was just me.

So we find our female lead hospitalized and not only that we also have someone who has removed her breathing apparatus and wants her to die. Since it is a female our prime suspects are clearly going to be one of the two second female leads. Who will be the lucky winner we will have to find out later on as we get a flashback. Or was it that the female lead is about to die and her life just flashed before her eyes…. Okay I will admit it a body swap or reincarnation plot just might be possible over here and the show lied to us. On a side note, Ms. Grim Reaper really needs to up her fashion statement. I just don’t get those fluffy sleeves that she was wearing. But to be fair I feel like a lot of people need it over here. Including the female leads former MiL.

Speaking of the the In Laws I really do wonder what the female lead saw in that family. I guess the old adage that Love makes you blind is true over here. Simply put the only one decent in that family has to be the grandfather since he is the only one aware of the fact that it was her birthday that day and he tried to do something right. Discipling his DiL. Sadly, his other son seems to have a condition where he tends to go a bit lax. Her own husband seems to have forgotten his wife’s birthday and as the grandfather pointed out that shouldn’t have been the case since it hasn’t even been a year since they got married. Not only that but the family seems to be treating her as hired help. So, I am simply waiting for the female lead to leave that house. Gramps can’t protect her forever. So, she needs a move on.

Sadly, she is surrounded by snakes. Like I mentioned above her husband is no better than the rest of his family but even her old best friend or acquaintance seems to have her own agenda while pretending to be this nice innocent person. Not sure how she is pulling of some of her stunts but while they can be obvious to us viewers it is still believable how she is fooling the female lead. For instance, she has swapped her medication for birth control pills. Not only that but she did the standard attempt on her life as well. Bet she will get off with all that by the end of the show.

regardless of all this let’s talk about the second female lead for a bit. Her agenda is clear from her actions I am just unsure how she is going to pull her grand scheme by the end of the show. For instance, she doesn’t want the female lead to get pregnant. So what can be the next possible way for her to take her place. Get pregnant with the second male lead. I really don’t see the grandfather being okay with that. The MiL seems to be a different story altogether. While she may be initially shocked at the news I can see her being won over by the Second Female Lead.

She doesn’t really need to work that hard in that department. Now one can ask how that is bribes might not work since the family clearly seems well off and all. Well bribes can come in more ways than financial or in the form of goods. In this case she simply needs to show just how much more valuable she is. For instance, the presentation the female lead made for her husband she needs to take credit for that and the husband can simply go along with it either being unaware or not caring as long as he gets the new and younger model. It will certainly work on the mother. The rest of the family aren’t all that bothered about the female lead so they will go with what benefits them all.

Another thing to note is that the second female lead seems to have a loose pair of earrings which will probably be the reason how the female lead will catch on too her husband’s affair. She will find them on him or around him (car, house etc..) His mother might even try and claim them to be hers or he will try and lie that he got it for one of them. Then depending on when we are in the episode count she will either believe him/them or she will start to get suspicious though I have my doubts.

Then we have Mr. Hobbo the main lead. Not so sure where his family comes in at the moment. His mother is also from Man In A Veil. Hopefully she won’t lose her son and end up behind bars and lose her mind as well. Does anyone have an idea of how they are all connected to each other. Most of his family seems decent. But then we have the other Second Female Lead. Sadly, I can’t make it out whether she is his younger sister or his live in girlfriend. She tends to call him Oppa which we all know stands for older brother or boyfriend from the female side. So things can get a bit interesting down the line depending on the situation.

He also seems to have his own backstory or birth secret. Since at the start of his scene he was shown visiting an area that doesn’t seem all that well off until he was sent of by the owner. How is she related to him. Two explanations come to mind but not sure how they can apply. Was the woman his grandmother but why said response. The other thing that can be possible is that he was adopted so he was at his biological mothers’ house. Does that even make sense. I have no idea. So while it is possible that the mother had to give him up due to some reason or the other she may even have signed some documents forcing her not to interact with him ever. Ouch.

As for the second female lead one can see that her power seems to have gotten to her head as she was clearly abusing it at the store or being extremely rude to the workers over there. I can understand ones frustration when the item they want or have booked gets sold out accidentally or not but that is no way to treat others around them. Am actually surprised that nobody recorded her at that point. Either way not liking that character now. Doubt that her nature will change any time soon. A pity since the actress usually plays nice sweet roles and looked better in short hair. But regardless kudos to the actress.

From the preview of the next episode, it seems like she figures out that her Oppa visited that old house and she is trying to purchase that land/property and then kick out said family for slighting her Oppa or simply because they are in her way of him. Hilarious mind you. Pretty sure that is how you get rid of the guy you like. So much like the other second female lead she pretends to be nice while in reality she has a horrible temper. Whoever ends up with her I would advise them to either run or tame her till she becomes someone nice genuinely. Perhaps the female leads brother?

That might be a reason for her to switch sides and help the female lead in her revenge. Otherwise I don’t see them working together as she might simple see the female lead as another obstacle between her Oppa and her.

Moving on to the first second female lead. So it was pretty darn obvious that she was responsible for the female leads life incident. But it also makes me wonder just how dumb the female lead is actually. She is totally aware that she has pollen allergy due to her weak lungs and all. When she saw the guy pop up in the elevator with those congratulatory flowers, she could have done one of two things. Either apologize to the guy to take the next elevator due to her condition or step out and do it herself. As someone who has multiple allergies (fortunately none life threatening) I tend to ask ingredients of the food that I am being served or make sure that they don’t add them in my food. Same with my clothes (I have a skin allergy). My point being that when one knows that they have an issue then they have to be responsible on their own or atleast be considerate in regards to others. Another example is that my younger brother is fatally allergic to kiwis. Now at times I enjoy them and their juices but when he is around I never order them in any way simply not to take any kind of chance.

In short, she is the only one responsible for her own accident that time. At least the grandfather was understanding of the situation and not only that he isn’t pressuring her to get pregnant unlike his unreasonable DiL. She will eventually get her dose of Karma when the secretary is going to marry her son.

So far we don’t have a kid with a terminal illness nor anyone with a fake pregnancy. So that is something. But we can be sure that instead of Omma x3 we will be hit with Otoke x5 in this show. I do wonder how the female lead will end up with the male lead. Clearly he saves her from an accident. Perhaps she will get a bout of amnesia which will result in her getting him as a caretaker. The other girl isn’t going to like that and will try and get rid of her until she realizes something which may put her initial plans on hold.

Anyway, that will be all for the time being from my end. This post has gotten a bit too long for my comfort and I don’t think that I managed to add anything of value at the moment sadly. So back to my packing for the moment. Let’s see if I stick around for this show.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

@yamiyugi I got to the birthday breakfast part, then the bedroom scene but had to stop. I was assaulted by the bestfriend-cheated-with-my-husband trope in The Red Balloon so this is too much.
Just nauseating. So I can't read much of what you wrote. I think it's not the screaming/scheming Man in a veil woman who removed the oxygen mask. The hand was too boney. I think it was the other woman who seemed to be slapping just anyone.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

So we find our female lead hospitalized and not only that we also have someone who has removed her breathing apparatus and wants her to die. Since it is a female our prime suspects are clearly going to be one of the two second female leads. Who will be the lucky winner we will have to find out later on as we get a flashback. 

As for the second female lead one can see that her power seems to have gotten to her head as she was clearly abusing it at the store or being extremely rude to the workers over there.

i think the actess who plays the wife is not Female lead, we know by press conference and presentation on website of characters that the actress who plays Oh serin is the main Female lead, but the plot said that wife is betrayed and want revenge. By trailer we know that ML  will surely like her 

yes, the three females lead will hate each other by trailer

i suppose when the wife dead or in coma she will possed Oh Serin body, so i think it's a body swap

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

she isn’t woman in the veil,  she is the bunching bag :D

** some random woman slap her , so she take it on her daughter in law wow 

The woman didn't slap her, why did she slap tge DIL?

If anyone had watched the first few episodes of the Gold Mask, the character was as pathetic as this one. Or more. This woman has GFL who supported her, not the Gols Mask woman

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

three females lead will hate each other by trailer

i suppose when the wife dead or in coma she will possed Oh Serin body, so i think it's a body swap

It's 100 episodes, if there is a body swap, one must be killed off, so off the show. When? If she is a main role, she will be around for awhile then when can there be the revenge? I predict a mess.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

# we know he got abs 

I think I need more proof. It's not entirely clear to me. :D

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

** some random woman slap her , so she take it on her daughter in law wow 

Wait, so there are two people slapping here? Who's the random woman? Screaming mean lady from Man In a Veil's twin sister? :omg:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

Screaming mean lady from Man In a Veil's twin sister? 

Screaming lady from man in veil on silent mood *wink * 

FADA1-B01-B2-A5-4503-B0-DC-16-E175-F547-

So yes , the twin doing All the screaming & slapping :mrgreen:

• LOL 5

The actress who plays Joo Ae-Ra looks like Kim So-Yeon/Cheon Seo-Jin from Penthouse AND all the characters that she potrayed since A Man In The Veil are bascically carbon copies of Cheon Seo-Jin. She is being type-casted into playing the same character in every drama.  

spacer.png

I noticed that the female character on the left is dressed as the same as the female character on the right. In this a hint that they'll switch bodies? 

12 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

So we find our female lead hospitalized and not only that we also have someone who has removed her breathing apparatus and wants her to die. Since it is a female our prime suspects are clearly going to be one of the two second female leads. Who will be the lucky winner we will have to find out later on as we get a flashback. Or was it that the female lead is about to die and her life just flashed before her eyes…. Okay I will admit it a body swap or reincarnation plot just might be possible over here and the show lied to us. On a side note, Ms. Grim Reaper really needs to up her fashion statement. I just don’t get those fluffy sleeves that she was wearing. But to be fair I feel like a lot of people need it over here. Including the female leads former MiL.

I'm just assuming this but I wouldn't be surprised if the girl in the hospital bed is Oh Se-Rin in Jung Gyul-Wool's body and the girl who took off her  apparatus is Jung Gyul-Wool in Oh Se-Rin's body.

Also, if you check out the AsianWiki page for Woman In A Veil, the actress who plays Jung Gyul-Wool is listed as the 5th in casting list. While the actress who plays Oh Se-Rin is listed first.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, partyon said:

I think I need more proof. It's not entirely clear to me. :D

Wait, so there are two people slapping here? Who's the random woman? Screaming mean lady from Man In a Veil's twin sister? :omg:

I am not watching until the doormat wife dies or transmutes or transmogrifies but I caught a bit of ep. 1 to realise that this is a doormat wife show again. Anyway, I am sure the MIV screaming woman is not doing the slapping. She seems to be a PA of the sleazy husband. 
The slappers are the MIL and the third woman ( wife, screaming woman, third).

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

Also, if you check out the AsianWiki page for Woman In A Veil, the actress who plays Jung Gyul-Wool is listed as the 5th in casting list. While the actress who plays Oh Se-Rin is listed first

But she has a whole family listed whereas the first actress does not have any. 

I wonder why they should hate each other so much for the wife to want to kill her. If there is a killing, I think it's the other way round. The wife is a doormat, a pushover.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I am not watching until the doormat wife dies or transmutes or transmogrifies but I caught a bit of ep. 1 to realise that this is a doormat wife show again. Anyway, I am sure the MIV screaming woman is not doing the slapping. She seems to be a PA of the sleazy husband. 
The slappers are the MIL and the third woman ( wife, screaming woman, third).

But she has a whole family listed whereas the first actress does not have any. 

I wonder why they should hate each other so much for the wife to want to kill her. If there is a killing, I think it's the other way round. The wife is a doormat, a pushover.

I just started this show it show the Wife washing curtain in the bathroom I thought she marry a rich family can they not afford a washing machine I know they can afford a Samsung washing machine and here we go again with a door Matt wife again when I see her on screen she is all happy this just get on my nerve this time is not a poor dumb girl now is a  poor dumb girl marry rich but is dumb can they come some new fresh idea writer pleaseeee and I agree with everyone on here what is the story body swapping or Science fiction revenge drama it don’t make sense but I’m just thankfull

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 3