1wmYZ7_4f.jpg

credit: iQIYI

Details:

Title: 九霄寒夜暖 / Jiu Xiao Han Ye Nuan
English title: Warm on a Cold Night
Genre: Historical, investigation, romance

Director: Li Hui Zhu, Huang Bin, Deng Wei En
Screenwriter: Lei Xin Lin, Bin Ni
Producer: Dai Ying, Yao Jun (药军), Zhang Yan, Lu Lin (卢林)

Episodes: 36
Broadcast network: iQiyi
Broadcast period: Feb 25, 2023 - Mar 12, 2023

Cast:

Li Yi Tong as Su Jiu'er
Huang Qi Lin Er as Su Jiu'er (young)
Bi Wen Jun as Han Zheng
He Rui Xian as Chi Lan
Chen He Yi as Prince Jun
Ma Yue as He Yin
Yu Wei Ni as He Yin (young)
Yang Shi Ze as Wen Ying
Wang Mao Lei as Hu Badao
Deng Ying as Qin Xiangyi
Fu Shou Er as A Hua

Synopsis:

A bizarre murder case brings together female constable Su Jiu'er from the cold Qian Kingdom and young master Han Zheng of the warm Qi Tribe. The complementary cold and warm duo work together to break through the fog of conspiracy and discover the truth behind the case concerning their rival tribes.

credit: MDL, Dramawiki

Trailer:

OST:

coming soon

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse @SC2019

• Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Warm on a Cold Night 九霄寒夜暖, premiered Feb 25, starring Bi Wen Jun & Li Yi Tong

OK, watched just 1 episode:rolleyes:, but should say the lead characters are very cool and captivating. 

Li Yi Tong's heroine is funny and bubbly:D . Finally a "weak" (but quick-witted, hehe) FL is  not annoying at all! Hooray to the actresses acting skills). 

Bi Wen Jun looks a bit exotic, but not in a "100% nomad" way, just different, and very manly and even elegant at the same time. Great job done by styling department. 

The leads look great together, I'm looking forward to their story). 

So far- totally recommend to all who liked  Strange Tales of Tang Dynasty, although I think this drama might be more romantically&adventure-oriented one.

Spoiler

It's set in a fictional world with fictional tribes, so it's not that historically accurate or serious. 

Looking forward to watching other episodes ))). 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 3:49 AM, leo2020 said:

OK, watched just 1 episode:rolleyes:, but should say the lead characters are very cool and captivating. 

Li Yi Tong's heroine is funny and bubbly:D . Finally a "weak" (but quick-witted, hehe) FL is  not annoying at all! Hooray to the actresses acting skills). 

Bi Wen Jun looks a bit exotic, but not in a "100% nomad" way, just different, and very manly and even elegant at the same time. Great job done by styling department. 

The leads look great together, I'm looking forward to their story). 

So far- totally recommend to all who liked  Strange Tales of Tang Dynasty, although I think this drama might be more romantically&adventure-oriented one.

Hide contents

It's set in a fictional world with fictional tribes, so it's not that historically accurate or serious. 

Looking forward to watching other episodes ))). 

Ooohhh!

If you like it, I must also give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Wiggle 1

On 3/4/2023 at 1:42 AM, Don Yu said:

WOW, they aren't at all releasing much episodes for the FREE to watch folks. Or am I looking at the wrong channel? 

check your mail inbox, there are two messages, the later one...

Hi everyone. Unfortunately due to my current workload I'm very slow watching the drama. I've made it only to ep 4 so far:tears:.

I know there are some reviews out already, and it's not doing that good, but personally I love both leads and still enjoy the drama. Plan to continue watching till the end:D. I love the color palette, people look very real, the creators did not overuse filters, and it definitely is paying off.

However there are some minor things that really bother me though :lol:. I do not like the whole dubbing quality. They should have make the background sounds more real:rolleyes:. And I constantly hear DFQC whenever BWJ's character is angry, since he is dubbed BY THE SAME GUY:crazymad:.

Overall, the story is pretty simple, the story pace is relatively calm with a number of twists))). You can simply watch and enjoy it, without pretty strong emotional involvment. Hope there are people here who are enjoying it as much as I do). 

• Like 2

I am enjoying the show! I like the leads and story so far (ep24) and like how the cases they are solving also helps to reveal more about the characters bit by bit. But at this point, I am thinking I have reached the climax of the story for the leads at least and am dreading a sad ending. It could go either way so I am crossing my fingers. 

it’s my first Li Yi Tong drama - are there any other dramas of hers that are just as good? I heard Wen Jun was/is still(?) part of a K-pop group…looks familiar somehow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rocat said:

I am enjoying the show! I like the leads and story so far (ep24) and like how the cases they are solving also helps to reveal more about the characters bit by bit. But at this point, I am thinking I have reached the climax of the story for the leads at least and am dreading a sad ending. It could go either way so I am crossing my fingers. 

it’s my first Li Yi Tong drama - are there any other dramas of hers that are just as good? I heard Wen Jun was/is still(?) part of a K-pop group…looks familiar somehow.

Hi! Li Yi Tong actually has a lot of good dramas, going back to 2017'th Condor Heroes. I should confess my  favorite LYT' s drama so far is Bloody Romance. Besides LYT, it has amazing cast and strong plot). 

• Blob 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Warm on a Cold Night 九霄寒夜暖

I'm obsessed with this couple!  They have great chemistry IMO.  The romance is slowburn but I actually love that.  I very much enjoyed watching him slowly fall for her almost in spite of himself.  Li Yitong is cute as always.  And Bi Wenjun... where have you been all my life??  I'd never even heard of him before but wow, he's so freaking tall and looks so good in costume.