[Drama 2023] Brain Works / Brain Cooperation, 두뇌공조 - Jung Yong Hwa, Cha Tae Hyun

partyon

Brain Works / Brain Cooperation 두뇌공조

jOqjd_4f.jpg

INFO

Director: Lee Jin Seo

Writer: Park Kyung Sun

Network: KBS2
Genre: Mystery, Comedy

Episodes: 16

Release Date: Jan 2 - Feb 28, 2023

PLOT:

Shin Ha Ru works as a neuroscientist. He comes from a family that has had doctors for 3 generations and he is wealthy from inherited property. Shin Ha Ru is a confident person who acts and speaks according to his convictions, but he has no mercy for people he views as scum. Geum Myung Se works as a detective. He acts and speaks surly around people, which causes people unfamiliar with him to assume he might be a corrupt cop. In reality, Geum Myung Se is a kind and righteous detective. He was also once married to Kim Mo Ran. She has a particularly strong libido. Shin Ha Ru and Geum Myung Se solve criminal cases together with help of Hypnotic Investigator Seol So Jung.

(Source: Mydramalist)

CAST

Jung Yong Hwa as Shin Ha Ru

Cha Tae Hyun as Geum Myung Se

Kwak Sun Young as Seol Se Jung

Ye Ji Won as Kim Mo Ran

Jung Dong Hwan as Hwang Dong Woo

Woo Hyun as Kim Jil Goong

TEASERS/TRAILERS

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

@Ameera Ali @nohamahamoud2002 @agenth

When you decide during a drunken night out that you want to become a monk but then change your mind. :D

image.png?width=1521&height=911

I finished the first episode. I actually liked it and found it quite funny.

Am also seriously impressed with this lady's acting - she is breaking her normal way of acting to make this character into something totally different. She even changed her mannerisms for this role. Bravo!

bracoot3.jpg

Off to watch ep 2

• LOL 3

There is actually a thread here for this drama 

:highonflowers:

Gosh, there is so many good dramas that I didn't have much hope, especially after the first episode. 

Needed to watch twice, once after the second to actually get hooked. 

But I'm all in for now. Finally a nice drama to watch, funny (in its own way) and has a potential do be an interesting plot. We'll see how writers plays their cards in the next week release. 

So, for the first two episodes. They were... good. At first I didn't felt like MLs clicked. But after the second episode I can tell if they continue this path, slowly uping it until the finale, then it's be a nice drama to watch. 

Also, their team captain is something else. An original, funny character with a strong personality, even if shy and reserved, you can like her instantly. It's quite rare in dramas those days to play a modest character like Team Captain here and get sympathy (to me at least, I'm a little out of the drama-loop admittedly). 

PS. There hair style joke is quite fun 

:Megalol:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

So, for the first two episodes. They were... good.

Good to see you chingu! :dorakiss: I also watched the first 2 episodes. This part made me laugh. :D

1 hour ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Also, their team captain is something else. An original, funny character with a strong personality, even if shy and reserved, you can like her instantly. It's quite rare in dramas those days to play a modest character like Team Captain here and get sympathy (to me at least, I'm a little out of the drama-loop admittedly). 

She's the best! I love her character so much!

317487240-216434677616435-56271423295629

I know there is no chance of romance in this drama, but how fun would it be to have "opposites attract" Shin Ha Ru and Team Captain get it on. :D

And interesting to see that Cha Tae Hyun's character Geum Myung Se is the one who has custody of his daughter. Not often we see dads with custody of his child in dramas.

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

how fun would it be to have "opposites attract" Shin Ha Ru and Team Captain get it on.

It will be fun to watch them work together.

They already have a nice chemistry (and not necessary in romantic sense, but there is a potential for one, too).

Hope we have more interactions between the trio, too, on the expenses of their poor teammate (wondering if they let him have his hair at the end of the next week episodes...

:popcornjackson:).

1 hour ago, partyon said:

And interesting to see that Cha Tae Hyun's character Geum Myung Se is the one who has custody of his daughter. Not often we see dads with custody of his child in dramas.

That one get me by surprise, too. And they relationship with the mother/wife are an interesting one. Usually it's the partner that is angry, mistrustful, and a child who wants parents to be together (in a typical situations). There must be quite a story behind this one as well. 

Also, I'm curious about the end of the second episode and the different reactions to the article. I have a feeling that SHR is a bit... clumsy when it comes to shaming, more of a honest, arrogant kind of guy who doesn't have much practice in a regular human actions (a'ka his revenge blow straight into his face - well, such a "well-planned" and "fact-checked" thing would absolutely not go wrong...). 

Good to be back, too. And finally have a good drama to follow (I hope)! :)

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Also, I'm curious about the end of the second episode and the different reactions to the article. I have a feeling that SHR is a bit... clumsy when it comes to shaming, more of a honest, arrogant kind of guy who doesn't have much practice in a regular human actions

Agree with this! Am also interested to see why Shin Ha Ru turned out the way he is. I suspect he has a severe trauma or maybe he was in an accident. Is that is his dad or haraboji who is locked in a jail cell?

22 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

They already have a nice chemistry (and not necessary in romantic sense, but there is a potential for one, too).

I doubt we're gonna get any romance. But I like how sweet the Team Captain is. It was also super cute how Geum Myung Se brought her a sandwich - he seems to be a good man. Am guessing his marriage fell apart because of his wife.

• Blob 3

29 minutes ago, partyon said:

Am also interested to see why Shin Ha Ru turned out the way he is. I suspect he has a severe trauma or maybe he was in an accident. Is that is his dad or haraboji who is locked in a jail cell?

I'm wondering why bunging to the door have triggered him in the autopsy lab, and in the preview (if the can be a believable source). That headache we witnessed (probably). It looks like deeply repressed or hidden memories. 

I think the man in the prison is either a solemn reason why SHR is so obsessed with "psychopathy" (like he is in jail because he killed someone related to SHR), or he is innocent and put into prison and the true person is free (so SHR is trying to... hm, find and prove it via medical/scientific way to clean the records?). 

But GMS is also an interesting character - or rather a potential connection with SHR's trauma or the past. 

35 minutes ago, partyon said:

I doubt we're gonna get any romance. But I like how sweet the Team Captain is. It was also super cute how Geum Myung Se brought her a sandwich - he seems to be a good man. Am guessing his marriage fell apart because of his wife.

Definitely no romance. But all tree of them are cute together. How do you bet that Team Captain is also involved in SHR's mysterious past?

:rubchin:

That trio at work is a good team. And their boss (poor man, always ignored by media) is fitting their dynamic quite well. 

• Blob 2

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I like Yonghwa's acting. I really want him to sing an OST.

His character is really unlikeable, though. :D

15 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

How do you bet that Team Captain is also involved in SHR's mysterious past?

Am not too convinced she is. At least yet.

• Blob 2

I just finished the first episode. It’s so funny!  GMS is put upon by his ex-wife, his ambitious boss, and his super-timid Team Captain :lol:. Thankfully he and his daughter seem to have a good relationship. That scene when the Team Captain is trying to get the water tank into the water cooler and the boss is just watching her. :wacko: :lol:

The Team Captain and Shin Ha Ru’s assistant are both so hesitant. I felt bad for SHR’s assistant who was being gaslighted about the forged document…glad there was accountability there for that unethical behavior.

Everything is set up for a fun, growing bromance. And @partyon that would be  great if there were romance between the Team Captain and SHR! Haha. 

My only thing is that if I have to look at a brain in each episode that will be rough. 

barf throw up GIF by VidCon

• LOL 1

2 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I just finished the first episode. It’s so funny!  

Episode 2 is less funny than ep 1, and I think it will be more serious from now on - with the trio focusing on solving cases together. I hope they still keep some humor - was actually laughing out loud many times while watching ep 1 and 2. :D

5 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

And @partyon that would be  great if there were romance between the Team Captain and SHR! Haha. 

I mean I doubt that there will be any romance, but it would be super funny if Team Captain and Shin Ha Ru would fall for each other. They are absolute polar opposites - one painfully shy and always apologizing - the other one overly confident and never apologizing. A romance would be hilarious. :D

@LeftCoastOppa are you watching this drama, dongsaeng?

• Blob 3

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

His character is really unlikeable, though. :D

Hm, I kind of like GMS a lot less than SHR - even with his "charming" personality. At the moment at least. GMS didn't bought me yet, probably. 

:eatscookie:

12 minutes ago, partyon said:

Am not too convinced she is. At least yet.

It's too soon, true. We'll see in next few episodes, where the plot is going, I think.  

12 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

My only thing is that if I have to look at a brain in each episode that will be rough. 

That's why they make the certain person to hold it or be in a close rage of the brain as a distraction. They know what they're doing here. 

:coolshades:

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I like Yonghwa's acting. I really want him to sing an OST.

Me, too. He has a lot of good moments. Especially liked his serious moments. But the funny ones are good too. 

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

Episode 2 is less funny than ep 1, and I think it will be more serious from now on

The third one looks like a serious business, especially the container scene (or wherever it was). It generally looks like a serious drama, despite the humor of the first episode. The glimpses into SHR possible past and the scene between GMS daughter and wife was also pretty heavy (the mood). 

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

They are absolute polar opposites - one painfully shy and always apologizing - the other one overly confident and never apologizing. A romance would be hilarious. :D

Oh, a see them as an opposition in different way: one person is has outer confidence and lacks the social skills, and the other has too many social skills, yet lacks the inner qualities. 

I think it's make it quite similar, thought. 

:lollipop:

• Blob 2

12 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Hm, I kind of like GMS a lot less than SHR - even with his "charming" personality. At the moment at least. GMS didn't bought me yet, probably. 

Oh, that's interesting! I actually like GMS quite a lot. I find him charming and endearing. Am so used to Cha Tae Hyun always being the dirty cop and yelling 24/7. It's great to see him be a good cop for once - an altruistic cop - at least that's what I hope. Even though Shin Ha Ru certainly believes he's a dirty cop. :D

Also great to see him be a great dad and very kind. He's always taking care of his Team Captain and looking out for her - the sandwich scene was cute. :wub:

Jung Yong Hwa is hot and I like his acting here - it's very different from the roles he usually plays and he's doing a good job. Am not finding his character too likeable yet, but I know it will change as he begins his journey to become a better version of himself.

15 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

I think it's make it quite similar, thought. 

Yes, both have the same essential problem even they are on opposite sides of the spectrum. If both could find a balance having both of the couple's qualities within themselves, they would have achieved the perfect recipe! Let's see if they can learn from each other.

• Blob 3

22 minutes ago, partyon said:

It's great to see him be a good cop for once - an altruistic cop - at least that's what I hope.

He looks like a cop with a history, and definitely not the nice one. It's just a hunch, but I think he has that dark moment in life that'll be explored at some point. But overly he's a nice and helpful character, just a bit oversensitive about his current... hairstyle. I find it a bit karmic, sorry (not sorry).

:cries3:

Even though Shin Ha Ru certainly believes he's a dirty cop. :D

And what a shame. The effort he put into exposing GMS. Even used a dirty move and informed the media. What a master plan he had. Can't wait to see how it back fired and how much fun GMS will have. 

:loolz:

Also great to see him be a great dad and very kind. He's always taking care of his Team Captain and looking out for her - the sandwich scene was cute. :wub:

He's very conscious of her, I think he has an experience with this kind of a person (or be himself in her position) and knows she needs support in the situation she's unable to stand for herself. That's one of reasons why I think he experienced something dark in the past. 

Am not finding his character too likeable yet, but I know it will change as he begins his journey to become a better version of himself.

Yes, we already has glimpses with his uncovering "dirty cop" plot. I just can't get out of my head that we will see a socially clumsy guy, who is learning to have his first friends or something. And being charmingly cute during this.

Let's see if they can learn from each other.

Yes, exactly. Team Captain teaching SHR a bit of humility and consideration, he showing her how to stand strongly for herself, even if there is a world against you. 

Oi, I'm starting shipping them! 

:smashes:

• LOL 2

On 1/7/2023 at 10:42 AM, partyon said:

Am also seriously impressed with this lady's acting - she is breaking her normal way of acting to make this character into something totally different. She even changed her mannerisms for this role. Bravo!

I looked her up and wow, I’m amazed at her transformation. I only saw her for two episodes of Behind Every Star but she was an assured, no-nonsense woman in that one. 

2 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Yes, exactly. Team Captain teaching SHR a bit of humility and consideration, he showing her how to stand strongly for herself, even if there is a world against you. 

Oi, I'm starting shipping them!

:hooray2:They would be so cute!

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I looked her up and wow, I’m amazed at her transformation. I only saw her for two episodes of Behind Every Star but she was an assured, no-nonsense woman in that one. 

I am very impressed too! I have watched her in Your Honor, VIP, Hospital Playlist and Inspector Koo. I agree with you that she has this no-nonsense type of mannerism and acting style.

Would I not know her face, I wouldn't have recognized her in this drama. It's like she's taken on a whole new persona. Even her way of speaking is different than before.

That's what I would call a true actor! :coolshades: Well done Kwak Sun Young! :kiss_wink:

eDP6Q_3f.jpg

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Jung Yong Hwa And Cha Tae Hyun Strive To Survive Inside A Frozen Warehouse In “Brain Works”

Jung Yong Hwa And Cha Tae Hyun Strive To Survive Inside A Frozen Warehouse In “Brain Works”

Brain Works” has shared a glimpse of Jung Yong Hwa’s and Cha Tae Hyun’s characters in unexpected danger!

KBS 2TV’s “Brain Works” is a brain science-themed comedy-mystery drama about two men who can’t stand each other but who must work together to solve a crime case involving a rare brain disease. CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa plays Shin Ha Ru, a brain scientist who possesses a very “extraordinary brain,” having everything except humanity. Cha Tae Hyun plays Geum Myung Se, a very nice and considerate detective with an “altruistic brain.”

Spoilers

The newly released stills capture Shin Ha Ru and Geum Myung Se sitting side by side in a frozen warehouse. Cool-headed Shin Ha Ru sits upright while trying to maintain peace of mind. On the other hand, Geum Myung Se looks pitiful with a weary expression and his arms crossed. Both Shin Ha Ru’s and Geum Myung Se’s faces are full of wounds with their eyebrows and hair covered with frost as they endure the extreme cold. Viewers are curious to find out why they are stuck in the freezer and how the two will save their own lives in a critical situation like this.

jung-yong-hwa.jpg

cha-tae-hyun.jpg

The production team remarked, “This scene was created with a great deal of work and effort from both actors and staff. It was not easy to film, but it seems that this important scene, which becomes a turning point in the relationship between Shin Ha Ru and Geum Myung Se, turned out great with high quality. Please look forward to the fun and spectacular chemistry between the two.”

“Brain Works” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Jung Yong Hwa And Cha Tae Hyun Strive To Survive Inside A Frozen Warehouse In “Brain Works” | Soompi

• Blob 2