[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022/2023] The Blood of Youth 少年歌行

SC2019

I'm enjoying it and liking the humor. I'm not a fan of the CGI fight scenes that seem straight out of a game but I didn't go into this thinking it was a wuxia so not disappointed either. It kinda fits the vibe of the show.  I do prefer the classic wuxia style of fight scenes like in the recent Fox Volant. Not that one, if it was full of overly CGI would be out of place..

Episode 27. I really liked the reunion of the dad and son. From the way the male lead refused to kneel and bow to their entire conversation.

Especially the performance by the actor playing the king. Even with his face partially obscured by that canopy, he delivered.

So it was in honor of Tang Lian. Shouldn't it be Lord Lang Ya instead? Felt like the male lead got sidetracked somehow.

completed this drama , i rate it 9.0/10

bad

indoor scenes for easier control of lighting and weather

no romance

plot-hole quickly covered with verbal mention of li-han-yi letter ,  did xuan sect agree to forgive him too and only blame big boss ?

entire boss fight done with indoor studio CGI

cost savings to not show the 4 guys fight the big eunuch

not tragic enough compared to jinyong stories

good

music

child actors

depth of story about the higher experts

friendship

costume , hat , makeup of the 5 purple eunuch

He was also poisoning your dad

Spoiler

to his death.

Did the male lead actually miss this out when listing his brother's misdeeds?

I enjoyed that

Spoiler

last

scene with the king. He suffered from such guilt and regret. I felt for him and wished the male lead (as well as the junior Lord Lang Ya a few episodes earlier) would have cut him some slack and pretended to forgive him.

The late Lord Lang Ya would have wanted his brother to feel better, I felt.

That was a nice touch about the

Spoiler

duplicate scroll.

The king really doted on this son.

Perhaps that was what the granddad did back then as well ha.

On 1/21/2023 at 8:39 PM, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

completed this drama , i rate it 9.0/10

It was good for me too.

I enjoyed the fights though.

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022/2023] The Blood of Youth 少年歌行
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 2:35 PM, leo2020 said:

Wow, how could they be so fast with post production?... usually I'm unimaginably happy to see anything with my baby Liu Xue Yi, but last couple of years I have rather reserved expectations for anything coming from Youku...however will definitely check it during New Year holidays and see how this turns). 

Ahh, and Ao Rui Peng looks great here). Very promising actor:)

Have you started watching? I've just finished...

@SC2019 This drama reminds me of the good old TVB days of wuxia genre...

• Blob 1

30 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Have you started watching? I've just finished...

@SC2019 This drama reminds me of the good old TVB days of wuxia genre...

I already finished, just have no time to write my final thoughts ). Overall very satisfying,  very happy for LXY and ARP to have a part in it. I can understand people complaining LXY is too old for the role, bcs he has a type of face that's not a "forever babyface" and he looks really mature. But I think he did well portraying the character so I personally was totally fine. First time I really enjoyed watching the actor playing ML, I think he should take more serious roles and stop doing 100% romantic staff and he'll be fine with his career.

I loved plot development, costumes, fighting scenes. Maybe it's really a step forward to making more fantasy-connected types of wuxia. I can tell it's not for everyone, but it would attract audience who normally prefer xianxia). 

I wonder what's your opinion re the drama). 

• Like 1

@leo2020 I was initially attracted to LXY coz he has beautiful eyelashes! And all of those clips I saw on twiter piqued my curiosity more and more...A dashing monk with great chemistry with XS. I almost thought it was a BL...Lol...I really loved their CGI...They spent the right money there...Just unfortunately there wasnt much scenes for Wuxin as compared to XS or LWJ. Pity...I'm hoping there will be a S2...

Also the court politics is not fully developed and I find it a lil disappointed...Because in real life, things would never turn out as forgiving like the drama...So that's a lil unrealistic in my opinion...

However, overall I do enjoy the whole drama...I was wishing that Tang Lian would survive...I've grown to be fond of him...

qBK0B_3f.jpgCTO

%20Song%20of%20Adolescence%20China%20Web

CTO 

ddee777ffbfe684589511f739f94f40329691737

CTO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

However, overall I do enjoy the whole drama...I was wishing that Tang Lian would survive...I've grown to be fond of him...

Mee too. I think Li Xinze did an amazing job creating the character, as he always does. On your last picture, it's IMO his signiture head move and face expression))). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Mee too. I think Li Xinze did an amazing job creating the character, as he always does. On your last picture, it's IMO his signiture head move and face expression))). 

Seriously I'm so new to everyone in the cast! Which other drama that you have seen LXZ in? 

They all looked so cool!

wJxrx1_3f.jpg

CTO

Screaming!

d0rZr5_3f.jpg

CTO

Sexy!

eY0m0p_3f.jpg

CTO

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Which other drama that you have seen LXZ in? 

Most known I suppose are Love&Redemption and Immortal Samsara, but he also was in a very sweet role in Time Flies and You are Here and many others. Normally he is among those participating in H&S Company productions. 

Screaming!

Great photo:w00t:

Sexy!

Emm, not not his best angle, but I love the styling)

• Like 1