[Drama 2023] The Killing Vote/National Death Penalty Vote, 국민사형투표

larus

I'm gad this is fiction because he concept of execution of criminals through voting process is unthinkable and dangerous.

Anyway I'm  Hooked! My choice of dramas never failed me! The fast pace. the suspense . The theories I have who could be "Gaetal". This is my fav current drama. Drama airs once a week though.. why??!!

Episode 3 good!

So who could be Gaetal??  The murder happened 8 years ago and professor Kwon was sentenced for killing his child's murderer. In the drawings there there two kids.

1. The teacher  Minsoo - because the tumbler, the one who paid kids to take video.  The police definitely recognized him when they were at the school grounds investigating. Thought he's  Lee Yun Seong, the student.  His mother is the assembly woman...

2. Jihoon- He's involve. I feel.. but not the Gaetal. He stopped Joomin when she almost  got the  'one' inside Kwons house.

3.  Mu Chan -  protagonist can be the antognist..  plot twist. He was the officer who witness Kwon's revenge. Who knew of Kwon and they were close... according to Kwon..

These three def suspicious. Who else??

F4VY1_bXUAAkocg?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

So I mentioned theory who is or who works for Gaetal. I'll add Jo-dan.. the computer expert .because  It's always the least and and innocent ones that you'd suspect.   I mean we know how kdramas work.

The clue is tall body and tumbler. and the son. The most obvious after 3 episodes  is high school teacher Minsoo. But if it is... then  it's giveaway.  But he's giving bad vibes.... I feel it.

Park Hae Jin has a good drama in this one. Never liked his previous dramas. And Seo Young Joo finally another drama! I'm a fan since CYHMH drama.

Lim Ji Yeon in this drama :wub:

I LOL at this scene. Her punching the bed. And this is suspense mystery thriller! :D

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, August 31, 2023
1 0

qYkdjP_2f.jpg

SBS Thursday drama The Killing Vote (written by Jo Yoon Young and directed by Park Shin Woo) depicts a story of a national participatory trial that conducts a death penalty vote on heinous criminals and tracks down the mysterious identity of Dog Mask, the executor of the death penalty. With its shocking premise, thrilling plot development, speedy and stylish direction, and the overwhelming acting abilities of the cast, the drama continues to top Thursday drama ratings.

In the previous 3rd episode of The Killing Vote, the relationship between police officer Kim Moo Chan (played by Park Hae Jin) and Kwon Seok Joo (played by Park Sung Woong) was revealed. As Kim Moo Chan and Joo Hyun (played by Im Ji Yeon) search for clues about the Dog Mask, Kwon Seok Joo, who is in Cheongnyang Correctional Facility, mentions a significant connection between him and Kim Moo Chan. He also leaves a profound message to Joo Hyun, warning her not to trust Kim Moo Chan too much. This revelation about the mismatched relationship between Kim Moo Chan and Kwon Seok Joo becomes a turning point in uncovering the truth behind an incident from 8 years ago, sparking viewers' curiosity.

2wNlbV_2f.jpg

August 30th, the production team of The Killing Vote released a glimpse of Kwon Seok Joo's unbearable sorrow from 8 years ago. In the photo, Kwon Seok Joo wears a vacant expression. Multiple police officers are standing where he arrived, indicating that it is a crime scene. In the next photo, Kwon Seok Joo looks at a lifeless body lying on the ground. The expression on his eyes shows as if he has lost everything in the world.

QJdA45_2f.jpg

According to the production team, the photo captures a scene from 8 years ago when Kwon Seok Joo confirms the body of his murdered daughter. It's when Kwon Seok Joo, who was respected as a legal scholar and a loving father, has his life shaken and overturned. Eight years ago, Kwon Seok Joo killed the perpetrator who raped and killed his daughter and turned himself in, leading to his imprisonment.

Regarding this, the production team of The Killing Vote stated, "In the 4th episode airing on August 31st, it will be revealed how Kwon Seok Joo, who lost his daughter 8 years ago, plunged into immense sorrow and how he became a murderer. Actor Park Sung Woong's powerful concentration and energy immersed him in the scene, dramatically expressing Kwon Seok Joo's emotions. The staff on set were also in awe of Park Sung Woong's performance. We hope viewers pay attention to Kwon Seok Joo's experience of losing his daughter, Park Sung Woong's impressive acting, and why Kwon Seok Joo's life had to change.

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-sung-woong-s-intense-heart-wrenching-performance-in-the-killing-vote

• Like 3

Here are the rating for Episode 4! :).

“Destined With You” Ratings Climb Back Up As “The Killing Vote” Remains No. 1

“Destined With You” Ratings Climb Back Up As “The Killing Vote” Remains No. 1

Meanwhile, SBS’s “The Killing Vote” maintained its average nationwide rating of 4.1 percent from last week for its own fourth episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610710wpp/destined-with-you-ratings-climb-back-up-as-the-killing-vote-remains-no-1

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, September 1, 2023

The fourth episode of the SBS thriller The Killing Vote got the same rating as the previous episode - 4.1%. Though it is not progressing or regressing in terms of domestic ratings, the drama continues to interest international audiences, ranking on Amazon Prime's top 10 charts in 14 countries, as of August 31st. 

x4klr0_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama The Killing Vote?

Episode 5 of The Killing Vote will air on September 7th (Thursday). The K-drama is available to stream on Prime Video in select regions.

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-ratings-see-improvement-the-killing-vote-remains-constant

• Like 2

Park Sung Woong acting as Professon Kwon Seok Joo  and the scene when daughter was found murdered good acting.

F488fL6W4AA1qZT?format=jpg&name=small

cr:alexa

I knew instantly that Minsoo is bad! You get that  sly teacher vibes as soon as he was on screen.. and that ambitious  politician mother  tolerates bad behavior..  evil doings of her son. I'm thinking nahhhh he can't be the person Gaetal.. or who works for Gaetal other wise he'd be punished too through killing vote! And he should be

Maybe Minsoo  had something to do with professor's daughter's murder. Maybe a coverup of politician mother? Looking so likely!

Theory who is Gaetal.. is still Ji Hoon or one of the police.  Again one of the clues.. somebody who's good in computers and is tall. They said he's about 180 cm tall. Choices are limited so we can deduced.. it's either the young son.. or someone related that is aggrieved or feeling guilty.. like a person related to the murderer of Kwon's daughter.. who is atoning for the sins of the murderer. .. or police officer feeling the guilt that a child got murdered and felt the rage of father but wasn't able to do anything..so making up for eliminating evils of society and having the killing vote.

Who's theory? Nobody watching this? Why??? It's good mystery thriller suspense drama!

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, September 6, 2023

Z84KDj_2f.jpg

SBS Thursday drama, The Killing Vote, written by Jo Yoon Young and directed by Park Shin Woo, narrates the story of a citizen-participatory trial that conducts capital punishment on heinous criminals and tracks down the enigmatic figure known as Dog Mask. With its powerful storytelling and a shocking premise where the life-and-death power over notorious criminals is placed in the hands of the entire nation, the drama has been leading the Thursday drama ratings since its first broadcast.

The individuals nominated for capital punishment by Dog Mask within the drama are cunning felons who have skillfully evaded the clutches of the law. The first candidate for the national capital punishment vote, Bae Gi Chul (played by Kim Min Shik), was a criminal convicted of child sexual exploitation who had served a mere sentence of 1 year and 6 months before being released. Even after his release, Bae Gi Chul attempted to distribute child sexual exploitation material once again. Dog Mask filled Bae Gi Chul's mouth with countless banknotes, and Bae Gi Chul met his demise.

x4k8oz_2f.jpg

The second round of the national capital punishment vote orchestrated by Dog Mask features Uhm Eun Kyung (portrayed by Jung Hae Na) as the candidate, a serial killer for insurance claims. Uhm Eun Kyung had driven three husbands to their deaths, pocketing 10 billion won in insurance money. She had also driven her fourth husband to a life-threatening situation, abused her husband's children, and exploited insurance fraud. Dog Mask planted a bomb in the car Uhm Eun Kyung was in and detonated it. Uhm Eun Kyung perished on the spot.

Child sexual exploitation and insurance murder, which have not been eradicated in South Korea in 2023, are criminal acts. However, the drama's complexity arises because the targets are heinous criminals, leading to a divergence of opinions between the media, the public, and the characters in the story. The intriguing and thought-provoking case setups in The Killing Vote garners significant attention.

A third national capital punishment vote case unfolds in the upcoming 5th episode of The Killing Vote, which airs on September 7th. This time, the individual nominated by Dog Mask is a heinous criminal who committed sexual crimes within the military and received relatively lenient punishment. Following the first case of child sexual exploitation and the second case of insurance murder, the drama The Killing Vote has viewers at the edge of their seats how the series will depict the third case of military sexual assault and its message to the audience.

Dealing with issues ranging from child sexual exploitation and insurance murder to military sexual crimes, The Killing Vote continues to captivate audiences and promises to turn living rooms upside down. Episode 5 of The Killing Vote airs Thursday night at 9 PM KST

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-next-criminal-to-be-featured-in-the-killing-vote-is

• Like 2

Here are the rating for Episode 5! :).

“Longing For You” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Destined With You” Rises

“Longing For You” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Destined With You” Rises

Finally, SBS’s “The Killing Vote” dipped to an all-time low of 3.4 percent with its latest episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1612342wpp/longing-for-you-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-destined-with-you-rises

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, September 8, 2023
6 6

The SBS thriller The Killing Vote dropped to its lowest domestic ratings of 3.4% (nationwide) and 3.1% (metropolitan) for its fifth episode, a huge decline from its previous episode's nationwide rating of 4.1%. The K-drama is experiencing slow progress in terms of domestic ratings, probably because of its one-episode-a-week schedule. However, The Killing Vote retains its popularity among international audiences, ranking 1st on Amazon Prime charts in Indonesia, Mongolia, and Taiwan on September 7th (FlixPatrol). 

QJd6JY_2f.png

Episode 6 of The Killing Vote will air on September 14th (Thursday). The K-drama is available to stream on Prime Video in select regions.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-killing-vote-drops-to-lowest-ratings-longing-for-you-concludes-setting-a-personal-record

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1

Ep6 you leave us with cliff hanger!

This drama is good y'all why aren't you kdrama lovers watching this! have to wait for another week again when I want to watch Ep6 alteady! Good mystery crime thriller.

Ep 5. a  fate is decided by vote.. gonna be killed by voting! If society's evil do bad things..Gaetal's gona take care of it but it's one scary RickRoll'D  that I  wouldn't want to happen in real real life.. You see everything now seems be by voting via text.  One's fate is decided by the number of people who vote. The reality of 21st century.. everything is done through text vote and polling via phone. It's warped reality. But a criminals/rapist should suffer! I mean if it were real.. how would you feel if you receive a text asking to vote to end a life? Morals are tested. It makes you think though. Again this is fiction drama!thank goodness. A good one  to watch.

Back to the Ep6 my theory on who is Gaetal is winding down..or not.. this drama maintained the suspense   I cann't be sure either. I sense Jihoon knows and works with Gaetal. I though of Kim Mu Chan as the Gaetal.. but they don't know each other (or do they? if Jihoon is the other child in the drawing, Mu Chan would know him). Mu Chan only met  Jihoo when the night the Gaetal escaped.. when Jihoon stopped -rather prevented-Minjoo in the pretext of saving her - from Gaetal who was able run a way. 

I feel Jihoon is definitely working for Gaetal.

My theory is right I sense it.  8 years ago Mu Chan saw first hand how devastated Kwon SeokJoo was when his daughter was murdered. I said in my previous post... someone atoning. But this is theory. I could be wrong.

On 9/2/2023 at 8:01 PM, jongski said:

Theory who is Gaetal.. is still Ji Hoon or one of the police.  Again one of the clues.. somebody who's good in computers and is tall. They said he's about 180 cm tall. Choices are limited so we can deduced.. it's either the young son.. or someone related that is aggrieved or feeling guilty.. like a person related to the murderer of Kwon's daughter.. who is atoning for the sins of the murderer. .. or police officer feeling the guilt that a child got murdered and felt the rage of father but wasn't able to do anything..so making up for eliminating evils of society and having the killing vote.

Who's theory? Nobody watching this? Why??? It's good mystery thriller suspense drama

Gaetal is tall and broad shouldered. Mu Chan fits that descript. But The tumbler significance.. I've  not seen any scene Mu Chan with a tumbler....again the clues.. 180 cm. tumbler  good with computers. Can hack - now that would be someone working with the Gaetal.  Jihon fits the bill. But wait... it could be one of the police officer..... the boy in the drawing or the chauffeur or maid's son

The Assembly woman had psycho son  and then's the other one? who could end up to be Gaetal for all we know.  But it's definitely someone who seeks to right the wrong and rid society of criminals and seek justice for the victims.

Well.. the protagonist could be the anatgonist. Can be suspect as well as the lead...

• Like 2

Here are the rating for Episode 6! :).

“Destined With You” Heads Into 2nd Half Of Run On Its Highest Ratings Yet

“Destined With You” Heads Into 2nd Half Of Run On Its Highest Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, SBS’s “The Killing Vote” also climbed back up to its all-time high of 4.1 percent as it wrapped up the first half of its own run.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1613912wpp/destined-with-you-heads-into-2nd-half-of-run-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

Meanwhile, episode 6 of the SBS thriller The Killing Vote got the show its highest rating of 4.1%, the same which the drama achieved for episodes 1, 3, and 4. It got a significant improvement from its previous rating of 3.4%. Moreover, The Killing Vote continues to top Amazon Prime charts in Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, and Hong Kong. 

2w4mOE_2f.png

Episode 7 of The Killing Vote will air on September 21st (Thursday). The K-drama is available to stream on Prime Video in select regions.

https://mydramalist.com/article/jo-bo-ah-and-rowoon-s-destined-with-you-achieve-its-highest-ratings

by Hazel Jung, September 15, 2023

60yQgW_2f.jpg

In this episode, the scene of a Dog Mask suspect (played by Lee Wan) being caught is portrayed. The suspect, known for committing a series of murders, wields the authority no one has granted, defining himself as a just executioner.

2w4QdV_2f.jpg

On this day, Kim Moo Chan, while unable to prevent the death of the 3rd national death penalty candidate, Oh Jeong Ho (played by Jung Heon), succeeds in arresting the Dog Mask suspect.

Afterward, Kim Moo Chan confronts the suspect in the interrogation room. He pressures him, asking, "Are you his number one fan?" and "What's your relationship with Kwon Seok Joo? Why did you approach him?" The Dog Mask suspect responds, "Do you think my sentence will be reduced? Well, then, I'll confess to what I know." Kim Moo Chan remarks, "If you are the Dog Mask, you should say you have a relationship with him. You're not alone. Where are your other gang members?" However, the Dog Mask suspect claims, "Oh Jeong Ho, Bae Gi Chul, Uhm Eun Kyung, I did it all alone. I recorded the voting broadcast, and since only cheap guys who would die anyway supported it, it wasn't that difficult."

Kim Moo Chan, grabbing the Dog Mask suspect by the collar, loses his temper, saying, "This RickRoll'D who doesn't even say his name killed someone. Is that normal? This guy has no remorse. Tell me who your gang members are!"

Meanwhile, Lee Wan previously appeared as Shin Se Gye in the SBS drama Our Gap Soon, which aired from 2016 to 2017.

Spoiler

Park Hae Jin Goes Undercover At A Club In “The Killing Vote”

Park Hae Jin Goes Undercover At A Club In “The Killing Vote”

“The Killing Vote” has shared new stills of Park Hae Jin from its upcoming episode!

Based on a popular Kakao webtoon, “The Killing Vote” asks the question “What is your idea of justice?” and delves into the concept of a nationwide death penalty vote against vicious criminals who deftly manage to escape the law’s blind spots.

The drama follows the story of a mysterious figure known as “Dog Mask,” who executes the death penalty depending on the results of a vote, and the police who are pursuing them. Park Hae Jin stars as Kim Moo Chan, the leader of a police investigation team.

In the newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Kim Moo Chan goes undercover at a club. Dressed in colorful clothes that are the complete opposite of his usual style, Kim Moo Chan is captured staring at something or someone with a relaxed facial expression.

the-killing-vote-1.jpg

the-killing-vote-2.jpg

In the next set of stills, an unconscious Kim Moo Chan is lying on the floor. Meanwhile, his colleague Choi Jin Soo (Shin Jung Geun) arrives at the club with other police officers, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what Kim Moo Chan was investigating at the club.

the-killing-vote-3.jpg

Spoiler

the-killing-vote-4.jpg

The production team of “The Killing Vote” commented, “In the upcoming seventh episode, Kim Moo Chan continues his fierce investigation to hunt for clues about Dog Mask. It will also be revealed that Dog Mask’s death penalty vote is deeply connected to the events that occurred eight years ago. Park Hae Jin skillfully portrayed Kim Moo Chan’s investigation process with impressive focus. Please look forward to it.”

The next episode of “The Killing Vote” will air on September 21 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1614895wpp/park-hae-jin-goes-undercover-at-a-club-in-the-killing-vote

by Hazel Jung, September 19, 2023
kAkJY8_2f.jpg

On September 19th, the production team of SBS's Thursday drama The Killing Vote, written by Jo Yoon Young and directed by Park Shin Woo, surprised viewers by releasing a scene from episode 7 that grabbed everyone's attention.

QJ5jm6_2f.jpg

In the released photos, Kim Moo Chan appears in a completely different style from his usual monotonous and relatively colorless look, making a striking appearance at a club. 

4ewpbK_2f.jpg

The next photo provides a hint for Kim Moo Chan's transformation. While Kim Moo Chan collapses to the ground, his colleague, police officer Choi Jin Soo (Shin Jung Keun), arrives at the club where Kim Moo Chan is with other police officers. Kim Moo Chan was conducting an undercover investigation in the club to solve a particular case. The question arises: What case was Kim Moo Chan investigating at the club?
In this regard, the production team of The Killing Vote stated, "In episode 7 of The Killing Vote, which airs on September 21, Kim Moo Chan's relentless investigation to uncover the clues to the serial robberies continues. This reveals that the national death penalty vote is deeply connected to an incident from 8 years ago. Park Hae Jin meticulously portrays Kim Moo Chan's investigative process with high concentration. Focusing on Kim Moo Chan's psychology allows viewers to enjoy a more intense 60 minutes than ever before. We ask for a lot of interest and anticipation from the viewers."
  • Like 1

Here are the rating for Episode 7! :).

“The Kidnapping Day” Climbs To Its Highest Ratings Yet As “The Killing Vote” Drops To All-Time Low

“The Kidnapping Day” Climbs To Its Highest Ratings Yet As “The Killing Vote” Drops To All-Time Low

Meanwhile, SBS’s “The Killing Vote” fell to an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent as it kicked off the second half of its run, marking an all-time low for the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1615423wpp/the-kidnapping-day-climbs-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-the-killing-vote-drops-to-all-time-low

The SBS crime-thriller The Killing Vote dropped to a nationwide rating of 3.1% for its seventh episode, its lowest so far. But, the K-drama is trending on Amazon Prime's in numerous Asian countries. 

Z8gk2Y_2f.png

Episode 8 of The Killing Vote will air on September 28 (Thursday). Stream the K-drama on Prime Video

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-kidnapping-day-sets-personal-record-the-killing-vote-hits-low

BLAST FROM THE PAST: Most Iconic 2nd Generation Kpop Songs / Videos

RXrf.gif

Walk down the memory lane and vote for your favorite 2nd generation kpop songs. Or be curious and learn what set the Hallyu wave in serious motion 15 years ago. :kiss_wink:

Your Event Organizers