[Drama 2023] The Killing Vote/National Death Penalty Vote, 국민사형투표

larus

by Hazel Jung, July 17, 2023

60ggdd_2f.jpg

The new Thursday drama series The Killing Vote (written by Jo Yoon Young and directed by Park Shin Woo) is set to premiere on August 10th on SBS. It depicts a story of a national participatory trial where a voting process is conducted to execute heinous criminals while tracking down the mysterious figure behind the execution.

The Killing Vote is based on a popular webtoon of the same name that has accumulated over 130 million views on KakaoWebtoon and KakaoPage. When news of the drama adaptation of The Killing Vote was announced, it received a fervent response from fans of the original work. Additionally, prospective viewers who were unaware of the original work paid keen attention to the intriguing title of the drama.

x4AARq_2f.jpg

The shocking premise of The Killing Vote, where someone's execution is decided by a vote of the people, left a deep impression and aroused curiosity. Particularly in the drama, identifying the "someone" who becomes the subject of execution as a heinous criminal adds further intrigue.

In reality, many heinous criminals have cunningly evaded the legal system. We sometimes express anger and frustration upon hearing news related to them, sympathize with the pain of the victims and their families, and wonder, based on imaginative thinking, "What if I were given the power to determine the life or death of these unscrupulous criminals, evading the judgment of the law?" This is the question that the drama The Killing Vote poses.

WP55RR_2f.jpg

The concept of a national participatory trial is a fantasy setting that is impossible and should never exist. Therefore, the drama The Killing Vote has the potential to offer viewers a stronger sense of vicarious satisfaction and catharsis. Furthermore, as viewers become emotionally involved in the drama, they may ponder the profound question, "What is true justice?" This sets The Killing Vote apart from conventional and predictable dramas that solely focus on providing a sense of exhilaration.

Spoiler

pd77PQ_2f.jpg

For viewers to immerse themselves in the shocking and unrealistic premise, the acting skills of the cast members are crucial in making it feel more realistic than reality itself. In this regard, the cast of The Killing Vote has garnered exceptional attention. Park Hae Jin, known for his solid acting skills and irreplaceable charm, takes on the role of Kim Moo Chan. Acclaimed actor Park Sung Woong portrays Kwon Seok Joo, an acknowledged acting genius. And Im Ji Yeon, who has skyrocketed to become one of the hottest actors of 2023 with her outstanding performance, plays the character Joo Hyun. In addition, other powerhouse actors from various generations have come together for The Killing Vote.

The Killing Vote will premiere on August 10th at 9:00 PM, airing two consecutive episodes, and subsequent episodes will be broadcast every Thursday at 9:00 PM KST.

• Like 1

July 20 2023

Teaser trailer for SBS drama “The Killing Vote”

The_Killing_Vote-SM2.jpeg

Teaser trailer added for SBS drama series “The Killing Vote” starring Park Hae-Jin, Park Sung-Woong, & Lim Ji-Yeon. The drama series is based on webcomic “Kookminsahyungtopyo” written by Eom Se-Yoon. Captions in the teaser trailer states (0:06) “In the world,” (0:09) “Guilty but,” (0:13) “Receives not guilty,” (0:15) “There is a devil,” (0:20) “The last chance to punish them,” (0:26) “Kill or,” (0:27) “Save,” (0:30) “Your choice is?”

“The Killing Vote” first airs August 10, 2023, with one episode airing per week on Thursdays at 9PM in in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Dog Mask’s identity is unknown. When heinous criminals avoid punishment from the law, all citizens over 18 years old receive a text message polling them on whether that person should receive the death penalty. If more than 50% respond in favor of the death penalty, that person is killed by Dog Mask. Meanwhile, the police chase after Dog Mask and three people become involved.

Kim Moo-Chan (Park Hae-Jin) is the leader of the First Investigation Team at the Southern Police Agency. He only cares about his career at the police agency.

Kwon Seok-Joo (Park Sung-Woong) used to be a famous legal scholar, but he killed the rapist who attacked his young daughter and then turned himself in to the police. He is now in prison and he is called Professor by the other prisoners.

Joo Hyun (Lim Ji-Yeon) is a police officer who has worked at the Cyber Safety Bureau at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency for 5 years.

National_Death_Penalty_Vote-p1.jpg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-sbs-drama-the-killing-vote

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, July 20, 2023
14 1

SBS unveiled the first teaser for their upcoming Thursday drama, The Killing Vote

Based on an immensely popular webtoon with an astounding 130 million views, The Killing Vote follows the gripping story of an anonymous "Dog Mask" (Gae Tal) who conducts a nationwide poll on death penalties for heinous criminals. 

The first teaser of The Killing Vote starts with a man tied up in a mysterious place. Subsequently, scenes of Kim Moo Chan (Park Hae Jin) and Joo Hyun (Im Ji Yeon), both wearing intriguing expressions as they track something down, are shown. The teaser then displays the caption, "In this world, there are devils who are guilty but [declared] innocent". It is likely referring to the vicious criminals chased by the "Dog Mask", who evade the law.

Soon after, the intense cries of Kwon Seok Joo (Park Sung Woong) can be heard alongside a verdict of "not guilty" by the judge. Joo Hyun dramatically questions, "Who are they? The guiltless devils". Shortly after, amidst the confusion, a message about the execution vote arrives on people's smartphones. Amid all this, a character arrogantly exclaims, "If you can kill, then try to kill".

From that moment, the screen rapidly alternates between the execution vote, the "Dog Mask", and the chaos involving Park Hae Jin, Park Sung Woong, Lim Ji Yeon, and others. The tension heightens, and as the teaser reaches its climax, it displays the intriguing caption, "To kill or to save, [what is] your choice?". 

Mark your calendars for the premiere of The Killing Vote on August 10, with the first two episodes releasing in the premiere week, followed by a weekly release of one episode every Thursday.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-killing-vote-drops-1st-teaser-featuring-park-hae-jin-im-ji-yeon-and-park-sung-woong

• Like 1

Watch: Park Hae Jin, Lim Ji Yeon, And Park Sung Woong Go After A Mysterious Criminal In “The Killing Vote”

Jul 21, 2023

20230721075337_the-killing-vote-teaser-1

“The Killing Vote” has released a brand new teaser!

Based on the popular Kakao webtoon of the same name, “The Killing Vote” asks the question “What is your idea of justice?” and delves into the concept of a nationwide death penalty vote against vicious criminals who deftly manage to escape the law’s blind spots. The drama highlights the story of a mysterious figure known as “Dog Mask,” who executes the death penalty depending on the results of the vote, and the police who are pursuing them.

Park Hae Jin plays Kim Moo Chan, the head of Team 1 of the regional investigation unit at the Southern Provincial Police Agency. Lim Ji Yeon plays the role of Joo Hyun, a fifth-year lieutenant at the Cyber Security Bureau of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. Park Sung Woong stars as Kwon Suk Joo, a long-term prison inmate who turned himself in after personally killing the culprit who sexually assaulted his eight-year-old daughter.

The newly released teaser begins with a half-naked man tied up in a mysterious place and then cuts to police officers Kim Moo Chan and Joo Hyun who appear to be investigating something. Next, the words “There are guilty but innocent demons in this world,” which seems to be referring to the evil criminals who escaped the law that “Dog Mask” goes after, appear one after another on the screen.

In another scene, Kwon Suk Joo is crying out in desperation following a judge’s acquittal of someone. Joo Hyun then says, “Who the hell is it? The innocent demons.” A moment later, a last chance to punish the guilty but innocent demons is hinted at as citizens start receiving messages about the national death penalty votes on their smartphones.

While everyone else looks confused and puzzled by the sudden message, the “innocent demon” in question begins to arrogantly yell out, “Kill me if you can!”

The screen then quickly intersects with images of the “Dog Mask” and Kim Moo Chan, Joo Hyun, and Kwon Suk Joo who are chasing after the individual. As the tension rises and reaches its climax, the teaser concludes with the question, “Kill or save, what is your choice?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602016wpp/watch-park-hae-jin-lim-ji-yeon-and-park-sung-woong-go-after-a-mysterious-criminal-in-the-killing-vote

• Like 2

Here for it! I check the trailer. I like the  mystery crime thriller vibes. Plus I like the actors. I haven't watch any Park Hae Jin drama in long time. The two other main cast Park Sung Woon and Lim Ji Yeon, they're always in other dramas. Finally gonna see Seo Young Joo in a drama.. yey!

Spoiler

Park Hae Jin Dishes On His “The Killing Vote” Character, How He Prepared For The Role, And More

Park Hae Jin Dishes On His “The Killing Vote” Character, How He Prepared For The Role, And More

Actor Park Hae Jin has revealed why he chose to appear in “The Killing Vote,” how he prepared for his role, and more!

Based on the popular Kakao webtoon of the same name, “The Killing Vote” asks the question “What is your idea of justice?” and delves into the concept of a nationwide death penalty vote against vicious criminals who deftly manage to escape the law’s blind spots. The drama follows the story of a mysterious figure known as “Dog Mask,” who executes the death penalty depending on the results of the vote, and the police who are pursuing them.

Park Hae Jin plays Kim Moo Chan, the head of Team 1 of the regional investigation unit at the Southern Provincial Police Agency. He is the youngest man to become the team leader of a regional investigation unit in the shortest period of time, and he is eager to make any interesting case his.

Explaining why he chose to star in “The Killing Vote,” Park Hae Jin said, “I really enjoyed the original webtoon. The concept also felt fresh. Above all, the process through which the drama unravels the premise of ‘The Killing Vote’ was very interesting.”

park-hae-jin-2-1.jpeg

Park Hae Jin went on to describe his character Kim Moo Chan as “the head of the Special Investigation Unit for the National Death Penalty Vote, and a reckless character who will do whatever it takes to solve a case.”

park-hae-jin-5.jpeg

As for what aspects of his character viewers should look out for, the actor shared, “I think you’ll have more fun watching the drama if you pay close attention to his confrontation with Kwon Suk Joo [Park Sung Woong], the moments when you can see him at work as a police officer, and the moments when you can clearly see the the true nature of Kim Moo Chan.”

park-hae-jin-4.jpeg

Regarding how he prepared to play such a reckless character, Park Hae Jin revealed, “It’s not my first time acting in an action drama, but I tried to act in a way that would reveal a more rough and unpolished side. I tried to do as much [of the action] as I could myself.”

He added, “As Kim Moo Chan was chasing someone in the drama, there were a lot of running scenes. The realistic and thrilling car chase scenes in ‘The Killing Vote’ will be another highlight of the drama.”

Spoiler

park-hae-jin-3-1.jpeg

“The Killing Vote” premieres on August 10 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602831wpp/park-hae-jin-dishes-on-his-the-killing-vote-character-how-he-prepared-for-the-role-and-more

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lim Ji Yeon Transforms Into The Cyber Investigation Team’s Ace Lieutenant In New Drama “The Killing Vote”

Lim Ji Yeon Transforms Into The Cyber Investigation Team’s Ace Lieutenant In New Drama “The Killing Vote”

SBS’s upcoming drama “The Killing Vote” has dropped new stills featuring Lim Ji Yeon!

Based on a popular Kakao webtoon, “The Killing Vote” asks the question “What is your idea of justice?” and delves into the concept of a nationwide death penalty vote against vicious criminals who deftly manage to escape the law’s blind spots. The drama highlights the story of a mysterious figure known as “Gae Tal” (dog mask), who executes the death penalty depending on the results of a vote, and the police who are pursuing them.

Lim Ji Yeon takes on the role of Joo Hyun, a fifth-year lieutenant at the Cyber Security Bureau of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. Joo Hyun was once the ace of the Cyber Investigation Team after being specially hired, but now she has become known by everyone to be a nuisance who is always under fire.

Lim-Ji-Yeon-001.jpeg

Lim Ji Yeon shared, “I tried to portray Joo Hyun as she is rather than trying to erase the images [of my roles] from my previous dramas or show a completely changed image. In a way, Joo Hyun is a person of my age and feels like a more relatable character than the characters I recently portrayed. I wanted to create Lim Ji Yeon’s Joo Hyun by adding bubbly charms and a sense of justice that only Joo Hyun has.”

“The Killing Vote” will air every Thursday at 9 p.m. KST after premiering the first two episodes back-to-back on August 10. Watch the latest teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603081wpp/lim-ji-yeon-transforms-into-the-cyber-investigation-teams-ace-lieutenant-in-new-drama-the-killing-vote

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, July 27, 2023
8 0

The Killing Vote follows the gripping story of an anonymous "Dog Mask" (Gae Tal) who conducts a nationwide poll on death penalties for heinous criminals. 

The second teaser provides a small yet exciting glimpse of the nationwide death penalty vote and the tumultuous aftermath it sets in motion. The teaser commences with a dramatic scene where, late in the evening, people's smartphones simultaneously ring. 

Among them, Officer Joo Hyun (Im Ji Yeon) and others check their screens, only to see a message asking, "Do you support the execution of criminal Bae Gi Cheol, a distributor of child sexual exploitation material, in the nationwide death penalty vote?". Simultaneously, a one-hour stopwatch begins ticking, marking the commencement of the nationwide vote.

The enigmatic figure behind the national capital punishment vote, Dog Mask, emerges declaring, "There are too many scoundrels in this world who deserve to die". However, Detective Kim Moo Chan (Park Hae Jin) holds a different perspective, and vehemently asserts, "Don't be mistaken. You're no hero". While Joo Hyun (Im Ji Yeon) expresses skepticism towards Dog Mask, questioning, "Do you still believe Dog Mask is just?".

The teaser further showcases the dynamic pursuit of Dog Mask carried out by Detective Kim Moo Chan and Officer Joo Hyun. 

Additionally, the impactful statements of Kwon Seok Joo (Park Sung Woong) add to the intrigue. In a surprising twist, Kwon Seok Joo, dressed in civilian clothes rather than prisoner attire, delivers an emotional outburst in what appears to be a courtroom, passionately condemning those who side with wrongdoers. His grief-stricken demeanor hints at a deeper connection to the unfolding events, leaving viewers eager to discover how Kwon Seok Joo's moral integrity ties into the nationwide death penalty vote. 

Throughout the teaser, the tension escalates as the investigation unfolds, and the clock rapidly ticks down on the time limit for the nationwide death penalty vote. Finally, the time ceases, and Do Mask triumphantly exclaims, "Our justice is rational".

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-hae-jin-and-im-ji-yeon-pursue-dog-mask-in-the-teaser-of-the-killing-vote

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, July 26, 2023
19 3

Based on an immensely popular webtoon with an astounding 130 million views, The Killing Vote follows the gripping story of an anonymous "Dog Mask" (Gae Tal) who conducts a nationwide poll on death penalties for heinous criminals. 

With casting three of the most revered actors, Park Hae JinIm Ji Yeon, and Park Sung Woong, the drama has already garnered fervent anticipation ahead of its premiere.

Actress Im Ji Yeon, who was recently seen as Choo Sang Eun in Lies Hidden in My Garden, now comes to play Joo Hyun, an officer in the Cyber Safety Bureau at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency.

qYngoK_2f.jpg

Regarding her decision to join The Killing Vote, Im Ji Yeon explained, "First of all, the title The Killing Vote itself was very intriguing. The drama's theme centered around public participatory judgment felt refreshing and fascinating. Being someone who regularly reads articles related to social issues and has a particular interest in crime thrillers, the script of The Killing Vote truly captivated me. Moreover, I was drawn to the character Joo Hyun, who acts unhesitatingly, and that's why I chose to be part of this project".

2wdkqV_2f.jpg

Describing the character, she said, "Ju Hyeon is a fifth-year lieutenant at the Cyber Security Bureau of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. Once an ace in the Cyber Investigation Team, she has now become a nuisance, always subjected to criticism. Her charisma lies in his righteous nature and vibrant personality. Among the recent roles I've played, Joo Hyun is distinct and also one of the most relatable characters, which makes me excited to present a new side of myself through this role".

Spoiler

RB0Q3o_2f.jpg

As mentioned by Im Ji Yeon, Ju Hyeon stands in stark contrast to the menacing villains she portrayed in various recent works. It shows a complete shift, showcasing her versatility as an actress. In approaching Joo Hyun, Im Ji Yeon dedicated herself to portraying the character authentically.

Spoiler

BdjD3R_2f.jpg

She shared, "Rather than erasing the image of my previous works or striving for a dramatic transformation, I focused on portraying Joo Hyun as she is. Joo Hyun, in a way, could be seen as a character closer to my age group compared to the roles I portrayed recently. I aimed to portray Joo Hyun in my style while infusing her quirkiness and sense of justice, which is unique to her. As she is a former ace in the Cyber Investigation Team, I also took the effort to study and understand Joo Hyun's perspective".

2wdk7w_2f.jpg

Continuing, she said, "Through Joo Hyun, I hope that viewers can feel a sense of gratification. I wanted to bring out the playful and endearing aspects unique to Joo Hyun, combined with the proactive and fearless nature of a police officer navigating a potentially dark storyline".

With her unwavering dedication to continually challenge herself with new productions and characters, Im Ji Yeon's portrayal of the spirited police officer Joo Hyun in The Killing Vote has heightened anticipation for the drama.

Mark your calendars for the premiere of The Killing Vote on August 10, with the first two episodes releasing in the premiere week, followed by a weekly release of one episode every Thursday.

https://mydramalist.com/article/im-ji-yeon-spills-beans-on-why-she-chose-to-act-in-the-killing-vote

• Like 1

Park Hae Jin, Lim Ji Yeon, And Park Sung Woong Are Up Against A Masked Vigilante In “The Killing Vote”

Park Hae Jin, Lim Ji Yeon, And Park Sung Woong Are Up Against A Masked Vigilante In “The Killing Vote”

SBS’s upcoming drama “The Killing Vote” has unveiled a poster of its three leads!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “The Killing Vote” is a drama that will tackle difficult questions about the meaning of justice. The drama revolves around a mysterious figure known as “Dog Mask” who begins holding a nationwide death penalty vote against vicious criminals who deftly manage to escape the law’s blind spots. If more than 50 percent of citizens vote to execute a criminal, Dog Mask carries out an unsanctioned execution in the name of justice.

Park Hae Jin will star as Kim Moo Chan, an investigation team leader at a provincial police agency, while Lim Ji Yeon will play Joo Hyun, a lieutenant who works for the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Cyber Security Bureau. Park Sung Woong will star as Kwon Suk Joo, a respected prison inmate who turned himself in after personally killing the culprit who sexually assaulted his eight-year-old daughter.

The newly released poster introduces viewers to the three main characters, who will be striking up a tense alliance amidst the police’s attempts to hunt down Dog Mask.

As all three leads stare into the camera with serious expressions, the poster’s caption ominously declares, “The execution has already begun.”

The-Killing-Vote-2.jpg

The producers of “The Killing Vote” commented, “Through their outstanding acting skills and presence, Park Hae Jin, Park Sung Woong, and Lim Ji Yeon are massively increasing the quality of our drama. All three actors poured everything they had into the drama and their respective characters as they passionately pondered how to play their roles. Having these three actors [on our cast] is the equivalent of having a thousand troops on our side. Please show lots of interest and anticipation for ‘The Killing Vote,’ a very special hard-boiled thriller that these three actors brought to life.”

“The Killing Vote” will premiere on August 10 at 9 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603548wpp/park-hae-jin-lim-ji-yeon-and-park-sung-woong-are-up-against-a-masked-vigilante-in-the-killing-vote

• Like 1

Tracking down an executioner with Park Hae-jin in The Killing Vote

by solstices

Hot on the heels of its first teaser, SBS’s noir thriller The Killing Vote has released another preview into the operations of the extremist vigilante who punishes crime with crime. By creating the titular killing vote, the masked mastermind Gaetal plans to corral unrepentant criminals and offer the public a chance to have them executed by his hands.

First up on the chopping block is a child pornography distributor, who’s bound to a chair as he awaits his fate. As citizens go about their daily lives, their phones all ring simultaneously with the same notification — they’ve been invited to participate in a killing vote. Amongst them is the cyber crimes officer Joo Hyun, played by Im Ji-yeon (Lies Hidden in My Garden), whose brows furrow in consternation at the radical message.

Thirty seconds left on the clock. Slamming his fist down like a gavel, Gaetal sneers that even with his killing vote executions, there are too many pest-like bastards in this world. But the detective Kim Mu-chan — played by Park Hae-jin (Showtime Begins!) — isn’t afraid to call Gaetal out on their hypocrisy. “Don’t delude yourself,” Mu-chan warns Gaetal. “You’re not a hero.”

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/tracking-down-an-executioner-with-park-hae-jin-in-the-killing-vote/

• Like 1

Watch: Park Hae Jin And Lim Ji Yeon Chase A Vigilante Who Murders In The Name Of Justice In “The Killing Vote” Teaser

Watch: Park Hae Jin And Lim Ji Yeon Chase A Vigilante Who Murders In The Name Of Justice In “The Killing Vote” Teaser

SBS has shared an action-packed sneak peek of its upcoming drama “The Killing Vote”!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “The Killing Vote” is a drama that will tackle difficult questions about the meaning of justice. The drama revolves around a mysterious figure known as “Dog Mask” who begins holding a nationwide death penalty vote against vicious criminals who deftly manage to escape the law’s blind spots. If more than 50 percent of citizens vote to execute a criminal, Dog Mask carries out an unsanctioned execution in the name of justice.

Park Hae Jin will star as Kim Moo Chan, an investigation team leader at a provincial police agency, while Lim Ji Yeon will play Joo Hyun, a lieutenant who works for the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Cyber Security Bureau. Park Sung Woong will star as Kwon Suk Joo, a respected prison inmate who turned himself in after personally killing the culprit who sexually assaulted his eight-year-old daughter.

The newly released teaser begins with all of South Korea’s citizens, including Joo Hyun, receiving a text message asking them to vote for or against the execution of a man named Bae Gi Chul, who is supposedly guilty of distributing child pornography.

Once the time limit is up, Dog Mask administers his form of “justice” depending on the results of the vote—and he declares in voice-over, “There are too many bastards in this world that deserve worse than death.”

However, Kim Moo Chan coldly retorts, “Don’t delude yourself. You’re not a hero.” Meanwhile, as Kim Moo Chan attempts to hunt down Dog Mask, Joo Hyun asks someone else, “Do you still think that Dog Mask is in the right?”

Standing outside a courthouse, Kwon Suk Joo passionately shouts, “All of you taking the perpetrator’s side, you’re all guilty too!”

The preview then ends with Dog Mask insisting, “Our justice is common sense.”

“The Killing Vote” will premiere on August 10 at 9 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new teaser for the drama below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603803wpp/watch-park-hae-jin-and-lim-ji-yeon-chase-a-vigilante-who-murders-in-the-name-of-justice-in-the-killing-vote-teaser

• Like 1

News bites: July 31, 2023

by tccolb

SKHNMCLVFJUWORCFQ2RK3D2UBM.jpg

A new poster has come out for SBS’s The Killing Vote, showcasing our crime-thriller’s leads, Park Sung-woong (Bloodhounds), Im Ji-yeon (Lies Hidden in My Garden), and Park Hae-jin (Showtime Begins). Coming to our screens on August 10, the series will be broadcasting in SBS’s new Thursday slot. [Sports Chosun]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/news-bites-july-31-2023/

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, August 2, 2023
2 0

The Killing Vote is a participatory judgment drama that follows the story of a mysterious figure called 'Dog Mask,' who carries out capital punishment through a public vote targeting heinous criminals.

In the released posters, the intense gazes of the three lead actors leave a lasting impression.

pd71Yr_2f.jpg

Park Hae Jin's character poster shows him aiming a gun at someone. His piercing eyes, given the tense situation, reveal the unyielding nature of Kim Moo Chan, an uncompromising police officer who will stop at nothing to achieve his goals. The caption, "My justice is brutally rational," hints at Kim Moo Chan's relentless pursuit of 'Dog Mask' as he executes his own form of justice through the national vote.

qYn1RD_2f.jpg

Park Sung Woong's commanding presence also stands out. In the drama, he portrays Kwon Seok Joo, a once-famous legal expert who personally kills the criminal who sexually assaulted his eight-year-old daughter and then surrenders to the police. In the character poster, Kwon Seok Joo, dressed in prisoner's clothes, gazes somewhere with a sharp look hidden behind his seemingly emotionless expression. The caption, "What is your justice for?" prompts viewers to contemplate the situation Kwon Seok Joo finds himself in and the concept of justice he believes in.

jQ01ZB_2f.jpg

Lastly, Im Ji Yeon's transformation is equally impressive. Her character poster shows her gazing intensely with suspicion and curiosity. In the drama, she plays Joo Hyun, a police officer who, like Kim Moo Chan, is chasing after 'Dog Mask' The caption reads, "Can humans judge other humans?" reveals Joo Hyun's thoughts and doubts about 'Dog Mask,' who takes the law into his own hands to judge heinous criminals.

With a thrilling storyline and strong performances from the lead actors, The Killing Vote is set to premiere on August 10th at 9 PM, with consecutive episodes airing on Thursdays at 9 PM.

more https://mydramalist.com/article/the-killing-vote-intense-gaze-of-park-hae-jin-suspicious-look-of-im-ji-yeon

• Like 1

August 3 2023

Teaser trailer 4 for SBS drama “The Killing Vote”

The_Killing_Vote-SM1.jpg

Teaser trailer 4 added for SBS drama series “The Killing Vote” starring Park Hae-Jin, Park Sung-Woong, & Lim Ji-Yeon. Teaser trailer 4 begins with Lim Ji-Yeon as Police Officer Joo Hyun asking “Do you know about the national death penalty vote?” Captions in the teaser trailer states (0:24) “Someone who deserves to die,” (0:25) “If you can punish,” (0:26) “Would you like to vote?”

“The Killing Vote” first airs August 10, 2023 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Dog Mask’s identity is unknown. When heinous criminals avoid punishment from the law, all citizens over 18 years old receive a text message polling them on whether that person should receive the death penalty. If more than 50% respond in favor of the death penalty, that person is killed by Dog Mask. Meanwhile, the police chase after Dog Mask and three people become involved.

Kim Moo-Chan (Park Hae-Jin) is the leader of the First Investigation Team at the Southern Police Agency. He only cares about his career at the police agency.

Kwon Seok-Joo (Park Sung-Woong) used to be a famous legal scholar, but he killed the rapist who attacked his young daughter and then turned himself in to the police. He is now in prison and he is called Professor by the other prisoners.

Joo Hyun (Lim Ji-Yeon) is a police officer who has worked at the Cyber Safety Bureau at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency for 5 years.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-4-for-sbs-drama-the-killing-vote

• Like 1

Spoiler

“The Glory” Star Lim Ji Yeon Transforms Into A Police Officer Who Can’t Stand Injustice In “The Killing Vote”

“The Glory” Star Lim Ji Yeon Transforms Into A Police Officer Who Can’t Stand Injustice In “The Killing Vote”

Fans of “The Glory” may find Lim Ji Yeon unrecognizable in her upcoming drama “The Killing Vote”!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “The Killing Vote” is a new SBS drama that will tackle difficult questions about the meaning of justice. The drama revolves around a mysterious figure known as “Dog Mask” who begins holding a nationwide death penalty vote against vicious criminals who deftly manage to escape the law’s blind spots. If more than 50 percent of citizens vote to execute a criminal, Dog Mask carries out an unsanctioned execution in the name of justice.

Park Hae Jin will star as Kim Moo Chan, an investigation team leader at a provincial police agency, while Lim Ji Yeon will play Joo Hyun, a lieutenant who works for the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Cyber Security Bureau. Park Sung Woong will star as Kwon Suk Joo, a respected prison inmate who turned himself in after personally killing the culprit who sexually assaulted his eight-year-old daughter.

In stark contrast to Lim Ji Yeon’s heartless character in “The Glory,” Joo Hyun is a passionate police officer who can’t bear to sit back and watch if she sees any injustice happening. Her inability to let things slide means she often winds up annoying those around her, but Joo Hyun refuses to compromise when it comes to right and wrong.

“The Killing Vote” director Park Shin Woo and writer Jo Yoon Young both heaped praise on Lim Ji Yeon for her acting talent, commenting, “I can’t wait to show viewers as quickly as possible just how well-suited [Lim Ji Yeon] is to playing a lovable eccentric. You’ll be able to see her as a cute police officer, a character that is the polar opposite of the national villain [that she played in ‘The Glory’].”

Lim-Ji-Yeon-2.jpg

“The Killing Vote” will premiere on August 10 at 9 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605170wpp/the-glory-star-lim-ji-yeon-transforms-into-a-police-officer-who-cant-stand-injustice-in-the-killing-vote

• Like 1