K-drama Couples You Would Like to See Reunited On-Screen Again

partyon

K-drama Couples You Would Like to See Reunited On-Screen Again  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these k-drama couples would you like to see reunited on-screen again? (choose as many as you like)

• Lee Jun Ki - Moon Chae Won (Criminal Minds, Flower of Evil)
    • Ji Sung - Hwang Jung Eum (Secret, Kill Me Heal Me)
    • Park Hyung Sik - Park Bo Young (Strong Woman Do Bong Soon)
    • Ji Chang Wook - Park Min Young (Healer Couple)
    • Jang Hyuk - Jang Nara (Successful Story of a Bright Girl, Fated To Love You)
    • Lee Dong Wook - Gong Yoo (Goblin)
    • Lee Soo Hyuk - Seo In Guk (High School King of Savvy, Doom At Your Service, Pipeline)
    • Hyun Bin - Ha Ji Won (Secret Garden)
    • Lee Seung Gi - Song Min Ah (My Girlfriend is a Gumiho)
    • Park Seo Joon - Kim Ji Won (Fight for My Way)
    • Kim Soo Hyun - Jun Ji Hyun (My Love from the Star)
    • Lee Junho - Lee Se Young (The Red Sleeve)
    • Kim Jung Hyun - Shin Hye Sun (Mr. Queen)
    • Jo In Sung - Gong Hyo Jin (It's Okay, That's Love)
    • Ju Ji Hoon - Yoon Eun Hye (Goong)
    • Yoo Ah In - Kim Hee Ae (Secret Love Affair)
    • Rowoon - Park Eun Bin (The King's Affection)
    • Nam Joo Hyuk - Lee Sung Kyung (Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo)
    • Lee Jong Suk - Han Hyu Joo (W)
    • Something else. What?
  2. 2. Which of these k-drama couples would you like to see reunited on-screen again? (choose as many as you like)

• Lee Dong Wook - Yoo In Na (Goblin, Touch Your Heart)
    • Lee Soo Hyuk - Kim Hee Sun (Tomorrow)
    • Hyun Bin - Son Ye Jin (Crash Landing on You)
    • Rain - Song Hye Kyo (Full House)
    • Lee Min Ho - Park Shin Hye (Heirs)
    • Lee Jae Wook - Lee Da Hee (Search WWW)
    • So Ji Sub - Shin Min Ah (Oh My Venus)
    • Park Sung Hoon - Nana (Into the Ring)
    • Song Joong Ki - Moon Chae Won (Innocent Man)
    • Eric Mun - Seo Hyun Jin (Another Miss Oh)
    • Jung Hae In - Son Ye Jin (Something In the Rain)
    • Yoo Seung Ho - Chae Soo Bin (I'm Not a Robot)
    • Ji Hyun Woo - Yoo In Na (Queen Inhyun's Man)
    • Kim Jae Wook - Park Min Young (Her Private Life)
    • Gong Yoo - Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince)
    • Kim Myung Soo - Shin Hye Sun (Angel's Last Mission)
    • Ju Ji Hoon - Kim Hye Soo (Hyena)
    • Park Seo Joon - Park Min Young (What's Wrong With Secretary Kim)
    • Kim Seon Ho - Shin Min Ah (Hometown Cha Cha Cha)
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Which of these k-drama couples would you like to see reunited on-screen again? (choose as many as you like)

• Ji Chang Wook - Nam Ji Hyun (Suspicious Partner)
    • Hyun Bin - Kim Sun Ah (My Name is Kim Sam Soon)
    • Park Bo Gum - Kim Yoo Jung (Love In the Moonlight)
    • Lee Jun Ki - IU (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)
    • Ji Chang Wook - Song Yoon Ah (played Choi Yoo Jin) (K2)
    • Namgoong Min - Lee Jun Ho (Good Manager)
    • Something else. What?
    • Jung Il Woo - Kwon Yuri (Bossam, Good Job)
    • Ok Taecyeon - Kim So Hyun (Bring it on, Ghost)
    • Park Hyung Sik - Han Hyo Joo (Happiness)
    • Jo Jung Suk - Gong Hyo Jin (Jealousy Incarnate, Hit-and-Run Squad)
    • Song Joong Ki - Kwak Dong Yeon (Vincenzo)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2022 at 05:00 PM

• partyon changed the title to K-drama Couples You Would Like to See Reunited On-Screen Again

Haven't jumped in on one of these in ages (sorry, real life gets busy!), but this was a lot of fun for just reminiscing on some of the dramas I've watched :fullofhearts:

Honestly, I've only watched a few of the dramas - and, thus, drama couples - listed, but here the ones I picked (in no particular order):

1. Lee Joon Ki + Moon Chae Won (from Flower of Evil - haven't watched Criminal Minds yet, but want to) - I really felt like the chemistry between these two was off the charts in FoE. Possibly, it was because it was their second collab, so they had prior experience working with each other, but I also think the way the characters were written really helped.
  2. Jung Hae In + Son Ye Jin (from Something in the Rain) - This one was just all shades of cute - not much more to say to it than that :love:
  3. Yoo Ah In + Kim Hee Ae (from Secret Love Affair) - Dang...talk about something that's so wrong, but just feels so right! Honestly, if I were to just look at it objectively, the relationship between their characters was pretty messed up and unethical (not only an extramarital affair, but between a teacher and her student), but the actors really managed to pull this off. I think, for me, the director's focus on communicating this musically more than anything else and his insistence that the actors actually learn to play the pieces we hear were what sold me in the end: there is something about making music together that just sparks chemistry.

As for those who know me as a Joo Won fan primarily, you may be wondering: why haven't I brought up or nominated any of his pairings? Because honestly, poor guy hasn't really sold me on a romance yet :tounge_wink: I think my personal favourite was Kim Tae Hyun + Han Yeo Jin from Yong Pal, but that was more a case of the characters and how they were written than the actors' own chemistry - like, I don't know how to explain it, so I hope you guys get what I mean.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

@kittyna How lovely to see you in this thread! :dorakiss:

1. Lee Jun Ki and Moon Chae Won: I think their chemistry is strong because of the fact that they used to be signed to the same agency. So they probably knew each other quite well. Haven't watched Criminal Minds either, but they were amazing as a married couple in Flower of Evil. They had some great kissing scenes.

c1d1b56549393bc67f9d7ab1390643819d040adb

YES to more dramas with married couples!

:wow1:

2. Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin: I never watched Something in the Rain due to the drama script, but I heard that this couple had some super strong chemistry - to the point that people shipped them. I only recently watched my first drama with Jung Hae In - which happened to be D.P. - he's a terrific actor. Let's hope he signs up for a nice romantic drama - preferably playing a married man. :D

3. Yoo Ah In and Kim Hee Ae: Secret Love Affair. Another drama I have never watched, but one that has been on my watchlist forever. Except for the leads' chemistry, do you recommend this drama, chingu?

Am in a drama slump right now, and was planning on taking on an older drama from my watchlist.

I haven't voted yet, but one of the couples I will vote for is:

Ju Ji Hoon oppa and Yoon Eun Hye

canh-hon-kinh-dien-cua-thai-tu-joo-ji-ho

Love this couple so much, but let's face it... Back in the day when they appeared in Goong, they were both quite inexperienced actors - and inexperienced kissers.

:emmm:

Both are nowadays EXCELLENT kissers, so I expect them to deliver some heat on screen together. :glasses:

Ju Ji Hoon kissing his Hyena co-star Kim Hye Soo:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Yoon Eun Hye who invented the "Cola kiss"

Spoiler

tumblr_mdowg4Icxe1qju2iuo3_250.gif

• Like 5
  • Blob 5

I'd give anything to see Shin Hakyun and Yeo Jingoo in another show, they were so damn good.

Always down for Lee Dongwook and Yoo Inna, their chemistry is just immaculate.

Also Lee Soohyuk and Jin Seyeon to heal me from the disaster that was Born Again which physically hurt me and wasted their beautiful chemistry, they were gorgeous together.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 4

@Haeun We can add one of the couples you want to vote for in the poll. Please let me know in that case. :kiss_wink:

I just realized that I would love to add this couple to the poll too. Anyone else want to see Ha Ji Won and Jo In Sung oppa appear in a drama together again?

9bd2e3a745cc8802de3b115520d64227.jpg

• Like 4
  • Blob 7

I'd like to offer 3 more couples - 2 mains & 1 second

Jung Hae In & Han Ji Min (One Spring Night)

One Spring Night – Heart and Seoul

Park Min-Young & Seo Kang-Joon (When The Weather Is Fine)

When the Weather Is Fine Season 1 Episode 10

Seo Ji Hye & Kim Jung-Hyun (Crash Landing On You)

Photos] New Stills Added for the Korean Drama 'Crash Landing on You' @  HanCinema

These two could've/should've been the 2nd season to CLOY.  ... and No, Gu Seung Jun is not dead.

How? Consider this ...

- Dan grieves for him at the end of CLOY ... but never at a gravesite

- Many talk about Gu Seung Jun, being gone, never coming back, only 1 person says he's died ... but that person was not ever in a position to verify his death

- Gu Seung Jun was wealthy enough to pay millions to hide in North Korea for 10 years, he was leaving after only a few months at most meaning he had 9 years worth of unused wealth to throw into his forced departure - he was a criminal, a con-man so he knew better than most how to stay 1-step-ahead, so even with a mere hour to prepare for Dans rescue, I say he also prepared himself another exit strategy

#GuSeungJunLives B)

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

I'd like to see Jang Nara and the guy in the Haunted house. There was very little romance, but will they or won't they do it? Being a 30 something guy who is a virgin is unusual.:lol:

I love the Winter Sonata couple but they are in their 40's so not many scripts for them, most likely.

LJK and MCW are great  in Flower of  Evil. They have always been good in the shows I have watched. The lovers of Red Sky couple is also good, not great. 
I very much prefer the old shows' couples, Sassy girl with Ha Ji Won(?), Sassy girl Chun Young. 

Another show that broke my heart was Windstruck with Jang Hyuk and the actress from Blue Lagoon ( wasn't that B.Sheilds?).:smile:

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

one thing I have learned from watching the bossam couple reunite is that the actors chemistry isn't enough; the drama has to have script, direction and the right tone to recreate that kind of intense magic. otherwise, it can be a fail or just a bit of a meh. good job was at times cute but mostly goofy as it was a comedy. but it also meant that it didn't really sell the chemistry they had in bossam. perhaps they would be better in something more dramatic in another saeguk like bossam or something super melo and intense

FdApCHOagAAVrWK.jpg

(good job)

uAqmy3cMsuT5-h_T7tLQXKIWNpwCng0NvKHgodf8 

(they were presenters together at some award show)

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Blob 3

My all-time favorite couple, Park Bong Pal (Ok Taecyeon) and Kim Hyun Ji (Kim So Hyun).  They had great chemistry.

spacer.png

She's older so there shouldn't be so much flack about their age gap.  Even though it never bothered me anyway.

I'll  have to think about the rest.  So hard to choose from the many I enjoyed.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

@LeftCoastOppa @maribella If you would like for me to add your favorite couple to the poll, each of you can nominate one. Let me know :glasses:

@Lmangla @TheaN added your suggestions to the poll. :kiss_wink:

@azureblue7 Our Snail Couple (Jang Nara & Jang Hyuk) is in the lead :love:

1203902_orig.jpg

Btw, I read news last summer that both actors were reviewing the same script, which meant that there was a possibility that they would reunite for a THIRD time. Guess it fell through, since we haven't heard any news of a joint drama after that.

:brokenheart:

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1

Hi! Thank you for tagging me @partyon

For now there's only one couple i could mention at the top of my head: han hyo joo and park hyung sik on happiness. Even though they're technically married but their chemistry haven't developed much until the few last episodes. And they really sold the friends to lovers chemistry, not quite the bickering type but just the casual, comfy type and I love that. Narratively the story didn't really have more rooms for sequels, but i just really want to see them together again. Even hyo joo still ocassionally called him 'hyun-ah' (his character's name) when they met irl!!!! So cute :please:

That's it for now, might come back and edit later, we'll see.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

@SleepyKitty I have added Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik to the poll. :kiss_wink:

I have to say that Park Hyung Sik is one of those actors who always has good rapport and chemistry with his co-stars. Loved him with both Park Bo Young and Nam Ji Hyun too! :love:

Which other actors almost always have good chemistry with their co-stars? I feel like Jang Nara and Ji Chang Wook also fit the bill.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

33 minutes ago, partyon said:

@LeftCoastOppa @maribella If you would like for me to add your favorite couple to the poll, each of you can nominate one. Let me know :glasses:

@Lmangla @TheaN added your suggestions to the poll. :kiss_wink:

@azureblue7 Our Snail Couple (Jang Nara & Jang Hyuk) is lin the lead :love:

Btw, I read news last summer that both actors were reviewing the same script, which meant that there was a possibility that they would reunite for a THIRD time. Guess it fell through, since we haven't heard any news of a joint drama after that.

Yeah!! So happy they are in the lead! Their chemistry in the drama is tooo perfect!

And yes, they are reuniting for the 4th time in a tvN drama "Family" in 2023. Both of them have posted bts pics of them filming the drama on their Instagram accounts.:selfie2:

Edited by partyon
Please do not quote images, thanks :)
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

one thing I have learned from watching the bossam couple reunite is that the actors chemistry isn't enough; the drama has to have script, direction and the right tone to recreate that kind of intense magic.

I totally agree. I liked many couples on screen but I never thought of them outside the project, like I wanted to see the couple in another project. I never thought of any couples as an "intense magic" that I really have to see it another time.  I want the script to be good/interesting, and if the the drama has actors I like it is even better.

The only time I kind of wish to see a couple reunite in another project was Kim So yeon and Joo Jin Mo/ Park Hee Soon because I saw them in movie Gabi and I thought it was not enough. It would be interesting to see them in longer projects. But it is not a must. :D

About the poll, I really did not know what to vote as none was 'a must' in my book. But I put a vote to some of the couples to participate on the poll. :)

The other couples I like who are not in the poll: Kim Kang Woo and Park Hee Soon (Missing Noir M),  Kim Myung Min and Kim Hyun Joo (I did not watch The Miracle We Met, but I would like to see them in another drama). I like Kim Hyun Joo with everyone. :D She already was reunited with Ji Jin Hee (three times) and Park Hee Soon (two times).

I want to see new couples on screen.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

And yes, they are reuniting for the 4th time in a tvN drama "Family" in 2023. Both of them have posted bts pics of them filming the drama on their Instagram accounts.

What?!?!? I did not know it was confirmed that both had signed up for it. :scream: This was the news I read this summer:

https://koalasplayground.com/2022/06/07/jang-hyuk-offered-male-lead-in-k-drama-family-opposite-jang-nara-with-potential-for-third-reunion/

How have I missed that Jang Hyuk had accepted the offer?

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

It's a dream come true! :criesariver:Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk are reuniting again after almost 10 years, peeps! :highonflowers:

@Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Vahh so many Lol.

PLEASE REUNITE!!! 

I will name 3 which werent included I guess , or I missed them lol

1. Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da hae

EIkJ7uzVUAAg0nZ?format=jpg&name=large

I loved their chemistry in both shows My Girl and Hotel King

2.  Kim Go Eun - Ahn Bo Hyun - They just hit different from all her onscreen Cps.

Spoiler

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

3.  Gong Hyo Jin Jo Jung Suk - Somehow super Sexy and Immensely Underrated.

jealousyguy.jpg

4. Ju Ji Hoon and Shin Min Ha....- OMO SEXY CHEMISTRY!!!!!!

EezL81PVoAIgX5M?format=jpg&name=900x900

From List.

Lee Jon Suk - Han Hyo Ju

Park Bo Young- Park Hyung Sik 

Lee Min Ho - Park Shin Hye

And A Few I want to see if they really can spark  or not lol just for fun.

Lee Jun Ki - Lee Da Hae

Kim Soo Hyun - Park Eun Bin

Yoo Yeon Sook- Go Ara

Kim Woo Bin And Anyone.....Lmao....I need to see the Best Romance Yet, like somehow both Suzy and Ha Ji Min it wasnt passionate passionate, Oppa Do Passionate RIGHT NOW lol.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

5 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I will name 3 which werent included I guess , or I missed them lol

These are awesome nominations, chingu! :love: I can include one nomination per person - please let me know which one you choose and I will add it to the poll pronto.

5 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Park Bo Young- Park Hyung Sik 

This couple I really want to see again. They were soooo cute in Strong Woman. :wub:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

love-strong-woman-do-bong-soon-cute-Favi

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I personally like to see new couples but I wish to see Kim Nam Gil and Go Hyun Jung in a drama together. They played mother  and son in The Great Queen Seondeok and they were among the first actors that caught my attention in the beginning of watching kdramas. I don`t need them to play a romatic couple but I wish to see them in the same project.

9 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Gong Hyu Jin Jo Jong Suk - Somehow super Sexy and Immensely Underated.

I liked them in Incarnation of Jealousy.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4