Official Perth Thread!

Antz

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Xiaoba1tu
as for radio transmitter.. i know you can get it as cheap as $10-15 but those are like less known brands, but still work.

heres the one my bro owns, it works fine, cheap too.. just search "ipod FM transmitter" in ebay and plenty of these will pop up.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wireless-LCD-FM-Tra...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah a bit too cheap and dodgy ($5). hehe.

I can't have the USB port on the transmitter, I need something like this:

http://www.buymac.com.au/product/itrip-mini

(Has the metal stick coming out of it.)

I was like $60!

Guest myclock

free lightbulbs. nice :P but usually take a long time before you get these free stuff :(

as for fm transmitter. im sure theres ones that only have the headphone jack (without the little extra plug) so that they can be used for all mp3 players not just ipod.

thanks for the link twilight. i submitted a form in already.

i should stop playing on the ds. i havent played for half a year and now im back into it =]

yay for phoenix wright.

Guest <3 Kim

^ haha I just recently started playing DS too :P

I left it for like 3 months without playing cos of exams and that xD

I'm starting to play Pokemon again so I can transfer my Pokemon onto my wii game xD

Guest myclock
^ haha I just recently started playing DS too :P

I left it for like 3 months without playing cos of exams and that xD

I'm starting to play Pokemon again so I can transfer my Pokemon onto my wii game xD

:o pokemon... all these people are talking this stuff in my year now... wish i had a gamecube to finish my collection on fire red.. only need to get 25 or so more pokemon to own them all :P

Guest <3 Kim
:o pokemon... all these people are talking this stuff in my year now... wish i had a gamecube to finish my collection on fire red.. only need to get 25 or so more pokemon to own them all :P

haha get Pokemon Diamond, you can get all of them easily by going on wifi and trading :P

HAHHAHA ^ u random.

wow i didnt know u could transfer it to wii. man pokemon is so old school, last time i played was on my gameboy colour. i had like pokemon yellow,red,silver but i somehow could never collect them all *cries* im not a pokemon master.

i downloaded the cooking guide for ds (you know that one advertised on tv) its pretty cool, if only i could be bothered. it teaches u everything! even how to peel onions.

Guest myclock
haha get Pokemon Diamond, you can get all of them easily by going on wifi and trading :P

haha i had diamond and pearl.. finished diamond, but the fun factor just wasnt there like back in the old days like fire red :(

i played most of the good games on DS already and got bored of it so sold my DS. mind you i have owned 3 DSs :P

if yu could use a PSP like a phone I'd get one ^ ^

the DS you can use VOIP on which is almost like a phone :o i was tempted into buying another PSP lately coz i've been bored but now i got other things to save up for :P

Guest TrainDriver

psp can also use Skype (VOIP), just inconvenient cos it costs a lot for wifi roaming internet and u have to carry a headset around like a tool :P

Guest myclock
psp can also use Skype (VOIP), just inconvenient cos it costs a lot for wifi roaming internet and u have to carry a headset around like a tool :P

hmm yeah.. only real use would be at home if you got a wireless network already setup. unless you plan to steal someone elses unsecured wireless :P

Guest <3 Kim

^ HAHA xD

LOL sorry for not recognising you today kandi xD I had no idea what you look like so I just decided to stand around to see if you would call me :x LOLL Thanks for your notes too ^__^

no problems Kim. haha i think u'd guess it was me cos there was only 2 ppl out front.

yeh i wasn sure if it was you either cos ive only seen u in a cosplay outfit and ur avatar.

i didn't do so well in that unit though =P

perth is on aussie idol right now. *cringes*

Guest Xiaoba1tu
Kids' disco shut after Bob the Builder noise complaint

19th August 2008, 7:00 WST

A kindergarten disco in New Zealand has been shut after a neighbour complained that it was playing Bob the Builder too loud.

"It was only 6.30pm," Lisa Gordon, head teacher at One Tree Hill Kindergarten in Auckland, told the Dominion Post.

"It just strikes me as pretty absurd."

She said that parents, babies and a crowd of preschool children under five years old were grooving to light pop music and the Chicken Dance at the annual disco when the council noise control officer showed up with an official notice ordering it closed down after the neighbour complained.

"I think he must have been pretty embarrassed," she said.

"We're planning to frame the notice."

WELLINGTON

Babies "grooving to light pop music" haha. xD

Why can't they listen to their Bob the builder in peace?

Toilet flusher faces eviction

14th August 2008, 8:30 WST

A woman who wakes her neighbour by repeatedly flushing the lavatory at night is facing eviction from her home.

Mwynwen Jones, 57, has lived in her council house in Tremadog, Gwynedd, for more than 20 years but angered another resident by banging her bathroom door and pulling the chain at all hours of the night.

The High Court in London heard that Mrs Jones was guilty of nothing more than making run-of-the-mill "household noises".

But Judge John Behrens rejected her legal attempt to overturn Gwynedd County Council's moves to evict her.

"Whilst flushing a toilet may not be a nuisance, plainly it may be so if it is done repeatedly and at anti-social hours," he said.

Caroline Harris, her barrister, had earlier told the court Mrs Jones was in the habit of flushing the toilet twice after use.

However, the sound insulation in her home was so poor that a neighbour could even hear the sound of her ironing clothes, said Miss Harris.

In December last year the local authority decided to demote Mrs Jones from secure tenant status after she was accused of being a nuisance neighbour.

It followed this up with a county court possession order against her, descibed by Miss Harris as "irrational".

She said only one neighbour had complained about the noise and claimed that Mrs Jones had not even known of her demotion from secure tenant status when the decisive complaints were made in December.

Describing Mrs Jones as "vulnerable", the barrister said she had suffered mental health problems and even the council's own estates manager had said at one point she "needed help" rather than court action being taken against her.

However, Judge Behrens said Mrs Jones had missed the 14-day time limit for seeking a review of the council's decision to demote her. He also said there had been no appeal against the court order.

Gwynedd's application for a possession order had been "duly served" on Mrs Jones and the judge rejected claims that she had been given a "legitimate expectation" that her case would be reviewed afresh during a telephone call in January.

Describing her judicial review challenge as "hopeless", he said the council had had to carry out a "balancing exercise" between Mrs Jones' rights and the needs of her neighbours.

He added that as Mrs Jones had already lost her status as a secure tenant, the council would not even have to show it was "reasonable" to evict her.

Nathan Wright, solicitor for Mrs Jones, said afterwards: "My opinion on demoted tenancies is that they are unfair and don't give the tenant the chance to defend the allegations against them."

The council said it will proceed with moves to evict Mrs Jones, a mother who lives alone.

A source said: "There was persistent flushing throughout the night, running up and down stairs and banging of the door. It was a repeated pattern of behaviour over a sustained period of time."

LONDON

THE TELEGRAPH GROUP

Haha! Weird people.

How can you hear ironing sounds? :lol:

Archived