Official Perth Thread!

Antz

Guest <3 Kim
Do we have Gatsby Moving Rubber anywhere around here? oo;

I've tried 3054534234234 different brands of wax xD So uh..yeah.

I'm moving today =/

I saw it in a shop in carillion city. The one near the food court that sells stuff for cars :/

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest myclock
I saw it in a shop in carillion city. The one near the food court that sells stuff for cars :/

yup thats the place :) like $18 each or 3 for $15

Guest iPhets
Umm...I think a friend of mine said some shops in caro have vacancies.

yes, there are some new shops about to open soon.. one food thingy in front of target ^^

there are more but i didn't see any numbers or whatever to contact them =/

Guest kappow

whoa.. thanks for the replies ^_^

im actually needing a job because im going for a study tour in December.. so i cant really do xmas

i live in the north of the river but i honestly dont mind anywhere, junk food is a bit meh, but yea nearly getting desperate.

^^ wheres caro? is that carrousel?

Guest Twilightforest

went ice skating on friday, it was fun ^ ^ I fell heaps!!! it didn;t hurt much surprisingly... the only one that hurt was the one I landed funny on my side. sore butt/hip, Quite dangerous too when theres alot of ppl standing around a area. Who would have thought that stationary ppl are more dangerous then mobile ppl...

there was this this person that fell in front of me onto my skates and cut his finger, it was kinda random how it happened too, like theres a the mob of ppl going around in circles on the outer edge of the ring and then the center is more open and yu got ppl playing chasey/tag and piggy in the middle and the random figure skaters... well I was in the middle practicing how to spin around and around trying to get my weight shifts right (cause I kinda kept freaking ppl out spinning randomly on the edge of the ring), I was in the most open place I could be and this guy decides to come my way and just falls over onto my skates(yeah I cant really explain it, he just saw me, came my way and fell on me), I could see him coming towards me so I stopped hoping he'd be able to dodge(we had a good 5-8 meters between us.) and he just fell and landing on my foot/skates,his finger started bleeding quite crazily and he left a little blood trail out of the ring, I felt bad for it... the guy didn't say much either. and I dont know what happened after... but blood shows up really well on ice.

panic ppl got a skating thingy on in a few weeks so I'll be going again soon ^ ^"

^ah i havent been iceskating for ages!! i really like it! though i've only been like twice or 3 times. the first time i was super scared and couldnt stand up properly but after a while i got used to it and it's pretty fun hehe. ahh im always so scared when i fall over and someone might come by and cut my finger or something T__T especially those sharp blades ><

I love ice skating. The mosambooka rink is crappy, but the one all the way down south is ok. I would go more if there was a plane from the city to cockburn ice rink or a high speed train or something.

Guest kinfuloh87
I love ice skating. The mosambooka rink is crappy, but the one all the way down south is ok. I would go more if there was a plane from the city to cockburn ice rink or a high speed train or something.

lol where is cockburn ice rink is tat down south o.o

Guest Twilightforest

I went to the cockburn one, http://www.cockburnicearena.com.au/ its just of kwinana/roe highway off armadale road, its only about 25mins away from where I live. Its very similar to roller blading, yu dont have the rubber brake so its a bit harder to stop, in my opinion its easier to ice skate then roller blade but no one else seems to think so. lol. when the ring/rink has lots of ppl the surface gets really chopped up(think shaved ice) and theres a bit of random factor and it can be quite hard to keep yur balance sometimes when its like that(especially when yur going onto it without realizing how bad the surface is), they have some funny events, like tag, speed skates, more tag and a mass "hands together" linked blading around the ring. nothing too great though... and in between they sometimes clear the ring and get this dude with a ice forming machine, its like a lawn mower but for ice. pretty cool, has nitrogen or something mixed with water to smooth up the surface. can really feel the diference after. but it doesn;t seem to last long. >_<"

Guest Xiaoba1tu

I've been twice and I hate it. Such a waste of time and money. I still have the scars on my leg from years ago. I didn't fall, it was the abrasions from between the inside of the skates and my skin. <_<

$17 per person.

It's so cold and during the school holidays the place is packed with kids, it's really far and there isn't a good public transport route to get there and back.

lol where is cockburn ice rink is tat down south o.o

Cockburn Ice Arena

239 Barrington Street

BIBRA LAKE Western Australia

http://www.cockburnicearena.com.au/index.htm

i've never been ice skating. if u could use roller blades, could u ice skate??

No. You can buy your own iceskates or use the ones provided. (Most people use the ones there unless you are a professional ice-skater).

Roller blades can't grip properly on the ice. So you'd probably keep slipping.

I would go more if there was a plane from the city to cockburn ice rink or a high speed train or something.

The Perth-Mandurah line stops at Cockburn.

Perth->Esplanade->Canning Bridge->Bullcreek->Murdoch->Cockburn.

But I don't know where to go from there.

--

The Games Expo sucked today.

Hardly any free stuff. :(

There was all these computer stuff and games. @_@ so boring.

Guest iPhets

^i think he meant if a person was able to roller blade would he be able to ice skate properly lol~

i cant even rollerblade so i wont try =.=

Guest Xiaoba1tu

^

oh ok.

Aww I never learnt how to rollerblade either and I just tried rollerskating. It was hard the first time then it was alright.

Guest Twilightforest

go3 is pretty lame. I didn't go this year and I probably wont ever again.

the abrasions are quite bad... but good thick socks help cushion it. the insides of my feet got pretty strained though... not sure if it was just cause my leg muscles werent use to it or my bad blood circulation... It didn't feel that cold though. the one in singapore though... that was cold, felt like -10 degrees or soemthing.

Guest <3 Kim

Haha yeah, a few new friends I met at SupaNova said they went and thought it was really crap and a waste of time. I heard reviews about it lsat year so thats why I planned not to go at all xD

But I saw cosplayers today when I went to timezone with friends, also yesterday too :P

Guest iPhets

hehe i saw some too, they weren't bad...but the hair was a little flat. LOL.

i think he was cosplaying the prince in ffxiii, cos he had black hair and red contacts, full black outfit.

if i could make it to waicon next year i think i might do him, or the lightning girl...or just be simple and go as yuki from vampire knight o.o

Guest myclock

yeah there was a lot of hype about GO3 last year since it was the first year running, but a lot of people were disappointed and it seems this year it got even worse :(

531 from cockburn station goes with in 600m of the ice place but there are a few other buses. Not as many as there should be though.

I think ice skating depends on who you go with. If you go with some one who knows a little about it then it's much better. I went with a girl who pretty much knew enough to get us started and then we both did lessons with our little sisters so it was fun. Now we know the basics it's good fun, but I haven't been in ages. No one to go with and no time to go.

Archived