[Drama 2023] Bora! Deborah/ True to Love, 보라! 데보라

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 14 *Last episode*! :).

“The Good Bad Mother” Breaks Into Double-Digit Ratings As “True To Love” Comes To Quiet End

“The Good Bad Mother” Breaks Into Double-Digit Ratings As “True To Love” Comes To Quiet End

Meanwhile, ENA’s “True to Love” ended on an average nationwide rating of 0.96 percent, marking a slight rise in viewership from its penultimate episode the night prior.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1589961wpp/the-good-bad-mother-breaks-into-double-digit-ratings-as-true-to-love-comes-to-quiet-end

• Like 1

The finale was alright but not stellar LoL. Mostly just dragging myself to finish this. Didn't feel any chemistry between In Na and Hyun Min tbh. Yoo In Na really hard carried this entire drama but she needs better projects.

I feel like she's stuck the same way as Park Min Young. Both great actresses but seem to do these average type dramas. 

Jin Ho and Bo Mi were probably the most accomplished couple on the show 'cause they went through it all in 14 ep. ha-ha! Their courtship felt very lackluster(?) More than that I always felt Bo Mi was unlikable and she didn't seem to be into Jin Ho as much...

Then there's Sang Jin with U Ri ew LoL. He is a much better match with his ex. Too bad she's moved on. I feel Sang Jin just gave in to U Ri y'know? 'Cause he felt lonely..? Sorry for her Idk? 

Yu Jung with Jin Woo erm LoL. They could've resolved their issues if they just talk. As usual in k-dramas LoL. They don't communicate. Ever. They believe in telepathy I think tsk. Instead they went back and forth a lot and he was just a man-child for the most part. 

Overall it felt like the men weren't ready to settle down. It really was the women that pressured them to do so LoL. The whole fuss kicked up by Ju Wan was stupid and unnecessary. He just ended up the same he had always been.. Da Mi was as low as he is ugh. 

And well sighs then it ended LoL. This year has been mostly underwhelming with dramas. Hopefully there's better ones in store.. 

• Like 2

I enjoyed this a lot. Yoo Inna excels at this genre and was fun to watch. She has great chemistry with her co stars. I have to admit that I started this because of her and fell in love with Yoon Hyun Min. Haha. I haven’t seen him in anything before. This could be just me, but somehow he reminds me a bit of Gong Yoo and Lee Jae Wook. They don’t look alike but these are the kind of men that I find can act both charming and goofy at the same time.

I really like the characters of Bora and Soo Hyuk. I like how their relationship unfolded. And how they stayed true to their selves to the end. Of course, SH needed just a little nudge from Bora to make his move. But it’s ok. I think that both of them needed courage to say what they feel. She finally did after discovering where he really lived and saw his written note and necklace. He took a lot longer to process his next move but he finally did after he received her confession. I think the best part was that both of their love languages were reciprocated in the same manner. She also got to reveal what she felt in a manuscript. And he got to make his “drama -like” confession that she wanted to hear.

Loved their bickering and flirty glances. There were quite a few laugh out loud moments. And of course, I love their kisses. I was generally just watching this with a happy heart whenever they were together.

Cto

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The finale was alright but not stellar LoL. Mostly just dragging myself to finish this. Didn't feel any chemistry between In Na and Hyun Min tbh. Yoo In Na really hard carried this entire drama but she needs better projects.

I feel like she's stuck the same way as Park Min Young. Both great actresses but seem to do these average type dramas.

And well sighs then it ended LoL. This year has been mostly underwhelming with dramas. Hopefully there's better ones in store.. 

Agree with your view.  It was such an underwhelming and lackluster drama.  Without In Na this drama would have tanked for she alone carried the show.  Without her, the ratings would be below par.  In Na without a doubt is a great actress and have a fans all over the world.  As for PMY, I think she is past her prime and the recent scandal involving her ex-boyfriend did not help.  Both their recent picks of dramas IMHO to act in were not their wisest choices and hope their next drama will be great ones.

• Like 1

Bora! Deborah: Episodes 13-14 (Final)

by Unit

Bora14-00005.jpg

Our final week spins us around in circles and just when we think we’re done, it spins us around some more. Between our publisher and his writer, the “show don’t tell” rule might work in books, but real life works with a separate set of rules. And for a happily ever after, something has to give.

EPISODES 13-14

We have finally come to the end of the breakup show, and trust me when I say I’m happy to send it off without any fanfare. As consolation, though, it could have been worse. I mean, Bora could have ended up with Ju-wan again — which is basically the horror Episode 13 subjected us to.

To celebrate Deborah’s return to radio as a breakup icon, Ju-wan calls in on the show and blabs about wanting to get back together with his ex. Yunno, since his self-awareness meter is broken and he doesn’t know a thing about boundaries. But when he shows up at the station after her segment is over and asks to start over again, Bora hesitates. She lets herself be dragged away and as usual, Soo-hyuk is a witness to this moment.

“You seem like a different person these days. Give me a chance to get to know you better,” Ju-wan tells Bora over coffee, and I think the coffee would have looked better on his face rather than in the mug. But you do you, Bora.

To show how committed Ju-wan is to getting back together, he shows up at Bora’s meeting with Soo-hyuk acting all boyfriendly, and I just want to put him in a rocket and launch him into space! Isn’t Elon Musk his role model? He should go open a Mom’s Chicken outlet on Mars or something. Ugh! I don’t expect anything less from Ju-wan, but I expected more from Bora here, and I was disappointed that she didn’t put her foot down immediately and tell Ju-wan where to go. Between Hell and Mars, there’s plenty of locations I can suggest.

Instead, Ju-wan sticks around long enough to accuse Soo-hyuk of taking advantage of Bora’s post-breakup vulnerability to sway her heart. And it’s really Ju-wan’s audacity for me. But in typical Soo-hyuk fashion, he keeps mum about his feelings for Bora — which is all the ammunition Ju-wan needs to cast doubts in Bora’s mind. Because how can she be swayed by someone who doesn’t feel anything for her? It doesn’t help that Soo-hyuk congratulates her on returning to radio and on her “new relationship,” and I want to scream! Assumptions will be the end of this publisher-writer duo.

Done with the assumptions, Bora decides to clear the air once and for all with Soo-hyuk, and good for her because they need to put a definite tag to whatever it is going on between them. Bora pushes and prods, but Soo-hyuk stays true to love character, and he doesn’t break. And this is where Bora delivers one of my favorite quotes in the show, “If you can’t verbalize your feelings, don’t show them in the first place. [Because] it only makes the one who’s misled a fool!” This right here is the TRUTH! And it encapsulates the totality of my frustration with Soo-hyuk.

Over the course of the drama, we’ve seen that Soo-hyuk is a man of actions over words. Acts of service seem more of his love language unlike Bora who’s partial to words of affirmation. But when it comes to making a relationship work or even getting it off the ground to begin with, there has to be a compromise. You don’t automatically assume that people will know how you feel — you need to man up and let them know. And to do that, you need to speak the language they understand because for people to feel loved, they need to be loved in their own language. And that’s what Soo-hyuk still hasn’t gotten. He made the mistake with Yu-ri, and he’s doing it again with Bora.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/05/bora-deborah-episodes-13-14-final/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

by Hazel Jung, May 26, 2023

4e1JL1_2f.jpg

On the 24th, Park So Jin met with Star News for a round interview to commemorate the conclusion of the ENA Thursday drama Bo Ra! Deborah (written by Ah Kyung, directed by Lee Tae Gon and Seo Min Jung) at a café in Jangchung-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul.

Bo Ra! Deborah, which ended on the 25th, is a story of overwhelming romance that begins when dating coach Deborah (played by Yoo In Na), who believes love requires strategy, and publishing planner Soo Hyuk (played by Yoon Hyun Min), who believes love requires authenticity, work together to create a dating guidebook.

Spoiler

rNV8Z2_2f.jpg

0w4YgO_2f.jpg

1wdRPQ_2f.jpg

Park So Jin performed impressively as Lee Yu Jung, Bo Ra's best friend and lifestyle magazine editor. She portrayed the lovable and frustrated Yu Jung, who is bothered by her indifferent husband, with liveliness, perfectly fulfilling her role as a catalyst in Bo Ra! Deborah.

When asked for her thoughts on the drama's conclusion, Park So Jin said, "I'm thankful to the colleagues I spent the cold winter with. We took care of each other and had enjoyable shoots, so I'm also grateful for that. I'm grateful for being able to portray the character Yu Jung."

Having earned recognition as an actress after her time in a girl group, Park So Jin confessed that she now feels a sense of satisfaction as her true self, as 'the genuine Park So Jin.' Having entered her 13th year since debut, she seemed to have finally found her place, as she described.

Park So Jin stated, "The most significant change since my debut is the 'fun' aspect. Now, I find joy in my work. The biggest difference is that I can use myself. In the early days, it felt like I was shaving off parts of myself to fit into the product I was trying to create. Despite loving music, I couldn't feel the enjoyment. Now, I am much more satisfied with my work."

On the other hand, many people still miss Park So Jin as a singer. When asked if there was a chance to see her on stage again, she cautiously replied, "Currently, I have no plans for that, and I'm not sure if I have the ability for it."

She continued, "I simply loved music. I find talented singers impressive and admirable. It feels fantastic to be able to express oneself through music. However, if you ask me if I have that aspect in me, I'm not sure. Strangely, it feels like a 'dream' inside my heart," she confessed.

https://mydramalist.com/article/from-k-pop-to-k-drama-park-so-jin-s-transition-from-girl-s-day-idol-to-being-an-actress

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Yoo Inna's last words to the viewers of Bora! Deborah ....

Yoo Inna: Lastly, I sincerely thanked all the viewers who cried and laughed together watching the rise and fall of Boras relationship. I was really happy because you were with me. I will cheer for all kinds of love that will unfold in your life to shine. Thank you!

In a way, I hope there will be many opportunities to meet various characters that I haven't shown you so far, and I will always do my best, so I hope you watch.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:36 PM, shinkeru said:

I enjoyed this a lot. Yoo Inna excels at this genre and was fun to watch. She has great chemistry with her co stars. I have to admit that I started this because of her and fell in love with Yoon Hyun Min. Haha. I haven’t seen him in anything before. This could be just me, but somehow he reminds me a bit of Gong Yoo and Lee Jae Wook. They don’t look alike but these are the kind of men that I find can act both charming and goofy at the same time.

Yes, me too. I find Yoon Hyunmin looks like and with aura and vibes of  Gong Yoo here in this drama so sometimes I remember the Goblin drama here seeing Sunny played by Yoo Inna and Kim Shin, the Goblin ...played by Gong Yoo.  

• Love 1

Yoo Inna shared thoughts about Bora! Deborah in her wrap-up interview released by YG.

---------------------------

What are the simmilarities and differences between Bora and you?

Yoo Inna: I'm really good at counseling my friends around me, but I'm not good at dating like Bora. Durinf caresses I acts like a fool, and after a breakup I cries a lot like Bora.

tweet ctto:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@rogue that’s a really nice mv of their moments together. 

this clip is like real life versions of them being Soo Hyuk and Bora while Sang Jin leans against the wall like a 3rd wheel :D glad to see them having fun on set. wish there were more of these and two more episodes of the show this week. 

and here’s a link to the songs on Spotify, includes all instrumental and background music in the drama 

• Like 2

Bora! Deborah / True To Love

Episode 8 Preview

Yoo Inna's romantic comedy drama Bora! Deborah also known as True To Love finished airing it's 14th Finale episode. You can watch all it's 14 episodes on Amazon Prime Video and also now available on Netflix Korea .

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 12:36 AM, shinkeru said:

I really like the characters of Bora and Soo Hyuk. I like how their relationship unfolded. And how they stayed true to their selves to the end. Of course, SH needed just a little nudge from Bora to make his move. But it’s ok. I think that both of them needed courage to say what they feel. She finally did after discovering where he really lived and saw his written note and necklace. He took a lot longer to process his next move but he finally did after he received her confession. I think the best part was that both of their love languages were reciprocated in the same manner. She also got to reveal what she felt in a manuscript. And he got to make his “drama -like” confession that she wanted to hear.

Loved their bickering and flirty glances. There were quite a few laugh out loud moments. And of course, I love their kisses. I was generally just watching this with a happy heart whenever they were together.

Cto

Totally agree with your review and take on the show - they made such a great pair and I thought both characters were so well written. I need to watch more YHM dramas and Yoo Inna obviously never disappoints! She made me laugh out loud in so many scenes.

Overall, I really really enjoyed the show! My only one point would be that the pacing could've been better - and I think if it was 16 episodes, it would have been perfect. I absolutely loved the main leads but felt like the screentime was too much on the side characters especially in the last few episodes, so would've loved two more eps of Bo Ra and Su-Hyuk's shenanigans :).  I will def be rewatching once this is on Netflix North America!

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote Tweets that contain images, gifs or videos. Thanks!

6 hours ago, bellatrix_19 said:

Overall, I really really enjoyed the show! My only one point would be that the pacing could've been better - and I think if it was 16 episodes, it would have been perfect. I absolutely loved the main leads but felt like the screentime was too much on the side characters especially in the last few episodes, so would've loved two more eps of Bo Ra and Su-Hyuk's shenanigans :).  I will def be rewatching once this is on Netflix North America!

Yeah, this seems to be those rare occasions when we wish there were more episodes, esp more screen time for Bora and SH. 

Re Yoon Hyun Min dramas— @bellatrix_19

Spoiler

I watched My Holo Love right away, even before Bora finished airing. It’s also entertaining, he plays dual characters.

I’m currently watching A Witch’s Court or Witch at Court now. He plays a lawyer/psychiatrist and also has great chemistry with the main actress Jung Ryeo Won. 

• Like 2