[Drama 2024] The Queen of Tears / 눈물의 여왕 - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won

Maetawinz

13 hours ago, jayakris said:

I don't think they will extend this.  I think we saw that they have finished shooting.  There may be no extensions.  That will be better, rather than seeing draggy episodes and useless confusion brought in.   6 more episodes, and let the drama rock!!

Just saw that they are planning two one-hour special episodes on May 4th and 5th, after the drama's final episode on Apr 28th.  So, no extension, but something to watch for one extra week.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/04/hit-drama-queen-of-tears-starring-kim-soo-hyun-and-kim-ji-won-to-air-special-episode

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Hi @UnniSarah   It is good to see you here.   And "on & off" @africandramalover   too.

I'm "watching" this drama, meaning I let my eyes focus on the screen as it plays. Must be FOMO keeping me there. Maybe I've watched dramas for too long, but I'm blasé about it... If a person doesn't watch it, they're not missing out, I fear!:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 3

10 hours ago, hush puppy said:

1) The difference between Eun Sung and Hyun Woo is that:

Hyun Woo  respects Hae In.  He may not see eye-to-eye with her on a lot of things, but the respect is always there.  For her intelligence, independence and courage.  That is why he is using their "Divorce" to make her stand up and fight against her illness.

While Eun Sun sees Hae In as a "Damsel in Distress".   And only he as the Knight In A Shining Armour can save her.   Because of his childhood and upbringing, Eun Sun is an inferior person who needs Affirmation.  So he can never have a healthy relationship with any woman.   Much less Hae In.

As for Hae In and Hyun Woo, their Respect for each other is Mutual.  That is the Strength of their Love.  :heart:

2) Who will get to the "Sleeping Beauty" - the Silly Chairman first ? I think none of the searching parties will get to him.   He is already "Conscious".  I expect him to escape by himself.  So everybody will see "An Empty Bed".

Who gets to find him after that ?  Hyun Woo ?   Maybe...........

3) Hae In's illness.   If it is not a Misdiagnosis, the ensuing environment filled with Love and Encouragement will enable her to recover.

I love this  Q &A session 

Your answer was  on point. Eun Sun sees Hae In as a trophy. His attachement comes from Jealousy for his mom attachment.  When Hae In did not act like a spoiled brat after he saved her,  his perception of her changed and his twisted love bloom. I don’t think he has ever been love and he

Mo Seul Hee- I think this character also has twisted feeling toward Man Dae( Queen’s Chairman). She doesn’t want to kill him but wants him to be under her control because his family have no respect for her. 

• Like 2

How are we going to have a happy ending when her cancer has gone into the intercranial zones? 
Sometimes they kill off the OTP and expect us to rejoice that they are happy together somewhere. I am just thinking, ok? No need to get huffy with me. :hwaiting2:

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, maribella said:

No need to get huffy with me. :hwaiting2:

How dare you speak for me?  I *need* to get huffy today.   

Angry King Arthur GIF by SWR KindernetzComedy Reaction GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

but...

3 hours ago, maribella said:

How are we going to have a happy ending when her cancer has gone into the intercranial zones? 

I think they will simply say that the experimental German treatment worked in the case of 1 in 50 people and that the one was Hae-in.  It is a drama after all, and we cannot file a lawsuit that they duped us! :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jayakris said:

How dare you speak for me?  I *need* to get huffy today.   

but...

I think they will simply say that the experimental German treatment worked in the case of 1 in 50 people and that the one was Hae-in.  It is a drama after all, and we cannot file a lawsuit that they duped us! :)

You MAY be right. After all, HW and his siblings are like chalk and cheese, while HE and her brother are both good looking, she has a steel trap mind but he is a lame brain.  The chaebol family has managed to control a conglomerate for generations but is so gullible that they invest in a trillion won project on the word of the grandson and the investor . It is all possible. I watch daillies all the time and anything is possible.

Though, I do expect a bit more reality from non-daillies. Notice the I @jayakris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

The chaebol family has managed to control a conglomerate for generations but is so gullible that they invest in a trillion won project on the word of the grandson and the investor . It is all possible. I watch daillies all the time and anything is possible.

Though, I do expect a bit more reality from non-daillies. Notice the I @jayakris

I am with you.  I had said earlier that this drama "teeters on the edge of silliness".  A lot of what they show are not realistic at all. Yeah, maybe we can say that anything is kinda sorta possible in dramas, but it is a bit too much.  But through all that silliness, they have managed to create the crazy circumstances that leads to the unique and original romantic dynamics between the two leads.  We seem to be able to somehow become understanding of the two leads who also looked unrealistic at first but are not so any longer.  They are not silly or crazy in anything they do, and are not like people from another planet.  To that extent, the drama has been successful.  That is, in creating a context through unrealistic story lines and characters, and then placing the two realistic leads in it to go through a rather unique personal strife that leads to even a divorce, all the while when their feelings for each other were only getting strengthened.  So we are left to overlook the unrealistic behavior in everybody else and the lack of realism in the circumstances.  To enjoy the romance in this drama, we have no choice but to overlook it. 

But it is all worth it, thanks to the two leads, who have aced their roles.  The amazing ratings also show that the viewers are able to withstand the silliness, just for enjoying the romance between HyunWoo and HaeIn.  Phenomenal chemistry and incredibly well-shot scenes between them.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, maribella said:

Sometimes they kill off the OTP and expect us to rejoice that they are happy together somewhere. I am just thinking, ok? No need to get huffy with me. :hwaiting2:

Well, her Korean doctor gave her 3 months and she has lived through it so far (current timeline is already August 2023). I wouldn't put it past the writer to pull out the miracle or misdiagnosis part for the last 6 episodes. :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Hae In has not signed the "Divorce Papers" yet.  So technically and legally they are not divorced.  Still "Husband & Wife".

Thanks for that.  I was wondering about it too.  They both keep saying they are divorced, but I couldn't remember if they had both signed it and submitted it at the Government office.  Actually, even if they do that, there is still something like a 2 or 3 month waiting period mandated by the law (to make sure that it was not a hasty decision)...

• Like 2

I think Hae In will recover.   She has been taking injections to increase her White Blood Cells, so that she can qualify for the treatment in Germany.  It was these injections that gave her the Headaches.  Of course they will give us some "dramas" before she regains her health.

• Like 1

I Really Really Regret finding out about this drama…..so early….. The wait for new episodes every week is such a pain!! I told myself right from the start b4 watching Ep 1 that I’ll wait till all the episodes are out before I start. Now I tell myself that every week…every Sun evening I cry a bucket of tears in anticipation of the painful wait - hence Queen of Tears!! 

I have watched this drama till the 6th episode. I know that things have turned out to be negative for our couple right now so I will wait for things to resolve so I will start to watch again:) 

I was not a big fan of Kim Soo Hyun before but with this drama my perception has changed for him actually so I also watched It’s Ok to Not Be OK too. I think he has really progressed in acting since My Love From the Star. He is now one of my favorites. Kim Ji Won was always an actress I loved, especially in Fight For My Way. She is stunning in this drama too.

As for the drama, I like their interaction; how they loved each other once and how their feelings are developing. Yet I still cannot accept the fact that Hyun Woo was in fact happy for her terminal illness even if it was a short period of time. That just sounds brutal to me. Even if you don’t love each other anymore and considering that you were married for love not money, I don’t think someone who loved someone in the past would want her/him dead no matter what. I am a little bit sad while watching he was like that. When he first learnt that she was ill, I think it was her genuine reaction that he just decided not to divorce and told her he loved her; but the things afterwards were a frustration for me. I think Hae-In was right to be mad on that and for me it is not realistic for someone to forgive that, but since this is a drama I will pass that:)

Even if so, their lovey dovey moments are so good. I am expecting that things will be better in this week’s episode so I will start watching from where I left.

• Like 2

First post here. I checked if someone has posted this, but couldn't find anything. So I thought I'd say this. While some posters have focused on the difference between Eun Sung and Baek Hyun Woo, ep.10 actually showed the biggest difference between  Hong Hae In and Hyun Woo.

Spoilers below:

In ep.10, when BHW confronts HHI about Eun Sung visiting her and her keeping it from him she mentions something interesting. 

He says: "Is this the time for you to worry about me?" (아,뭐,지금내걱정할때야?)

She replies: "You said you didn't want to worry about me as well [on top of the other big problems you have right now](당신도내걱정까지하고싶지않다며). I as well [don't want to worry about what's going to happen to you]" (나도그래서그래)

She is referencing to their conversation from ep.9 where BHW tells her he has so many things to worry about and he wants to keep her safe just so that he has one thing less to worry about. While it sounds caring, to him keeping her safe was just another problem. It is not exactly cold. But when HHI says the same thing it comes across as cold. Only that HHI uses his own words against him and says it with a cold tone.

However, her actions towards the end of the episode showed something else. For her, his well-being WAS the only thing that she cared about. She said she didn't want to worry about him too. But instead she showed she doesn't worry about anything else. Not her family, not her company, and certainly not her very big secret. I think this alone shows HHI is still the person who makes the greatest sacrifices among the two (Not that Hyun Woo has got a chance to make a sacrifice as big as this. But the second half would cover that I hope).

Edited by Dinu M
punctuation changes + some more points.

Kim Shin Rok To Reunite With

Kim Shin Rok To Reunite With "Reborn Rich" Co-Star Kim Do Hyun Through Special Appearance In “Queen of Tears”

Kim Shin Rok and Kim Do Hyun will be reuniting!

On April 12, Sports Chosun reported that Kim Shin Rok will make an appearance in tvN’s “Queen of Tears,” one of the most buzzworthy dramas currently on air.

In response to the report, the actress’s agency Just Entertainment confirmed the news, saying, “Kim Shin Rok will make a special appearance in ‘Queen of Tears’.”

The news is especially exciting as it will mark Kim Shin Rok and Kim Do Hyun’s reunion following their previous JTBC drama “Reborn Rich,” where they portrayed a married couple.

Regarding what role she will play in the drama, the agency avoided disclosing the inforamtion by stating, “Please confirm the specific details through the broadcast.”

“Queen of Tears” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654620wpp/kim-shin-rok-to-reunite-with-reborn-rich-co-star-kim-do-hyun-through-special-appearance-in-queen-of-tears

• Like 1

Spoiler

Kim Soo Hyun And Park Sung Hoon Get Into A Fistfight On

Kim Soo Hyun And Park Sung Hoon Get Into A Fistfight On "Queen Of Tears"

Kim Soo Hyun is about to lose his cool on “Queen of Tears”!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Spoilers

Previously on “Queen of Tears,” Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) began preparing to fight back against Yoon Eun Sung (Park Sung Hoon), who put both Hong Hae In (Kim Ji Won) and Queens Group in danger through his greedy scheming.

In suspenseful new stills from the drama’s next episode, a furious Baek Hyun Woo grabs Yoon Eun Sung by the collar and appears to be on the verge of throwing a punch at him. Up until now, Baek Hyun Woo has always managed to maintain his composure around Yoon Eun Sung, even when the other man made efforts to rile him up.

This time, however, Baek Hyun Woo is unable to contain his rage as he angrily launches himself at Yoon Eun Sung. As the battle of nerves between the two men explodes into a physical fight, Yoon Eun Sung glares fiercely back at Baek Hyun Woo even when he is being backed up into a corner.

Kim-Soo-Hyun-4.jpegPark-Sung-Hoon-1.jpegKim-Soo-Hyun-Park-Sung-Hoon.jpeg

To find out what happens between the two men—and whether Baek Hyun Woo will manage to keep Yoon Eun Sung away from Hong Hae In—catch the next episode of “Queen of Tears” on April 13 at 9:20 p.m.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654649wpp/kim-soo-hyun-and-park-sung-hoon-get-into-a-fistfight-on-queen-of-tears

• Like 1

It’s been many shows I have watched since the ML cried so much. In those days of Stairways to Heaven, Winter Sonata, it was quite a bit. It had startled me being new to kdrama then. 

HW is quite good at it. Although I like the funny moments better. His friends while loyal to him were very pragmatic people. His divorce lawyer didn’t have a chance against Vincenzo. I didn’t watch that show so was rather taken aback to see Korean Mafia but referencing Italy.

Ep 11 will probably focus on the mother wailing and regretting how badly she had treated HI.

• Like 2

1) Just watch Ep 11.  As expected there were a lot of tender moments.

- Between the 2 leads.  She told him what needs to be told.  That she has always loved him, right from the very first moment they met.

- Among the family members. As we all have foreseen, Hae In now has a normal family who love one another.  And acts in unison.

2) Hae In's family kept asking her about her White Blood Cells.  She just lacks 1,000 more.  So I guess she will be Saved eventually.

3) Mo Seul Hee & Hae In's aunt get to the Chairman together.  The Chairman is "Still Out".  I wonder if he is pretending.  Nevertheless, I hope he recovers his Full Memory soon.

4) It is Classy.  The way Hyun Woo's lawyer-friends defended his case.  That is why we need Friends who are lawyers. :lol:

5) It ends with a Cliff-hanger.  Hae In lost her memory and went with Eun Sang into his car.  Hyun Woo has to give "Chase".

6) And of course, the Race for the "Slush Fund" is on.

7) I don't like the arc of having the wife of Hae In's brother reconciling with him.  Too easy for her.

One thing I do not like about K-Dramas is the "Over-Acting".  Especially the supporting casts.  The sidekicks who are supposed to provide some comical reliefs.  They tend to "Over-Act".

Here I don't like Hae In's Aunt.  No doubt she is a nice lady.  But I find her "Over-Acting" irritating.  The same goes for Hae In's younger brother.

Overall, it looks Optimistic for the "Queens" family.  They should regain the Ownership of "Queens" soon.

As for Mo Seul Hee, she is a Criminal living under a Fake Name.  All Hyun Woo needs to do is to prove that.  And everything she has will be rendered "Invalid".

I am looking forward to Ep 12.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1