[Drama 2023] Call It Love/Tell Me It`s Love, 사랑이라 말해요

larus

Watch: Lee Sung Kyung Approaches Kim Young Kwang For Revenge In “Call It Love” Teaser

Feb 8, 2023
by S. Kim

Upcoming Disney+ original series “Call It Love” has unveiled its main poster and teaser!

“Call It Love” depicts the sentimental romance story between two people who never should have met. Lee Sung Kyung stars as Shim Woo Joo, a woman who bravely takes on revenge which does not really suit her innate personality, while Kim Young Kwang portrays Han Dong Jin, a man who is too pitiful to be the target of her vengeance. The drama also stars Sung JoonHani, and Kim Ye Won.

The main poster captures Han Dong Jin and Shim Woo Joo who gaze at each other with teary eyes. Despite the romantic atmosphere, the text that reads, “What I want is your misfortune,” raises viewers’ curiosity about the relationship between the two which starts off with vengeance.

call-it-love_poster.jpeg

The main teaser, which was released along with the poster, kicks off with Shim Woo Joo saying vicious words at Han Dong Jin’s mother as she tries hard to suppress her emotions. Shim Woo Joo says, “You look very well. Like a person who forgot all about the past and lives lounging with their feet up,” stimulating viewers’ curiosity as to what kind of story is hidden behind them.

The clip also previews Shim Woo Joo seeking revenge after being kicked out of her house where she lived for 20 years. But she starts to feel subtle emotions toward Dong Jin, who she purposely approaches for revenge.

On top of this, Woo Joo’s best friend Yoon Joon (Sung Joon), Dong Jin’s ex-girlfriend Min Young (Hani), who left him with an invitation to her own wedding, as well as Woo Joo’s elder sister Hye Sung (Kim Ye Won), who is more honest about her feelings than anyone else, add to the anticipation and excitement for their unpredictable love story.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565822wpp/watch-lee-sung-kyung-approaches-kim-young-kwang-for-revenge-in-call-it-love-teaser

• Like 2

Yeon Je-hyung, first return after being discharged with 'Say it's love' [Official Position]

image_readtop_2023_112089_16758332425345

Actor Yeon Je-hyung confirmed his appearance in 'Say It's Love' as his first drama comeback after being discharged.

On the 7th, the agency Big Boss Entertainment announced, "Actor Yeon Je-hyung will appear in Disney+'s new original series 'Say It's Love'."

Disney+'s original series 'Say It's Love' is an emotional romance between a woman Woo-joo (Lee Sung-kyung) who bravely jumped into revenge and a man Dong-jin (Kim Young-kwang) who became the target of revenge, and two men and women who should never have met.

Yeon Je-hyung, who returned from his military service last year and returned to Disney+'s original series 'Say It's Love', played the role of Kang-goon, Kim Young-kwang's junior in the play. He plans to revitalize the play as a reliable junior who comforts and cheers Kim Young-kwang.

Yeon Je-hyung has been working hard with warm visuals, physicality, and stable acting through the dramas 'Dumb Po Girls', 'Mr. He captured the hearts of viewers in the home theater by showing his growth while building up.

Yeon Je-hyung said, "I joined 'Say It's Love' as my first drama comeback work after being discharged. It is an honor to be able to appear in one work while breathing together with the director, writer, and senior actors he respects. In addition to 'Say It's Love', which will be released on February 22, please give lots of love to Kang-goon's character. He expressed his strong determination, saying, "I will do my best to become an actor who can always show a good image."

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/02/112089/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

6 Of Lee Sung Kyung’s K-Dramas That Showcase Her Versatility As An Actress

Feb 10, 2023

Lee Sung Kyung is effortless, has impeccable comedic timing, and is a complete natural on screen. As a model, singer, and actress, Lee Sung Kyung has not restricted herself to specific genres or characters. From playing the tomboyish weightlifter, the super efficient publicity agent, or the anxious surgeon, the many facets of her onscreen personality are proof of her versatility.

In her upcoming drama “Call It Love,” Lee Sung Kyung is set to attempt something different: revenge! She plays Shim Woo Joo, whose troubles start after her father starts dating a woman whom she dislikes. Soon after her father’s death, Woo Joo is thrown out from her home by her father’s mistress. Hot on revenge, Woo Joo tries to get close to the mistress’s son Hang Dong Jin (Kim Young Kwang). However, Woo Joo’s best laid plans go awry when she starts warming up toward Dong Jin.

Call-It-Love.jpg

As we wait for “Call It Love,” let’s rewind back to some dramas which showcase this amazing actress’s range on screen.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565399wpp/6-of-lee-sung-kyungs-k-dramas-that-showcase-her-versatility-as-an-actress

• Like 2

Kim Young Kwang, Lee Sung Kyung, Sung Joon, And More Tease Their Complicated Feelings In “Call It Love” Character Posters

Kim Young Kwang, Lee Sung Kyung, Sung Joon, And More Tease Their Complicated Feelings In “Call It Love” Character Posters

“Call It Love” has released posters for its five main characters!

Disney+’s upcoming series “Call It Love” depicts the sentimental romance story between two people who never should have met. Lee Sung Kyung stars as Shim Woo Joo, a woman who bravely takes on revenge which does not really suit her innate personality, while Kim Young Kwang portrays Han Dong Jin, a man who is too pitiful to be the target of her vengeance. The drama also stars Sung Joon, Hani, and Kim Ye Won.

First up is Kim Young Kwang as Han Dong Jin, the “perfect” CEO of Choisun Exhibition who has enviable looks and skill. While he doesn’t appear to need anything more in life, Han Dong Jin is actually hiding his true feelings of loneliness. When he meets Shim Woo Joo, he starts experiencing deep and unidentifiable emotions. His poster reads, “I have no interest in others’ misfortunes. Because I’m unhappy.”

Kim-Young-Kwang.jpg

In her role as Shim Woo Joo, Lee Sung Kyung will portray a completely different image from her past bright and expressive characters. With the goal of revenge, Shim Woo Joo makes her way into Han Dong Jin’s life, but things don’t go to plan when she accidentally finds her herself falling for him. Her determination to get revenge is still evident in her poster, which reads, “I hope you are unhappy. As much as me.”

Lee-Sung-Kyung-1.jpg

Sung Joon portrays the warmhearted Yoon Joon, a close friend of Shim Woo Joo who is always there for her family. However, it’s clear that he has feelings for Woo Joo as he comments, “I want to be more than friends.”

Spoiler

Sung-Joon.jpg

Hani will play Kang Min Young, Han Dong Jin’s ex-lover. After their painful breakup, Kang Min Young is left heartbroken and with numerous regrets. She asks, “Can’t we start over?”

Spoiler

Hani.jpg

Kim Ye Won takes on the role of Shim Hye Sung, the adorably lovable older sister of Shim Woo Joo. As Shim Hye Sung, Kim Ye Won will showcase realistic and relatable acting as she aims to be honest and always do her best in the face of love. Her poster boldly states, “This kind of opportunity doesn’t come again.”

Spoiler

Kim-Ye-Won.jpg

“Call It Love” will premiere on February 22. Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1567106wpp/kim-young-kwang-lee-sung-kyung-sung-joon-and-more-tease-their-complicated-feelings-in-call-it-love-character-posters

• Like 1

NEW EVENT:

My Corner of Soompi: Vote for your faviourite pancake toppings and celebrate the International Pancake Day on 21st February, 2023. :eats:

Let us know what's happening in your corner of Soompi. :heartxoxo:

re: Your favourite neighbourhood EO Team: :coolshades:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

Lee Sung Kyung And Kim Young Kwang On Working Together For “Call It Love” + What They Think True Love Is'

Lee Sung Kyung And Kim Young Kwang On Working Together For “Call It Love” + What They Think True Love Is

In a recent pictorial and interview for Elle Korea magazine, Lee Sung Kyung and Kim Young Kwang dished on their new drama “Call It Love”!

“Call It Love” is a Disney+ series about the love story between Shim Woo Joo, a woman seeking revenge even though it doesn’t quite suit her personality (played by Lee Sung Kyung), and Han Dong Jin, the pitiful target of her vengeance (played by Kim Young Kwang).

When asked about their characters, Kim Young Kwang described Han Dong Jin by saying, “Amongst people who are desperate to quickly express their feelings, he’s someone who doesn’t know how to express his emotions, and he doesn’t have any particular desire to reveal himself [or his feelings].”

Meanwhile, Lee Sung Kyung recalled, “When I was reading the script, I was drawn to Woo Joo’s bold and honest dialogue, but as I looked deeper into her, she was a clumsy and inexpert woman who didn’t have an ounce of vengeance in her DNA. I found those kinds of changes interesting.”

Kim-Young-Kwang-Lee-Sung-Kyung.jpg

As for what each of them thought about the casting of their co-star, Kim Young Kwang shared, “Sung Kyung was just the epitome of Shim Woo Joo herself. She’s an actress who’s admirable in the way she flexibly makes decisions and finds her focus even on a hectic filming set.”

Lee Sung Kyung similarly commented, “[Young Kwang] has a melancholy vibe that’s similar to the Dong Jin I’d imagined in my head. It really felt like I was meeting the actual character from the script. He’s someone from whom I had a lot to learn in terms of the way he was constantly thinking about [how to act out] every single scene.”

Lee-Sung-Kyung-Kim-Young-Kwang-3.jpg

When asked to name each other’s strengths in terms of acting in a romance, Lee Sung Kyung replied without hesitation, “His face when he smiles brightly.”

Kim Young Kwang answered, “If I had to make a comparison, she has a cute side that’s just like a puppy.”

Spoiler

Lee-Sung-Kyung-Kim-Young-Kwang-2.jpg

Finally, the two actors shared their thoughts on the definition of true love.

Reflecting on what true love is, Kim Young Kwang remarked, “Continuously gazing at the other person. The feeling of not wanting to miss a single second, not being able to take your eyes off that person, and always wanting to be together with them.”

Meanwhile, Lee Sung Kyung noted, “You can smile and be happy together with anyone when things are going well, but I think it’s real love when your heart aches for someone when they’re going through a difficult time or when they disappear.”

Spoiler

Kim-Young-Kwang-1.jpg

Lee-Sung-Kyung-2.jpg

Lee Sung Kyung and Kim Young Kwang’s full interview and pictorial can be found in the March issue of Elle Korea magazine.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1568555wpp/lee-sung-kyung-and-kim-young-kwang-on-working-together-for-call-it-love-what-they-think-true-love-is

• Like 2

Call It Love: Episodes 3-4

by Dramaddictally

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/CallItLove3-4_1.jpg

Secrets, red herrings, backstabbing, and a whole lot of loneliness run through our show this week. Yet, in the midst of it all, our leads are already sensing the stirring of feelings. While our out-for-justice heroine tries to toughen up our meek hero, it looks like he’s got a thing or two to teach her about toning it down as well.

EPISODES 3-4

The big theme this week is loneliness and we get lots of snapshots of how it manifests in the lives of both our leads. Luckily, we’re also getting glimpses into how these two might just turn that around for each other.

After learning so much about our heroine last week, we spend some quality time getting to know our withholding hero. We learn that Dong-jin feels betrayed by his mother, as he watched her go through three marriages (after his father), each time wishing it would be the last.

We also get the story about Dong-jin’s relationship with his ex-girlfriend, whom he dated for seven years, and the terrible way that went down: she cheated on him for a year (and he knew about it) and then dumped him one month before she planned to marry someone else. (And the worst part of that news is that she’s showed up again and we are going to have to deal with her as a character. But we’ll get to that.)

We see Dong-jin think back to the day his ex-girlfriend broke up with him. They were camping (his favorite hobby) and she told him she was leaving for the U.S., where she’d get married. (Oof. And there went that hobby.) He replies, “Why are you doing this to me? I let it slide for you. I pretended not to know for you. You shouldn’t have done this to me.” And we get to see not only the crack that’s about to form in his life, but also the foundation of his personality, which is that he holds himself back.

Dong-jin’s restrained manner — in opposition to Woo-joo’s bluntness — is at the center of the interactions between our leads this week. Last time, we ended with Woo-joo knocking a man to the ground when he ran up on Dong-jin as if he were about to hit him. Dong-jin immediately goes googly eyed for Woo-joo. But she tells Dong-jin he’s not being nice by just standing there ready to take a punch — he’s being stupid. And this is a conversation that repeats.

The two end up with lots of time to argue about their worldviews when Woo-joo decides to accept the offer to come back to work at Best Fairs. It’s pretty clear (to us, not to Woo-joo) that Dong-jin already likes her. One day he sees her going to lunch at a nearby restaurant and follows her inside. Woo-joo is standoffish and doesn’t want to talk but Dong-jin starts letting down his bounds, even confiding that his girlfriend cheated for a year and he didn’t say anything. Woo-joo shuts it down, saying, “I’m not interested in other people’s misery.”

But when they walk out of the restaurant together, she plucks him out of the way of an oncoming bike (in a lovely little reversal that fits their characters so well). As it happens, Hye-sung is there to witness Woo-joo’s unexpected rescue move, and gets overly excited about the prospect of her sister dating. (She calls Dong-jin “Neil Armstrong: the first man to ever woo the moon” haha).

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/03/call-it-love-episodes-3-4/

• Like 3

I'm watching!  I'm almost done with ep 4.  It's slow moving, but that doesn't bother me.  KYK is doing a great body using his body to portray loneliness and despair.  I think one day he might explode from keeping his emotions bottled up.  Why is his ex back?:rage:  Does she now want him back after she badly hurt him?  

• Like 5

I binge-watched all 6 episodes and I am loving this drama. So much to take. It's so sad and yet engaging. All I want is for them to be happy and smiling. His mother and ex can go to hell! I thought Sung Joon was the best-friend-who-loves-her-secretly but looks like he is interested/into the eldest sister. They would make a great couple.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Cosmo-Girl said:

I binge-watched all 6 episodes and I am loving this drama. So much to take. It's so sad and yet engaging. All I want is for them to be happy and smiling. His mother and ex can go to hell! I thought Sung Joon was the best-friend-who-loves-her-secretly but looks like he is interested/into the eldest sister. They would make a great couple.

I thought so too! I am hyped to know Sungjoon's character seems interested with the eldest sister. I am hyped for this second lead couple too much

• Like 5