[Drama 2023] Call It Love/Tell Me It`s Love, 사랑이라 말해요

larus

Spoiler

Lee Sung Kyung And Kim Young Kwang Are Firm About Their Love Despite Obstacles In “Call It Love”

Lee Sung Kyung And Kim Young Kwang Are Firm About Their Love Despite Obstacles In “Call It Love”

“Call It Love” has shared a sneak peek of the blossoming relationship between Lee Sung Kyung and Kim Young Kwang!

Disney+’s “Call It Love” depicts the sentimental romance story between two people who never should have met. Lee Sung Kyung stars as Shim Woo Joo, a woman who bravely takes on revenge which does not really suit her innate personality, while Kim Young Kwang portrays Han Dong Jin, a man who is too pitiful to be the target of her vengeance. The drama also stars Sung JoonHani, and Kim Ye Won.

Spoilers

Previously in “Call It Love,” Shim Woo Joo and Han Dong Jin confirmed their feelings for each other. Upon hearing the news of Woo Joo’s accident, Dong Jin ran to the hospital and expressed his feelings which he had been ignoring and suppressing. The two went on their first camping trip together, and there, Dong Jin brushed off his hurtful memories about his ex-girlfriend Kang Min Young (Hani) and developed new happy memories with Woo Joo. However, a red flag was raised in their relationship as Woo Joo met her mother (Kim Hee Jung) who suddenly came to Seoul and reminded Woo Joo that Dong Jin is the son of Ma Hee Ja (Nam Ki Ae) who left an indelible wound on her family.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills captured the romantic atmosphere between Shim Woo Joo and Han Dong Jin. Woo Joo and Dong Jin gaze endearingly into each other at a close distance and are about to kiss. Viewers are curious to find out how the two will overcome their wounds from the past and protect their love despite the obstacles.

call-it-love-%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC%EB%B3%B8

call-it-love.jpeg

call-it-love-%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC%EB%B3%B8

Episodes 11 and 12 of “Call It Love” will be unveiled on March 29 through Disney +.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1575936wpp/lee-sung-kyung-and-kim-young-kwang-are-firm-about-their-love-despite-obstacles-in-call-it-love

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] Call It Love/Tell Me It`s Love, 사랑이라 말해요- Lee Sung Kyung & Kim Young Kwang

Just when it looked like older sister and Jun were finally going to be taking the slow road to a relationship we get "that look" from Jun when he see's Woo Joo & Dong Jin together ...

:headbang: 

Don't do it Writer/PD-nim ... just don't do it.

Another thing not to do ... Dong Jin knows about Woo Jin and the house already, so he's more than likely at least thought about the revenge angle - they did think she was the spy for awhile - so while this may be great angst for Woo Jin and us the audience ( and it is )  this can't be any real sort of "end it" crisis - It would be so out of Dong Jins character if he went overboard about it ... yes, even after his speech about previously being betrayed. 

Oh and I think Mom knows exactly who Dong Jin is already -

I really REALLY wish this drama had previews ...

Memes - NINJA ACADEMY

• Like 2

Call It Love: Episodes 11-12

by Dramaddictally

Our heroine is in a bind. Caught between duty to her family, a life-changing love, and the guilt of her small acts of revenge, she bides her time through more lies of omission. But now that Mom is in town, the pressure is rising and it won’t be long before the truth comes spewing out. In the interim, our ever-likable leading lady decides to follow her heart — right to the doorstep of our hero.

EPISODES 11-12

They did it! Is it too petty to start with that information? The thing is, it’s a big milestone for our leads to feel so close to each other. And when they finally get around to kissing (etc.!), all that emotional closeness gets captured on camera. The eleven episodes of buildup did their job, making for a super hot impactful scene.

Surrounding this lovely moment (which I swear I only watched four or five times), the episodes are chock full of reasons why Dong-jin should be named boyfriend of the year — from showing up with a surprise birthday cake for Woo-joo to not caring if everyone at the office knows they’re a couple. And Miss Woo-joo is the epitome of adorable herself, texting Dong-jin to let him know she won’t be at work… in case he gets worried. These two have entered top-OTP-of-all-time territory.

A lot of events this week revolve around Mom, also known as KIM HYUN-JOO (Kim Hee-jung). When she appeared at the close of last week’s episodes, I got very nervous watching the Shim siblings cower in front of her. Just how scary was she going to be? One thing this drama does well (out of many) is that it knows how to set up expectations and then demolish them.

So far, Hyun-joo hasn’t presented much of an obstacle at all. In fact, I’ve only known her for about two hours but I like her already — a lot, actually. The kids lay one piece of disappointing news in front of her after another, but once she’s had time to be upset and process it, she comes back clear and wise. And she knows her kids, especially Woo-joo, very well.

Hyun-joo is staying at Joon’s house with the rest of the family and Woo-joo opens up to her quite a bit more than I expected. She tells her mom that Hee-ja is living in their old house, and then confides in her about what she did at her father’s funeral. She thought she’d get a funny story out of it, but since that day she’s had a heavy heart and feels sorry. Both women cry — and Lee Sung-kyung gives a knock-out performance, restrainedly breaking down before our eyes.

Woo-joo takes Mom to see Ji-gu at the noraebang where he works. Immediately, Ji-gu hauls Woo-joo to a private room and warns her that Dong-jin is there with the aforementioned birthday cake. He knows that Dong-jin and Hyun-joo shouldn’t meet — because of Dong-jin’s mom.

Woo-joo gets nervous at first, but Ji-gu is not entirely correct in what he knows. He remembers that Dong-jin’s mom was a friend of their mother’s, but he thinks the two moms fought over money a long time ago and that’s why they’re not friends anymore. He doesn’t get that Dong-jin’s mom is the woman their dad left them for.

When they come out of the room, it’s too late. Dong-jin and Hyun-joo are sitting together, happily chatting away. Hyun-joo has already fallen for Dong-jin (because, who wouldn’t?) and sends him and Woo-joo off for birthday celebrations while she and Ji-gu go home. She tells Ji-gu that Dong-jin seems like such a decent guy, which is rare to find.

Woo-joo and Dong-jin go for dinner, where Woo-joo learns that Dong-jin likes Hyun-joo as much as she likes him. He says Hyun-joo was down to earth and didn’t ask the profiling, judgmental questions that most moms would. Instead, she just wanted to know: “What do you like about my cold daughter?” She continued by saying that Woo-joo acts cold out of fear because she’s actually so warm-hearted that when she cares about someone, she pours her whole heart into them. Dong-jin replied that he likes Woo-joo because she’s not so sweet — and says he liked her first. (He wins all the points.)

On the night that Woo-joo goes to Dong-jin’s apartment to “collect Ji-gu’s things” (a.k.a., to sleep over), Dong-jin opens up about his mom. “My mother is my weakness,” he says. “A weakness I want to hide.” Because of that, he tried to be nice to everyone, but he often got used in the process. He’s telling Woo-joo this so he doesn’t make the same mistake he made with Min-young — he wants it to work this time. Woo-joo, for better or worse, does not use this as an opportunity to tell the truth about who she is or how she knows his mother.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/call-it-love-episodes-11-12/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (April 1, 2023)

by DB Staff

DaebakGrits

Call It Love: After setting this one aside for a little bit (too many dramas, not enough time), I finally binged and caught up, and OMG! Why is this story so good? It’s absolutely killing me, though, that Woo-joo hasn’t told Dong-jin about their connection through his mom, and I’m scared of what will happen when she does. I hope he handles the news well. Maybe he will actually be relieved that she fell in love with him in spite of his mother, which has to provide him with some sense of comfort after a history of having his mother drive away the people in his life. Meanwhile, I also wasn’t expecting to feel personally called out by this show, but I totally understood the awkwardness Hye-sung felt dining alone. For different reasons, of course, but why is solo dining so intimidating?

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-april-1-2023/

• Like 4

I'm glad that we found out why Min young left Dong jin.  It didn't make sense that she seemed to care for him then left.  But then again, Min young had an affair for a year, right?  Dong jin's mother is a piece of work, isn't she?  I wonder, though, if Dong jin can give up his mother for any woman?  After all, she's still his mother.  

I'm probably in the minority hoping Jun and the sister don't hook up. I prefer Jun to be a friend to the Sim siblings.  

• Like 2

Can't believe this drama ends next week! What will I look forward to on Wednesdays until then LoL!?

Am glad that everything is finally out in the open now. PheW for a moment I was convinced everyone knew - but nope I was wrong LoL.

Thankfully Dong Jin is a decent person and is tryin' hard to right all the wrongs his terrible , terrible mom (don't think she even deserves to be called a mom!) has done toward the Shim family..

I just hope that it's a fulfilling , happy finale at least for our long suffering otp LoL. Lord knows these 2 have been through so much.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Lee Sung Kyung Talks About Difficulties Of Her “Call It Love” Character And Dating Rumors With Co-Star Kim Young Kwang

Lee Sung Kyung Talks About Difficulties Of Her “Call It Love” Character And Dating Rumors With Co-Star Kim Young Kwang

Lee Sung Kyung has talked about her latest drama “Call It Love” in a new interview!

Disney+’s “Call It Love” depicts the sentimental romance story between two people who never should have met. Lee Sung Kyung stars as Shim Woo Joo, a woman who bravely takes on revenge which does not really suit her innate personality, while Kim Young Kwang portrays Han Dong Jin, a man who is too pitiful to be the target of her vengeance. The drama also stars Sung JoonHani, and Kim Ye Won.

On April 10, Lee Sung Kyung met with SPOTV News for an interview about the series. On her chemistry with co-star Kim Young Kwang, Lee Sung Kyung remarked, “As we’ve been close since we were young, the mood was mischievous. But since we’re not like that in the drama, Kim Young Kwang said that he avoided me a lot at the start in order to focus.”

She continued, “Jokes come out first when I see him so I try to hold back, I don’t follow him if he’s avoiding me, and I worked really hard to focus on my character and the set. Since Woo Joo and Dong Jin carefully take the realistic path of slowly approaching one another, rather than act out heart-fluttering, cheesy scenes, I was able to act while focusing well on the situation, which is a relief.”

Lee-Sung-Kyung-1.jpegLee-Sung-Kyung-2.jpeg

Given their sweet chemistry, people naturally began wondering whether Lee Sung Kyung and Kim Young Kwang were dating in real life. Lee Sung Kyung responded to these rumors saying, “Ever since the director started editing parts one and two, she told us ‘There are all kinds of misunderstandings in the editing room, saying your gazes are suspicious,’ but I think it was on purpose. But [the suspicions] are possible because the director was only looking at Han Dong Jin and Shim Woo Joo, rather than our original selves. She made the project well for others to be able to feel like that and the actors were able to feel strength from those reactions to film even better.”

After starring mostly in rom-coms, Lee Sung Kyung took on a new challenge in “Call It Love” as Shim Woo Joo, who develops an intense revenge plan.

She commented, “At first, I felt so down and was struggling to the point where I thought, ‘Let’s just endure until it ends.’ I couldn’t sleep at the beginning and even reached my lowest weight.”

The actress elaborated, “Since I appear aloof, I usually try really hard to approach others first, but this time I just shared greetings and tried to focus wholeheartedly on Woo Joo and myself.”

Lee-Sung-Kyung-3.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Sung-Kyung-4.jpg

Thankfully, Lee Sung Kyung was able to overcome this hurdle, of which she shared, “Although people see a lot of my bright and happy image, I can’t always be like that. My image didn’t look all that different from Woo Joo and I thought of her as one side of me. At first, I was scared as I wondered, ‘How can I endure months in this state?’ but I’ve adjusted a lot. I even joke around on set.”

“Call It Love” premiered on Disney+ earlier this year. Later this month, Lee Sung Kyung will reprise her role in Season 3 of “Dr. Romantic.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579127wpp/lee-sung-kyung-talks-about-difficulties-of-her-call-it-love-character-and-dating-rumors-with-co-star-kim-young-kwang

• Like 2

Spoiler

Kim Young Kwang Teases Ending Of “Call It Love,” Shares Praise For Close Friend And Co-Star Lee Sung Kyung, And More

Kim Young Kwang Teases Ending Of “Call It Love,” Shares Praise For Close Friend And Co-Star Lee Sung Kyung, And More

Kim Young Kwang has shared his thoughts on starring in romance drama “Call It Love” with his close friend Lee Sung Kyung!

On April 10, Kim Young Kwang participated in an interview with STARNEWS to discuss the Disney+ series “Call It Love,” which airs its final episodes later this week.

“Call It Love” depicts the sentimental romance story between two people who never should have met. Lee Sung Kyung stars as Shim Woo Joo, a woman who bravely takes on revenge which does not really suit her innate personality, while Kim Young Kwang portrays Han Dong Jin, a man who is too pitiful to be the target of her vengeance. The drama also stars Sung JoonHani, and Kim Ye Won.

Ahead of the drama’s conclusion, Kim Young Kwang thanked viewers for tuning in and teased, “The director is someone who quite likes happy endings. The actors also asked a lot about the ending, but it’s not a bad ending.”

Kim-Young-Kwang-1.jpeg

“Call It Love” marked the first acting project with Kim Young Kwang and Lee Sung Kyung, who are good friends in real life. The actor commented, “Before this, there was a time we were going to film a movie together but it fell through. After that, we kept in contact and often said ‘We have to work on a project together.’ Since she’s a friend I’ve known since our model days, I felt incredibly comfortable.”

Although Lee Sung Kyung previously revealed that Kim Young Kwang had to avoid her on set in order to stay in character because they were joking around so much, Kim Young Kwang explained that immersing into their emotional acting was not that hard. He elaborated, “Once time went by and I had a lot of Dong Jin’s feelings, I felt really touched watching Lee Sung Kyung’s mature acting to the point where I thought, ‘I can’t believe someone like this is by my side, comforting me.’ I thought that she was someone with excellent emotions and acting.”

Earlier this week, Kim Young Kwang uploaded adorable photo booth pictures with Lee Sung Kyung on Instagram. Their impeccable chemistry had fans thinking they were a real-life couple but Kim Young Kwang revealed that he wasn’t even aware of the excited responses to the photos. He added, “We gifted [the photos] as a means to say ‘Thank you’ to viewers.'”

Kim-Young-Kwang-2.jpegKim-Young-Kwang-3.jpeg

Kim Young Kwang elaborated that he typically doesn’t have time to look at viewers’ reactions to his work but he focuses heavily on the feedback he discusses on set with his colleagues. He explained, “To me, the director’s feedback is the most important. If the director says ‘I think this is good’ or likes my ideas and our teamwork goes well, I’m happy.”

The actor shared of “Call It Love,” “It’s a drama that tells you about all the different kinds of love. I hope you watch with the thought of ‘kinds of love that are different from my own exist too.'”

Regarding his character Dong Jin, Kim Young Kwang commented, “After acting out Dong Jin having a hard time and being exhausted at the beginning, I also got a lot of comfort from seeing him gradually get comforted.”

Kim Young Kwang’s next role will be portraying a villain in ENA’s new drama “Evil Biography” (literal translation) with Shin Ha Kyun, which is a completely different genre from “Call It Love.” Last November, Kim Young Kwang also impressed in Netflix’s “Somebody,” a mystery crime drama. The actor described how fun it is to tackle a wide variety of genres and revealed that his desire to appear in a lot of projects is what drives him to work so hard.

Spoiler

Kim-Young-Kwang-4.jpeg

To conclude, Kim Young Kwang commented to “Call It Love” viewers, “Thank you to those who have been watching the drama with us all this time. I hope you watch well up until the last episode. If there’s someone you know who has yet to watch, please talk to them [to recommend the drama].”

The final episodes of “Call It Love” will be released on April 12.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579190wpp/kim-young-kwang-teases-ending-of-call-it-love-shares-praise-for-close-friend-and-co-star-lee-sung-kyung-and-more

• Like 2

Call It Love: Episodes 13-14

by Dramaddictally

It all comes crashing down this week, landing right on top of our leads. We’ve watched them progress from loneliness, to longing, to love — but now the fates are forcing them back to phase one again.

EPISODES 13-14

I’m wrecked. Is everyone ready to rehash what we’ve just been through? I hope you’re close to a big box of tissues, and maybe a hand to hold.

We start with a fast fall from approval when Woo-joo’s family finds out Dong-jin is Hee-ja’s son. The downward spiral begins as soon as they leave last week’s happy meeting at the noraebang. Dong-jin departs, but later Woo-joo goes to meet him, and Joon shoots a disapproving look. Hye-sung — perceptive as always — wants to know what’s wrong.

Joon admits there’s a problem but doesn’t say what it is. He calls Woo-joo to come sort things out, as Hye-sung dreams up reasons that Dong-jin is off limits. She settles on the idea that he’s married, and before Woo-joo says a word, Hye-sung belts her across the face and goes on a diatribe about how awful it is to have an affair. We were primed to know Hye-sung has a lot of shame around this issue, but I was not expecting this from her.

Woo-joo apologizes, without setting the record straight, but Joon steps in (after far too long) and tells Hye-sung the truth: Dong-jin is the son of “that woman.” Woo-joo got a job at the company to take revenge, but things turned out differently. Personally, I was moved by his parsimony, but Hye-sung is appalled. Woo-joo looks at the ground and cries, apologizing over and over, and Hye-sung leaves looking disgusted.

The camera stays on Woo-joo sobbing for an uncomfortably long time and I just want Joon to hug her. But instead, he follows Hye-sung and tries to explain his part in the whole mess. He’s always felt bad for the stoic life that Woo-joo has led, and liking Dong-jin was tougher on her than anyone. He trusted that she’d end it. What could he do? (I knew Joon was tough on Woo-joo out of love and real concern, but I felt relieved to hear all of this said out loud.) Hye-sung is not trying to hear any of it, though, and we later learn that the root of her issue is jealousy. She’s hurt that Joon kept a secret from her that he shared with Woo-joo.

After Hye-sung knows the truth, she gathers her mother and brother to let them in on the secret too. Ji-gu flips out but Mom is harder to read. She thinks about Woo-joo saying that Dong-jin had suffered as much as they had, and she seems to understand Woo-joo’s feelings — but that doesn’t stop her from disapproving. One thing that eased my mind during the conversation is that they all understand that Dong-jin did not know their connection to his mother either.

Before Dong-jin finds out that connection, Sun-woo briefs him on the other secret: Woo-joo played a role in trying to ruin their company. Right away, it’s clear that Dong-jin understands there must be a good reason and he sets out to look for Woo-joo. As he does, Woo-joo learns that all her secrets are out of the bag and she shuts off her phone and hides out for a little while.

Dong-jin doesn’t find Woo-joo at any of their usual hangouts, so when she finally calls, he’s worried about her and gently asks where she is. Woo-joo thinks it’s the wrong question and says he should be asking about how she lied and manipulated him. He cuts her off and responds in the only way I could imagine from Dong-jin: he knows she’s not that kind of person — and it happened before they were seeing each other. “It wasn’t something major that you lied about. And I’m okay with it. It’s all good. Nothing changes.”

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/call-it-love-episodes-13-14/

Call It Love: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by Dramaddictally

It’s over! And there’s only one acceptable thing to do: use your weekend to binge it all from the beginning. We’re sending our siblings off into the sunset, with all the love, healing, and family they’ve found along the way. And while sometimes big growth means ending up in a distant place, the drama reminds us that it can also lead you somewhere even better: right back where you started.

EPISODES 15-16

The dreaded time jump! Why did they take this masterpiece and tack that ending on there? We had 30 extra minutes for some Episode 12-esque sparks between our leads and I’m disappointed to say we did not get anything even close. There’s one kiss (one!) and it’s between Joon and Hye-sung. Yes, that needed to happen and I give an A+ for getting these two together and ready to make a happy home. But Woo-joo and Dong-jin deserved some blissful feels — and, frankly, so did we.

There were no real surprises in these episodes and things went mostly just the way I thought they would — and I mean that as high praise. The drama was true to its characters, never backing down on what it set up, and it took the story to its logical, happy conclusion (minus the one-year hiatus). While I wasn’t psyched on the loss of momentum at the end, overall, this drama warrants a stream of accolades, from writing, directing, and cinematography to set design and ensemble cast. When it comes time to award the beans this year, I can already tell you which jar mine are going into.

We start our story where we left off last week: Woo-joo on the phone with her mom and Dong-jin off to the side, listening to all of Woo-joo’s kind words about him. He’s there to help her get her house back, and she’s saying she’ll give up the house for him. It’s such a beautiful moment, it almost hurts the eyes.

Dong-jin convinces Woo-joo to take her father’s will and use it to reclaim the house. He’ll be happy when she’s back in her home, so she shouldn’t worry about him in the process. He walks her to her door and they say a sad, painful goodbye — no hugs included.

When Woo-joo shows the will to her siblings, Hye-sung bawls her eyes out. Their father left the property to her, his eldest daughter. But really, she’s crying for all the things she’s been holding in and unable to release. She’s sorry for everything they’ve been through because of their dad — and even more sorry they have to feel grateful to him now because of this will. She and Woo-joo sit with their complicated feelings, and their sister bond is as strong as ever.

With Joon, they visit some lawyers who advise them to press criminal charges against Hee-ja. But, they all agree they’d rather find another route. Hye-sung is so grateful to Dong-jin that, like Woo-joo, she wants to be careful of how their actions affect him. And Mom feels the same. When Hye-sung calls to tell her they may have to file a criminal suit, her only question is, “How’s Woo-joo?”

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/call-it-love-episodes-15-16-final/

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (April 15, 2023)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your rmote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

DaebakGrits

Call It Love: Oof! The feels! Overall, one of the best dramas of 2023 so far, but I can’t decide if I like the ending. On the one hand, it makes sense that the two of them would need the time apart to grow, heal, and put some mental distance between them and the pain of their entwined family drama. But — ugh — another last minute break-up arc before the finale. I feel like we — and the characters — deserved more time witnessing the healing process. Was Woo-joo just waiting on her family’s approval for the last year? That’s kind of how it feels to me because, even though she clearly found personal happiness in her new career, she didn’t make any final moves to see Dong-jin until seemingly getting her sister’s blessing, the timing of which was a little too I’m-engaged-so-now-you-can-be-happy-too for my taste. Or maybe I’m just bitter because I wanted to see more happy, smiling Woo-joo and Dong-jin.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-april-15-2023/

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2023] Call It Love/Tell Me It`s Love, 사랑이라 말해요

Disney+ drops cute Call It Love stills after finale

by missvictrix

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/photo1654154.jpg

Post-drama hype is not usually my jam, but some things are too cute not to share. And in the case of Disney+’s recently concluded Call It Love, some things are too delightful not to share — like this drop of BTS stills that were recently released.

The stills not only remind us that beloved leads Lee Sung-kyung and Kim Young-kwang were models in their pre-acting days (I mean look at that photo), but they give us a good excuse to enjoy the drama’s OTP — and the wonderful cast — with a levity that wasn’t present in the drama itself. There are smiles! Goofy faces! And overall, just some really nice vibes to make this drama experience feel even more special.

photo1654153.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/disney-drops-cute-call-it-love-stills-after-finale/

• 7 months later...

[2023 Year in Review] Bean of Greatness

by DB Staff

We’re bringing back our Bean series this year! Because sometimes you just need to wax poetic about which dramas you’re giving your beans to, and why. After all, summing up, sorting out, and making blanket pronouncements is what the 2023 Year in Review is all about.

Not to be confused with the famous Editors’ Picks, this bean series is much like our other DB team posts — each writer sharing their feels. Add your own personal Bean of Greatness in the comments and join the fun!

Dramaddictally: 2023 wasn’t bursting at the seams with great dramas. But those few dramas I loved, I really loved. At the top of my list, on which I’m bestowing my Bean of Greatness, is Call It Love. This pink-hued drama did me in, from its characters and story to its camerawork and strong-willed heroine. In a year that could do with one less revenge drama, Shim Woo-joo is a young woman who thinks she wants revenge, but really just wants to be healed. Following her on her journey of realization put me right in her shoes as she went from anger and resentment to sacrifice and love. But her obstacles only got harder when her heart settled on a love that was forbidden — and my heart hurt along with hers every step of the way. It’s a resonant look at love, steeped in loneliness and longing, with a lead couple that I yearned to see together almost as much as they yearned for each other. Great dramas are the ones that make me think or feel deeply, and this drama just about drowned me in feeling.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/2023-year-in-review-bean-of-greatness/