[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

I've just finished watching Anego (jdorama) and it reminded me of this show so much and make me want to see this again ARRGH!! missing my TAE BONGGGG!!

Btw, since this drama is made after Anego (2005), so looks like they use some inspiration from the Anego, as both are about working women after 30s who's looking for the right Prince B) ..and finally fall in love with a much Younger HOT CUTE guy!! LOL~

Yeah, same here (I just finished Anego). I think they used more than just "some inspiration" too, because it was more than just the theme of a working 30+ year old woman looking for love that's similar to that drama. A lot about the plot, style and even the lines are very similar to Anego. But of course, since Dal Ja's spring is much longer, they could delve into certain things more deeply.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yehbaby

finally found the time to watch Dal Ja's Spring. i've always wanted to see it, since hearing so much about it. :)

well, Dal Ja's Spring met my expectations and exceeded it. this show was funny, touching, silly and most of all honest. i'm impressed. maybe i can relate to it becoz the show talks about the single woman's psyche and the choices she faces in her life regarding love and career. i also like that Dal Ja's Spring depict relationships not only between lovers, but also between colleagues and family. all the supporting characters had depth and stories to tell.

- my favorite character in DJ's Spring (aside from Dal Ja) has to be Seon Joo. i love her cool ice queen character and it's too cute how she makes Sae Do all anxious running after her for affection like a needy puppy. :D when Seon Joo flashes one of her rare smiles, wow! so precious.

- the parodies of various kdrama cliches together with the famous movies/kramas OST they insert in certain scenes are hilarious. eg. when Tae Bong jumps in front of Dal Ja to block her from getting whacked by her mom's broom....the bodyground theme song 'i will always love yoooouuu...!' sung by whitney housten comes out. :lol:

- gotta love gargamel...Dalja's scary android section head. the way she speaks veryyy. slowly. enunciating. every. word. in her even toned, low voice is nerve wracking. not to mention how everyone in the office can sense her presence from the vibration of her thundering footsteps before she enters the room...complete with terminator 2 music. LMAO.

- Chaerim made a great comeback to kdrama with this role. i've always liked Chaerim since All About Eve, and it's been a long while since I saw her works...the last being Love in Aegean Sea with Alec Su (that was meh). but here as Dalja, she's in her element and reminds us once again of why she's a good actress. Chaerim totally gets the character of Dal Ja and she never overacts to the point of being annoying like some other kdrama actresses. her acting in the emotional scenes were spot on and when she's being overly imaginative, she's so silly and adorable. i also digged Dalja's office wear and her goth nails. but it comes as no surprise to me, as Chaerim has always been a great dresser. :)

- needless to say, Kang Tae Bong + Oh Dal Ja = cute cute cute! :wub: :wub:

- Representative Ki Jeong's wife cracks me up! she's kinda creepy but funny at the same time. when she offered Dalja the basket of apple pies, she looked like snow white's jealous step-mother in disguise. :D

- Ki Jeong reading Candy Candy comics for tips on how to romance Dal Ja was priceless...i couldn't stop laughing when he called his secretary up asking "why did this happen to candy.. how could jerry do that?!" :lol:

-Tae Bong worming his way into Dal Ja's house (and heart) reminds me so much of Kimmi Wa Petto's Momo and Sumire chan. both male leads (Minki and Matsujun) are so cute and adorable, that it makes it all the more difficult for the independent career women (Dalja and Sumire) to leave them out in the cold. kawaii! :blush:

-the relationship between Dalja's mom and grandmother is quite touching. the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law are mutually fond of each other, despite their gruffy exteriors.

-the only relationship which seemed a bit off to me was between Tae Bong's parents. his dad seemed so dismissive and cold to his mom, but the way they made up after their quarrel was too abrupt. Tae Bong just tells his dad what he really thinks of him, and the grandpa also gave him a lecture and the dad just makes up his mind to become a much more loving husband, son-in-law and father? okay...

Dal Ja's thought processes and epiphanies were very realistic and honest, single women in their 30s can relate to this so well - wanting to find a life partner so that you won't end up a lonely old spinster, but at the same time, you are so comfortable living on your own already at this age and proud of your independence. it's a risk and a pain to compromise and try to live with someone else. this workplace drama + friendship + romance = a winner in my books! it's like Bridget Jones diary, asian style ie. more attention is paid to family influences and friendships.

Guest Smileforjessie

Helllo fellow Dal Ja spring fans!!

*sigh* I just wish i started watching DJS earlier. Right now it's 5am....and i've just 'finished' watching all 22 episodes of it. I'm still in the state of happiness and shock. Happy because this drama was certainly worth watching and shocked at how good and nicely done this drama was. :)

I just want to ramble on and on about this lovely drama and i really don't know where to start.

I remember last year when this drama was going to debut I checked out this thread and saw pictures of press conferences for this drama...i was mainly interested because of the hottie Lee Min Ki :blush: but as i read the synopsis of the drama I was just like :unsure: mainly because I'm one of those typical fangirls who love cliche cheesy dramas, love triangles, misunderstandings and the main girl being totally clumsy but has a very pure and innocent heart hahaha...so the idea of a older woman dating a guy younger than him for like 6 years was not really appealing to me at all, so the stupid me just left it and didn't come back to the DJS thread until these past few days. :ph34r: Oh boy, I'm just so grateful that i got my lazy as$ off to click and watch the first episode of this during the first week of my easter break >< at first I was kinda like.. "okk....... :blink::unsure: " with the first episode but then i couldn't stop :rolleyes: Dal ja in this drama to me is a really admirable woman, even though I am no where near her age in this drama i can still kind of relate myself to her haha, maybe it's because i'm kind of naive as well and I have the fear of relationships..commitment....no confidence etc etc but yeah i'm just still young but i can sometimes feel like i'm learning something from this drama. There was many things that made me think deeper about but yeah, it wasn't unusual for me to be sitting in front of the computer screen watching a random episode of DJS and just nodding my head like crazy to maybe a decision or statement that TaeBong or Dal Ja makes.

I loved every sweet moment in this drama between TB and DJ :blush: :rolleyes: esp episode 17. Haha~ The honestly between the couple was great and I couldn't of wished for it to be any better... They had so much on-screen chemistry..it was just *squeals* I swear every time they did something sweet together my heart was throbbing and i was just speechless..i just felt so so so happy for them because I somehow felt their appreciation of each other's presence in those scenes, I LOVED SEEING THEM TOGETHER. But I couldn't bring myself to watch episode

20 and 21

seeing them like that made my heart ache....and it just depressed me so much..i felt like bursting into tears for them so I was like in my room in front of the computer screen trying to not make myself wail like a baby to wake my parents up...LOL ==; but yeah.....i skipped to episodes and just jumped to the last episode.. :ph34r: :ph34r: hahaaha....and gawd

you don't know how happy i was to see them ending back together....i was just thrilled!

so maybe, i will watch those 2 episodes i missed due to the fact that

i was not brave enough to watch them 'breakup'

DJ's clothes in this drama was sooo nice as well...i loved every coat she wore and her boots hehe...hopefully when I'm older i can have such style =]

anyway, it's 5.30am already =/ *yawn* I still feel like i have so much to add to this post but I just don't know how......ahhaha but i bet no one is going to read this anyway but I just wanted to contribute and express how much i loved watching this drama as a teenager who has not even left high school yet. I just know i'm going to really really really miss this drama........T________T gawd help me x_x I need to find a new drama asap hahaha... but I wouldn't mind a Dal Ja Spring season 2, lol. The ending gave me the thought of a lovely sequel =] but that's just my opinion.

It's one of the best korean dramas i've seen for while.....and i admit i've not been anticipating in kdramas for a while because of the draggyness in most of them...but Dal Ja's spring, My girl, goong and Tree of heaven are certainly my favorite korean dramas of all time. =]

TB character in my heart is just the perfect guy. Honest and direct.....*sigh* Now where will I find a Tae Bong of my own??? :tears: Hopefully i'll have a nice dream tonight...with TB in it HAHAHAH :blush: :ph34r:

GOODNIGHT DARLINGS <3

PS. sorry for random grammar mistakes and the random paragraphs.....i'm really sleepy but i'm still really hyped about this drama even though i just finished watching it. =]] omo...the sun is already rising and the birds are freaking chirping like crazy now T_T

Guest raevangeline

hi, i'm a newbie in soompi and this is my first post. thanks to rochinipark for introducing me to the wonders of soompi..

hehe.. :)

ok, so i have decided to watch dal ja's spring after reading drambeans. yesterday i previewed the drama til 4 am which cut thru my sleeping time..ahhh, my beauty sleep replaced by lee min ki. i've seen him in evasive inquiry agency which was way under rated. for me, it is a unique gem!!

from my preview of dal ja, lee min ki seems like the perfect guy any girls will swoon to have.. :blush: a tad different from his sloppy appearance in evasive.

i'm not sure which character i like him in..since i'm watching reverse order of his shows.

well, til then..i'm gonna watch dal ja's spring this time in full.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest *alodia*

Hi everyone!

First post here. Almost finished watching Dal Ja's Spring. I'm about to start the last episode.

It makes me sad to that i'll be saying goodbye to Dal Ja in about an hour from now.

I never loved a fictional character as much as Kim Sam Soon.

Oh Dal Ja is my second most-loved fictional character (tied with Wee Seon Joo as my second most-loved as well ~ love her much too)

I'm so happy i watched this series. It's the first time i was brave enough to watch a series w/o a friend's recommendation. With my busy lifestyle watching a 16-22 episode drama is really an effort. And it makes me really disappointed if i will come across a not-so-good drama. Just came across an article that mentioned this drama (saying it follows the likes of MNIKSS and WUF... uhm let me rephrase: MNIKSS changed korean drama's stereotypes, was followed by contemporary dramas like WUF and DJS). Being a big MNIKSS fan, i was curious (since i also like WUF).

Anyway, i was happy i found the courage to watch this w/o any background about the story. It affected me just like how MNIKSS did (i.e. makes me laugh so hard, makes me cry so much, makes me reflect on life, makes me inspired, makes me want to fall in love). It exceeded my expectations, and toppled other dramas on my favorite list, making this my second favorite (mnikss is still and will always be my number 1)

i think i should trust my instinct more...

i must go and watch the final episode... though i know this will make me sad, i'm excited too because i can re-watch this afterwards (addicted??? :lol:)

*MNIKSS my name is kim sam soon

WUF what's up fox

DJS dal ja's spring

• 3 weeks later...

^ i am a dalja fanatic.. and i want you to share the mV i made for the Dalja's spring

couple .. :lol:

i love them both at the series especially dalja.. hmmm, this series will be shown at the Phil. with

tagalized/tagalog version soon at the filipino channel and i hope as i love dalja, they will do the same way too.. ;)

^ i love chae rim as well.. :D

here is the link for my first mV

Guest leahdm

^ i am a dalja fanatic.. and i want you to share the mV i made for the Dalja's spring

couple .. :lol:

i love them both at the series especially dalja.. hmmm, this series will be shown at the Phil. with

tagalized/tagalog version soon at the filipino channel and i hope as i love dalja, they will do the same way too.. ;)

^ i love chae rim as well.. :D

here is the link for my first mV

really? what station? o my gosh..i want to watch it again. i hope they will get good dubbers for my fave drama. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jade_empress

3 episodes to go!!! :(

omg...i definitely love min-ki! i never thought that i would love another male lead as much as hyun bin in mnikss! :)

Guest jade_empress

I FINISHED IT! I absolutely love the drama except episodes 20 and 21! I think the separation is unnecessary! Why must they separate when there is no longer any problem at all. Tae-Bong is a stable lawyer, their families do not oblige anymore...:D

Oh well...MIN-KI! I love you so much! :D

Guest fuyuke

this drama is interesting. it keep me hooked in the beginning but gets kind of draggy towards the end but still very entertaining.

i like the leads :D

Guest --savers--

i already finished watching this drama..

and i keep forwarding my copy when the scene is about Gi jeong, son ju and sedo..hehe..

I really love Minki! whoa! luv his eyes! Dalja is so lucky to have him!

but i dont like the ending coz they separate for 2 yrs! if it did not happen maybe they're already married with lots of children..hehe.. but atleast it has a happy ending

Guest amane~matsuo

I cannot get enough of Dalja's Spring! It's been being shown here in Philippines and I think the dubbing and translations are just okay, but the thing is there are cut scenes, its common when dramas are being shown on primetimes here <_<

But anyway, DJS is really a great drama, I'd watch it over and over coz am too addicted ^_^

I'm currently rewatching it.. and I still love every episode... hehe I get mad when my sisters tells me the plotline again though (cuz I want to forget as much as possible and rewatch it)

Ah... I remember why I'm so addicted to this and why it's my number one drama. Every episode is so sweet... and leaves me happy, not hating any characters.. yes there are a few oddballs around (the representative and his wife) but their relationship is kinda cute in a way...

I haven't watched any other of the lead's dramas.. perhaps I should check them out one day, but I don't think they'll have the "magic" of this drama. I love how they overturned some of the kdrama cliche around...

Guest cuteyabby

what i also love in this series is CR's clothes! i love her clothes here! and also the soundtrack of this. i love the songs! :D

i just finished watching this series and i love it!

i like the way the show presented the various challenges faced by women in the workplace and how it differs depending on their age and civil status. it can really empower the female audience of the show.

PLUS... lee min ki totally won me over. i love guys who look better and better the longer you stare at them. his smile totally melts my heart. sigh!

Guest cuteyabby

i just finished watching this series and i love it!

i like the way the show presented the various challenges faced by women in the workplace and how it differs depending on their age and civil status. it can really empower the female audience of the show.

PLUS... lee min ki totally won me over. i love guys who look better and better the longer you stare at them. his smile totally melts my heart. sigh!

mee too, i like the role of Lee Min Ki here. a typical ordinary guy but lovable. i want to find someone like him. :D right now its currently airing here in the philippines at GMA. its on its 2nd week only.

Archived