OFFICIAL: ASIANS CELEBS IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Guest bubbles20

Guest tengy

malaysian's beloved datuk michelle yeoh!

most of them are mixed which is considered quite unfair in a sense that there isnt a really FULL asian person.

furthermore, those who are fully asian are NOT famous. lemme repeat. NOT famous other than sexy Lucy Liu.

datuk michelle yeoh is full asian and she is really popular in hollywood?

lemme repeat too.

please widen your celeb knowledge before critisizing.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ryisakooguy

ehh sry but i gotta admit that was an ignorant comment. im not even hmong and still i felt offended by that. hmong is another nationality.

and no she isnt korean. oh btw, she didnt even say that at all on disney channel. she said she speaks thai and even said something in thai, i believe she said "my name is brenda" in thai. she learned the language because that was the only way she could of communicate to her grandparents. all though she can speak it she does say that she has a lil valley girl accent. bwhaha. watta cutie. <3

also if you pay attention when they showed her old picture when she was small. it showed her wearing a thai outfit which she also expalined what it was. she also wore something similar in one of the episodes of zach n cody when it was both londons and maddy's 16th bday.

neways, i hope that one day i can make this list. i wanna audition for disney channel as well. all those kids on tha channel influence me to go ahead n try to make it. i hope i do...its my dream to entertain all of yous n even break more barriers for more asians to make it as well.

alright doods n doodettes. im quoting myself here because i put down some information that i wasnt 100% of. i apologize for that...

neways, i honestly thought that lao, hmong, n thai are similar, we'll in language neways. i still dont know if that true or not soo correct me if im wrong. she speaks hmong.

brenda is half hmong/laos. it seems i put down half thai so i was wrong there again. sorry bout that.

neways like i said there was a video tellin her about her culture n what not. this is a request for joonieki and for others who want to watch the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTjKMBAo2Jc

• 2 months later...
Guest xdiorix

I'm late to the party but goodness, people, what about GEORGE EFFING TAKEI??? (He only got a passing mention somewhere on previous pages). He was Hikaru Sulu on Star Trek back in the day and now he plays Hiro's dad on the show "Heroes". Not to mention he's an influential presence for the LGBT movement.

Takei2.jpg

And James Kyson Lee, who plays Ando, Hiro's friend on "Heroes".

Ando_masahashi.jpg

I'm late to the party but goodness, people, what about GEORGE EFFING TAKEI??? (He only got a passing mention somewhere on previous pages). He was Hikaru Sulu on Star Trek back in the day and now he plays Hiro's dad on the show "Heroes". Not to mention he's an influential presence for the LGBT movement.

http://www.trekmania.altervista.org/star%20trek/Takei2.jpg

I'm pretty sure I mentioned him--at least I hope I did--I grew up watching him. >< He's also been doing work and giving lectures about Asian Americans and Asian actors in Hollywood. he's always been cool. Just his voice makes you want to listen to him. :P

sherry_9203 --Many of the people mentioned here are not mixed, but fully Asian or Asian American. There's way more than just a few Asians in Hollywood--people gripe a lot, saying there is no one--but they should pay closer attention. =/ We've posted many of them here.

Guest `babyy--allure

I haven't gone through all the pages yet but from what I have been though, I saw no Aaron Yoo!

disturbia-aaronyoo.jpg

disturbia1.jpg

I couldn't find many pictures of him but these pictures do him no justice for he has looked better --from what I have seen in Disturbia. :sweatingbullets: hehe.

Guest lovelyvietgirl

The three sisters in 'return to halloweentown 2006' from disney channel. two of them are twin in real life ..and the other one is not related to them. the twins are really pretty and they are mixed too.

Guest lovelyvietgirl

10923140.jpg

The girl group No secret.. the broke up now.

the girl with black hair in the blue is hawaiian/pinay and the girl in the middle is pinay/white

I haven't gone through all the pages yet but from what I have been though, I saw no Aaron Yoo !

that's weird--I could swear someone mentioned him. No time to go back and check all the pages. I know I did in a similar thread, but it got lost when the forum went down. He has his own thread, too. he's pretty cute. he seems to be a pretty good actor.

Guest myla12

The lead singer of Pussycat Dolls, Nicole Scherzinger is half Filipina.

Former Sugababes member, Mutya Buena is half Filipina.

And WWE Wrestler/Superstar Batista is half Filipino. He even have a tatoo of the country's flag on his right shoulder.

right...:)..apple i think is full filipino...

aple d ap from black eyed peas

Aplalonejpg.jpg

050507_BlackEyePeas_vm.widec.jpg

black_eyed_peas.jpg

mutya in sugababes

20051221sugababes.jpg

Nicole Scherzinger

nicole-scherzinger-picture-1.jpg

202832386_43dcde7a74.jpg

nicole02.jpg

more pinoys....:)

famous hollywood designer Monique Lhuillier

Monique-L-and-Tom-Bugbee.jpg

21833163.jpg

w/ president arroyo from her visit in philippines(not sure if it was this year or last year though:))

110806_01rp.jpg

inside-lhuillier.jpg

Lou Diamond Phillips

Phillips_Lo13288_150x200.jpg

Enrique Iglesias(mother is filipina)

1001_enrique_iglesias_c.jpg

Rob Schneider(maternal grandmother is filipina)

rob-schneider01.jpg

robschneider.jpg

Vanessa Minnillo(was born in phil and pretty not sure if her mother is filipina)

vanessa_minnillo_emmy_2006_splashnews.jpg

with bf nick lachey

NickLacheyVanessaMinnilloKentuckyDerbyParty.jpg

Guest lovelyvietgirl

Adrienne Bailon . Her mother is of Incan, Lebanese and Chinese ancestry. Her father is of Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French, Greek and Caribbean ancestry.

she is from 3lw and the movie 'the cheetah girls'..i always thought she look mixed.

pirates06240644.jpg

po.100803.jpg

ad12.jpg.w300h500.jpg

Guest woaini715

Kelis is a quarter chinese

Amerie is half african american and half korean

Amerie4.jpg

Lisa Ling (dun have a pic of her) is chinese

Kimora Lee Simmons-half african american and half japanese

1e9ere2.jpg

^she's famous for being the designer of baby phat<3

Gong Li (memoirs of a geisha and miami vice)

july14li5.jpg

Michelle Yeoh

DSCN2583.jpg

Guest lhdn1994

Tila Tequila?

haha iono if alot of people like her though..

she pulls off the more than sexy image.....the like over 18 one ? lolz ^^

TilaTequila.jpg

the only pic i found thats not too revealing >.<

and Michael Copon

the guy that was in One Tree Hill and That's So Raven

i think he also guest stared in some other shows >.<

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7751/1768/1600/c8_jpg.jpg

Guest Amethist

What's wrong with being mixed? I'm mixed. Last I checked I wasn't half of anything, I was completely HUMAN. Who cares if you are full or not. Stop complaining. Asian is Asian. No matter how much or how little of it is in your blood.

*agrees* well said my fellow mixedblood :)..

This thread makes me realise are already a lot asians in Hollywood already, which ofcourse is good :).. It would be cool to see more asians coming to Hollywood though..

ehh sry but i gotta admit that was an ignorant comment. im not even hmong and still i felt offended by that. hmong is another nationality.

and no she isnt korean. oh btw, she didnt even say that at all on disney channel. she said she speaks thai and even said something in thai, i believe she said "my name is brenda" in thai. she learned the language because that was the only way she could of communicate to her grandparents. all though she can speak it she does say that she has a lil valley girl accent. bwhaha. watta cutie. <3

also if you pay attention when they showed her old picture when she was small. it showed her wearing a thai outfit which she also expalined what it was. she also wore something similar in one of the episodes of zach n cody when it was both londons and maddy's 16th bday.

neways, i hope that one day i can make this list. i wanna audition for disney channel as well. all those kids on tha channel influence me to go ahead n try to make it. i hope i do...its my dream to entertain all of yous n even break more barriers for more asians to make it as well.

actually the picture she showed was a hmong outfit... [well i cant hear what shes saying bc i dont have sound] but i can tell you its hmong clothing... and that long thing she showed is the front of a skirt you wear and that thing before that you saw a glimpse of is something mothers tie babies on their back with...

oh and what she also said was also hmong ["My Name is Brenda"].. its just that many hmong people originated from Laos and Thailand so i guess the confusion.. but i thought it was really cool that she talked about her background a bit because I dont think many people know about the hmong culture..

but i wish you luck in auditioning for disney!

i feel weird admitting it.. but sometimes i like to watch disney channel too... but with my little brothers, ok?!! ;]

Archived