Credits: Tencent

Details:

Title: 永安梦 / Yong An Meng
English title:
Genre: Historical, romance
Episodes: 24
Broadcast network: Tencent
Broadcast period: Feb 28, 2024 - Mar 7, 2024

Note: Adapted from the web novel "Chang’an’s First Beauty" (长安第一美人) by Fādá de lèixiàn (发达的泪腺).

Cast:

Ouyang Nana as Shen Zhen (voiced by Xu Jia Qi)
Xu Zheng Xi as Lu Shiyan (voiced by Wei Chao)
Sun Jian as Zhou Shu'an (voiced by Cai Jie)
Xia Nan as Shen Ran (voiced by Qiu Qiu)
Liu Hai Kuan as Li Di (voiced by Li Wang Song)
Tang Zhen Chao as Su Heng (voiced by Sun Lang Lang)
Tian Ai as Xu Yiqing (voiced by Yu Ming Lu)
Yang Zhen as Yang Zong (voiced by Shao Chen Liang)
Ding Jie as Qing Xi (voiced by Cao Yi Qian)
Jia Ze as Fu Man (voiced by Xie Zi Wei)
Ren Shan as Shen Wenqi (voiced by Tang Shui Yu)
Long Zheng Xuan as Zhuang Yue
Zhang Ya Meng as Elder Princess (voiced by Zhang Kai)
Zhao Rui as Madame Wen (voiced by Lin Lan)
Feng Hui as Emperor Yuan Qing (voiced by Zhao Ming Zhou)
Xu Rong Zhen as Empress Xu (voiced by Yan Meng Meng)
Zheng Guo Lin as Emperor (previous life)
Sun Zi Jun as Madame He (voiced by Yu Meng Ci)
Liu Han Yang as Chu Yi (voiced by Liu Zheng)
Jiang Xi Rao as Qing Li (voiced by Liu Yuan Yuan)
Zhou Yuan as Zhao Chong (voiced by Fan Zhe Chen)
Ma Rui Ze as Xu Wei (voiced by Shi Ze Kun)
Li Zhi Qiang as Xiao Ningbo (voiced by Meng Yu)
Song Zi Qiao as Shen Lan (voiced by Zhang Yu Wei)
Yang Liu as Lan'er (voiced by Gao Yi Xue (高一雪))
Leng Ji Yuan as Crown Prince (voiced by Ling Fei)
Zhu Zi Jie as Sixth Prince (voiced by Zhang Zhen)
Yu Jia Yi (于嘉益) as Eunuch Lou (voiced by Wen Hao Yu (文昊宇))

Synopsis:

Yong'an, the capital city, fell into chaos due to the collapse of the West Canal. Shen Wen Qi, the Minister of Works in charge of the construction, was implicated overnight and thrown into prison. "When the nest is overturned, no egg remains intact." Shen Wen Qi's two daughters, Shen Ran and Shen Zhen, were trapped in multiple dilemmas. Especially Shen Zhen, the youngest daughter, who had always been sheltered though resourceful, now found herself in a conspiracy.

During this time, Lu Shi Yan, the imperial prosecutor responsible for investigating the case, was perplexed by recurring dreams of his entanglement with a mysterious woman. After verification, he discovered that the mysterious woman in his dreams was Shen Zhen, the daughter of the guilty official. Lu Shi Yan was doubtful but approached her anyway.

As they delved into the West Canal case, they endured many trials and tribulations and developed a deep affection. With Shen Zhen's help, Lu Shi Yan uncovered the truth behind the case. However, with the real mastermind silently closing in on the two of them, how would their story end?

Credit: MDL, Dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse

Please report to moderator @SC2019

@leo2020 the ML has glimpses of his past life, so it could be interesting to watch if done well. Let's see. Chinese netizens are already critical of the age difference and of the FL's acting competence (she has acted in more movies than dramas and is a professionally trained cellist, having begun her musical training at the age of 4). In RL, the ML is 15 years older than the FL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

Chinese netizens are already critical of the age difference and of the FL's acting competence (she has acted in more movies than dramas and is a professionally trained cellist, having begun her musical training at the age of 4). In RL, the ML is 15 years older than the FL.

Ohh, here we go again:D. Yes, and RL was great).  BTW, FL is in upcoming Shadow with Vengo Gao, who is technically even older then Jeremy :). IMO what matters - if the leads look good/comparable together in one "frame" and have good oncreen chemistry. And we haven't even seen any posters yet). 

I can't comment on FL acting skills, haven't seen her works. I hope Shadow comes this year, so we'll have an opportunity to watch her in action). 

• Like 1

Wait! They really have a 15 year age difference?

I don't see it. 

Jeremy looks pretty young so I'm confused. 

Anyway, I hope this drama airs soon because it sounds interesting. 

I am at a lose end here so eagerly waiting for my next crack. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

Wait! They really have a 15 year age difference?

I don't see it. 

Jeremy looks pretty young so I'm confused. 

Anyway, I hope this drama airs soon because it sounds interesting. 

I am at a lose end here so eagerly waiting for my next crack. 

jeremy is 37, ouyang is 22.:P

@leo2020 erh because Vengo is a vampire who has lived hundreds of years??? :hwaiting2:

you can catch her in her movie!

20 hours ago, SC2019 said:

jeremy is 37, ouyang is 22.:P

@leo2020 erh because Vengo is a vampire who has lived hundreds of years??? :hwaiting2:

you can catch her in her movie!

Now I'll definitely try to find smth with her). 

Spoiler

Judging from what I already learned re the Shadow story , I think she and Vengo will be in smth like Dracula-Mina Hacker kind of relationship (from 2013 Dracula series). So technically not a couple. In The Shadow they have that young guy everyone on Twitter is raving about, I think he is FL's real love interest.

• Blob 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2024] Yong An Dream 永安梦

I finally watched the whole drama, and though it's not award-winning, I found it satisfying that both male leads joined hands to protect their loved ones! My first time watching Ouyang Nana, and I am so tempted to pinch her cheeks.

• Like 1