The Most Mind-Boggling K-Drama Endings

partyon

The Most Mind-Boggling K-Drama Endings  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which k-dramas had the most mind-boggling endings? (choose as many as you like)

• 49 Days
    • A Good Supper
    • Again My Life
    • Alchemy of Souls
    • Arthdal Chronicles
    • Awaken
    • Big
    • Big Mouth
    • Cheat on Me If You Can
    • Cheese in the Trap
    • Crash Landing On You
    • Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol
    • Fashion King
    • Feel Good to Die
    • God's Gift: 14 Days
    • Gu Family Book
    • Hellbound
    • I Summon You, Gold!
    • Innocent Man
    • None of the Above / Something else. What?
  2. 2. Which k-dramas had the most mind-boggling endings? (choose as many as you like)

• IRIS
    • Jirisan
    • King 2 Hearts
    • Korean Odyssey (Hwayugi)
    • Love Alarm
    • Love ft. Marriage and Divorce - all seasons
    • Lovers in Paris
    • Memories of the Alhambra
    • Mirae's Choice (Marry Him if You Dare)
    • Missing 9
    • Mouse
    • Mr. Queen
    • My Name
    • Nevertheless
    • Now We Are Breaking Up
    • Oh My Ladylord
    • Penthouse 3
    • Princess Aurora
    • Record of Youth
  3. 3. Which k-dramas had the most mind-boggling endings? (choose as many as you like)

• Red Shoes
    • Rooftop Prince
    • Scarlet Heart: Ryeo
    • Sisyphus
    • Something Happened in Bali
    • Start-Up
    • The Last Empress
    • The Third Charm
    • Tomorrow
    • Twenty-Five Twenty-One
    • Vagabond
    • Vincenzo
    • V.I.P.
    • Wang's Family
    • You Who Came from the Stars
    • Who Are You: School 2015
    • Temptation of a Wife
    • Reply 1988
    • Alice

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2022 at 08:00 PM

21 hours ago, willenette said:

6. Empress Ki

Empress Ki is a highly popular historical K-drama that had a sad ending that left fans heartbroken for the main character. The final episode of the drama entails the last of empress Ki's (Ha Ji-Won) enemies to be defeated. The joy of their win is overshadowed by the death of a main character.Ta Hwan (Ji Chang-Wook) realizes that he's been betrayed by someone close to him. He's been secretly fed poison for some time & dies.

This is another I.Cannot. drama.

I agree with @partyon that they killed my oppa here!!

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I would like to add Phoenix 2020, with the drama that happened behind the scenes, the ACTUAL drama spiralled into complete chaos.

I always wanted to get more details on what happened but we didn't have much to go on besides what was shared by a soompi member who translated the few korean news articles. 

but yes, phoenix 2020 was awful to the core. I don't think I ever hated a FL more! 

• Blob 6

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I was so traumatized from Love ft Marriage and Divorce that I had no idea the drama ended.

Chingu, did you even watch this drama? I thought you just moderated the drama thread :loolz:

4 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I agree with @partyon that they killed my oppa here!!

I do hope you are talking about @agenth 's and my beloved oppa:

2ac85d8da8c43433faad978b0d1175b8.png

Or is your oppa Taeyang ? :scream:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8yq3qYDMJ1rOU12wNJ0p

Please don't let it be Cockroach. :please:

38644372684cd52302cd536e2a456b63079723ff

@Sleepy Owl's favorite character. :D

• LOL 7

:waves: guys!

Thank you so much @partyon chingu for tagging me. And apologies for being late to the party! :innocent: Finally, just voted for the dramas I watched so far per list. Hope you won't mind me at all... :D

Speaking of endings.. I don't remember of some dramas I voted but what's up with My Love from the Stars, Sisyphus and The Last Empress? Are they even real? :joy: I still can't sort out how they ended up at the top 3 position...! Ha ha ha... :loolz:

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

omg someone else remembers 49 days?! YES. what was that ending?!? WHY YOU DO THAT TO HER AND THE AUDIENCE (p.s. I would not have remembered this show until you mentioned it and this memory is making my blooood boillllll:evillaugh:). I will stick to the 49 days fanfic from back in the day thank you very much.

yep fresh in my mind - Big Mouth. the moment the water hit her, I knew she was gonna get something but not DEATH. geez. it felt like the writers did not know how else to make it impactful besides killing her off. cheap skates.

Jirisan - glad I'm not the only one who was mind boggled with her surviving on a mountain in a wheelchair with no help. :smashes:

mind boggling is an understatement for the endings for Memories of Alhambra and Vagabond - these ones feel liek they were left open due to the writers actually couldn't decide / think of an ending...

Rooftop Prince; agreed that the initial prince was left alone! and sometimes I feel reincarnations aren't the same person!! especially if the character loses their memory - I always feel torn whether that still counts as the same person:criesariver:

Vincenzo; still love this show but the romance ending was like tossed together last minute just to pacify us. at least build on their feelings a bit more...

I would like to add The King: Eternal Monarch to this list; its ending defied logic so bad that it was mind boggling LOL:what!:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

@*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* Reading your post, and I feel like we might have unleashed some of your k-drama ending traumas.

02fb0f0f4b1329faa1f019f886808330.gif

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I don't remember of some dramas I voted but what's up with My Love from the Stars, Sisyphus and The Last Empress? Are they even real? :joy: I still can't sort out how they ended up at the top 3 position...! Ha ha ha...

The Last Empress surely deserves to win this poll. :rage:

:fear:

• LOL 6

@larus chingu, I haven't seen your vote for Penthouse 3 yet? :scream:

@ferily chingu, you can still get Mouse to gain more votes!

@Yinye chingu, did you like the ending of Big Mouth?

@sadthe1st @SC2019 @Wuzetian @YongZura⁷ @Sunset chingus, I'm sure you didn't like all the dramas on this list either? ;)

And where is the Alchemy of Souls gang ?

@debbsthebee @K-dramafan22 @SleepyKitty @marrez1   @orion00 @suga02pearl @jannedrumsit @fieza1871 @deishii @heartily @Jeannie   @backstreetboysfan @breakmyheart   @kwayteow_mama @Rollito Deprimavera @CA C @Pinkypoo @Gumiho @lilyphenix @ilovenico  @SophieH @TheaN @xylaxyly

Last chance to vote, peeps!

:evilelmo:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, partyon said:

@larus chingu, I haven't seen your vote for Penthouse 3 yet?

Sorry, I saw the poll just now.

I will surprise you but I did not find Penthouse 3 `s ending mind-boggling. I love it. :w00t:  It was almost what I wanted for an ending. I wanted to see a masive destruction, all characters dead. :w00t: As you know, I hated this series so much. Usually I ignore such dramas but I wanted to watch it for my girl. I stopped watching from episode 4 (first season) but I watched So yeon`s scenes  and I watched the ending.   I can`t understand or stand the writing for crazy makjang. The ending was satisfying for me but I could understand the frustration of people who liked the series. 

I did not watch many dramas listed on the poll but from what I watched, I voted the ending that stood in my memories.

49 Days. I watched it when I start watching dramas.  I loved the drama but the ending shocked me.  It made me so sad. I guess the writer did a good job. I still remember the ending and the feeling of sadness. At least I can explain the ending (it makes sense for narative perspective), I’ve eventually come to accept it but I can`t say that I have to like it.

Iris. Again, another drama that I watched in my first year of watching dramas. I had so much to say against this drama (the action dramas usually are hard to like because the plot/mystery is weak) but after watching other action kdramas, Iris was not that bad.  About the ending....I wasn`t sad about the ending but it was shocking and unnecessary, IMO.

Vincenzo. I liked the drama but not loved it. I don`t know why. Perhaps the comedy tone did not bond well with the serious aspects. I felt that they romanticized the mafia. Oh, and I did not wanted to see anything romantic between leads. Sorry. I know other people wanted the romance to be explored. Not me. I hoped they would have chosen the genre well (com-com or mystery/ melodrama).

Spoiler

I knew that the bad guys will be punished but I did not expect that Vincenzo (the hero of the story) will personally killed and torture the bad guys. Perhaps people found that a poetic justice. I don`t. I did not find a satisfaction in that. There isn`t an ethical mobster. Vicenzo is a monster himself. Period. He became unredeemable in my eyes. Of course, he returns to Mafia in a higher position. He never left Mafia in the first place. But why the show needed to show the reunion of the leads? He is a monster but gets the girl in the end too? WTH?

Perhaps they had in mind a second season and that`s why I did not find the ending a good ending. 

Alice. Oh, God. I know the fictional drama (sci fi in particular) isn`t easy to make but the ending... No words. Confusion in the end. What was that? Is what i was left with. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

On 9/23/2022 at 5:15 PM, *.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* said:

I would like to add The King: Eternal Monarch to this list; its ending defied logic so bad that it was mind boggling LOL

Yeah, I agree. I would have voted this drama too. I don`t know what was in the writer`s mind.

Spoiler

The ending.... to go constantly between words... who thought this is a good idea for an ending? Geez. A bad attempt to eat a cake and have it too. I wished the writer have made a decision, to have a clear ending in mind, a coherent story to tell from start to finish. But...

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, larus said:

Yeah, I agree. I would have voted this drama too. I don`t know what was in the writer`s mind.

yessssss glad someone else thought so too!!

Spoiler

they (writers) probably thought constantly travelling across worlds was a super romantic ending

:idk:

On 9/24/2022 at 5:36 AM, partyon said:

@*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* Reading your post, and I feel like we might have unleashed some of your k-drama ending traumas.

HAHAHA it was fun to revisit my thoughts on these endings.

• LOL 6

On 9/21/2022 at 2:12 AM, the_sweetroad said:

I didn't know Reply 1988 was traumatic? I've heard it's so good.

It is good and brilliant BUT It may divide you into Team A and B , so certain team's rumored ending and actual ending does disappoint you , depends on whom you favor more.

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

Thank you for voting chingus! :kiss_wink:

In the end, there can only be one winner in our Most Mind-Boggling K-Drama Endings Event. And the winner is..... *drum rolls*

FIRST PLACE: The Last Empress - 25 votes :yay:

na-wang-shik-and-sunny-oh.jpg

Instead of The Last Empress, this drama's name should have been The Script is Mindless....

Who can forget this makjang drama where the writer re-wrote the script a gazillion times while the drama was airing. Guess she forgot to check with the ML (Choi Jin Hyuk) if he was available for her 10th extension. Since he wasn't, she just killed him off and made the FL end up alone. :rage: After he had been stabbed, shot at, punched, choked, kicked, drowned etc. for about 21 times in the drama (I know 'cause I counted), that's the thanks he got? :unamused:

Surely some of us would have wanted a "word" with the writer after that?

352ee6_30c37ab4f21443e497d6ad702e5ecfb8~

JOINT 2nd PLACE: Alchemy of Souls - 17 votes

alchemy-of-souls-episode-18-stills-7.jpg

At least the silky hair on Park Jin was nice and shiny...

This recent drama only finished its first season, but left the audience with more questions than answers. Conversations kept going round in circles, and the bad guys were for the most part still  alive. Also, no one knows if the FL was dead? Why did she kill the ML? And why did he later resurrect from the fire? And why were there no abs shown? :unamused:

JOINT 2nd PLACE: Big Mouth - 17 votes

img_20220629170506_st4mj002.webp

Our expression when the drama ended....

Let's just say that the ending and all the logic went down the drain at the 12 episode mark. The writers literally *TRIED* to wrap up everything in the last 10 minutes of the drama, but failed miserably. The FL died, the ML ended up being a murderer, the other bad guy got away and the person we wanted to be the real Big Mouse ended up with a cameo role. :unamused:

The funny thing is that all top 3 dramas had writers who not only botched one drama ending, but several...

1) The Last Empress writer also wrote Penthouse and Temptation of a Wife (both featured in this poll)

2) The Alchemy of Souls writers also wrote A Korean Odyssey and Big (both featured in this poll)

3) The Big Mouth writers also wrote Vagabond (featured in this poll) and Empress Ki (mentioned on this thread)

MORAL OF THE STORY:  Stay away from writers who have botched more than one drama ending. :loolz:

Thank you once again to @maribella for the event idea. If you have any event ideas, do reach out to your Event Organizers.

:heartxoxo:

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

tagging:

@Lmangla @madmad min @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* @backstreetboysfan @larus @gm4queen @ElleSor @Gretule @nohamahamoud2002 @kokodus @frozentundra @CarolynH @lilyphenix @rocher22 @LeftCoastOppa @chickfactor @africandramalover @itsmeash @the_sweetroad @MayanEcho @UnniSarah @willenette @chococarmela  

@morningdew @Yazusa @TheQueenReturns @Auntie Mame @Ayame @andy78 @Sunset @cikqueen @4evrkdrama @rocat @Kdramabae @asiaren @haruhi17 @A M A I @Tongtong @whome @blackberrypie @grrly @youactlikeicare @leo2020 @Nermeen نرمين @Hannahmiriam @CupcakeEonni

• Like 3
  • LOL 19
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, partyon said:

MORAL OF THE STORY:  Stay away from writers who have botched more than one drama ending.

Of course, especially makjang writers who doesn`t matter how good the ending they could write, I still stay away from their dramas. :w00t:

Funny comments. I enjoyed reading them.

I did not watch The Last Empress but it doesn`t seem it has the worst ending. The heroine end up alone. That`s not bad. But I agree ... it sucked for Choi Jin Hyuk`s character. :D I know that Kim Soon Ok`s dramas are popular but I can`t understand why.

For Alchemy of Souls.... perhaps some answers will be answered in the second season. About abs, the hope dies last. ;) I don`t like seasonal series without a satisfying resolution to the story in each season.

Big Mouth. When I read some reviews/ comments I thought this drama will be good. Too bad.

Conclusion.... I did not watch the top three dramas from this poll. Lucky me... :D

• LOL 4

19 minutes ago, partyon said:

Lucky you! I watched all 3 of them

But at least you did not watch another drama of Kim Soon ok. ;) How about `barf drama`? You said you won`t watch the final season. Did you keep your promise?

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, larus said:

How about `barf drama`? You said you won`t watch the final season. Did you keep your promise?

I stayed away from barf drama season 3 :D  

Holy Water Women GIF by BDHCollective

But chingu, I have also watched Temptation of a Wife by Kim Soon Ok :grimace:

I will most surely stay away from her new drama The Escape of the Seven.

Me and @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng when first reading the synopsis of the drama:

Antonio Banderas Tiff GIF by IMDb

Then noticing who the writer is:

run GIF by 1091

• LOL 3