[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022/2023] Unchained Love 浮图缘

SC2019

3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

We can freely rant about the boring title... Wonder if AX will update this song with more new titles...Lol...

Hahaha, thanks, never seen this one). Ironically, I watched around 3/4 of the dramas mentioned, and they all are pretty good ones, despite the "overused" titles:lol:

8 hours ago, galea said:

:') They really have to start getting more creative with the names. It's so half-arsed to just tag "love" onto the title with some random af adjective. It's not memorable, it doesn't scream "watch me! :D", it's lazy. But alas, I will likely take a look at this one because of how pleasantly surprised I was with the last drama that had the word "love" in it - which I only picked up because I saw GIFs. Any title with "love" actually puts me off LOL. 

Well, I think sometimes it's OK to use this word, for example if you are adapting an original novel with "love" in its title and you want to keep the original name.

But honestly, if I was a producer and was thinking how to name my drama I'll definitely try to find another more "fresh" words, at least to show, as you've mentioned,  - that I can be more creative than anyone else, hehe:D.

4 hours ago, cloud9 said:

I'll just use Fu Tu Yuan

It's the name of the original novel, right? And what does it mean,  if I may ask?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Hahaha, thanks, never seen this one). Ironically, I watched around 3/4 of the dramas mentioned, and they all are pretty good ones, despite the "overused" titles:lol:

Well, I think sometimes it's OK to use this word, for example if you are adapting an original novel with "love" in its title and you want to keep the original name.

But honestly, if I was a producer and was thinking how to name my drama I'll definitely try to find another more "fresh" words, at least to show, as you've mentioned,  - that I can be more creative than anyone else, hehe:D

It's the name of the original novel, right? And what does it mean,  if I may ask?

I'm the opposite of you, I've only watched like 1/4 of the titles there! Lol...

浮图缘 - Floating on an Edge? 

Fu - Float 

Tu - Map/Picture

Yuan - Edge

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wuzetian said:

浮图缘 - Floating on an Edge? 

Fu - Float 

Tu - Map/Picture

Yuan - Edge

Thanks! Wow, IMO that would be a great title:). And pretty much reflect the essence of the drama,  at least from what I've understood from the synopsis, right? 

• Blob 1

Congrats FTY!

CTO

5 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Thanks! Wow, IMO that would be a great title:). And pretty much reflect the essence of the drama,  at least from what I've understood from the synopsis, right? 

Yea...But just dont understand them why they must have "LOVE" in every title as if we dont know there's romance in it...Why cant they just have a contest for English titles? Easy and great way to promote the drama...Floating on an Edge does sound precarious right? 

@rocher22 The Unchained... ? I still cant register the title...Lol...Forbidden Love is still ok...Coz being an eunuch, fake or not, never to be in love anyone...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Unchained Love formerly known as Forbidden Love 浮图缘 starring Dylan Wang & Yukee Chen
8 hours ago, leo2020 said:

I agree.

Floating on the Edge sounds very trendy and action-y.

Hahaha! We should be producers!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Yea...But just dont understand them why they must have "LOVE" in every title as if we dont know there's romance in it...Why cant they just have a contest for English titles? Easy and great way to promote the drama...Floating on an Edge does sound precarious right? 

I suppose they are trying to target specific type of audience, who would be attracted by that word in the title, since it 100% guarantees that you'll be watching a love story:wub:

I mean, at first sight "Floating on an Edge" won't guarantee that))). 

23 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

I agree.

Floating on the Edge sounds very trendy and action-y.

Hahaha! We should be producers!!

:happydance:Hahaha, great idea))). 

• Awesome 1

The immense influx of people waiting for this to air is due mainly to Wang He DI, IMO.

He's so fresh off CLJ and here he is with another bad guy with a soft heart (?) character. 

Or maybe misunderstood bad boy with a birth secret?

• Like 2

The producers should just stick to the translated Chinese title. It sounds more intriguing. I wonder how much romance is in the novel. I read on MDL that this director doesn't have a good reputation. Fu Tu Yuan seems to have a decent budget so I hope the directing and writing will hold.

Xiao Duo on a date (?) bts
008vo3l-Vgy1h7oayak46bj30u019010a.jpg

credit: tagged

• Like 1

I rather they air this later since I'm over CLJ yet. Maybe I won't be for the rest of the year, so they can air this any time next year x)

A few more bts pics

005-EXDD2gy1h7pfutmkowj30u01hc0wt.jpg

6d9168e9gy1h7pdo71jkrj20u01bwq8w.jpg
007b-Iec-Kly1h7phnhhhycj30u01hbacv.jpg

Spoiler

007b-Iec-Kly1h7phnie4c0j30n019wdkx.jpg007v-XXf-Egy1h7phgorrhlj30u0190n2h.jpg

Edited by SC2019
Please put 4th image/video onwards into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I agree that they can take their sweet time perfecting this drama before airing it.

I am looking forward to this though so I hope they edit and present it well. 

I am still hung up on LBFaD and I don't think I can appreciate WHD with another female lead as of yet. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...Imagine this version is Dong Fang Qing Cang breaking hell's rules...

CTO

On 11/15/2022 at 9:12 PM, ElleSor said:

Yes, I agree that they can take their sweet time perfecting this drama before airing it.

I am looking forward to this though so I hope they edit and present it well. 

I am still hung up on LBFaD and I don't think I can appreciate WHD with another female lead as of yet. 

Same a bit hard for me to watch another romance drama at the moment...So I can only watch another genre...

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Wow...Imagine this version is Dong Fang Qing Cang breaking hell's rules...

My level of expectation just went up a notch! I hope for more story and action than romance.

Not sure if this is true, but if it is then it'll be another 3 way battle. I'll check out one of them because I like a supporting cast.

credit: owner

@cloud9 I think it may not. No station would want such fierce competition not unless they all got approved and given the same slot for screening...Perhaps then may not be a choice...Guess they will be scrambling for advertisers and sponsors also...Me...I will only watch FTY coz not keen on the other 2...Lol...Saves my brain from picking...

Took me so long to find something new...

CTO

• Like 1

I haven't seen Dylan do any real martial arts yet so I'm really anticipating it!

@Elenor ShawI second @Wuzetian's recommendation to try out Love Between Fairy and Devil too, if you're a fan of epic romance dramas ^^

On 11/29/2022 at 8:50 AM, Wuzetian said:

Took me so long to find something new...

I couldn't find much either, so just Yukee for now =D

0074e-Yv9ly1h8or5stsxuj30u01hcdji.jpg

• Like 2