[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022/2023] Unchained Love 浮图缘

SC2019

all those deleted scenes are passionate and without them the drama is incomplete.

But, ok..thats how it is...   

behind the scene..    :wub:

ep 22

our heroine doesnt waste time in the palace... smart girl..   

He went through a lot to become Chief Xiao...  

• Like 2

ep 23

Dylan looked so handsome in this episode.

Especially in the scene when they were riding through the town.

The scene in the Deer's Reed Pavilion...wow...the both actors were extraordinary..  :approves:

I loved his calm voice  even when her words was sharper than his sword. 

I like the fine mental fight between Chief Xiao and the Emperor... 

The duo, Cao and Qiling, always made me laugh..  :D

I suppose this is a deleted scene...  :fullofhearts:

• Like 1

Ep. 25 onwards :

Oh my, the Emperor is crazy! Even his eunuch, Sun Tai Qing, was stunned at his cruelty. Poor cousin, taking the blame for XD. How he survived that knife twisting stabbing is incredible!

The former Empress is also crazy - why she loves XD is ridiculous. Just because he is handsome? Why go against him when she knows all too well how much power he wields in the palace?

BYL’s maid is also ‘crazy’. First thing she should have done when the former Empress blackmailed her was to go to XD! 

Suddenly, XD was seen with a cut on his lip. Was it shown how he got it? Cuts, cuts cuts …

• Like 1

ep 28 was so exciting...

Loved the scenes between XD and the Empress, especially the  hairpin scene. 

So the killer is Lord Bu. That is  another obstacle for our couple.  

I suppose the secret passage will have some other purpose than just for XD to get to YL's room easily.

The married couple is so cute...:D

The Emperor didnt see the real threat...He obviously just wanted to get rid of Xiao Duo.

I liked that Yinlou tried to warn the Emperor and didnt leave him alone. 

Loved the scene when XD hugged YL after the Emperor left the room.. ep 29

Yinlou - ''take me away''

Xiao Duo - ''Okay''.    :wub:

FmpTGaVWYAAQS-d?format=jpg&name=360x360

FmpTG2eXgAACq2K?format=jpg&name=360x360

This drama was weird. I keep forgetting it isn't a fantasy (there is no magic), because parts of it require a lot of suspension of disbelief. 

I liked the leads. I initially watched it after Love Between Fairy and Devil and enjoyed Dylan Wang's performance. (This drama was filmed first though, right?) The female lead is older than he is in real life and I felt it in the drama as well, but I also happened to like her character. She was in an impossible situation in an impossible life and yet she stayed true to herself and always fought for as much freedom as possible. Oh, and I know that Chinese dramas are dubbed, so the voice you hear is usually not the voice of the actor you see. But I liked what they did for Dylan's voice, it was often really quiet and I felt like it added to the character of Xiao Duo. I liked WanWan as well, she should have become the empress, seriously. She was the only sane one in the entire family.

What was weird: ummm a lot of it, lol. The tone was just strange. There would be these really horrific things happening, like the harem being told to hang themselves after the death of the emperor, or various creepy men trying to assault women, only it was sort of glossed over and everything was lighthearted, etc. And maybe they purposely didn't want it to be too heavy or make China look bad or something. (But you know--in the Olden Days everywhere, times were hard, not just in China. We can all just be glad we don't live back then!) There were things that seriously strained belief, like ummm walking through a massive set of doors that were on fire and not singeing your clothes or really being affected at all. There were the cuts that were never smoothed over, with references to scenes we never actually saw. I get it, the censors, but it would have been nice if they'd been able to sand off the edges a bit. The ending was a bit anticlimactic? But hey, at least they escaped (probably). 

yay...happy ending..    :yay:

I like that XD threw his sword into that fire and also his hat at the end.

The Emperor is a tragic character. He realized too late that he was happy only with his lanterns.

WanWan has all the qualities of an Empress.  

Liked the bromance.. XD, Cao, Qilang and the prince Yunwan...   :D

that was magic scene..  but I liked that XD was just quietly watching those lanterns and the Fu Tu tower.

• Like 1

The drama began with the Fu Tu tower and ended with the tower being destroyed.

XD walked through the burning door...it was unreal...but I think when they ran out that means

they walked through the fire to be free.

I like the symbolism.  

Oh, so true...the names of the pavilions are an interesting part...so funny...  :D

new poster

Fm9fWAIaEAATcvF?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1

The opera scene...

Yinlou was scared and ashamed in this scene.

I assume the  emperors in the ancient times were extremely distrustful and they were obsessed 

with the fact that there was always some conspiracy against them. 

This actor (the Emperor) portrayed it perfectly...