[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022/2023] Unchained Love 浮图缘

SC2019

6 episodes in, and I'm really struggling. T-T

As captivating as WHD's performance is, everytime I see the female lead and/or her maid I just feel the irresistable urge to skip. :( Yukee's acting leaves so much to be desired. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I love all the subtle details..    :fullofhearts:

how he played with her hair

the way YL quickly turned around and hugged him tightly

and finally their hands found each other...    

the morning scene in front of XD's room was amusing..

Yinlou calmly walked out and XIao gave her the clothes. 

Cao and TY were speechless...    :loolz:

That Pavilion is their home...    

The Pavilion is more entertaining place then the palace. :D

Yinlou is so hilarious...  I just like how she orders everyone and even Qilang is a little afraid of her. 

I didnt understand if XD was a servant in the Duo family and then he took their name or he took 

his brother's identity.   :unsure:

Anyway, Im glad YL realized  there was a story behind it.

The Three Musketeers...   :D

This contains an image of:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, galea said:

As captivating as WHD's performance is, everytime I see the female lead and/or her maid I just feel the irresistable urge to skip. :( Yukee's acting leaves so much to be desired. 

I feel like the voice dubbing for YL does not match her character, like it is a bit too deep and loud. Not sure if it is Chen Yu Qi herself doing the dubbing or someone else. The dubber for XD sounds like the same person who dubbed Ye Hua. Whenever I happen to turn away from the screen, I hear Ye Hua and want to watch TMOPB again … haha …

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt understand if XD was a servant in the Duo family and then he took their name or he took his brother's identity.   :unsure:

XD was his twin brother. They both came to the capital to find work after their parents died in the locusts plague. XD entered the palace to work as a eunuch and was somehow killed by Nan Yuan Wang. The current ‘XD’ impersonated his brother to enter the palace to investigate and avenge his brother’s death. 

• Thanks 1

Yinlou - '' stand up..take it off..''

Chief Xiao was confused.

But still, like every man, he started to remove the belt, without too much thinking''.    :hahah!:

Chief Xiao - ''dont do it again... I have  money''...  that is true love...   :approves:

one of my fav scenes...   :heart:

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Unchained Love, premiered 27 Dec, 浮图缘 starring Dylan Wang & Yukee Chen

What I love most about this couple is that they are both SMART. Like, there's not a lot of bumbling around in the dark, wondering what is going on. They both catch on to what the other one is trying to say/do/not say, etc. and can just run with it. You really feel their teamwork and tandem. It's really awful to think that both of them are under the power of this increasingly unstable emperor. The closer they get to each other, the more in danger they are. (And that is of course the tension that drives the drama.)

I know they've sort of glossed over the harder realities in a lighthearted way, but the drama also makes me realize just how hard a life so many people in history have had. I hate her half sister for how she treated YL, but at the same time, gosh, what a horrible fate, to be shipped off to be a concubine for that horrible abusive prince. You know? And there's really no escape. 

• Like 1