Autumn is here! Bonus: Vote for the most anticipated upcoming dramas

confusedheart

Favourite things to do in Autumn (Choose as many as you want)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite things to do in Autumn (Choose as many as you want)

• Go apple picking
    • Bake an apple or pumpkin pie
    • Drink hot spiced apple cider by the fireplace
    • Throw a Halloween party
    • Tour a Winery or Brewery
    • Roast Marshmallows and Make S'mores
    • Decorate Your Porch with Fall Flair
    • Jump in a Huge Pile of Leaves
    • Carve Pumpkins
    • Get ahead on your holiday shopping
    • Go to a Football Game
    • Take an evening stroll to collect leaves
    • Visit a Pumpkin Patch
    • Rake up crunchy leaves then dive in
    • Pick up a new book to enjoy this season
    • Get Lost in a Corn Maze
    • Go on a Camping Trip
    • Go to a Farmer's Market
    • Watch Korean Dramas
    • None of the above. / Anything else. (Please comment)
  2. 2. K-Dramas to watch this autumn (Choose as many as you want)

• Three Bold Siblings (Lee Ha Na, Lim Ju Hwan)
    • Bad Prosecutor (Do Kyung Soo, Lee Se Hee)
    • The Golden Spoon (Yook Sung Jae, Lee Jong Won, Jung Chae Yun, Yeon Woo)
    • One Hundred Won Butler / May I Help You (Hye Ri, Lee Joon Young)
    • One Dollar Lawyer (Nam Goong Min, Kim Ji Eun)
    • Cheer Up (Han Ji Hyun, Bae In Hyuk)
    • The First Responders (Kim Rae Won, Son Ho Joon)
    • Mental Coach Jegal (Jung Woo, Lee Yoo Mi)
    • Blind (Ok Taecyeon, Ha Suk Jin, Jung Eun Ji)
    • Love in Contract (Park Min Young, Go Kyung Pyo, Kim Jae Young)
    • The Empire of Law (Kim Sun Ah, Ahn Jae Wook)
    • Curtain Call (Ha Ji Won, Kang Ha Neul)
    • The Queen's Umbrella (Kim Hye Soo. Kim Hae Sook, Choi Won Young)
    • Call My Agent! (Lee Seo Jin, Kwak Sun Young)
    • Gaus Electronics (Kwak Dong Yeon, Kang Min Ah, Go Sung Hee, Bae Hyun Sung)
    • The Youngest Son of a Conglomerate (Song Joong Ki, Shin Hyun Bin, Lee Sung Min)
    • Beyond the Memory (Yonder) (Shin Ha Kyun, Han Ji Min)
    • Glitch (Nana, Jeon Yeo Bin)
    • May It Please the Court (Jung Ryeo Won, Lee Kyu Hyung)
  3. 3. Favourite Classic Autumn Movies (Choose as many as you want)

• When Harry Met Sally
    • Autumn in New York
    • You've Got Mail
    • October Sky
    • Sweet November
    • Sweet Home Alabama
    • Stepmom
    • Hocus Pocus
    • The Lake House
    • Autumn Sonata
    • Fantastic Mr. Fox
    • St. Elmo's Fire
    • Good Will Hunting

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2022 at 06:30 PM

Its still late summer here in my country. 

The sky is pure blue with white clouds and even the Danube was blue this morning.

The leaves on the trees by the river are still shimmering in all shades of green.

Although the sun is warm, the wind feels cool and autumn will surely arrive in a few days. 

K - dramas to watch..     :D

- Understanding of Love

- Snow White Must Die

- Into Your Time

- You, Whom I Met By Chance

My book choice for this autumn...

The Far Pavilions - Wikipedia

I accidentally came across an old English movie ''The Far Pavilions''.

And then I read the movie was based on the book. 

THE FAR PAVILIONS" (1984) Review - Rosiepowell2000's blog

The Far Pavilions' Set For Epic 30-Hour, $150M UK/India Remake – Deadline

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

13 hours ago, confusedheart said:

@willenette I also have a thing for men with cleft chin. :love:

@confusedheart  ohhh...........it seems that we have the same taste - hahaha - I also like men with cleft chin, or any person for that matter. (like Ben Affleck - hahaha)But, do you know that women with cleft chins are slightly less

common than men with cleft chins. They say that cleft chin, can be hereditary.   :wut:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

@confusedheart - oh yes, you shouldn't miss out this Elvis movie if you have time, I read somewhere from different websites that given this movie with high rating.

I'm delighted to see the movie offering to directly showcase the black artist that Elvis was inspired by. They shown a direct connection between the black community and himself during his younger days when he came from a poor family, so there's no doubt where his inspiration came from. Bravo. Overall, it's a truly unique narration of such a cultural icon, and I would applaud it for grabbing my attention more than any other. But seriously, in my opinion, the shining stars of this movie are Austin and Tom Hank. The relationship between Elvis and his Manager. Austin did a fantastic job because he portrayed it very realistically.

As mentioned early, I was not a big fan of Elvis Presley, probably because of the different era, but we would feel sad and sorry for Elvis' career life ended so early because of his drugs addictive (died of age 42). Do you know after watching this movie, I started to look out some resources from youtube , the interview with Elvis ex-wife and all about Elvis hit songs and his previous old movies....:D

Many popular celebrities who have died early as a result of substance (drugs) addiction., just to name a few

1. Elvis Presley
  2. Michael Jackson
  3. Whitney Houston
  4. Heath Ledger
  5. Philip Seymour Hoffman

According to American Psychological Association reported that people who addicted for drugs are due to persistent stress, peer pressure, and grieving After Loss, etc. The more famous we are or the higher the goals we set, the further away we are from a healthy lifestyle, unless we can calibrate our work-life balance well. So lucky....i am not famous....hahaha:issohappy:

• Love 3
  • Blob 1

thank @confusedheart for leading me onto this thread :biubiu:

btw, I have never experienced autumn in my country, because of it has always been summer everyday the whole year hahaha..

ok, for this September, I am very busy at work sometimes feel like I am dying hahaha this is why I am rarely coming in here because of this hectic situation,

and also preparing 2 birthday parties for my boys. 1st boy was born on September and 2nd baby was born on October ^_*.. I am busy with making appointment with food catering, ordering balloons and birthday decorations from shopee, choosing birthday cakes that will be suitable with my babies birthday theme (1st son = dinosaurus theme and 2nd baby teddy bear theme).. oh ya also shopping for our clothes,  oh ya also ordering birthday invitation card, choosing template and writing the words for the card.. making guests list, and everything in between.. I.am.busy.and.dying.soon :rip:

For kdrama that I watch, I can only watch The Little Women kdrama now, this month..

Oh ya another favorite thing for me this month is to playing tent with my 1st son in the corner of my bedroom with bedsheet. hahaha

btw thanks again, and see you around <3

P.S. I could not focus typing because of this little young boy is busy kissing my hands legs cheeks, how to focus and thinking what will I type. HAHAHA

:fullofhearts:

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

On 9/13/2022 at 10:58 PM, rocher22 said:

The sky is pure blue with white clouds and even the Danube was blue this morning.

The leaves on the trees by the river are still shimmering in all shades of green.

Although the sun is warm, the wind feels cool and autumn will surely arrive in a few days. 

You painted such a lovely picture. Dreamy! 

On 9/13/2022 at 10:58 PM, rocher22 said:

I accidentally came across an old English movie ''The Far Pavilions''.

And then I read the movie was based on the book. 

It reminds me a bit of The English Patient.  Have you watched it, chingu?

On 9/14/2022 at 11:24 AM, willenette said:

They say that cleft chin, can be hereditary. 

Wow really? I had no idea. It certainly makes some men look even more handsome. Can't recall any female famous personality with a chin cleft. 

On 9/14/2022 at 11:25 AM, lebeaucouple said:

Many popular celebrities who have died early as a result of substance (drugs) addiction., just to name a few

Tragic! How a young life is snubbed out so before it's time.  Fame , all that glitz and glamour has spelled doom for so many. Another such legend who left us rather too soon was Freddie Mercury.

On 9/14/2022 at 8:28 PM, Gumiho said:

and also preparing 2 birthday parties for my boys. 1st boy was born on September and 2nd baby was born on October ^_*..

Aww... isn't that simply adorable! How old are they turning chingu? 

• Love 2
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Wow really? I had no idea. It certainly makes some men look even more handsome. Can't recall any female famous personality with a chin cleft. 

@confusedheart  me too, can't recall any female famous personality with a cleft chin/dimple on chin. But, take a moment and admire how CUTE Jungkook's chin is…   :cutekitty:

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

Oops, sorry to be late @confusedheart and @partyon for the event, but thanks for tagging. :)

Uhm, I'm not exactly planning what autumn activities I'd be participating on, but I'm looking forward to pumpkin spice latte, LOL. Real life, it would be my gremlins being part of their school concert (yet again, LOL), and the birthday of my niece here in the sandpit.

Of course, more books to read, hahaha,and throw in some manga, manhwa, and manhuas with gorgeous illustrations.

Any Keanu movies would be good, hehehe. But I'm also looking forward to the new Hocus Pocus 2 movie, since the 1st was a favourite. Watching the classic St Elmo's Fire would be good too, cos I love the theme music. 

• Love 2

So, what is our favourite activity this autumn? 

The community has spoken! We Watch Korean Dramas- 38 votes :eats: Our community does love K-dramas, not that we needed a poll to prove it. :D

DRAMAWEEN2020: fall aesthetics

Second most popular activity this autumn seems to be Go to a Farmer's Market -15 votes :yay:

And there is a tie  among three choices here -  Bake an apple or pumpkin pie / Get ahead on your holiday shopping / Pick up a new book to enjoy this season -14 votes. :coolshades:

Now as far as the most anticipated K-drama of the season, no surprises there- 

'The Youngest Son of a Conglomerate' (Song Joong Ki, Shin Hyun Bin, Lee Sung Min) with a whooping 23 votes! SJK still has a lot of fans. :Pandabulous:

Song Joong Ki GIFs | Tenor

Next we have 'Love in Contract' (Park Min Young, Go Kyung Pyo, Kim Jae Young) with 20 votes. :biubiu:

And,  'The Queen's Umbrella' (Kim Hye Soo. Kim Hae Sook, Choi Won Young) with 18 votes. :hooray:

animated gif – KDrama Fandom

We have proven ourselves to be incorrigible romantics who absolutely love and adore ' You've Got Mail' ( 18 votes) 

You've Got Mail! | RomanceEternal

The Lake House, we love Keanu Reeves ( 16 votes) and finally, we have Sweet Home Alabama with 13 votes.

Because no one can resist Keanu Reeves, and definitely not puppies. :fullofhearts:

Thank you chingus for participating in the event. :kiss_wink:

Do look forward to another exciting event. :issohappy:

Don't forget to get in touch with the EO Team if you have an idea for an event / Quick Poll. 
Re: Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team :cheers:

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Blob 3

I didn't see the Lake House but I did see Bill and Ted's Excellent adventures. :joy:
I know, I know it's low thinking. It must have been all that 'smoke' in the California air that made students go a bit haywire. 
Just to let people know, I don't like how Mr Reeves looks now. 

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1