Details:

Cast:

Chen Fang Tong as Dong Xin Yao

Dai Gao Zheng as Fang Tian Yi

Vincent Wei as Fang Yu Ze

Dong Yan as Ji Ming Yue

Hu Xi Fan as General Liu

Synopsis:

After the fall of the Dong family, Dong Xin Yao seeks refuge at her fiance, Fang Yu Ze's home. Dong Xin Yao becomes a maid at the Fang residence, serving warlord Fang Tian Yi, the man who killed her father. Unbeknownst to Xin Yao, the true culprit is still at large as she struggles with the affection from Fang Tian Yi and Fang Yu Ze, prolonging her plans for revenge. (Source: DramaWiki)

Preview:

OST

coming soon

This drama is very good.  Initially got a bit of lakorn vibes, but since its only 10 minutes per episode everything gets reconciled immediately.  The ML is so hot and the chemistry between him and the FL is so good.  

Thanks!  @pad-hari.  I was wondering why there is No Thread for such a Good Drama.  How are you?  How come I don't see you joining in the Discussions nowadays?.

This is a Great Drama.  Much better and interesting than a lot of the dramas out there now.

The only drawback is the Short Duration - about 13 minutes per episode.  They should have made it Regular - the usual 45 mins.  The Plot is interesting.  The Male Lead is doing well.  He managed to get my Sympathy despite acting "Macho".  Everyday I wait for the New Episodes.

I normally skip Short Dramas.  But this is An Exception.  

China should "do away" with Short Dramas.  It is not a good idea.

• Love 1

Seeing a lot of similarities to many other c-dramas of the same era. It's all very familiar. Still it's fairly watchable LoL.

Most times, these web dramas are very cringeworthy with little to no logic in plot direction. 

The leads have chemistry and it appears the ml is some kind of misunderstood anti-hero, while second male lead come off as two-faced(?) 

Watched through 10 ep. as it was all under 15m ha-ha. With 3-4 ep. raw even but still not hard to follow.

I just finished Eps 11 & 12.  Wow.  The eps came in very early. 

Spoiler

Ep 11:

The FL has not realised  the Truth yet.  She is so stupid.  Still trying to Sabotage the ML - Fang Tian Yi.   FTY should have told her the Truth.  At least Tian Yi's assistant should have.

FTY knows his Nephew, Fang Yu Ze is not what he seems.  But he did not know that he was the one who wiped out the FL's Family.  

Ep 12:

ML - Fang Tian Yi was shot.  I believe Yu Ze has something to do with it.  Yu Ze was such a Coward.  He hid himself and FTY's fiancee in the Car.  While ML, Fang Tian Yi and his men battle it out with the Assasins, all the while shielding the FL.

I hope the FL will find out the Truth by Ep 13.  Afterall there are only 30 eps.

Actor Dai Gao Zheng (Male Lead) is so Sexy.   And only 26 years' old.  This is the first time I have heard about and seen him.  Where has he been hiding all these while?  :w00t:

• Wiggle 1

@hush puppypre-occupied with things in RL.  Just logged in to see if there is a thread for this drama, unfortunately there was not.  so started one.  This drama is ok as the duration is less and easy to watch.  It airs actually mid-day 12pm China time.  so the episodes are being released very early during the day unlike the other dramas.  If we see the profile of the ML, it seems he had a role in WRTW.  MDL is full of roars of his physique and handsomeness lol.   The nephew is sly to the core and hope the misunderstandings between the leads gets resolved atleast the half way mark around ep.15.

• Love 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Maid's Revenge 千金丫环, premiered Sept 8, starring Chen Fang Tong & Dai Gao Zheng
1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

@hush puppypre-occupied with things in RL.  Just logged in to see if there is a thread for this drama, unfortunately there was not.  so started one.  This drama is ok as the duration is less and easy to watch.  It airs actually mid-day 12pm China time.  so the episodes are being released very early during the day unlike the other dramas.  If we see the profile of the ML, it seems he had a role in WRTW.  MDL is full of roars of his physique and handsomeness lol.   The nephew is sly to the core and hope the misunderstandings between the leads gets resolved atleast the half way mark around ep.15.

@pad-hari  I miss you.  

"The Nephew is sly to the core...."  That is why he is very Matching with the FL's half-sister.  But now the Half-Sister is ousted.  I think they will switch Partners.  The Nephew, Yu Ze gets together with the ML Fang Tian Yi's Fiancee.  While the FL Xin Yao will finally fall for Fang Tian Yi.

(Just A Guess) :lol:

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

The Nephew, Yu Ze gets together with the ML Fang Tian Yi's Fiancee

But in the opening music score don't we see the nephew with the half sister.  When both of them ask for FL's hand she takes tianyi's isn't it? And the half sister goes by nephew's side.  just my interpretation. 

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

miss you. 

Me too:heartxoxo:

• pad-hari changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Maid's Revenge 千金丫环, premiered Sept 8, starring Chen Fang Tong & Dai Gao Zheng
On 9/13/2022 at 1:18 AM, pad-hari said:

But in the opening music score don't we see the nephew with the half sister.  When both of them ask for FL's hand she takes tianyi's isn't it? And the half sister goes by nephew's side.  just my interpretation. 

Hi  @pad-hari,  That is why I said (Just A Guess).  I also don't know for sure.

I saw that Opening Scene too.  Maybe the FL - Dong Xin Yao's half-sister came back to Yu Ze (the Nephew) later.  As I've said they are 2 Of A Kind.  So you could be Right.

Actually Dong Xin Yao did Not remember correctly.  The Boy from her Memory is Fang Tian Yi.  Not Yu Ze.  

Ep 13

Spoiler

Fang Tian Yi still did not tell the FL Dong Xin Yao that he is Not the Murderer.  His Silly assistant also did Not spill the beans.  Real silly.  If I were FTY's assistant, I would have told DXY already.  After all Fang Tian Yi nearly died for her.

Ep 14

Spoiler

Fang Tian Yi woke up to find the Female Lead Dong Xin Yao by his bedside.  She kept Vigil the entire night. 

From the conversations between the Doctor and FTY's assistant, it is clear that the Gun-Fight which happened the night before was organised by his Nephew - Yu Ze.  And Yu Ze was also responsible for the Massacre of Dong Xin Yao's family.

But Fang Tian Yi was sentimental.  After all he and Yu Ze grew up together.  He wants to be thoroughly sure before taking actions. (To give us More Drama & Suspense :w00t:)

Fang Tian Yi's Strategy is wrong.  He should have told Xin Yao the Truth.  At least that he was not the Murderer.  (Again - to give us More Drama & Suspense)

One thing I'm confused.  Perhaps @pad-hari you can help enlighten me.  How come the FL - Xin Yao's Family - Servants and all,  were killed right in front of Fang Tian Yi's Villa.  It is like Fang Tian Yi's Villa is inside Xin Yao's Family Compound.

:crazymad:

Interesting Tit-Bits:

The Female Lead's name -  Dong Xin Yao  means:   "Confused".    "Xin" mean "Heart".  :heart:

"Yao" mean  "Shook". :fun:  

So literally it means Her Heart Moves.  Meaning she was moved by the Male Lead Fang Tian Yi's Devotion to her.  She is beginning to have "Feelings" for him.

That is the Interesting Aspect about the Chinese Language - Mandarin.  Every Word has a Meaning. :blush:

Corrections:

According to the Drama, the Female Lead's name is Dong Ting Yao.  NOT Dong Xin Yao as stated in the Synopsis here.

"Ting" means "Listen"     

"Yao" (here) means  "Precious Jade". 

So her name means "Listen To The Jade".  They both gave her A Jade for the Bethrothal.  So she has to Listen to the Right Jade :blush:

Edited on 14 September 2022

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Perhaps @pad-hari you can help enlighten me.  How come the FL - Xin Yao's Family - Servants and all,  were killed right in front of Fang Tian Yi's Villa.  It is like Fang Tian Yi's Villa is inside Xin Yao's Family Compound.

I have yet to see today's episodes if this part is shown today.  Thanks for the brief recap of the episodes. 

I just watched Eps 15 & 16.

Ep 15:

Spoiler

1) So the previous ambush was arranged by Fang Tian Yi's silly Fiancee to kill off the Female Lead - Dong Ding Yao.  She was assisted by the Nephew - Yu Ze.

2) Tian Yi confronted and warned his Fiancee.

3) The Original Bethrothal was between ML-Ding Yao &  FL-Tian Yi.  But Yu Ze's mother managed to persuade Tian Yi's mother to give it to her Son, Yu Ze instead.  So Yu Ze's mother may not be a good person either.

4) Ding Yao is beginning to Warm Up to Tian Yi. Tian Yi gave her his Jade as a Bethrothal.  (So according to Ding Yao's name,  she should Listen to This Jade). :w00t:

Ep 16:

Spoiler

1) Ding Yao's half sister is pregnant with Yu Ze's baby.  Because at first he thought she was his fiancee. 

2) Yu Ze made her abort it.  But that smart girl pretended to be Crazy.  At least that is what I think she is doing.

• Thanks 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Maid's Revenge 千金丫环, premiered Sept 8, starring Chen Fang Tong & Dai Gao Zheng

BTS.  they are cute.  I saw it was in eng sub but it's not

Cr: as tagged

@hush puppycan you summarize what they are conversing about?  Thanks

ep. 19-20 I think it got leaked.  Omg!!  the push and pull between the leads esp, the FL she is so immatured. 

https://twitter.com/Ramona63640338/status/1570103041428275201?s=20&t=uAuoaeMg0etFZ2-G8AxWjQ

• Love 1

@pad-hari it's the actress from Decreed by Fate - no wonder you are enjoying it. There are subtitles out now (not for the drama scenes) when they explain what is going on (though I wonder if they are AI subs, the questions by the host are not translated but their answers are roughly there, meaning not 100% accurate). Can you see it?

• Like 2

Dear  @pad-hari  Which one do you want me to translate?

The Video Clip?  But there are English subtitles already.  As for the Drama Scenes, they are from past episodes.  So you could have seen them with Eng Subs already right?

Or the Ep 19-20 from Twitter? :crazymad:     :blush:

So it seems they reconciled in Ep 19.  Fang Tian Yi's Lieutenant finally told Dong Ting Yao the Truth.

P/S: Note both the ML and FL have the same Second & Last Name Initials   Fang Tian Yi   and   Dong Ting Yao

• Love 2

Omg!!! What a turn of event!! :cries:

Spoiler

What the hell did yuze did to tianyao?? So sad.  I want the nephew to have horrible death.  The lieutenant should have told tianyi about his conversation with tianyao.  Now I feel if he is also yuze's man like maid chen??? The trailer for tomorrow's episode is even more sad.  Why-o-why I have a feeling it is going to have bad ending!!!!!