[Drama 2023] The Bait/ Decoy ☘️ 미끼 ✦ Jang Keun Suk/ Heo Sung-Tae/ Lee Elijah

kata48

[News] 'Decoy/Bait' Jang Keun Suk, hot-blooded detective character 'perfect absorption'... irreplaceable acting skills
Jang Keun Suk played passionately in the hot- blooded detective 'Gu Do-han'.
In the 3rd and 4th episodes of the Coupang play series 'Decoy', which was released on the 3rd, Jang Keun-suk showed a bold performance as the character of 'Gu Do-han', a hot-blooded detective who tracks down the true culprit of a serial murder case that fell into a labyrinth.

In episode 3, after Song Young-jin (Park Myung-hoon) and then city councilor Park Gwang-shin (Park Wan-gyu) died, questions surrounding Noh Sang-cheon (Heo Seong-tae) spread in waves.

Gu Do-han was furious that Lee Byung-joon (Lee Seung-jun) and his helper Cheon Na-yeon (Lee Elijah) were intentionally confusing the investigation by pretending to be the culprits of this murder. In the process of interrogating Lee Byung-jun and Cheon Na-yeon, Gu Do-han raised the dramatic tension by engaging in a tense battle of nerves.

Afterwards, Gu Do-han visited Kang Jong-hoon (Lee Seong-wook) and strongly appealed to him to find the real culprit, and felt suspicious of Kang Jong-hoon's attitude of trying to conclude Lee Byung-joon as the culprit. Jang Keun-suk expressed in detail the various emotions felt by the character who was rescued, from the expression of anger to solve the case to the desperate.

a08f46f870ce4c40bf53759e0047b623.jpg

Jang Keun-suk's dark eyes and deep voice also influenced the flow of the play. Gu Do-han headed to Gyeongcheon-si to get information about the first victim of the serial murder case, a woman.

After persistent tracking, Gu Do-han found Kang Jong-hoon in the photos of unidentified people who visited the officetel before and after the crime was estimated. In response, Gu Do-han visited Kang Jong-hoon and questioned him, and made it exciting by strangely leading the flow of the incident.

In the 4th episode, the truth of the victim of the first murder case, which was not revealed in the previous broadcast, was revealed and shocked. The mysterious victim was none other than Jung So-ram (played by Oh Yeon-ah), who had fled with Noh Sang-cheon.

Gu Do-han went to Kang Jong-hoon and pushed his picture taken on CCTV when he visited Jeong So-ram's officetel, and even made up a false story, mentioning that Kang Jong-hoon lied that he got a hint about the victim through Lee Byung-jun. Efforts were made to uncover the truth of the case.

In particular, Gu Do-han persistently dug into the matter, saying that there must be something else between Na-yeon Cheon and the victims' group, not simply to interfere with the police investigation. In the unpredictable development, Jang Keun Suk perfectly melted into the rescued person and gave him a thrill that made his hands sweat.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=410&aid=0000921320

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/6/2023 at 3:11 AM, partyon said:

My main gripe with this drama is that it's sooooo dark in most scenes. People, please turn on the lights!

Mask Dark GIF by The Black Phone

Sometimes, it just better in the dark!

@joccu @partyon

I'm only at Ep2...have no time to watch the rest yet. But I will on the weekend!

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 2/5/2023 at 7:08 AM, partyon said:

@ktcjdrama @TheaN @CarolynH @agenth @lilyphenix @frozentundra @ferily are you by any chance watching this drama? (tagging you guys because I feel like you also watch thrillers from time to time).

Thanks for the invite.  I do like thrillers and this one is on my watchlist.  Unfortunately I rarely watch dramas week-to-week.  I like to binge when they are completed.  I may have a few comments when I finish.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/7/2023 at 8:12 AM, joccu said:

@rocat  True sometimes it is better in the dark.   :heart:

I'm so glad I know what we're talking about here! :surprisedwut: :lol:

I'm hooked on this drama and can't wait for episode 5 and 6. Sad that there will be a break, but glad the actors get to rest a bit (i hope). @partyon, can't thank you enough!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

[News] Jang Keun Suk's 'Bait' viewership increased by 70%, "word of mouth really exploded"
Coupang Play's first ambitious work in 2023, the crime thriller'Bait', recorded a 70% vertical rise in viewership over the first week of release last weekend.

'Bait' is a crime thriller that traces the secrets surrounding the murder case eight years after the death of the criminal of the biggest fraud case in history, when he is identified as a murder case.

Episodes 3 and 4 of 'The Bait', which were released last Friday (3rd), deal heavily with the warrior of 'Noh Sang-cheon' (Heo Seong-tae), who turned from a fraud victim to an assailant, while the relationship between the three victims of the serial murder case and the investigation after the start of the investigation. The rich narrative, such as the hidden past of 'Kang Jong-hoon' (Lee Seong-wook), who had been dubious throughout, was drawn in an attractive way.

38e9953aed00b0403dfffed8e177b2b8.jpg

Also, while continuing the investigation, ‘Gu Do-han (Jang Keun Suk)’ is shocked to realize that the victims of the Noh Sang-cheon fraud case received text messages warning of murder but were aiding and abetting them. In addition, they intuit that there is someone other than Noh Sang-cheon behind the serial killings that are committed according to the list of 'Noh Sang-cheon's group and bystanders'. The identity of the murderer who slowly takes off the veil, and the secret between the murder case and the Noh Sang-cheon case, will be revealed through episodes 5 and 6 of Coupang Play this Friday (10th).

After the 3rd and 4th episodes were released, Coupang Play and various online communities said, "It's a work that has no regrets in every way", "It's the most fun of recent dramas", "I feel like I'm out of breath while watching episode 4", "I'm so curious about the development. Who is the culprit?", "I wish the preview for episodes 5 and 6 came out sooner!! Rather than that, it's already true that part 1 will end this week??", "A well-made genre that I haven't seen in a really long time", "Mind hunter-level perfection", " The screen directing and music are especially good", "Jang Keun Suk seems to have chosen the work really well, and Heo Seong-tae's acting method", "Heo Seong-tae is an actor I've seen again", and so on.

Episodes 5 and 6 will be released at 8:00 PM this Friday, ending Part 1. Part 2 will be released in the first half of 2023.

cr: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004785021

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

[News] Actor Jang Keun Suk donates 100 million won to help victims of Turkey and Syria earthquake
South Korean stars are joining to spring into action and help those affected by the 7.8 magnitude quakes that hit southern Turkey and northern Syria.

Unicef Korea addressed on Friday, that South Korean actor Jang Keun Suk, has donated 100 million won in hope to help out the for a good cause.

Actor addressed “I have heard the news of the earthquake and how the people in Turkey and Syria are going through a harsh time, and I truly hope for their quick recovery,” adding “Moreover, I hope a lot of people will help out for the good casue.”

In 2013, Jang Keun Suk donated 100 million won to children affected by typhoons in the Philippines and 10 million won to children affected by floods in Pakistan in 2022 to the Korean Committee for UNICEF.

11f9d545c35c098d1a718070170a8e04.jpg

From Unicef page: Jang Keun Suk, a member of Unicef Honors club donated 100 million won to emergency relief for children affected by the earthquake in Turkey and Syria.
We are deeply greatful to the member Jang Keun Suk for always taking the lead in sharing with children of the global village.
Please give your kind-hearted support to the children in Turkey and Syria who lost everything in a brief instant and whose lives are in danger. 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=052&aid=0001847707&fbclid=IwAR3lo3JpVyWVRr1keSxMwd7iHCbjlg9Gvaa1UcNtuoKvE7RQKNeBGdV60og

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 2/13/2023 at 9:34 AM, lilyphenix said:

@CarolynH Same here. This week I struggled with the flashbacks. I prefer the present-day pace and storyline.

Same here. It's an awesome show but they are running 2  or 3 timelines together and even one specific timeline is broken into various tracks like detective's story, head conman's (sang cheon??) story, secretary's, that guy who got his leg broken his story, assemblyman's track, no sang cheon's track with assemblyman aid, victims' own several seperate tracks. At one point the flashback stopped at one point and present day came then another flashback came, I thought the second flashback is from another timeline but it turned out it was from same previous past timeline just continuing from different story, it was so confusing. It's a well made show but flashbacks in this complex way are too much to understand.

It's so annoying that there was so less development in season 1 which I don't mind but only 6 episodes and then they set 2nd season away by 2 months which is too much.

On 2/12/2023 at 8:43 PM, joccu said:

I liked the first part. It was bit slow but still I enjoyed watching.  

Everything is connected. I have an inkling. But will see if I´m right or totally barking the wrong tree.

I have a theory that whether no sang cheon is alive or not this whole setup is actually started by male lead in some kind of revenge for his sister or he has some involvement in it.

Anyways, very good show, kdramas definitely have come a long way to have this kind of show created, it beats netflix quality.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

It's so annoying that there was so less development in season 1 which I don't mind but only 6 episodes and then they set 2nd season away by 2 months which is too much.

Yikes 2 months!  By that time, I will have forgotten much of what happened in season 1, especially the scenes in the past.  I'll be watching season 2 saying, "Wait, what?"  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Yikes 2 months!  By that time, I will have forgotten much of what happened in season 1, especially the scenes in the past.  I'll be watching season 2 saying, "Wait, what?"  

I mean atleast have 8 or 10 episodes or release in 3 weeks like island or big bet but 2 months which is 7 april is so absurd, because it was 6 episodes only we would even forget most important points. And it was high suspense point when it ended so curiosity was as bad as stomach cramp. Totally unfair.

• Like 1