Scattergories, The First Edition

agenth

For some of us, summer season is soon over, so it's time to gather around and play a game with us! That's the beauty of colder weather, or independent from that, just having a good time all around the year! 

k-drama-sad.gif

We present you the first general Soompi Forums Edition of Scattergories, inspired by @kittyna of the Joo Won Thread. @kittyna is a very creative and dedicated Joo Won fan who likes to organise scattergories all about Joo Won - one of the finest Korean actors. Not only Joo Won fans get to enjoy her creative ideas but everyone else who drops by 

If not only Joo Won fans enjoy Scattergories (and do feel free to visit their thread), then why not the rest of our Forum chingus? 

What is Scattergories?

squid-game-red-light-green-light.gif

(Don't worry, Scattergories really is a safe game to participate in!)

As @kittyna inspired it: Scattergories is a game, where the host suggests topics (questions) and the players (everyone here who joins this thread) will simply come up with whatever answer they feel to be the best/right one for them as well as an explanation. 

First Edition, let's play:

There is no sign-up, simply post your answers to the following scenarios/situations (see below). Also, you may be inspired what answers are posted by the other players. 

You can write as long or as short as you want to explain your choices, maybe even with photos, gifs, videos or whatever you want. 

FspT.gif

Everyone's a winner here. Let's enjoy. 

Simply post your ideas for the following - answer as many as you like:

CATEGORY: DRAMA CHARACTERS & YOU (PICK ONE CHARACTER EACH PER TOPIC); the topics:

1. Drama Character most likely to become your friend in real life
  2. Drama Character you want to date 
  3. Drama Character who would most likely get lost while trying to meet you
  4. Drama Character who wouldn't be able to assemble IKEA furniture - even with instructions, despite telling you that they would help you
  5. Drama Character who would mysteriously suddenly show up, whenever you are in a crisis

CATEGORY: CELEBRITIES, WHO ARE THEY (PICK ONE CELEBRITY EACH PER TOPIC); the topics: 

1. Celebrity most likely afraid of bugs
  2. Celebrity most likely to scream in the middle of a horror movie
  3. Celebrity most likely to become a rockstar
  4. Celebrity that should play Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, or Emma in Emma (by Jane Austen)
  5. Celebrity who could backpack the world for 6 months alone, and survive

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

tagging:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali @superspace @000231846597

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @LovelyBirdAndYoo   @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @The.Lannister @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo   @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye  @Firefly @CA C @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun  @pixie0622

@asiaren   @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c  @Maliah @-JC-    @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang  

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd  @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy 

@kimlees    @lduc   @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess   @Lusiana    @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki  @Banshee Dragon   @bunnycotton143   @Carolina Baracaldo   @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu   @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana   @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela    @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  

@Man-O-Man  @mizv  @momosik   @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca   @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong   @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59

@omiki @junejungki @lilyphenix @Tuiwgn @Jcanqueen12   

All gif/video credits go to their owners

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Ooh, I love @kittyna's Scattergories events! :love: I've participated in several of them on the Joo Won oppa thread!

Let me start with a couple of examples. :highonflowers:

CATEGORY: DRAMA CHARACTERS & YOU (PICK ONE CHARACTER EACH)

1. Drama Character who wouldn't be able to assemble IKEA furniture - even with instructions, despite telling you that they would help you

Instinctively, Kim Joo Won from Secret Garden comes to mind... hehe

531e515993972e2a49ee7079dd1d698a.gif

Dude is just so clueless, unathletic (despite the track suits) and doesn't seem to be able to even wash his own underwear.

:emmm:

Him with IKEA furniture? He would definitely give up after 2 seconds and have someone else assemble it for him. Of course saying he *could* do it, but that he's too rich to bother.

:loolz:

CATEGORY: CELEBRITIES, WHO ARE THEY (PICK ONE CELEBRITY EACH)

1. Celebrity that should play Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, or Emma in Emma (by Jane Austen)

Okay, this one is easy! In my opinion, Mr. Darcy should be played by Yoongi from BTS! :joy:

b1f6508577ec302709c73c5485a8b554.gif

Why you ask? He's not an actor, right?

REASONS:

1) His personality is quite tsundere IRL. Like Mr. Darcy.

2) He speaks his mind directly. Like Mr. Darcy.

3) Despite his often seemingly cold and cool exterior, he has a heart of gold and is always helping others without expecting anything in return. Like Mr. Darcy.

4) He's really unbothered by everything and does things in his own way. Like Mr. Darcy.

5) He knows how to handle a sword. Like Mr. Darcy

c1afa8a39bb192df73158c7b3e85a54e.gif

6) He rocks sageuk clothes/style. Like Mr. Darcy.

main-qimg-bcdf739eae6b4e6c30889ea05cd848

Check out this post for more reference on his unbothered personality (8 Times BTS’s Suga Ignored His Members Just Because He Can):

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/8-times-bts-suga-ignored-members-just-can/

Perfect to play Mr. Darcy? Yes. :coolshades:

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

Dude is just so clueless, unathletic (despite the track suits) and doesn't seem to be able to even wash his own underwear.

i haven't watched this, but isn't he also very reluctant to put in any effort or work, or has like no patience? the FL was badass right? :D He would just obstruct her rather than be of help, intentionally or even accidentally.

33 minutes ago, partyon said:

3) Despite his cold and cool exterior, he has a heart of gold and is always helping others without expecting anything in return. Like Mr. Darcy.

I am bolding this, because when I used my words for this, you refused to see my POV :D

Apart from that, though, I really do like Yoongi cast as Mr. Darcy. Also when he smiles, it's very beautiful. 

I am also curious for your other answers hehehe :D

thanks for participating!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

25 minutes ago, agenth said:

I am bolding this, because when I used my words for this, you refused to see my POV :D

RBF is not the same thing, chingu :D And I actually meant his personality :D

25 minutes ago, agenth said:

I am also curious for your other answers hehehe :D

How about your answers? :sparklyeyes:

Tagging my current drama thread chingus again! Come and join us! :love:

@emsel @maribella @sadthe1st @LeftCoastOppa @lilyphenix @K-dramafan22 @chickfactor @Dramafreak @SleepyKitty @kwayteow_mama @frozentundra @rocat @Gumiho & co

How about answering one of the questions posted by @agenth in terms of a character from Alchemy of Souls or Big Mouth? Or another drama?

Eddie Murphy Laughing GIF

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Blob 3

I am going to choose attorney Jang of Extraordinary attorney Woo. He would not be able to assemble Ikea furniture but he will give you the assembled piece. He would get somebody else to do and claim credit for doing it. :Megalol:

Junho will be the character who would always turn up when I need help. Of course, assuming Atty Woo is busy with her whales which is at most times. :love:

I will nominate Atty Woo to lose her way while trying to meet me. :joy: Enough said.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

12 hours ago, agenth said:

CATEGORY: DRAMA CHARACTERS & YOU (PICK ONE CHARACTER EACH PER TOPIC); the topics:

4. Drama Character who wouldn't be able to assemble IKEA furniture - even with instructions, despite telling you that they would help you
  5. Drama Character who would mysteriously suddenly show up, whenever you are in a crisis

I feel my brain is short circuiting because I can't remember any characters or dramas. :lol:

so I am just going to go with something off the top of my head -- 

1. drama character as a friend -- basically any FL with a brain and does not resort to tears at the drop of the hat? that would be characters more in the revenge daily drama genre. think they would be fun. but yea, princess in bossam was rather cool. so level headed. so much brain. wah! 

arrow.jpg  

2. drama character you want to date? -- see this is tricky because most of these ML are fun to watch but would you really tolerate them in real life? LOL. probably not right? ... so I am thinking and thinking. I guess ba-woo from bossam will be good. he won't chatter on or keep flirting like an annoying crow. sorry, no energy to listen to random jabber. we would be content to look at the sea and have a nice cup of tea and some steamed fish at the seaside restaurant. the wind would keep us company. 

bossam50-sea.jpg

3. drama character who would get lost? -- that would be the second leads who never manage to catch the FL and ML while hanging out. poor things. yea I feel you even when you smile in pain. it sucks to get lost. 

4. drama character who cannot assemble IKEA furniture -- I have never assembled IKEA though I have had to fix real/regular beds. it was a nightmare! I prefer to call carpenters thank you very much. keeping that aside, I vote for those unnamed assassins /bodyguards who never get it together in revenge dramas and always screw up -- this includes entertaining the 5 year old kidnap child.  

shark-dance.jpg

5. drama character who would mysteriously show up -- that would be the loyal henchmen. see in every daily drama, the bad lady has some loyal butler. for reasons unknown, he is always loyal to her even though he does not necessarily agree with her badness. I keep waiting in every drama for the writer to reveal that maybe he was in love with her and hence the extreme loyalty. but nope, they never give the back story. really sillly I tell you. so  yea, crisis management must always be managed by loyal butlers. they know what they are doing and they don't give you grief by commenting about it either. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

1. Drama Character who would mysteriously suddenly show up, whenever you are in a crisis: Terius... :ph34r: korean drama GIF

1. Celebrity most likely to become a rockstar: Any actor from the Hospital Playlist who was in the TV show's doctors music band...
  2. Celebrity who could backpack the world for 6 months alone, and survive: Namkoong Min. Thinking of the extensive training he underwent for the drama The Veil... 

This isn't as easy as it looks, lol!

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

15 hours ago, agenth said:

Drama Character who wouldn't be able to assemble IKEA furniture - even with instructions, despite telling you that they would help you

I’d like to introduce a character I know who’d be just the opposite…Xiao Nai (played by Yang Yang) in Love 020. 

Not only will he build it, he’ll redesign it and if it interests him, he’ll likely build a successful start-up that will one day churn billions and Antoni Gaudi the socks off you. 

And all these while, he maintains a GPA of 4.0 and is on course to graduate summa cum laude in two-thirds the time a regular person would take. Loved by his professors, adored by friends, and is idolized by those with beating hearts, he is the epitome of the perfect gentleman who has eyes only for one…scalliwag of a girl who gorges on chicken wings. :joy: 
(ok, I am biased kekeke)

wei wei yi xiao hen qing cheng GIF

(This gif database is amazing!)

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

16 hours ago, partyon said:
  1. Drama Character who wouldn't be able to assemble IKEA furniture - even with instructions, despite telling you that they would help you

Jang Uk would be too lazy while Yul would be too diligent. So in both the cases they won't be able to assemble IKEA furniture, despite the instructions.  :D

AOS reference.

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:
  • Drama Character who would most likely get lost while trying to meet you
  •  

Park bo Gum from Reply 1988. :D

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:
16 hours ago, agenth said:
  1. Drama Character who would mysteriously suddenly show up, whenever you are in a crisis

Goblin :D
Or the magician from Sound of Magic.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, partyon said:

RBF is not the same thing, chingu :D And I actually meant his personality :D

but that's what i said too :D

at first glance unapproachable, but once you get closer, very thoughtful!

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I feel my brain is short circuiting because I can't remember any characters or dramas. :lol:

somehow i felt it in my bones that you would relate a lot to the Bossam characters°!

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

2. drama character you want to date? -- see this is tricky because most of these ML are fun to watch but would you really tolerate them in real life? LOL. probably not right? ... so I am thinking and thinking. I guess ba-woo from bossam will be good. he won't chatter on or keep flirting like an annoying crow. sorry, no energy to listen to random jabber. we would be content to look at the sea and have a nice cup of tea and some steamed fish at the seaside restaurant. the wind would keep us company. 

that's so romantic. sometimes you just don't have to talk to have great company. imagine if you would date the guy from What's Wrong With Secretary Kim :D

tumblr_p9p12wsqeG1rvpnp8o1_540.gifv

2 hours ago, rocat said:

And all these while, he maintains a GPA of 4.0 and is on course to graduate summa cum laude in two-thirds the time a regular person would take. Loved by his professors, adored by friends, and is idolized by those with beating hearts, he is the epitome of the perfect gentleman who has eyes only for one…scalliwag of a girl who gorges on chicken wings. :joy: 
(ok, I am biased kekeke)

is this also the drama character you'd like to date? 

1 hour ago, Dramafreak said:

Or the magician from Sound of Magic.

Yes, he'd arrive with style.

b70e17e785acafc6c3e2f4c8ec171c8bffee7d6b

Glad to meet another TSOM-fan <3 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, agenth said:

somehow i felt it in my bones that you would relate a lot to the Bossam characters°!

:please: kekeke.... 

1 hour ago, agenth said:
6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

that's so romantic. sometimes you just don't have to talk to have great company. imagine if you would date the guy from What's Wrong With Secretary Kim :D

you are right, that is romantic. didn't realize till you pointed it out. hahahahah.... :joy:

my brain is indeed short circuiting. hahahhaha... to be honest, I was just craving for fish (maybe next week, will be able to go to shop) and wanting to see the beach (which I haven't in a while). hahahahaha... so in my head, that was popped up. a nice tea by the sea which tastes a bit salty because of the wind. 

as for secretary kim, I didn't even bother with the fictional one past one ep. no way I would survive a date with a real one. hahahahha... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I guess ba-woo from bossam will be good. he won't chatter on or keep flirting like an annoying crow. sorry, no energy to listen to random jabber. we would be content to look at the sea and have a nice cup of tea and some steamed fish at the seaside restaurant. the wind would keep us company. 

You forgot one reason, sweetie. The mustache. :D

2 hours ago, agenth said:

but that's what i said too :D

at first glance unapproachable, but once you get closer, very thoughtful!

You said Yoongi has a resting b*** face :onfirex:

I haven't forgotten. :unamused:

Drama Character most likely to become your friend in real life

Kim Mi Young from Fated To Love You.

miyoung-01.gif

REASONS:

1. She just seems like such an adorable, sweet, loyal and kind person. Would love to have heart to heart talks with her about everything! :wub:
  2. She knows how to sing - we could go to karaoke together!
  3. She also looks great in evening wear - we could go clubbing yeah! :glasses:
  4. And best of all, she's a great runner. We could hit the jogging track together. :partyblob:
    fated-to-love-you-kdrama.gif
    Even guys couldn't keep up with us :joy: Not even @Sleepy Owl who really loves that Noona.
    e81b9554900692d432b003ce9d87576ed673cde9

Drama Character who would mysteriously suddenly show up, whenever you are in a crisis

Ooh, if anyone would be working in Tomorrow's Suicide Prevention Team, Park Joong Gil would suddenly show up for sure.

c86cc4f240a18887165f1125a7c6ac5fa0dd5f39

And we certainly wouldn't mind... heheh :wub: Right? @rocher22 @joccu @Min2206

61d3bb92560d05b885efccf26f23e9617c436529

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.... 

you are right, that is romantic. didn't realize till you pointed it out. hahahahah.... :joy:

my brain is indeed short circuiting. hahahhaha... to be honest, I was just craving for fish (maybe next week, will be able to go to shop) and wanting to see the beach (which I haven't in a while). hahahahaha... so in my head, that was popped up. a nice tea by the sea which tastes a bit salty because of the wind. 

as for secretary kim, I didn't even bother with the fictional one past one ep. no way I would survive a date with a real one. hahahahha... 

there is a new drama with the bossam couple, it's callled Good Job. Are you watching it? 

I actually think FL fits nicely with the trio! 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

14 minutes ago, agenth said:

there is a new drama with the bossam couple, it's callled Good Job. Are you watching it? 

I actually think FL fits nicely with the trio! 

planning to but haven't checked it out. :)

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

1. Drama Character most likely to become your friend in real life

I never really thought about this one. Maybe I will go with Inspector Koo, she would be a very good gaming buddy I believe :rubchin:

193c4ffdb417a7f78c234a3cd0e761aa875dcb60

2. Drama Character you want to date 

Well, any Jang Nara character I believe, because she is love :fullofhearts:

But I'll go with the latest one, she'll protect me from the bad guys and also bad spirits :eats:

sell-your-haunted-house-jang-nara.gif

3. Drama Character who would most likely get lost while trying to meet you

I am a bit confused. So is the drama character I would like to get lost, or is it who would just lose their way while trying to meet me. 

Anyway, if it is the later, then this dude here from Hometown Cha3 is famous for being very bad in directions (even after being told the directions)

lee-sang-yi.jpg

This guy here from Cafe Minamdang, he mostly used his head to just head butt the bad guys, so surely he would fit in here 

Spoiler

MV5BZmJhZjNjMWEtYjFjMS00MDVlLWEzOGUtMDNl

Who would be better than the Goblin and Grim Reaper, this combo would be too OP for any bad guy or crisis

Spoiler

CautiousComplexAfricanparadiseflycatcher

1. Celebrity most likely afraid of bugs

Its always the most serious and brave looking ones, I'll go with Heo Sung Tae 

Spoiler

190702_%ED%97%88%EC%84%B1%ED%83%9C_(1)_(

2. Celebrity most likely to scream in the middle of a horror movie

I can't go again with Heo Sung Tae can? I'll go with Shin Song Rok 

Spoiler

perfume-kdrama-kbs2.gif

3. Celebrity most likely to become a rockstar

Not sure, maybe this guy right here

Spoiler

eb6e50cca1317df43acec420d5222e2783e10f08

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Drama Character who wouldn't be able to assemble IKEA furniture - even with instructions, despite telling you that they would help you :  Haruta Soichi (ossan Love).  Reason: he was just so clueless. :loolz:

おっさんずラブ (Ossan's Love Ep.1) – ~Random Reviews~

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

22 hours ago, agenth said:

• Drama Character most likely to become your friend in real life ----------Fuzi from Mr Fighting <cdrama> and Eun Hee <Our Blues>, the former IRL is my BFF the personality matches and the latter is just someone I want , also special mention Sung Siwon <Reply 97> if she wrote BG fanfiction she would the girl I follow everywhere just to know the chapter early lol.
  • Drama Character you want to date ----------An Min Hyuk <Strong Girl Bong Soon>, find me a Guy who is like him rich, understanding and listens to the Girl lol.
  • Drama Character who would most likely get lost while trying to meet you --------------------Samchenpo <Reply 94>, because I live in a city with a lot of confusing metro lines lol
  • Drama Character who wouldn't be able to assemble IKEA furniture - even with instructions, despite telling you that they would help you -------------Lee Gon <The King Eternal Monarch> because he will end up calling Jo Young and not do the Non King chores lmao
  • Drama Character who would mysteriously suddenly show up, whenever you are in a crisis -------Goblin and Grim Reaper :)
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

Drama Character you want to date ----------An Min Hyuk <Strong Girl Bong Soon>, find me a Guy who is like him rich, understanding and listens to the Girl lol.

OMG! Girl, he's sooooo dreamy! :love: Would love to date him too! He's such a handsome oppa and tall enough. :fullofhearts:

giphy.gif

@the_sweetroad We might have to fight over who gets him. :joy:

Thegoldbergs GIF by ABC Network

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Its always the most serious and brave looking ones, I'll go with Heo Sung Tae 

That is most surprising. :loolz:

I only know these guys are afraid of bugs. That includes our EO idol oppa Jackson Wang :joy:

• LOL 7